13. Chuck Schumer
14. Dianne Feinstein
15. Dick Lugar
16. Olympia Snowe
17. Tom Coburn
18. Orrin Hatch
19. Susan Collins
20. Dick Durbin

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/2012/07/mccain_rubio_gop_dominate_broa.php

pretty awesome, eh?

Juggity
07-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Mentions in Broadcast Media = influential?

:lol

Galileo
07-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Mentions in Broadcast Media = influential?

:lol

The media blacks out non-influential people. This study is from the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.

Wild Cobra
07-08-2012, 03:17 AM
LOL...

That's one sorry ass list...

boutons_deux
07-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Get back to with all the major legislation that Randian Paul has written, introduced, etc.

eg:

Ron Paul’s House record marked by bold strokes, and futility

The passage of H.R. 2121, in fall 2009, unfolded without drama. It allowed for the sale of a customhouse in Galveston, Tex. The House debate took two minutes, and the vote took eight seconds. The ayes had it.

But something historic was happening. On his 482nd try, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) had authored a bill that would become law. :lol :lol :lol

Of the 620 measures that Paul has sponsored, just four have made it to a vote on the House floor. Only that one has been signed into law. :lol :lol :lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ron-pauls-house-record-stands-out-for-its-futility-and-tenacity/2011/12/23/gIQA5ioVJP_story.html

INFLUENTIAL! :lol :lol :lol

Wild Cobra
07-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Once again, I like Paul's libertarian stances. I wish more people understood the ethical balance that libertarianism offers vs. what we currently have. I still don't like Paul's ideas on foreign policy, and I think that makes him a bad prospect for president. Still... If he made the nomination, I would vote for Paul. I can live with one quality I don't like in a president vs. the several all other candidates offer.

boutons_deux
07-08-2012, 07:11 AM
"the ethical balance that libertarianism offers"

his no-regulation stance is totally unethical, as we see that no-regulation of campaign finance and financial sector has screwed up the country indefinitely, impoverished millions, screwed up a whole generation of graduates' careers, etc, etc.

"Paul's ideas on foreign policy"

yep, you'd rather continue to garrison the planet for $1.5T/year, kill all the sand-n!gg@s or anybody else who thinks bad thought about USA. Paul's foreign policy is about the only stance that I could maybe agree with.

jack sommerset
07-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I don't believe John McCain is number one. God bless

Clipper Nation
07-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Rand Paul is a joke, tbh.... claims to be a libertarian, but caves bigtime on drones and sanctions and endorsed Romney...

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-08-2012, 10:16 AM
:lol Teh drones!

:lol Ron Paul supporters paranoid about teh police drones!

Ron Paul also endorsed Romney tbh. I know it kills TEH LIBERTY MOVEMENT! but the Pauls and Alex Jones are just as much partisan Republicans as anyone else. Their main goal is to defeat Obama and they make up shit just like Romney does in order to do so.

Clipper Nation
07-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Ron Paul also endorsed Romney tbh.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/19/ron-paul-no-way-on-being-ready-to-endorse-romney/

Ringing endorsement, tbh...

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Guess I was wrong about det, I just remember some Alex Jones stuff where he got angry over Ron Paul/Mitt Romney. Still...

:lol Ron Paul
:lol Reaganomics
:lol deregulation being his solution for everything
:lol his liberal foreign policy being the only reason he's appealing as a Republican
:lol Alex Jones and his gang of nuts ruining any chance Ron Paul will ever have at being a real candidate

DMX7
07-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Rand Paul is worse than Ron Paul. At least Ron comes out with a good position every once and a while whereas Rand lays nothing but duds.

lol @ repealing the civil rights act.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-08-2012, 11:59 AM
True. Ron Paul at least is a Vietnam veteran who had a respectable career as a physician before entering politics. Rand is a talking head who has accomplished nothing without riding his dad's success.

Wild Cobra
07-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't believe John McCain is number one. God bless
That's one reason why I said it's a sorry ass list.

Galileo
07-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Get back to with all the major legislation that Randian Paul has written, introduced, etc.

eg:

Ron Paul’s House record marked by bold strokes, and futility

The passage of H.R. 2121, in fall 2009, unfolded without drama. It allowed for the sale of a customhouse in Galveston, Tex. The House debate took two minutes, and the vote took eight seconds. The ayes had it.

But something historic was happening. On his 482nd try, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) had authored a bill that would become law. :lol :lol :lol

Of the 620 measures that Paul has sponsored, just four have made it to a vote on the House floor. Only that one has been signed into law. :lol :lol :lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ron-pauls-house-record-stands-out-for-its-futility-and-tenacity/2011/12/23/gIQA5ioVJP_story.html

INFLUENTIAL! :lol :lol :lol

There are other ways to exercise influence. Rand has been blocking more bills than anyone else in the Senate.

PS - Rubio and Portman have not passed anything either.

Galileo
07-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Rand Paul is a joke, tbh.... claims to be a libertarian, but caves bigtime on drones and sanctions and endorsed Romney...

Rand has never caved in. Instead, he leverages power and avoids vote killers.

Galileo
07-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Rand Paul is worse than Ron Paul. At least Ron comes out with a good position every once and a while whereas Rand lays nothing but duds.

lol @ repealing the civil rights act.

Rand has not introduced legislation to withdraw the civil rights act, stupid.

DMX7
07-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Rand has not introduced legislation to withdraw the civil rights act, stupid.

That's not the same as not supporting the repeal of CRA. Rand does not see the purpose of introducing legislation that would get one vote if it ever got to a vote, stupid.

Galileo
07-09-2012, 12:54 AM
That's not the same as not supporting the repeal of CRA. Rand does not see the purpose of introducing legislation that would get one vote if it ever got to a vote, stupid.

Rand doesn't support repealing the civil rights act, idiot. If you want to repeal it, you'd better find another Senator.

:downspin:

Galileo
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM

Rand Paul has never given a floor speech in the Senate in opposition to the civil rights act.

:wow