PDA

View Full Version : Tony Allen

Andthentherewas21
07-07-2012, 05:11 PM
In the spirit of gnsf threads for players we have little or no chance of acquiring, I was wondering, what would people be willing to give up for Tony "Trick or Treat" Allen?

He's an expiring $3.3 million contract this season, known for his D and extremely erratic offense.

If he could be had in a S&T for Danny Green and a future pick or Blair, would it be worth it?

jermaine
07-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Yes

spursfan1000
07-07-2012, 06:09 PM
If it was Gary neal and pick for him then yes

Wild Cobra Kai
07-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Idiot, and not very young any more.

ElNono
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I'll take him... we have enough scoring...

pad300
07-07-2012, 08:12 PM
In the spirit of gnsf threads for players we have little or no chance of acquiring, I was wondering, what would people be willing to give up for Tony "Trick or Treat" Allen?

He's an expiring $3.3 million contract this season, known for his D and extremely erratic offense.

If he could be had in a S&T for Danny Green and a future pick or Blair, would it be worth it?

I wouldn't do Danny Green for him straight up; Danny is a better fit for us. For a one year rental, I'd consider Neal + Blair for him, but it would depend on what's going on with our big men; that would have to be resolved first.

therealtruth
07-07-2012, 08:52 PM
I'll take him... we have enough scoring...

I don't know. DG got vilified for missing a couple of 3's and he probably played better defense on Chris Paul than Tony Allen.

sananspursfan21
07-07-2012, 09:51 PM
No tank you...get it? If we acquired him, it would mean we are tanking! Duh-duh, tshhhhh

sananspursfan21
07-07-2012, 09:52 PM
On a serious note though, the guys like 6'4, shouldnt we be adding some size to guard durants and lebrons and such?

spursparker9
07-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Tony Allen is a wild card. He is good defensively but he will also make westbrook-like mistakes.

Spurs da champs
07-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't know. DG got vilified for missing a couple of 3's and he probably played better defense on Chris Paul than Tony Allen.

Paul was injured, Allen is hands down a top 3 perimeter defender if he can't guard a healthy CP3 how could Green?

ElNono
07-07-2012, 11:06 PM

We swept the Clippers...

AFBlue
07-08-2012, 01:09 AM
I've actually been surprised at the small number of ridiculous, baseless "get this guy" threads and posts. Outside of the love affair with Batum, that kind of chatter has been minimal.

As for this one, completely baseless but not so ridiculous. I probably wouldn't do it because you'd be giving up a much better offensive player in Green and giving away Blair for no additional value.

AFBlue
07-08-2012, 01:09 AM
I've actually been surprised at the small number of ridiculous, baseless "get this guy" threads and posts. Outside of the love affair with Batum, that kind of chatter has been minimal.

As for this one, completely baseless but not so ridiculous. I probably wouldn't do it because you'd be giving up a much better offensive player in Green and giving away Blair for no additional value.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Tony Allen would easily become the best perimeter defender the Spurs have had since Bruce Bowen. It's a no brainer to pick him up. I don't think the Spurs will be able to, but having him out on the wing would make the Spurs that much better defensively in no time.

ElNono
07-08-2012, 02:54 AM
Him, Battier and Artest top 3 perimeter defenders in the league, IMO...

mudyez
07-08-2012, 03:16 AM
I wouldn't do Danny Green for him straight up; Danny is a better fit for us. For a one year rental, I'd consider Neal + Blair for him, but it would depend on what's going on with our big men; that would have to be resolved first.

this