View Full Version : Bobcat Stadium Time Lapse

BobcatSoldier
07-08-2012, 11:03 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plpp&v=bYaIEHiD-Co

ThePop
07-08-2012, 11:27 PM
bYaIEHiD-Co

Here you go.

I've been in that stadium several times and I like the addition. I'm guessing that is the side with the scoreboard?

BobcatSoldier
07-09-2012, 12:20 PM
That was where they had the scoreboard. But they took it down and added two on the other end of the field. Everything is looking good just concerned about the sound system, it's garbage.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2012, 01:07 PM
A shame the track stays on the sides, but water tables are water tables.

ThePop
07-09-2012, 06:50 PM
They're gonna close DKR's scoreboard side as well someday. Not sure what we would do with the godzillatron though.

http://www.bevosports.com/images/futureDKR_lg.jpg

BobcatSoldier
07-09-2012, 07:57 PM
A shame the track stays on the sides, but water tables are water tables.

As of June 21st they started to prep the track for removal. I'm not sure how much of it is gone, but they should almost be done.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Well, I meant the space the track currently takes up. The stands on the sidelines aren't going get any closer to the field.

BobcatSoldier
07-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah I think your right on that one. But I really don't know how much closer you really need to be. It's not like the field is 30yrds away from the first row of seats.…Know what I mean

Kermit
07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
So are fans actually going to turn out? Because they couln't sell out the stadium they had. I remember the highest turnouts being San Marcos/Hays district games. Kind of seems like a waste of money.

robino2001
07-18-2012, 04:20 PM
All the games last year had 14,500-16,000 IIRC... those aren't bad numbers at all for a stadium that seats (sat) ~16k at the time.

Now will they get 30k every game... no chance except for the Tech game... but ~18-20k probably isn't out of the question. Who knows, maybe they'll be in the 20's all year.

ChumpDumper
07-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I can see SWTSTNCU averaging a little under 20k here on out, though they have a pretty strong home schedule this season. Playing both Texas Tech and La Tech could set a pretty high bar for the Sun Belt schedules to follow.

Vito Corleone
07-18-2012, 05:11 PM
The step up in talent will draw more fans. Texas state as a D1 school will make for some good games. Maybe not competitive at first but I expect to see lots of kids that don't go to Texas decide to go to Texas state as an alternative, or even lots of high quality transfers there as well.

I expect Texas state and UTSA to be like USF and Central Florida are to the Florida schools. Or Fresno State / SDSU are to the California schools.

BobcatSoldier
07-19-2012, 10:10 PM
That's one hell of an acronym chump dumper haha. Can you enlighten me on what your trying to insinuate?

ChumpDumper
07-19-2012, 10:18 PM
That's one hell of an acronym chump dumper haha. Can you enlighten me on what your trying to insinuate?I was just incorporating all the names State has gone by through the years. I've spelled them all out before but that got tedious.

TubThumper
07-19-2012, 10:53 PM
I was just incorporating all the names State has gone by through the years. I've spelled them all out before but that got tedious.
Are you sure you incorporated all of them?

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2012, 12:28 AM
i was kinds hoping that white and red crane was gonna go the distance, but i guess he got burned out.

Spursfan092120
07-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Looks pretty awesome....good luck, Bobcats.

BobcatSoldier
07-20-2012, 03:25 AM
All the games last year had 14,500-16,000 IIRC... those aren't bad numbers at all for a stadium that seats (sat) ~16k at the time.

Now will they get 30k every game... no chance except for the Tech game... but ~18-20k probably isn't out of the question. Who knows, maybe they'll be in the 20's all year.

We shall see? There are a couple of new ideas getting thrown around that seem logical like selling alcohol at the stadium, which has already received approval To be presented to the powers that be next year for 2013-2014 season. Also, a majority of the home games will be played at night which is good and allows for fans coming out of Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston to drive in the day of to at least get some tailgating in rather than barely making it in before the 2nd quarter starts. I also think this will keep alot of students from going to the bars and also make it considerably louder on game day. As far as marketing (Big Need) I heard that we hired the same marketing firm UTSA used. I dont know how much truth there is to that but i know they did an excellent job !!! for them and the results don't lie. Bobcat Club Donations jumped up big time , as well as, season ticket sales. I know all the Legacy suites are sold out along with a waiting list and the champions club is pretty close to being sold out too. I would be happy with a 18,000 avg for home games this coming year. If we start winning expect that number to jump considerably.