PDA

View Full Version : How important was Nazr?

SlovenianGuy
06-24-2005, 06:33 AM
Nazr wasn't playing good in the finals, but before that he was very solid. How important was he really?

SLOVENIAN 8
06-24-2005, 06:37 AM
For pistons series would win it without Nazr, but for Suns and Sonic hard to say, becouse we need it there really but that could not say nobody if we will win it without Nazr becouse that is not possible to say.

SlovenianGuy
06-24-2005, 06:38 AM
I know it's impossible to say but I still want to hear opinion of other fans.

boutons
06-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Nazr didn't have a good Finals, that's inarguable. All of his weaknesses in fundamentals were on display. He did get 8 RBs in the Championship game, but not a single point in almost 2 qtrs.

But Nazr did help a lot better in the earlier playoff rounds. Since it's question from the "Slo-" crowd, I think Nazr helped the Spurs more than Rasho would have, and that's clearly Pop's opinion, too, judging Nazr vs Rasho playoff minutes.

I really wish both of them were a lot better rather than marginal, since we really have a weakness at Center. But at their ages, I don't think either one will ever be much better than we see right now.

It will be interesting to see how they compete against each other next season for playing time, and perhaps that competition will bring out the best in each of them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-24-2005, 07:51 AM
What's the point of this poll? Shit, celebrate and leave it alone.

baseline bum
06-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Nope. Nazr was a godsend in the Denver series and the Phoenix series especially. People can say those two ended in 5, but Nazr was huge when Tim was fresh off the injury vs Denver, and he provided lots of huge first quarter points in the Phoenix series. Beating Detroit without that nice long rest to get healthy might have been too much to overcome.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-24-2005, 07:59 AM
And BTW, to the original question - no we wouldn't. Dude was huge in the Denver, Seattle, and Phoenix series.

He had one of the pivotal plays in the last five minutes last night, blocking Ben Wallace to force a shot clock violation.

7 boards and 2 blocks in the biggest game of his life. REbounds and blocks from a guy whose role is rebounds and blocks.

Thanks Nazr :hat

spur219
06-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Nazr had a very good playoffs but poor in the Finals. However that block he had was huge.