PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Perry

AussieFanKurt
07-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Can anyone explain to me, someone who knows nothing about him but see's his films receive pitiful ratings what his deal is?

thispego
07-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Could you please rephrase your question?

Trainwreck2100
07-04-2012, 09:17 PM
wCNWsWFVjS8

watch this entire episode

Reck
07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
He only does films/TV shows about African-American stuff and only casts blacks.

But I can give you a few more reasons why his movies and shows get shitty reviews.

-Horrible movie concepts
-Unfunny shows
-Characters always seem to have the same agenda in all of his work
-Seen one movie, seen them all.

That's pretty much the main points. All you need to see is one movie made by Tyler Perry and you'll get an idea on why reviewers tend to give him thumbs down.

Trainwreck2100
07-04-2012, 09:40 PM
did you watch the episode?

Huey Freeman
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
He only does films/TV shows about African-American stuff and only casts blacks.

But I can give you a few more reasons why his movies and shows get shitty reviews.

-Horrible movie concepts
-Unfunny shows
-Characters always seem to have the same agenda in all of his work
-Seen one movie, seen them all.

That's pretty much the main points. All you need to see is one movie made by Tyler Perry and you'll get an idea on why reviewers tend to give him thumbs down.

He gets shitty reviews because majority of the people giving the reviews dont relate to his movies and shows. Most of Perry's fans are church going older black women. If you dont fall into this category your probably not going to enjoy his comedy very much.

Reck
07-04-2012, 09:43 PM
He gets shitty reviews because majority of the people giving the reviews dont relate to his movies and shows. Most of Perry's fans are church going older black women. If you dont fall into this category your probably not going to enjoy his comedy very much.

Yeah I meant to include something like this along the line in my first post but got sidetracked. :lol

Trill Clinton
07-04-2012, 10:00 PM
he's a coon and a black eye to the black community. none of his films/shows are funny. the plot's are boo-boo. acting is horrible.

spike lee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tp

DMC
07-04-2012, 10:51 PM
I was thinking he should make a movie about 3 professional black males, a lawyer, a doctor and a architect and they are all at a backyard barbeque and one of them is trying to hook up with a girl who's kin to one of the other people there, but Tyler Perry, dressed as a woman, ain't havin' it but finally relents when he discovers the doctor is also a lawyer and an architect, and a professional world class chef with serious handles and dunking ability.

oh crap
07-04-2012, 10:58 PM
it's a black thing, tbh.

GoodOdor
07-04-2012, 11:10 PM
I was thinking he should make a movie about 3 professional black males, a lawyer, a doctor and a architect and they are all at a backyard barbeque and one of them is trying to hook up with a girl who's kin to one of the other people there, but Tyler Perry, dressed as a woman, ain't havin' it but finally relents when he discovers the doctor is also a lawyer and an architect, and a professional world class chef with serious handles and dunking ability.

Send this shit it.

gospursgojas
07-04-2012, 11:54 PM
He's found a formula that works for black people, replicates it over and over in all his movies and makes millions.

Not any different than any other director or, hell, any other biz man.

Creepn
07-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Here's the model: Rich successful black man treats poor black lady like shit. Poor black lady gets a life changing lesson from a transvestite. Poor black lady meets a poor black man with shitty job that drinks protein shakes in his sleep but knows how to treat a lady. Happily ever after. Cash in. Rinse and repeat.

Trainwreck2100
07-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Here's the model: Rich successful black man treats poor black lady like shit. Poor black lady gets a life changing lesson from a transvestite. Poor black lady meets a poor black man with shitty job that drinks protein shakes in his sleep but knows how to treat a lady. Happily ever after. Cash in. Rinse and repeat.

:depressed
that's what they said in the video

AussieFanKurt
07-08-2012, 06:38 AM
How does he make money if the only people watching his shit is african american older church going women?

Avante
07-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Like everyone in the entertainment biz, he has his "target audience".