PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I went to Wal-Mart to get some dog food and went in through the secret garden entrance. When I left, there were two people in the front of the line in the garden check out with baskets full of groceries. I get the impression that they don't put the most efficient cashiers back there. Not to mention they aren't set up with the long conveyor belts to place items on. So there are probably 5 or 6 people with one or two items each that are waiting for the assholes with full carts of food items and shit to get checked out. And from what I could tell, neither had any items from the garden area. If you do this, you're a bastard cocksucker and I hate you.

Why doesn't Wal-Mart designate these as 10 items or less lanes?

BanditHiro
07-05-2012, 02:38 PM
did you heckle them?

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Wal-mart pisses me off because they have damn near 50 registers with only 1-5 of them open. if I have a few items i just go to the electronic section to have them ring my stuff up.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
did you heckle them?

no, they were both black families.

Smart Ass
07-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I enter through the Garden area and load up and then check out at the regular check out registers.

johnsmith
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I like when you get stuck behind (which you always do) the check writing idiot that is also using a lonestar card.

She (because it's always a she) can have 4 fucking items and take 20 minutes to get checked out.

In the meantime, the line you didn't use because it had too many people in it, has cycled thru a good 13 people by the time she is finished.

johnsmith
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
^^^doesn't only happen at Walmart.....but always happens at Walmart.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
^ yep. Or the person that is insisting to use an expired coupon so that the manager has to be called over to render judgement.

johnsmith
07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
^ yep. Or the person that is insisting to use an expired coupon so that the manager has to be called over to render judgement.

Same Category of person.

DPG21920
07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
What the heck is a Wal-Mart?

johnsmith
07-05-2012, 03:02 PM

It's where poor people go to feel 'normal'.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 03:07 PM

Elitist pig.

I can tell you that Wal-Mart is the only place open at 1 AM where you can buy poster board, glitter, pipe cleaners and all the other shit for a kid's school presentation that's due tomorrow.

Big Worm
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I saw a Spurs player in Wal-mart before.

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 03:17 PM
wal-mart also has a lot of ugly mofo's. its hard being the cutest male shopping in there. all these hoodrats looking at a brotha like a piece of meat. I try to only go early in the morning or late at night to avoid the thirst.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 03:20 PM
wal-mart also has a lot of ugly mofo's. its hard being the cutest male shopping in there. all these hoodrats looking at a brotha like a piece of meat. I try to only go early in the morning or late at night to avoid the thirst.

shit...that's when the real freaks are there...late night. You think that average Wal-Mart day shopper is crazy? Go walk around the store at 2 AM.

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
shit...that's when the real freaks are there...late night. You think that average Wal-Mart day shopper is crazy? Go walk around the store at 2 AM.

oh i agree. there are a lot of rats walking around in little to nothing. nice to look at but nothing i'd stick my dick in:lol

CosmicCowboy
07-05-2012, 03:24 PM

No shit. I had to go there on the way to the coast in the middle of the night...I was freaking shocked at all the fat bitches that were there with their kids at 2am.

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 03:28 PM
No shit. I had to go there on the way to the coast in the middle of the night...I was freaking shocked at all the fat bitches that were there with their kids at 2am.

you get any numbers?

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
oh i agree. there are a lot of rats walking around in little to nothing. nice to look at but nothing i'd stick my dick in:lol

a little experiment if you will...

close your eyes...

You're in a large echoing room with several females. They make it clear they are eager to please you. You can't see them but you know they are hot. They undress you and themselves. But before you can begin, they tell you that to have sex with them, you have to provide them with an orange, a DVD of Clifford the Big Red Dog, some mulch, a hammer, and 7 goldfish. You think no problem because surely the experimentor has you at Wal-Mart. Now open your eyes. You're at 24 Hour Fitness. Still think Wal-Mart is bad?

Also, you notice your penis has been hacked off.

Surprised?

robino2001
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM

Don't know whether you're joking or not but we did see David Robinson at the Wal-Mart at 10 and Dezavala in 2000. We were doing a fundraiser for the battered women's shelter while in high school and he wrote a check for $1k on the spot - all while his kids were running around in their just purchased halloween costumes.

Yet another story to add to the legend that is 5-0.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Don't know whether you're joking or not but we did see David Robinson at the Wal-Mart at 10 and Dezavala in 2000. We were doing a fundraiser for the battered women's shelter while in high school and he wrote a check for $1k on the spot - all while his kids were running around in their just purchased halloween costumes.

Yet another story to add to the legend that is 5-0.

did he seem tall?

ploto
07-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I went to Wal-Mart to get some dog food and went in through the secret garden entrance. When I left, there were two people in the front of the line in the garden check out with baskets full of groceries. I get the impression that they don't put the most efficient cashiers back there. Not to mention they aren't set up with the long conveyor belts to place items on. So there are probably 5 or 6 people with one or two items each that are waiting for the assholes with full carts of food items and shit to get checked out. And from what I could tell, neither had any items from the garden area. If you do this, you're a bastard cocksucker and I hate you.

Why doesn't Wal-Mart designate these as 10 items or less lanes?

First, people can buy more than 10 items in the Garden Center, so designating them as Express Lanes would not work.

Second, your complaint would ring more valid if you had actually been shopping in the Garden Center yourself.

mrsmaalox
07-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Wal-mart pisses me off because they have damn near 50 registers with only 1-5 of them open. if I have a few items i just go to the electronic section to have them ring my stuff up.

That's the weirdest thing about Walmart----the entire store constantly buzzes at near chaotic levels of noise and activity, UNTIL you cross the imaginary line at the registers. There it's as if time stands still, everything just stops.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 03:47 PM
First, people can buy more than 10 items in the Garden Center, so designating them as Express Lanes would not work.

Second, your complaint would ring more valid if you had actually been shopping in the Garden Center yourself.

Yeah, but they clearly aren't set up to handle large amounts of food items and regular groceries. They could say that you have to have at least one garden item. But that would fuck up me using it as my personal express lane.

But seriously, the fact that they have to hand each item one at a time to the cashier means that takes for fucking ever.

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
a little experiment if you will...

close your eyes...

You're in a large echoing room with several females. They make it clear they are eager to please you. You can't see them but you know they are hot. They undress you and themselves. But before you can begin, they tell you that to have sex with them, you have to provide them with an orange, a DVD of Clifford the Big Red Dog, some mulch, a hammer, and 7 goldfish. You think no problem because surely the experimentor has you at Wal-Mart. Now open your eyes. You're at 24 Hour Fitness. Still think Wal-Mart is bad?

Also, you notice your penis has been hacked off.

Surprised?

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 03:50 PM
That's the weirdest thing about Walmart----the entire store constantly buzzes at near chaotic levels of noise and activity, UNTIL you cross the imaginary line at the registers. There it's as if time stands still, everything just stops.

:lol yup and its not over, you have to get through the retiree who stands at the exit door checking receipts.

mojorizen7
07-05-2012, 03:52 PM
If a retail establishment doesn't have enough registers or cashiers open i just steal the stuff i need. Walk out with it.

Fuck 'em.

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 03:58 PM
If a retail establishment doesn't have enough registers or cashiers open i just steal the stuff i need. Walk out with it.

Fuck 'em.

I doubt they ever catch you.

Was in Wal-Mart getting a b-day present in the toy section. Another guy was there looking at games. After I checked out, I saw that same guy in the line at Customer Service only holding the game. My impression was that he was returning it for store credit but never bought it in the first place. But I don't know if they would ask about the sticker. Maybe he put one on himself.

2pac > Kobe
07-05-2012, 04:06 PM
I stole a pack of batterys once

mrsmaalox
07-05-2012, 04:30 PM
I doubt they ever catch you.

You never know. My dad took my 14 yr old nephew to Walmart last week to get some yard things and the dumb brat picked up a cell phone case and stashed it in his pants. Sure enough, they got stopped at the door. They are not taking it easy on the kid (prosecuting), but that's my brother's problem-----I'm just pissed off that it traumatized my dad to the point of needing tranquilizers for a couple of days. The security officer told my dad "We catch them when they least expect it and prosecute to the full extent of the law, no exceptions."

Lincoln
07-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Y'all niggas ever play the Walmart game? The goal of the game is to find 3(or 5) chicks at Walmart you'd bang. You win whenever you find 3(or 5)

cantthinkofanything
07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Y'all niggas ever play the Walmart game? The goal of the game is to find 3(or 5) chicks at Walmart you'd bang. You win whenever you find 3(or 5)

what's the winner get? a blowjob from the rest of your crew?

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 04:57 PM
lol

DPG21920
07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
How is it elitist to not know what a Wal-Mart is :lol? I am assuming by your tone it's a shopping mall/store like a Nordstroms or something?

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Nordstrom*

no 'S' at the end. not being an asshole but made the same mistake and a woman corrected me on it lol.

DPG21920
07-05-2012, 05:10 PM
:lol I don't shop there either. Baby Gap for me bruh.

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 05:27 PM
lol....I bought a pair of shoesthere recently and the lady brought out 3 other types of shoes for me to try on. I was confused but I guess the baller's of the world don't mind it.

DMC
07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I've often wondered why any store would have so many registers and never use them all. I think it's because the want to spread the crowd out, but then they could all have their own registers, or they are just cocksuckers.

DPG21920
07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I stopped shopping there when they brought me a glass of Krug instead of Dom. I mean, wtf is that all about bruh?

DMC
07-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Nordstrom*

no 'S' at the end. not being an asshole but made the same mistake and a woman corrected me on it lol.
In hickville, it's Walmarts or Wall Marks.

Technically it's always with an "'s" on the end as the store belongs to that company, and the store is not, in and of itself, that company.

Trill Clinton
07-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I stopped shopping there when they brought me a glass of Krug instead of Dom. I mean, wtf is that all about bruh?

dunno...im a Carlos Rossi man myself.

baseline bum
07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Wal-Mart is ridiculously understaffed. Water is wet, sky is blue, Rockets are the 9-seed, etc.

Th'Pusher
07-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Shop at HEB Plus and support a local company.

Blake
07-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Shop at HEB Plus and support a local company.

why?

Th'Pusher
07-05-2012, 07:30 PM
why?

To strengthen the economic base of the community in which you live.

baseline bum
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM

That and the fact that the HEB store brands are usually pretty good stuff while the Wal-Mart Great Value product line is pretty lousy for the same price.

Blake
07-05-2012, 08:16 PM

meh. A store is a store, imo.

Blake
07-05-2012, 08:19 PM
That and the fact that the HEB store brands are usually pretty good stuff while the Wal-Mart Great Value product line is pretty lousy for the same price.

I would definitely miss the HEB ice cream, which I like better than any national brand.

All Wal Mart food products are crap, imo.

Th'Pusher
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
meh. A store is a store, imo.

There are a couple thousand people that work in the Arsenal downtown that would disagree with you.

Blake
07-05-2012, 10:50 PM
There are a couple thousand people that work in the Arsenal downtown that would disagree with you.

if they moved HEB headquarters out of San Antonio, what exactly does San Antonio's economic base lose?

Drachen
07-06-2012, 12:00 AM
a couple of thousand of well paying jobs and those jobs that rely on those people having discretionary income.

CuckingFunt
07-06-2012, 12:10 AM
I've never been to a Wal-Mart in my life.

And considering the terrifying shit that goes on in my local Wal-Mart (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81522404/), I'm not about to start.

Blake
07-06-2012, 09:37 AM
a couple of thousand of well paying jobs and those jobs that rely on those people having discretionary income.

I'm wondering which is better to buy for me to be a good member of society:

A Toyota truck made in San Antonio,

Or a Ford truck made in America

Drachen
07-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm wondering which is better to buy for me to be a good member of society:

A Toyota truck made in San Antonio,

Or a Ford truck made in America

Do your research and find out if this dilemma bothers you. I just hope you werent trying to make a false equivalence between a multinational corporation which happens to have an office in town or a multinational corporation which is HQed in this country and a (mostly) statewide corporation HQed up the street whose top executives live and spend money in this town.

My personal feeling about your dilemma, a good capitalist would do all they can to keep money in town because that benefits them the most.

Blake
07-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Do your research and find out if this dilemma bothers you.

I was just wondering out loud.

I'm going to pick the best truck for me, unless someone convinces me otherwise.

I just hope you werent trying to make a false equivalence between a multinational corporation which happens to have an office in town or a multinational corporation which is HQed in this country and a (mostly) statewide corporation HQed up the street whose top executives live and spend money in this town.

So it's about keeping corporate executives in town?

Yeah I guess, although HEB isn't exactly a white collar company. I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of hourly employees working at the arsenal.

My personal feeling about your dilemma, a good capitalist would do all they can to keep money in town because that benefits them the most.

My personal feeling is that there are enough arguments on both sides to justify buying either one.

Soul_Patch
07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
True story.

A buddy of mine bought a PS3 off of craigslist from a dude. He got home and fired it up. It crashed and wouldnt turn on after about 15 minutes of playing it. Tried to call the seller back, no luck apparently.

He then went to Wal Mart, bought a new PS3, brought it home and took it out of the package. Put the broken one back in the package and returned it for a refund.

WIN! lol...but kinda fucked up...

cantthinkofanything
07-06-2012, 11:44 AM
True story.

A buddy of mine bought a PS3 off of craigslist from a dude. He got home and fired it up. It crashed and wouldnt turn on after about 15 minutes of playing it. Tried to call the seller back, no luck apparently.

He then went to Wal Mart, bought a new PS3, brought it home and took it out of the package. Put the broken one back in the package and returned it for a refund.

WIN! lol...but kinda fucked up...

Nice. I wonder though if they'll ever realize that the serial number doesn't match the store when they send it back to where ever. I would think they took his personal info when he returned it also.

In high school, I had a friend whose family had a shrink wrap machine at their business. He'd go buy a cassette, take out the tape, put in a cheap blank, shrink wrap it, and return it to the music store. Had probably a hundred or so tapes without their original jackets. Would never go to the same store more than once or twice a month. Kind of assholish but we used to laugh when we thought about someone buying a tape only to find it was a blank and them trying to return it.

Jacob1983
07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Peter Sarsgaard did something similar to that in Garden State. He would pick a box of knives at a home improvement store and try to return them for cash.

AlamoSpursFan
07-07-2012, 09:42 AM

I was almost run over by R.C. Buford once headed into the Wally World on Austin Highway.

ginobili's bald spot
07-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I try not to ever to set foot in wal-mart if I can help it. It's ghetto as fuck and a cancer on the economy.

ploto
07-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I try not to ever to set foot in wal-mart if I can help it. It's ghetto as fuck and a cancer on the economy.

I only go to WalMart to buy one specific item that I can not find at HEB or Target.

Jacob1983
07-07-2012, 09:53 PM
No one likes going to Wal Mart or wants to go to Wal Mart. People only go there if they're desperate.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-07-2012, 11:16 PM
I like when you get stuck behind (which you always do) the check writing idiot that is also using a lonestar card.

She (because it's always a she) can have 4 fucking items and take 20 minutes to get checked out.

In the meantime, the line you didn't use because it had too many people in it, has cycled thru a good 13 people by the time she is finished.

Someone wrote a check in front of me at the food court at Costco today. WTF?