PDA

View Full Version : Gordon whines in rant after practice - Suns fans he is almost yours!

BRHornet45
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!!!

Speaking with reporters for the first time since issuing a statement through his agent that his "heart" was in Phoenix.

"If (the Hornets) were interested, there wouldn't have been no tour, there wouldn't have been nothing," Gordon said. "There's been no negotiations. I was right there in Indiana. I haven't received no calls, to me personally, they've contacted my agent.

"As for now, I don't know what's going on. (If the Hornets match) as of right now, I'd be disappointed."

Is there anything the Hornets could do to change his mind?

"I don't think there is," Gordon said.

In a nearly 15-minute conversation with a handful of reporters after the first practice of the USA Basketball team, as it prepares to whittle its roster for the London Olympic Games, Gordon repeatedly said he felt the Hornets should have made a better offer than the reported four-year, $50 million contract the club wanted to give him in late January, while he was out with a right knee injury that two weeks later necessitated arthroscopic surgery. (LOL at his ego)

"If you feel that I'm that caliber player," Gordon said, asked if he felt disrespected. "You don't think I knew I was going to be an unrestricted free agent this summer? I knew that. I took it into account. I'm taking accountability for how I play. What do they mean as an organization? What do I mean to them?

Gordon said he was surprised the Hornets drafted shooting guard Austin Rivers with the 10th overall selection, citing gaps throughout the Hornets roster, especially in the post.

"My thing is, if you're trying to be a good team, and you've got a young team, you've got to fill in spaces. I am the shooting guard. We've got plenty of point guards on our team right now." (Yea well that is because you have missed 103 games over the last 3 seasons due to numerous injuries dumbass)

"At the end of the day," Gordon said Friday, "I'm a basketball player. The Suns people have beliefs in what type of caliber player I am. When you see me take an offer, you know, it's just an offer."

Gordon said he didn't feel as though the Hornets contract offer in January, when the team was still in NBA receivership, sufficiently represented his ability. (again he was hurt, had only played in 2 games, and the contract was only $2M less per year than the current max offer from PHX)

"No; I didn't accept it because I didn't think that was the type of caliber player I was," Gordon said. "We''ve just got to wait until July 11, because I don't know what they're going to do. I'm just focused on USA Basketball right now and looking ahead to July 11 because anybody can say anything right now."

Throughout the conversation, Gordon kept referring to the CBA, and his restricted free agent status, which, he said, put him in a difficult position.

"Being restricted, you're just being taken advantage of," Gordon said.

"It's all about what type of caliber player I am," Gordon said. "It's all about interest. What kind of caliber player I am. That's what it's all about.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/07/new_orleans_hornets_guard_eric_21.html?utm_source= dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mel_13
07-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Hornets will match.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
QXi3Cd0TyDc

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Hornets will match.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
QXi3Cd0TyDc
THAT DUDE Eric Da Troof Gordon!

BRHornet45
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
lol the best part about that clip is that is his one shining moment as a Hornet (and probably the highlight of his career so far) AND after that game he was injured for weeks.

racm
07-06-2012, 10:17 PM
http://sportschump.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/allen-iverson-practice-press-conference.jpg

Practice?

InRareForm
07-06-2012, 10:17 PM
gordon sounds like a douche in that article tbh..

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 10:18 PM
If the Hornets don't match then Lon Babby will have really turned his career around this off season. Handled the Nash situation like a pro, signed Beasley and Dragic to reasonable deals, signed Gordon by calling Demps' bluff about matching. If Blanks could actually evaluate talent worth a shit and drafted Henson it woulda been a best possible scenario off season.

Banzai
07-06-2012, 10:22 PM
50 million dollars..wow..not enough? what a bitch..any player who bitches about not having enough millions..crazy.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2012, 10:36 PM
THAT DUDE Eric Da Troof Gordon!
Clutch, tbh... more of those coming soon, Hornets fans... he will lead the Hornets into the playoffs in a wheelchair if he has to...

BRHornet45
07-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Clutch, tbh... more of those coming soon, Hornets fans... he will lead the Hornets into the playoffs in a wheelchair if he has to...

lol son for a newbie and bandwagon Kings fan you're pretty funny.

real talk though the only thing Gordon is leading any team to will be the trainers room.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Yup. They're lucky they can match the contract for Eric "The Cornerstone" Gordon

BRHornet45
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
lol "The Cornerstone" .... son any word on DT3? hasn't she been hurt?

Clipper Nation
07-06-2012, 10:42 PM
real talk though the only thing Gordon is leading any team to will be the trainers room.
Son, them Hornets are really planning on keeping the Larry O'Brien in the trainer's room? Damn B, that's messed up...

Anyway... Eric "The MF'n Truth" Gordon will be the most beloved Hornet since Muggsy, tbh...

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 10:42 PM
lol "The Cornerstone" .... son any word on DT3? hasn't she been hurt?
She's preparing to give The Cornerstone some becky once he arrives in Phoenix again.

BRHornet45
07-06-2012, 10:47 PM
sons LOL even the honey badger is bashing this scumbag ...

http://i47.tinypic.com/dw3mf.jpg

https://twitter.com/tm7_era

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Honey badger don't give a shit

Clipper Nation
07-06-2012, 10:48 PM
The Honey Badger has yet to be blessed by da gawd Eric Gordon, tbh....

Latarian Milton
07-06-2012, 10:54 PM
nigga is bitchmade he just wants as much $ as he could possibly get. under the new CBA the hornets max offer would be 1yr longer, 20m+ more than any offer that other teams can give him, therefore as much as he dislikes that franchise, he's still want them to make a SnT deal to send him elsewhere rather than sign with another team as a restricted FA

correct me if im wrong, BR my friend

BRHornet45
07-06-2012, 10:57 PM
son Gordon is just mad and jealous of all the attention that Anthony Davis is bringing to the organization. it reminds him way too much of when Blake Griffin received all of the attention while they were together on the Clippers. with Eric Gordon it is all about him. he feels like he is the man and all of the attention should be on him, yet he has never once proven to be consistent at anything other than being injured and acting like a spoiled child in interviews. he also appears to feel threatened by the Hornets drafting Rivers.

BRHornet45
07-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Honey badger don't give a shit

son is there a Suns board you post at?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2012, 11:15 PM
son no there really isn't. I post on azcentral.com but its a pretty garbage site, not really a message board.

weebo
07-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Why don't these guys ever come out with the troof? Just say it was about money...not that you felt undervalued by your former team. Man up and say you wanted to get paid and you went for the best deal. Guess by saying different it keeps them from looking like the greedy shit heads that they are.

LnGrrrR
07-07-2012, 12:57 AM
He sounds like a cancer honestly.

DMC
07-07-2012, 01:00 AM
He sounds like a cancer honestly.

Dr: "Sorry to have to inform you, but you have Eric Gordon disease. It's a cancerous condition of the moral fiber. It's only curable by death"