PDA

View Full Version : lmao tlong

rayjayjohnson
07-08-2012, 03:30 AM
“His mind is not there in Portland. Out of that meeting with the Blazers (on Thursday), we hoped they would allow him to live his dream. The best case scenario is a sign-and-trade and we understand that. Hopefully, Paul Allen would never stand in the way of his dream to play for the Timberwolves,” is what Nicolas Batum's agent, Bouna Ndiaye, told CSNNW.com Saturday evening.

Batum and his agent met with Trail Blazers general manger Neil Olshey, director of college scouting Chad Buchanan, and capologist Joe Cronin on Thursday in an attempt to convince the organization to set him free after they had a pleasant Minnesota visit.

The Trail Blazers were unaware Batum was flying in and that was the plan in fear the Trail Blazers wouldn't grant the visit knowing what he would ask for. Batum wanted to relay the message in person of his desires to play for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
According to Ndiaye, Batum felt like he had an obligation to meet with them in person out of respect, to let them know what he was thinking.

“Generally, the meeting with the Blazers was nice and cordial. We started the meeting talking about his four years there,” Ndiaye said. “Nic expressed to them that after his first year, (Nate) McMillan said he was surprised that Nic had an offensive game. The second year was great. After Andre (Miller) left, it was really tough for him in year three. He wasn't able to get up and down and his role was staying in corner. He wasn't allowed to play his game. Being a Bruce Bowen in-the-corner player frustrated him. He wants to be him. He wants to play his game.

“He's a player that likes to move around and that's what he likes about Minnesota. Requesting a sign-and-trade was part of it, but not all of it. He went there to tell them there's no hard feelings, I don't hate you, but my heart isn't there. That's what he told them.”

Ndiaye says Batum is enamored with the opportunity of possibly playing with a true point guard in Ricky Rubio and a All-Star player in Kevin Love. They had dinner with Rick Adelman in which he went over his coaching philosophy and style. At that point, Batum was hooked, according to Ndiaye.

Another perk was that Minnesota has a direct flight to Paris that is about a seven hour flight.

Before the free agency period began, Ndiaye said they had four teams circled as potential suitors: Toronto, New Orleans, Minnesota, and San Antonio.

San Antonio and Ndiaye had discussions, but wasn't able to come up with a plan that would land the small forward along side his buddy Tony Parker. Batum was intrigued by New Orleans due to his relationship with head coach Monty Williams and Toronto seem to have made sense.

In the meantime, Ndiaye is hoping the Trail Blazers agree to a sign-and-trade or hopes they won't match Minnesota's offer.

Batum reached an agreement in principle with the Timberwolves and will sign a four-year, $45 million offer sheet come July 11.

Many have questioned Ndiaye's tactics in the handling of his client and some wondered if Ndiaye had his own personal agenda that didn't reflect his client's wishes.

Ndiaye says he and Batum are always on the same page.

“Everything I do is based on Batum's desires,” Ndiaye said. “There's no agent out there that's pushing his client to go a place they don't want to go. My job is to listen to the desires of Nic and try to get it done. I have to listen to my client's desires and that's what I'm doing.”

Ndiaye reiterates that Batum's decision to play in Minnesota is not a knock on the city of Portland. He says Batum loves the city and the fans, but it's time to move on.

“Nic appreciates the fans and he loves it there. That's where he got his start. It's nothing personal, he just wants to be in Minnesota,” Ndiaye said.

even batum wants out of that sinking ship

Halberto
07-08-2012, 04:32 AM
4 years for 45 million?????

Kai
07-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Remember when

Bayless
Roy
Batum
Aldridge
Oden

was being touted around like a future contender? :lol

racm
07-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Portland rolled too many 1s on the injury checks, tbh...

Latarian Milton
07-08-2012, 09:17 AM
45m/4yr sounds rather ridiculous for someone his caliber tbh, something above MLE should be a reasonable offer that he deserves. FA's in general are getting overpaid this summer for some reason

Clipper Nation
07-08-2012, 09:27 AM
:lol Neil Olshey
:lol Blazers' president quits because he got hired
:lol Overpaying for "potential" AGAIN
:lol Reaching on Damien Lillard and Meyers Leonard
:lol About to lose Batum
:lol Probably wishes he was still in LA

tlongII
07-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Agent speak tbh.

DPG21920
07-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Except those were Batum's words :lol

How bad does your franchise have to be when Minny seems like a dream compared to your crap team :lol

lil_penny
07-08-2012, 11:44 AM
:lol blazers
:lol batum
:lol getting paid more than 8 mil a year
:lol uneven haircut

hes not worth the money hes asking send his ass packing for anything more than 8 a year regardless of this being true or not

ElNono
07-08-2012, 01:26 PM
:lol Batum
:lol overhyped
:lol heading to perennial loser team
:lol follow the money
:lol french
:lol surrendering to Minnesota