PDA

View Full Version : Which Laker will benefit the most from the acquisition of Nash?

DeadlyDynasty
07-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Predict Steve and Kobe's stats...will Bean's FGAs drop drastically?

Will Pau have a resurgence?

Answer my fucking questions.

Venti Quattro
07-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Pau Gasol most likely.

And we'd see the ball less with Kobe since Nash is there.

Reck
07-07-2012, 09:41 PM
They will stay about the same.

Kobe will negate the impact Nash may have with his chucking.

Pau is easilly breakable. He will go emo at the first sight of trouble or if there is any type of pressure.

Venti Quattro
07-07-2012, 09:42 PM

Pau is easilly breakable. He will go emo at the first sight of trouble or if there is any type of pressure.

hater bads

Reck
07-07-2012, 09:43 PM
hater bads

Not really. Its the truth.

If Kobe shoots less they have lots of potential. Always has been the case. The problem is, Kobe doesn't relent.

And we all know how touchy Gasol is. How is that hating?

TE
07-07-2012, 09:44 PM

Steve Nash is going to handle the rock in the majority of games, not Kobe Bryant. Since he's pass first and has some capable bigs on the roster, you wouldn't say Pau and Bynum would benefit from Steve Nash's ability to distribute the ball? :lol

Reck
07-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Steve Nash is going to handle the rock in the majority of games, not Kobe Bryant. Since he's pass first and has some capable bigs on the roster, you wouldn't say Pau and Bynum would benefit from Steve Nash's ability to distribute the ball? :lol

I dont know how the Lakers plan on using Nash but from what I saw of him at Phoenix, he needed long stretches of rest on most games I saw.

Ace
07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Kobe's FG% and Pau's vagina

pass1st
07-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Even though I'm not happy with signing Nash for that long, he will improve everybody's FG% probably. Kobe will get better looks instead of taking fadeaways he will never make, Bynum will get his touches and Pau will get his as well. The open shooters on the sides will be found, overall everybody should get a little better with Nash there.

Not like we'll miss the defense at PG, Blake / Sessions couldn't play D for shit anyways.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-07-2012, 10:40 PM
If they had a coach ran a real offense they'd be able to utilize Nash as a ball handler/passer to run Kobe off screens and get him open looks. Since they don't, I see maybe Pau playing a little bit better offensively. Nash will hurt Bynum imo, he'll call Bynum 25 feet from the hoop to set picks for Nash because Nash hates dumping the ball down low. He gets heralded for his passes but is horrible with entry passes. His reliable spot up shooting and playmaking will have a noticeable positive effect on their offense but a negative effect on Bynum and a neutral effect on Kobe.

Ice009
07-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Simply put, who gives a fuck?

pass1st
07-07-2012, 11:02 PM

You must since you like posting in the Nash to Laker thread :lol

Nathan89
07-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Kobe has the most benefit. If they win all the credit will go to Kobe. If they lose it's still Pau or Nash is just too old.

DeadlyDynasty
07-07-2012, 11:10 PM

Interesting question, and I'll try to field it.

My guess is that the Lakers acquiring a former AS pg in what's been a busy NBA offseason --and the fact that the Lakers are a rival--might be of interest to the NBA Forum. I'm just spit-balling, though...maybe you're right.

Next time I promise to stick to topics of more interest to you, like chimichangas, soccer, and whatever new eurotrash prospects the Spurs are looking at...better?

LkrFan
07-08-2012, 12:04 AM
"All of the above"

Kobe won't have to take as many bailout shots. His efficiency will go up as a result. The bigs also will be more efficient. It was painfully obvious that Kobe was our best entry passer. Since Kobe often received the ball late in the shot clock, when he passed it the bigs didn't really have time to do anything.

I expect a spike in fast break points, less turnovers, more spacing, and better 3pt shooting as a result of filling the biggest hole. Welcome to LA, Nash.

Clipper Nation
07-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Kobe won't have to take as many bailout shots.
But he will anyway, for the sake of his ego, tbh...

Venti Quattro
07-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Spike in fastbreak points? Good luck with that with LA's old starting lineup.

I just expect better offensive efficiency and more easy points.

ducks
07-08-2012, 12:10 AM
kobe by far

racm
07-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Pau and Bynum, Kobe will also benefit by having a teammate he can trust to take and make big shots.

Clipper Nation
07-08-2012, 12:19 AM
a teammate he can trust to take and make big shots.
Those don't exist, son... Kobrick will still be chucking up every shot at the end of games to satisfy his ego, tbh...

LkrFan
07-08-2012, 12:20 AM
But he will anyway, for the sake of his ego, tbh...

FGAs and bailout shots aren't necessarily the same you know. I'm OK with Kobe getting his shots. I have a problem with the Lakers running so many poor sets that they put him in a position to have to chuck to beat the shot clock. That is what kills his FG%s. Nash will make his life easier in that regard.

Kobe never played with a PG like Nash other than in ASGs. To be free to just finish and not have to set up others full time will be awesome to see. Nash's presence might extend Kobe's elite window.

LkrFan
07-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Spike in fastbreak points? Good luck with that with LA's old starting lineup.

I just expect better offensive efficiency and more easy points.

I dont expect Showtime II, but i do expect them to run more. Bynum (if he's here) already talked about losing weight and he's supposed to get "the Kobe treatment" in Germany. This should make him more mobile and agile. We know Kobe and Pau can run the floor too. They will run - they will just pick their spots.

DMC
07-08-2012, 12:44 AM
I think a month into the season Nash's back issues return and he's sidelined much of the game. That's going to put the Lakers right where they were if so.

If he's healthy, it could be difficult for a couple of months getting accustomed to playing with 2 bigs on the floor at the same time, and having a greedy chucker in Kobe demanding the ball at the same time. If LA allows Nash to run the offense, they will all get plenty of chances at the rim, but if they expect him to adapt to them, it's not going to work.

On defense, decent point guards are going to hurt the Lakers even more than they did last year. Tony is going to eat them alive tbh.

Big plus is Nash's free throw shooting ability. He's going to be a + on boards, good for at least 3pts a game they would not have with a poorer FT shooter including technicals and such.

Kobe still averages 26 a game, and it's not going to get them over the hump. They will not beat the Thunder in the playoffs.

racm
07-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Depends on matchups DMC

If they don't get the Thunder in the second round their ceiling is the WCF, unless Gasol somehow decides to mimic Bosh and become a stretch 4 for considerable stretches.

Plus Parker had that 29 and 13 game against LAL

Jt.ONE
07-08-2012, 12:55 AM
kobe wont have to attempt to play the point anymore, he should/could just come off picks/screens. when the double team comes, nash can be depended upon for his jumper.
i expect for the offense to flow a bit better/smoother for all the players rather than a disorganized play ending with a kobe 25 foot fade-away jumper and etc

hopefully.

Venti Quattro
07-08-2012, 12:56 AM
How many point guards have burned the Lakers since the 80's? Didn't stop them from amassing a shit ton of championships.

AFBlue
07-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Gotta be Bynum...will have a legitimate facilitator to get him the ball in spots where he can take advantage.

LkrFan
07-08-2012, 01:12 AM
I think a month into the season Nash's back issues return and he's sidelined much of the game. That's going to put the Lakers right where they were if so.

If he's healthy, it could be difficult for a couple of months getting accustomed to playing with 2 bigs on the floor at the same time, and having a greedy chucker in Kobe demanding the ball at the same time. If LA allows Nash to run the offense, they will all get plenty of chances at the rim, but if they expect him to adapt to them, it's not going to work.

On defense, decent point guards are going to hurt the Lakers even more than they did last year. Tony is going to eat them alive tbh.

Big plus is Nash's free throw shooting ability. He's going to be a + on boards, good for at least 3pts a game they would not have with a poorer FT shooter including technicals and such.

Kobe still averages 26 a game, and it's not going to get them over the hump. They will not beat the Thunder in the playoffs.

Even during Showtime PGs "ate us alive" so what's your point? Zeke, KJ, Stockton, Payton, Nash, TP - you name a legit PG and I'll say he prolly shitted on the Lakers more often than not. And don't even get me started with SGs. IIRC, MJ's highest scoring average versus all teams is against...you guessed it: the Lakers. But 10 rangs later, we ain't worried about PGs killing us.

Let's flip that coin though. Those PGs can't leave Nash to go double down on Big Drew or double Kobe. I dare TP to do that shit. He'll be raining 3s and midrange jumpers all night long. And Pau? He will be a greatpaying piton playing with Nash. Off the PNR, I could see Pau hitting cutters or throwing lobs to Drew from the high post or hitting Kobe back door for layups and dunks. The PNR has so many options with the weapons we have. The offensive problems last year were two fold. We were trying to rid ourselves of a decade plus of running the triangle - and we didn't have a floor general to pull it off. We do now. Matter of fact, Nash will be just as much of a threat as Kobe due to his triple threat skills and the upgrade in talent he has to work with. He just won't have to shoulder the same load he had to in Phoenix. Funny thing is, neither will Kobe now that Nash is running the show.

LkrFan
07-08-2012, 01:13 AM
How many point guards have burned the Lakers since the 80's? Didn't stop them from amassing a shit ton of championships.

This. Like I said, 10 rangs later...

racm
07-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Of course PGs torched the Lakers since Magic was actually an SF who played point in terms of size.

But who cares when you have had two of the most dominant big men ever?

DeadlyDynasty
07-08-2012, 01:20 AM
We need more speed and athleticism...that's the direction the new nba is going, rather than bigman advantage...our bigs are still a luxury, but the team is slow as shit and constantly runs out of gas in the 4th. The Lakers have been the kings of blowing big leads since acquiring Gasol, but they were head and shoulders above most of the league then so it didnt hurt us as much as it does now that our stars are older.

racm
07-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Within a few years teams will start 6'8" power forwards and 6'10" centers.

ElNono
07-08-2012, 01:59 AM
tbh, I don't know that one of Gasol or Bynum are going to be in the team when the season starts... that said, I think Nash bread and butter is the high pick & roll... I would think that's a better fit for Pau, who is more mobile and can also pop and hit a midrange jumper. I think he's the closest Lakers big that can replicate the Nash/Amare role in Phoenix.

The big question is how Brown will make it work, because you need spacing and you can't have Bynum just parked in the paint. Perhaps this is something they'll run more with the second unit?

Latarian Milton
07-08-2012, 09:30 AM
guys think Kobe played PG for them lakers when there weren't no PG at all, dude just jacked up shots that he had no business of making and that ain't what a point guard was supposed to do. kobe will still have the ball in his own hands most of the time, he's used to playing that way and there ain't no way he could change it, nash will turn out to be nothing but a spot up shooter

ChrisRichards
07-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Every player on the floor will benefit when they play with Nash. He can make you look even better than you really are. Joe Johnson owes his max contract to Nash. Stoudemire owes his max contract to Nash. Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa, James Jones and even D'Antoni owes all their glory to Steve Nash. That being said, Mike Brown will look like Phil Jackson with Nash as his floor general. Heck, I expect every Laker player minus World Peace (Cause he can't shoot to save his life) to have career highs in FG% next season.

If you're a Laker fan, your biggest fear coming to this season would be Kobe still dominating that ball tbh. Seriously. I'm not even hating on Kobe at this point but Kobe will be the biggest question mark for the Lakers. If he asserts himself to dominate the ball again next year, Laker fans can pretty much forget about the immeasurable value that comes with Steve Nash.

As a basketball fan however. I like to watch entertaining ball, regardless of which team it is. I would love to see a Nash led basketball with guys like Gasol, Bryant and Bynum flourish next year. For the love of god, I hope Kobe slows down with the ball hogging for once in his career.

ChrisRichards
07-08-2012, 09:46 AM
guys think Kobe played PG for them lakers when there weren't no PG at all, dude just jacked up shots that he had no business of making and that ain't what a point guard was supposed to do. kobe will still have the ball in his own hands most of the time, he's used to playing that way and there ain't no way he could change it, nash will turn out to be nothing but a spot up shooter
This is pretty much how I envision the Lakers will be next year tbh. Nash brings the ball up front, Kobe demands the ball on the top of the key, while everyone watches him to either hold/dribble/establish position for 15 seconds then pass it to Nashwith 4 seconds left on the clock as option B when he can't blow by his defender. :lol

Mel_13
07-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Pau looks to be the most obvious beneficiary of adding Nash to the Lakers.

Still dubious about Mike Brown as the head coach for this bunch.

namlook
07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
"All of the above"

Kobe won't have to take as many bailout shots. His efficiency will go up as a result.

Definately. Kobe takes so many low percentage bailout shots because no one else can create with time running down. That changes now. Nash, not Kobe will always have the ball to start nearly every possession they are on the floor. Bynum and Gasol are going to get a lot of easy looks near the rim. Pick and roll with Nash and Gasol will be a joy to watch. Kobe won't have to exert as much energy on offense and will be fresher late in games.

Clipper Nation
07-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Not Bynum... he's going to CLEVELAND next summer, tbh :lol

druggas
07-08-2012, 05:31 PM
The correct answer is: the whole team!

And that includes that fraud of a coach, M. Brown.

Samuel Eto'o
07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Definately. Kobe takes so many low percentage bailout shots because no one else can create with time running down.

:lol

ElNono
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Still dubious about Mike Brown as the head coach for this bunch.

there's nothing dubious about it, Brown is way over his head :lol