PDA

View Full Version : Thank you BRUNO!

sendman
07-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Spurs forum became almost unreadable thanks to you and your littering with threads about every single male that can handle a basketball...a little.
I suggest that you throw in a few women, just for the hack of it!:toast

Bruno
07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Thank you for the thank you. :)
You're welcome. :toast

lefty
07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Spurs forum became almost unreadable thanks to you and your littering with threads about every single male that can handle a basketball...a little.
I suggest that you throw in a few women, just for the hack of it!:toast
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/DylanCollins/ColinFarell-BlowJob.gif

sendman
07-04-2012, 08:34 AM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/DylanCollins/ColinFarell-BlowJob.gif

And here is a gif of Lefty doing what he does best!

sananspursfan21
07-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Sarcastic op is sarcastic

Wild Cobra Kai
07-04-2012, 09:41 AM
mouse is mouse
fify

wildbill2u
07-04-2012, 10:42 AM
There are those of us who do go to the Thinktank. It was set up to prevent all the clutter, and it is a shame that it doesn't work better to serve that purpose.

IMHO the thinktank has been cluttered up by posting of every conceivable free agent or draft pick so it is almost unusable for most users. There's really not much point in posting about a "26 y.o. 5'8" PF Nowhere U freshman who has declared himself eligible for the draft"

Maybe a separate section of the Thinktank for "20 Best Free Agent Prospects" and "20 Best Draft Choices" would help.

Maybe we need a permanently pinned thread entitled "Go to Thinktank to talk about trades, draft picks and free agents."

Wild Cobra Kai
07-04-2012, 10:55 AM
There are those of us who do go to the Thinktank. It was set up to prevent all the clutter, and it is a shame that it doesn't work better to serve that purpose.

IMHO the thinktank has been cluttered up by posting of every conceivable free agent or draft pick so it is almost unusable for most users. There's really not much point in posting about a "26 y.o. 5'8" PF Nowhere U freshman who has declared himself eligible for the draft"

Maybe a separate section of the Thinktank for "20 Best Free Agent Prospects" and "20 Best Draft Choices" would help.

Maybe we need a permanently pinned thread entitled "Go to Thinktank to talk about trades, draft picks and free agents."

Right before the draft, they move all of the draft picks to the main forum. Then, they move them out and move the FAs in during the FA period. The Think Tank is very usable if you use the link threads to draft picks and free agents. They are alphabetized, and you can find the hot link to a player and go there in one click.

The problem with the 20 best concept is that who's 20 best is it? I may have 20 completely different players than your 20 players, and people would be bitching about that, too. I think the way ST does it is best. Put it all out there for anyone to discuss. The most popular players will stay on the first page or two, and that 26 YO prospect from Lichtenstein will drift to the later pages if he's not worth discussing.

dougp
07-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh look, another useless thread posted by a GNSF.

sendman
07-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Oh look, another useless thread posted by a GNSF.
Dude, you wouldn't have a clue if your name was golden.

sananspursfan21
07-04-2012, 11:46 AM
fify

Huh, makes sense i spose

timvp
07-04-2012, 11:52 AM
There are those of us who do go to the Thinktank. It was set up to prevent all the clutter, and it is a shame that it doesn't work better to serve that purpose. The Think Tank tank worked perfectly well. I moved all the free agent threads into the Spurs forum since that's what there is to talk about this time of year. I know people get surprised each offseason but it's the way we've been doing it since the beginning of SpursTalk.

Once the free agency period dies down, the threads go back in the Think Tank. Same with the draft.

IMHO the thinktank has been cluttered up by posting of every conceivable free agent or draft pick so it is almost unusable for most users. There's really not much point in posting about a "26 y.o. 5'8" PF Nowhere U freshman who has declared himself eligible for the draft"I'm not sure how much more usability one could want. If you want to talk about a specific free agent or draft pick, you just go to the index thread and click on the player's name.

And the only way it works is if every prospect is listed. Otherwise, the other threads will get cluttered with info on unrelated players. It's either all players or none.

When it's not specifically draft time or free agent time, most people find their way there. If they post a thread in the main forum, people are quick to link to the appropriate Think Tank thread. No permanent reminder is needed, IMO.

I think the Think Tank has been a massive success and, tbh, the year-round level of basketball discussion is even higher than it is in the main forum. And the setup makes it much more useful in that it keeps all info in the appropriate place.

Props to Bruno and everyone else who has done great work with the Think Tank. :tu

CubanMustGo
07-04-2012, 05:49 PM
timvp with the b****slap of the OP

The ADMIRAL 50
07-04-2012, 06:08 PM
A genuine thanks from me to Bruno; I've always enjoyed your takes and in particular valued your insight of the European game.

Once again, we have a classic case of an idiot making a useless thread in order to whine about people making threads the whiner deem useless. Beyond being hypocritical... well, no I guess that's it, they're just really dumb because of the blatant hypocrisy. As Timvp pointed out, the draft and FA is where the action is at at this time of year, ergo the threads are moved here so new threads dont need to be created. I'm sure a couple extra clicks of the scroll wheel can't be too exhausting, but if so hang in there.

Em-City
07-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I like the system.. I'd rather see 1 thread on every FA than 10 theads a day about unrealistic headliners.

Bruno
07-04-2012, 06:23 PM
For the record, there are less free agent threads than in previous years. In the past, I've made a thread for every single NBA free agent. This year some free agents, like Jerry Stackhouse, Erick Dampier, Eddy Curry, Brain Scalabrine.. don't have a thread.

SenorSpur
07-04-2012, 06:35 PM
For the record, there are less free agent threads than in previous years. In the past, I've made a thread for every single NBA free agent. This year some free agents, like Jerry Stackhouse, Erick Dampier, Eddy Curry, Brain Scalabrine.. don't have a thread.

Nor should they.

Big props to you Bruno, for all the effort. :toast

I think the process works well.

tlongII
07-04-2012, 06:57 PM
The Think Tank tank worked perfectly well. I moved all the free agent threads into the Spurs forum since that's what there is to talk about this time of year. I know people get surprised each offseason but it's the way we've been doing it since the beginning of SpursTalk.

Once the free agency period dies down, the threads go back in the Think Tank. Same with the draft.

I'm not sure how much more usability one could want. If you want to talk about a specific free agent or draft pick, you just go to the index thread and click on the player's name.

And the only way it works is if every prospect is listed. Otherwise, the other threads will get cluttered with info on unrelated players. It's either all players or none.

When it's not specifically draft time or free agent time, most people find their way there. If they post a thread in the main forum, people are quick to link to the appropriate Think Tank thread. No permanent reminder is needed, IMO.

I think the Think Tank has been a massive success and, tbh, the year-round level of basketball discussion is even higher than it is in the main forum. And the setup makes it much more useful in that it keeps all info in the appropriate place.

Props to Bruno and everyone else who has done great work with the Think Tank. :tu

impossible. I never post in the Think Tank.

dylankerouac
07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
One of the best NBA forums period. Find something better to complain about or post something better to read about. Like timvp said, this is the current news.

UnWantedTheory
07-04-2012, 07:43 PM
OP :whine :nope
Stop bitching just to bitch.

spurso
07-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Haha op getting punked. Personally, I give big props to timvp and Bruno as I value their opinion massively. Op, stop complaining. I f you need to do something to feel big, open an account on eharmony.

Drom John
07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Thank you Bruno.

gospursgojas
07-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Yea less insight on potential additions the the team and more talk about NBA being rigged please.

gospursgojas
07-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Other forums wish they had the basketball minds this site does. Bruno is one of those minds.

CubanMustGo
07-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Looks like sendman is the nail in his avatar ... except he hasn't popped back since getting hammered by everyone here.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Looks like sendman is the nail in his avatar ... except he hasn't popped back since getting hammered by everyone here.

Not quite the way mouse envisioned this, I guess. :lol

sendman
07-07-2012, 01:26 AM

28 replies from 19 different people is everyone now? Buddy, don't be so full of yourself. There is 11683 users of this forum.