PDA

View Full Version : Heat going "all in" on Rashard Lewis

Kai
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI

Right now the Heat are going all in on Rashard Lewis. He is No. 1 on Miami's list. Expect the VIP treatment for Lewis in meeting tomorrow

Rashard without a stupidly large contract could be a nice addition to the Heat.

baseline bum
07-07-2012, 07:38 PM
He's not very good, but in really limited minutes at the minimum he wouldn't be a bad investment. It's not like there are defensive fives in this FA class beating their door down to play for minimum anyways.

fevertrees
07-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Heat need to go after Downtown Devin Brown

racm
07-07-2012, 07:57 PM
This means they can opt not to play small and still have guys to space the floor.

A lineup with LeBron as a point forward 3 and Lewis at the 4 would still be deadly.

Jt.ONE
07-07-2012, 08:07 PM
money down the drain

Mr Bones
07-07-2012, 08:23 PM
If Mike Miller can help them win the last game of the finals when he's barely able to walk, there's no doubt a 6'10" Rashard Lewis can bring something to this team. He'll be happy to join up with his old friend and teammate Ray Allen again.

dunkman
07-07-2012, 09:15 PM
The Heat will be difficult to beat. Fortunately, they play in the east.

Ace
07-07-2012, 09:29 PM
:lol Anyone saying it's a bad move. He's 6'10 shooter at the minimum, definitely an upgrade over Curry, Howard and Joel. At the four, he will draw out the opposing bigs spacing the floor.

Venti Quattro
07-07-2012, 09:31 PM
It's not going to be that bad of a move with the contract that they're going to throw at him now.

racm
07-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Hey, remember when Pop traded Rasho's soft ass for Matt Bonner?

DMC
07-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Yeah and he led us to a championship tbh.

Latarian Milton
07-08-2012, 09:42 AM

yeah but at least they didn't end up paying him 100m in 5 years

:lol magic

:lol shittiest contract ever

Mel_13
07-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Lewis on a minimum contract is the definition of a low risk, high reward play.

ChrisRichards
07-08-2012, 09:49 AM
With Allen, Battier and hopefully a healthy Miller next year, Lewis will just be taking up space. He's also pretty horrible at this point. I'd rather want Camby. Sure Camby is not a tud himself at this point, but I'd rather have another bigman at the floor than Joel Anthony tbh.

ChrisRichards
07-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Riles is falling in love with perimeter players after the Heat displayed that awesome 3 point bomb show in the Finals. I'd rather have another solid big man after signing Ray Allen for insurance just in case Bosh or Haslem goes down.

Latarian Milton
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
agree 100%, if we can only sign one of them i'd like it to be camby rather than lewis, im sick of haslem playing 5 tbh. even though camby is a bit too old, he still has alot to provide and would be a decent #3 or #4 option to use in the paint. and of course, it'd be fucking awesome if we get them both, lewis with his size & shooting rage will be a matchup nightmare to the opposing teams

Ace
07-08-2012, 10:21 AM
With Allen, Battier and hopefully a healthy Miller next year, Lewis will just be taking up space. He's also pretty horrible at this point. I'd rather want Camby. Sure Camby is not a tud himself at this point, but I'd rather have another bigman at the floor than Joel Anthony tbh.

Camby canceled the meeting with the Heat because they could no longer offer more than the minimum. Don't want a money chasing 39yr old. He's likely to break down half the season.

Calispursfan11
07-08-2012, 11:17 AM
That girly mon Rashard ain't worth it tbh.

HeatChamps
07-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I doubt they are going all in on Lewis. The article is a lie. We get what we want.

AussieFanKurt
07-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Why go all out on a crumb?

Nathan89
07-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Riles is falling in love with perimeter players after the Heat displayed that awesome 3 point bomb show in the Finals. I'd rather have another solid big man after signing Ray Allen for insurance just in case Bosh or Haslem goes down.

Small ball with Lebron at the 4 is deadly. The only potential risk is LA. Even then Lebron can hold his own on defense against Pau.

Nathan89
07-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Reuniting Lewis and Allen. I wonder if they were good friends.

Clipper Nation
07-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I doubt they are going all in on Lewis. The article is a lie. We get what we want.

And what you apparently want is Shard Lewis, B...

Kai
07-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

As @tribjazz reports, Raja Bell finalizing buyout w/ Jazz. Bell has interest in returning to his hometown to play for Heat, source tells Y!

TIMMYtoZO
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Fuck Bell and fuck Lewis. Both are washed up pieces of shit.

Stalin
07-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Fuck Bell and fuck Lewis. Both are washed up pieces of shit.

:lol

DMC
07-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Suddenly everyone wants to play for the Heat.

These clowns should just contract a jewelry company to make a championship ring for them, since it would be as legit as one they get by legriding an existing champ/powerhouse tea, to another

HarlemHeat37
07-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Lewis would be a good addition for the minimum..fuck Raja Bell, that would be a horrible move..

Latarian Milton
07-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Suddenly everyone wants to play for the Heat.

These clowns should just contract a jewelry company to make a championship ring for them, since it would be as legit as one they get by legriding an existing champ/powerhouse tea, to another

players have every right to do that imho and it doesn't devalue their rings just because they play with us heat. if you apply the same sick logic in your life you should stop using any software, instead you should make up the program yourself

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-09-2012, 11:57 AM
My nigga ChrisRichards dropping truth bombs.

:lol Riley falling in love with small ball

Ace
07-09-2012, 12:05 PM
My nigga ChrisRichards dropping truth bombs.

:lol Riley falling in love with small ball

Don't think it's that tbh. There is no center they can actually land with the assets they currently have.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I think they shouldn't try to land a quality center. I think they should look for a big body who can eat minutes for them and clog up the lane. Desagana Chamberlain Diop imo. He'll hurt their offensive efficiency, he's always a donut away from ending his career, but I think they should have options at center just so Lebron isn't worn down playing too much PF and Bosh isn't worn down playing too much C.

They can obviously close out games with a small lineup of Bosh and Bron up front, I just think it's gonna wear them down over time if that lineup is used 25+ minutes every night. I also think it's already hurt Haslem having to play C and go up against bigger bodies.

Josepatches_
07-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Camby would be much better for Miami

BUMP
07-09-2012, 12:50 PM
The Heat just need a center who can catch and finish with somewhat regularity. He doesn't even need to be good at defense because these past playoffs showed how many NBA centers are lazy and get cuckolded simply by being fronted in the post.

Ace
07-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I think they shouldn't try to land a quality center. I think they should look for a big body who can eat minutes for them and clog up the lane. Desagana Chamberlain Diop imo. He'll hurt their offensive efficiency, he's always a donut away from ending his career, but I think they should have options at center just so Lebron isn't worn down playing too much PF and Bosh isn't worn down playing too much C.

They can obviously close out games with a small lineup of Bosh and Bron up front, I just think it's gonna wear them down over time if that lineup is used 25+ minutes every night. I also think it's already hurt Haslem having to play C and go up against bigger bodies.

Still early in the offseason to land those type of players. Something needs to be done with Miller's contract and Curry rotten on the bench, so I don't think Riley is done.

MR-Clutch
07-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Trying to resurrect the old Sonics team? Riley, quick, call Jerome James!

ambchang
07-09-2012, 06:15 PM
With both Shard and Bosh, there'd be more crying than a chick flick movie premiere.

Latarian Milton
07-09-2012, 06:45 PM
The Heat just need a center who can catch and finish with somewhat regularity. He doesn't even need to be good at defense because these past playoffs showed how many NBA centers are lazy and get cuckolded simply by being fronted in the post.

a big's influence in defense ain't limited to guarding the opposing C/PF imho, take TC for example, dude helped ALOT in perimeter defense as well

racm
07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
It also helps when your coach has a few defensive schemes under his belt tbh

Brooks just rides his young talent

ffadicted
07-09-2012, 08:58 PM
This whole Heat thing is getting out of hand

ElNono
07-10-2012, 12:32 AM
What's next? Malone coming out of retirement to join the Heat? :lol

Stalin
07-10-2012, 01:04 AM