PDA

View Full Version : Beasley to PHX

SPURSCHAMP
07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
According to Mark Stein 3yr 18million :lol suns
Source:http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2012/7/4/3138089/michael-beasley-is-a-phoenix-sun

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Well I wanted him, but that's way too much. Oh well. It ain't like they're using the cap space on a stud anytime soon.

SPURSCHAMP
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Heard it on SportsCenter if anyone wants to confirm via twitter. I don't use twitter

pass1st
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
:lol Suns suck at negotiating contracts

Xylus
07-04-2012, 09:37 PM
$6 mil/yr seems fine to me for a guy that will be asked to score 15-20 ppg.

Let the Beasley rehabilitation begin. 3 years isn't that bad either.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 09:38 PM

I'm still hoping for a Lance Blanks statement about how Michael Beasley is a great human being who will represent the organization as a leader with class.

Mel_13
07-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Riley and Adelman both gave up on this guy. Good luck on the rehab, but I don't see this ending well.

mojorizen7

Yep. I would imagine that there might be a team option in year 3 too.

pass1st
http://gifs.gifbin.com/032012/1332357015_michael_beasley_accidentally_rubs_antho ny_tollivers_knee.gif

Xylus
I'm still hoping for a Lance Blanks statement about how Michael Beasley is a great human being who will represent the organization as a leader with class.

It's definitely coming.

I'm just glad we didn't sign him for any longer than 3 years. On a scale of horrible contracts, this doesn't approach Boris Diaw status at all.

BRHornet45
07-04-2012, 09:40 PM
so now the Suns are giving $6 million a year to a guy who stays in trouble and are looking to give one of the most injury prone players in the NBA over the last 3 years a max contract?

Beasley's off the court issues

On September 3, 2008, at the NBA's Rookie Transition Program, Beasley was involved in an incident along with fellow rookies Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur. Police responded to the hotel room of Chalmers and Arthur following a fire alarm at 2 am and claimed that the room smelled strongly of burning marijuana, but none was found and no charges were filed. Chalmers and Arthur were excused from the camp because of the incident and were later fined $20,000 each for missing the rookie camp, but were not fined or suspended for any drug-related violations. Both later denied any involvement with marijuana. Originally, ESPN reported that Beasley was also present in the room, but was not asked to leave camp. The story was later updated and any mention of Beasley was removed from the article.

On September 18, 2008, Beasley was fined $50,000 by the league for his involvement in the incident after Pat Riley forced him to confess to league officials that he had slipped out the door when the police arrived.

On August 24, 2009, Beasley reportedly checked into a Houston rehab center, just days after he posted pictures of himself on his Twitter page with what some have speculated to be marijuana in the background. It is unknown if the rehab was drug related; as a report states, he was receiving counseling for stress-related issues.

On June 26, 2011, Beasley was driving in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka when he was pulled over by a policeman for speeding. The policeman noticed that the car smelled of a strong odor of marijuana. The officer allegedly found marijuana in a plastic bag under the front passenger seat. However, Beasley said the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off. Beasley was consequently fined and ticketed.

Later in 2011, Beasley was on a NYC streetball tour with good friend and all-star Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant. On August 4, 2011, Beasley was participating in a streetball game at Dyckman Park in the Inwood neighborhood of New York City. In the game Beasley played on the 914 team (Green Shirts) and Durant on Team Nike (Black Shirts). Beasley was being heckled throughout the game. Deciding he had enough while a member of the black team was shooting free throws, Beasley walked up to the heckling fan. They argued and exchanged words, then Beasley gave the fan the open hand, pushing his face away.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
OMG Nice contract Suns. lmao

pass1st
07-04-2012, 09:42 PM
so now the Suns are giving $6 million a year to a guy who stays in trouble and are looking to give one of the most injury prone players in the NBA over the last 3 years a max contract?

Beasley's off the court issues

On September 3, 2008, at the NBA's Rookie Transition Program, Beasley was involved in an incident along with fellow rookies Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur. Police responded to the hotel room of Chalmers and Arthur following a fire alarm at 2 am and claimed that the room smelled strongly of burning marijuana, but none was found and no charges were filed. Chalmers and Arthur were excused from the camp because of the incident and were later fined $20,000 each for missing the rookie camp, but were not fined or suspended for any drug-related violations. Both later denied any involvement with marijuana. Originally, ESPN reported that Beasley was also present in the room, but was not asked to leave camp. The story was later updated and any mention of Beasley was removed from the article.

On September 18, 2008, Beasley was fined $50,000 by the league for his involvement in the incident after Pat Riley forced him to confess to league officials that he had slipped out the door when the police arrived.

On August 24, 2009, Beasley reportedly checked into a Houston rehab center, just days after he posted pictures of himself on his Twitter page with what some have speculated to be marijuana in the background. It is unknown if the rehab was drug related; as a report states, he was receiving counseling for stress-related issues.

On June 26, 2011, Beasley was driving in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka when he was pulled over by a policeman for speeding. The policeman noticed that the car smelled of a strong odor of marijuana. The officer allegedly found marijuana in a plastic bag under the front passenger seat. However, Beasley said the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off. Beasley was consequently fined and ticketed.

Later in 2011, Beasley was on a NYC streetball tour with good friend and all-star Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant. On August 4, 2011, Beasley was participating in a streetball game at Dyckman Park in the Inwood neighborhood of New York City. In the game Beasley played on the 914 team (Green Shirts) and Durant on Team Nike (Black Shirts). Beasley was being heckled throughout the game. Deciding he had enough while a member of the black team was shooting free throws, Beasley walked up to the heckling fan. They argued and exchanged words, then Beasley gave the fan the open hand, pushing his face away.

Son, Hope Solo looking fine there

Xylus
07-04-2012, 09:43 PM
He's making less than Landry Fields, so I'm OK with this.

racm
07-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Suns in full tank mode huh

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 09:50 PM
OMG Nice contract Suns. lmao
:lol Charlie Villanueva
:lol Ben Gordon
:lol Tayshaun Prince
:lol Rodney Stuckey
:lol Jonas Jerebko
:lol Pistonfan talking about bad contracts
:lol shitty city
:lol Detroit

da_suns_fan
07-04-2012, 09:52 PM
As if this day couldnt get any worse.

Beasley doesnt do anything except shoot the ball and smoke weed.

Fuck the Suns.

Ace
07-04-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't understand why people are laughing at the Sun's for this signing. 6mil is not THAT bad and Beasley has talent. If he gets his mind right, he will earn that salary...

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't understand why people are laughing at the Sun's for this signing. 6mil is not THAT bad and Beasley has talent. If he gets his mind right...
People just blindly laugh at everything the Suns do at this point. Today was a good day for the Suns. If they can get Gordon then this is a good off season.

BRHornet45
07-04-2012, 10:06 PM
People just blindly laugh at everything the Suns do at this point. Today was a good day for the Suns. If they can get Gordon then this is a good off season.

son real talk the Beasley signing isn't a bad pickup at all if he can stay out of trouble. however giving Eric Gordon a max contract will fuck up any franchise for at least the next two seasons before being able to unload him in the final year or so. even with the reputation of Phoenix's medical staff I think it will be a stretch to get more than 50 games per season out of Gordon at this point and count your blessings if you can get that out of him.

Trill Clinton
07-04-2012, 10:06 PM
if he can put the weed down and focus on his game this can be a good pick up for the suns.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 10:09 PM
son real talk the Beasley signing isn't a bad pickup at all if he can stay out of trouble. however giving Eric Gordon a max contract will fuck up any franchise for at least the next two seasons before being able to unload him in the final year or so. even with the reputation of Phoenix's medical staff I think it will be a stretch to get more than 50 games per season out of Gordon at this point and count your blessings if you can get that out of him.
Son I agree Gordon is a risk but the reward is worth the risk. Gordon is the closest to a "cornerstone" type the Suns can get.

I think Gentry is the perfect coach for Beasley. With the amount of raw knucklehead idiots Phoenix is picking up, they need to make sure Gentry is happy and committed to Phoenix.

Ace
07-04-2012, 10:09 PM

Nobody is looking at the fact they got younger, solid pieces to build and didn't take or give any ridiculous contracts. Beasley if focused is better that Grant Hill at this point. Tbh, I wanted him back in Miami.

Jeremy
07-04-2012, 10:11 PM
I've always wanted Beasley at the right price. But this is like $20 mil gone now with Gordon and Beasley (not counting Lopez). What's left for a PG? A couple mil?

Pelicans78
07-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Is Beasley gonna play PF? He doesn't make a good SF.

da_suns_fan
07-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Beasley is worthless. He doesnt do anything besides shoot the ball. He has a negative assist to turnover ratio.

Cant wait to boo this team.

BRHornet45
07-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Son I agree Gordon is a risk but the reward is worth the risk. Gordon is the closest to a "cornerstone" type the Suns can get.

I think Gentry is the perfect coach for Beasley. With the amount of raw knucklehead idiots Phoenix is picking up, they need to make sure Gentry is happy and committed to Phoenix.

if the Suns are willing to roll the dice with him, then to each their own and I guess you're right at this point he may be about the best they can get. however the hype that some give Gordon is downright silly. I hear people say "he's a 20+ points per game player" ... well yea he only did that one season while playing in only 56 games on a bad team.

08-09: 16.1 PPG (78 games)

09-10: 16.9 PPG (62 games)

10-11: 22.3 PPG (56 games)

11-12: (9 games played)

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Beasley is worthless. He doesnt do anything besides shoot the ball. He has a negative assist to turnover ratio.

Cant wait to boo this team.
Since I'm assuming you're one of the fans angry at the Nash trade - what should the Suns have done? They got the most they could get for Nash.

All the complaining people do about the Suns refusing to rebuild....now that they actually are rebuilding people are outraged and jumping ship.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-04-2012, 10:24 PM
if the Suns are willing to roll the dice with him, then to each their own and I guess you're right at this point he may be about the best they can get. however the hype that some give Gordon is downright silly. I hear people say "he's a 20+ points per game player" ... well yea he only did that one season while playing in only 56 games on a bad team.

08-09: 16.1 PPG (78 games)

09-10: 16.9 PPG (62 games)

10-11: 22.3 PPG (56 games)

11-12: (9 games played)
Son I can't disagree with your concerns but the NBA is so devoid to elite talent when someone shows the flashes of it Gordon has then a team like the Suns with nothing to build around has to go for it.

IMO he still ends up with New Orleans.

Josepatches_
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't understand why people are laughing at the Sun's for this signing. 6mil is not THAT bad and Beasley has talent. If he gets his mind right, he will earn that salary...

BRHornet45
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
IMO he still ends up with New Orleans.

son please don't even joke like that. Gordon needs a fresh new start somewhere else and Phoenix is willing to roll the dice with him. we have too many positives going on right now to deal with this spoiled rotten, immature, kid with a sense of entitlement thru the roof. all it took from Gordon was a bunch of white folk rolling out an orange carpet and slapping thundersticks to make him say "my heart is in Phoenix now". he is very immature and can't be trusted. I was warned about his sense of entitlement and attitude from a couple of my Clipper fan friends last year and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and they were dead on.

Pelicans78
07-04-2012, 10:31 PM
son please don't even joke like that. Gordon needs a fresh new start somewhere else and Phoenix is willing to roll the dice with him. we have too many positives going on right now to deal with this spoiled rotten, immature, kid with a sense of entitlement thru the roof. all it took from Gordon was a bunch of white folk rolling out an orange carpet and slapping thundersticks to make him say "my heart is in Phoenix now". he is very immature and can't be trusted. I was warned about his sense of entitlement and attitude from a couple of my Clipper fan friends last year and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and they were dead on.

They're still gonna match unless they get blown away in a sign and trade which won't happen.

BRHornet45
07-04-2012, 10:33 PM
They're still gonna match unless they get blown away in a sign and trade which won't happen.

son stay positive. Phoenix wants Gordon bad and Demps isn't stupid. there is a damn good reason why the Hornets passed on offering him a max contract and Gordon had to visit 4 other NBA teams in order to find one desperate enough to give it to him. I am confident that Demps will handle business.

Pelicans78
07-04-2012, 10:38 PM
son stay positive. Phoenix wants Gordon bad and Demps isn't stupid. there is a damn good reason why the Hornets passed on offering him a max contract and it took Gordon to visit 4 other NBA teams in order to find one desperate enough to give it to him. I am confident that Demps will handle business.

Gordon could have gotten 79 million over 5 years from the Hornets. They also offered him 52 million over 4 years last season which he turned down because he wanted a max. Phoenix was the only team willing to give it to him. Houston and Indiana turned him down.

Demps won't let him go for nothing or for cheap. They're gonna want a decent package and it won't happen. Honestly BR, I feel bad for you. They're gonna keep Gordon and let durable Marco go especially after drafting that faggot Rivers who has a bigger ego and less game than Gordon. That was a big reach at 10. Loved the Darius Miller pick and Davis obviously, but hated the Rivers pick.

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Just read that NO is keeping Gordon.

BRHornet45
07-04-2012, 10:42 PM
son that was also WAY BEFORE the Hornets had new ownership and the draft. times have changed and the Demps knows that the Hornets could use Gordon, but they're not going to break the bank on him. they wanted to build the team around him, but numerous sources from within the Hornets have reported that Gordon's attitude recently and his comment yesterday about "his heart being in Phoenix" is all they needed to hear to put the icing on the cake.

Demps is not stupid and won't let him walk. expect a deal to be made eventually.

Pelicans78
07-04-2012, 10:53 PM
son that was also WAY BEFORE the Hornets had new ownership and the draft. times have changed and the Demps knows that the Hornets could use Gordon, but they're not going to break the bank on him. they wanted to build the team around him, but numerous sources from within the Hornets have reported that Gordon's attitude recently and his comment yesterday about "his heart being in Phoenix" is all they needed to hear to put the icing on the cake.

Demps is not stupid and won't let him walk. expect a deal to be made eventually.

I wish we could deal with Houston. They have young solid pieces to work with plus an expiring KMart contract.

Also wish we could have a do over with the Rivers pick.

Xylus
07-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Sons, we have draft picks galore now. You guys can have a couple of them if you want...

Nathan89
07-04-2012, 10:58 PM
if he can put the weed down and focus on his game this can be a good pick up for the suns.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNnTjNXhu8E7J4uvR8USvn71mygk3ws wkjHcEYPYLr2sInAnj-

Proof that weed does the body good.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2012, 01:25 AM
they got this guy at a bargain price, considering what the FA scrubs of the league are gettin offered this summer...