PDA

View Full Version : I hate Tony Parker

2centsworth
06-24-2005, 08:17 AM
because of him I can't get that damn Ole Champion song out of my head.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

NoMoneyDown
06-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah, what was up with him this series? I know he isn't expected to be Superman, but 44% FT for the series?

Was he too spent on defense?
Did the pageantry of the finals get to him?
Did Detroit's defense get to him?
Did Eva get to him?

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 08:27 AM
:lol I think it's à les champions!

ObiwanGinobili
06-24-2005, 08:31 AM
i hate to say it .. but i was pissed at Tony. He was hot and cold all night.
EX: 3 bad possesions and then a 3pt from the corner to make up for it
god , he was giving me a heartattack!!
BY the end of the night I'd 1/2 way forgiven him, since we did win.

BUt watchign him in the post game celebrations reminded me of watching him in 2003 celebrating like the world was gonna end after he had choked adn speedy bailed him out. I got a chill of de'je 'vue.
Oh well...
it's over , we won.

mcornelio
06-24-2005, 08:53 AM
guys i know some of you play basketball too... when your defending a bigger stronger guy its not easy to come back and hit a jumpshot... tony wasnt doing great but he was getting his ass kicked by billups most of the time

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm a bit biased, b/c TP's my favorite player, but I thought Tony played a decent series. Without his defense, the Spurs don't win the title. He was being a pest to people he was giving up a lot of height to.

:tu to TP!

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 08:59 AM
I thought Tony did a fine job considering his opponent. And he's only 22 or so, so its natural he's gonna by caught up in the hype and wanna party. Hell, I'm 33 and have not changed in that respect! :lol

Spurminator
06-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Did anyone see Chauncey Billups tonight? Even in the first 3 quarters?

Exactly.

Props Tony.

NoMoneyDown
06-24-2005, 09:33 AM
I agree about his defense, but 44% FT? And people want to rag on Tim's free throws?

DarrinS
06-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Did anyone see Chauncey Billups tonight? Even in the first 3 quarters?

Exactly.

Props Tony.

Wasn't Bruce playing Billups most of the night?

ladiesman
06-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Late 3rd quarter, and most of the 4th. If I remember correctly....

MadDog73
06-24-2005, 09:37 AM

I believe Bruce didn't play Billups until the 3rd quarter.

IceColdBrewski
06-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Did anyone else notice how Pop had to yank Tony out of the game early in the 1st just to tell him to pull his head out of his ass.

His jumpshot is shit. He shoots a damn knuckleball.

ducks
06-24-2005, 09:41 AM
IF NASH was with detroit and tp did to nash when he was a sun
everyone would be on tp's nuts

MadDog73
06-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Did anyone else notice how Pop had to yank Tony out of the game early in the 1st just to tell him to pull his head out of his ass.

His jumpshot is shit. He shoots a damn knuckleball.

Nope. Not even when Skeletor and Al commented on it. :rolleyes

Can we save the hate for Parker for another time? We just won a Championship.

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 09:44 AM
IF NASH was with detroit and tp did to nash when he was a sun
everyone would be on tp's nuts

TP owns both Nash and Jason Kidd. You are going to have matchups where they are not in your favor sometimes.

Don't be a hater, ICB. :nope

1Parker1
06-24-2005, 09:48 AM
HAHAHA. I love this forum. DAY after our Spurs win the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 105 games later, and we still have a Tony Parker sucks thread! I love it.

Parker was horrible last night and wasn't too impressive on this series. But you have to take into the fact that he was the youngest player on the court and the smallest. Yet he still managed something like 15 ppg on 48% fg shooting. He shot waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many airballs last night, but the season is a culmination of all the games before it. He's had a pretty solid season. Improved his numbers all around.

What if Parker manages to improve more next year? Become more consistent and get back that 3 pt shoot and ok jump shooting he seemed to have his first 2 years in the league but seemed to have lost this year? Spurs could be even better.

2005 CHAMPS!!! :)

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Parker doesn't really shine in the play-offs as much as he does during the regular season. In a 7 game series, it's harder to shine because teams can adjust to how you play. Also, Tony plays really well against offensive-minded teams, and Detroit is a defensive minded team. It's hard for Tony to score on them. I would like to see Parker getting his teammates more involved next season and realize the fact that he is the point guard. He is a score first, penetrating type of guy, and he's 6'2". I want to see him involving people more.

easjer
06-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Tony was fine. He had a total mismatch on his hands, and still managed to do a great job on Chauncey. If you want proof of how good he is? Go back to the Conference Finals. He was incredible on Steve Nash. He has done a great job, and will only get better next year, as he did this year.

I love the kid.

ducks
06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
there is a few matchups he struggles with marbarry and the pistons point guard

but duncan struggles against sheed and camby he says so..

1Parker1
06-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Parker doesn't really shine in the play-offs as much as he does during the regular season. In a 7 game series, it's harder to shine because teams can adjust to how you play. Also, Tony plays really well against offensive-minded teams, and Detroit is a defensive minded team. It's hard for Tony to score on them. I would like to see Parker getting his teammates more involved next season and realize the fact that he is the point guard. He is a score first, penetrating type of guy, and he's 6'2". I want to see him involving people more.

Holy shit!!! Did Alvarez just manage to compliment Tony Parker (and without comparing him to Manu?!) :princess

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Holy shit!!! Did Alvarez just manage to compliment Tony Parker (and without comparing him to Manu?!) :princess
I've done it more times than you think.

JUUOT
06-24-2005, 10:09 AM
tony has a 17 point average through the playoff and something like 4.5 assists.
it is not superstar caliber but i remember people like Ice cold were saying he will never improve and will never average more than 15 points a game...

NeoConIV
06-24-2005, 10:10 AM
How many times in this series, after a Pistons bucket did Tony say PHUQ that, and go coast to coast, split defense and roll in a cherry layup...

I lost count.

Speed kills.