PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Blair doubts he will be with Spurs next season

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2012, 12:45 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/07/08/blair-doubts-he-will-be-with-spurs-next-season/

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-09-2012, 12:47 AM
[“It definitely made me stronger, but it definitely kept my head down. It happened the last two years. I really don’t know what’s going on. It messes my head up. It’s tough. Boris came and was a better fit. At the same time, I stayed positive and had a great attitude and kept going and had a lot of class. I grew up a lot.”

Blair turned 23 as the post-lockout season concluded in late April. What has happened since requires maturity.

“The Spurs are excellent,” he said. “They used me to get everybody going and just get to the playoffs. That’s what it’s seemed like the last two seasons. But it’s a business, and everybody has their role, and I played mine, obviously, in the season. That’s proved right now.

“We were No. 1 the last two seasons when I was starting, and then lost in the playoffs when I wasn’t. That’s just, well, I don’t know, common sense.
... really?

ElNono
07-09-2012, 12:49 AM
No surprises there...

jestersmash
07-09-2012, 12:50 AM
“We were No. 1 the last two seasons when I was starting, and then lost in the playoffs when I wasn’t. That’s just, well, I don’t know, common sense.

We lost in the 1st round with Blair starting, and made it to the WCF with Blair out of the lineup. We "lost" (no championship) both years. I don't understand the point he was trying to make with that line.

Nathan89
07-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Blair thinks he's a difference maker.:lmao

If he's not trade by the start of the season then there isn't even close to a reasonable deal on the table.

Reck
07-09-2012, 12:56 AM
... really?

:lol

That was just great...

In a delusional kind of way. :lmao:lmao

Mel_13
07-09-2012, 12:58 AM
We lost in the 1st round with Blair starting, and made it to the WCF with Blair out of the lineup. We "lost" (no championship) both years. I don't understand the point he was trying to make with that line.

This is just what he tells himself rather than recognize that he has been a regular season minutes eater who was a starter in name only.

Btw, Blair has never started a playoff game.

spurs1990
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
The guy started the majority of the last two seasons, and then was benched going into the playoffs.

His frustration is easily understandable. He needs a fresh start tbh. Hopefully an EC team.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-09-2012, 01:01 AM
This should go over well.

loveforthegame
07-09-2012, 01:05 AM
I wish he would have trimmed down earlier. It may have made a difference.

I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to start most the season and then be benched in the playoffs 2 years in a row.

If he's traded I wish him well. The Spurs need something else now.

timtonymanu
07-09-2012, 01:06 AM
I think Blair's comments are pretty dumb, but it could have possibly just been taken out of context. Possibly.

I can't hate Blair even though I've been one of his haters the last two years simply because he stayed ready in the playoffs and played decent against OKC.

He does need a fresh start somewhere. It's been said numerous times, but he would do well on a team that has no shot to make the playoffs.

TE
07-09-2012, 01:06 AM
... really?

He's more than likely gone after this, tbh...

timvp
07-09-2012, 01:10 AM
The guy started the majority of the last two seasons, and then was benched going into the playoffs.

His frustration is easily understandable.

Agreed. His record while starting in the regular season is outrageously good. It's understandable that he'd want to continue starting in the playoffs. Yes, he gained weight. Yes, he doesn't really fit. Yes, he's not physically capable of being a good defender. But he has a right to wonder what would happen if the Spurs kept starting him. Any type of competitor would think the same thoughts.

I don't really have a problem with anything Blair said. He admitted Diaw was a better fit. He didn't have anything too bad to say about anyone and doesn't come across as overly bitter.

If the Spurs can't trade him, he'd make a great fifth big. But, yeah, for all parties involved it's probably best to sell him whenever a team is ready to give up decent value.

spurs10
07-09-2012, 01:16 AM
This should go over well.
I'm sure thr FO is pricing tickets to Siberia as we speak.

spursfan1000
Blair is a solid player , the problem is that he is not much better then he was when he entered the league, he really has no post game or post defense. We have seen him make a mid time to time but not consistently, he is really one demensional. He really needs to hit the gym and work on his game a bit more. I dont mind what he said, his frustration is reasonable, I see him gone before next season

Off topic though I really wish we would have gotten Mario chalmers instead of him in the draft, we wouldnt have Gary Neal at backup pg right now.

timvp
This is just what he tells himself rather than recognize that he has been a regular season minutes eater who was a starter in name only.

Sounds like he recognizes what's going on:

"They used me to get everybody going and just get to the playoffs. That’s what it’s seemed like the last two seasons. But it’s a business, and everybody has their role, and I played mine, obviously, in the season."

baseline bum
07-09-2012, 01:18 AM
I don't want Blair traded, as I think the Spurs would have a hell of a time finding someone better in trade at his salary. Best to keep him on the team another year. It sucks for DeJuan personally, but he's still more valuable to the team than what he can get back in trade.

spurs10
07-09-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't want Blair traded, as I think the Spurs would have a hell of a time finding someone better in trade at his salary. Best to keep him on the team another year. It sucks for DeJuan personally, but he's still more valuable to the team than what he can get back in trade.
This sounds about right....

mudyez
07-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Agreed. His record while starting in the regular season is outrageously good. It's understandable that he'd want to continue starting in the playoffs. Yes, he gained weight. Yes, he doesn't really fit. Yes, he's not physically capable of being a good defender. But he has a right to wonder what would happen if the Spurs kept starting him. Any type of competitor would think the same thoughts.

I don't really have a problem with anything Blair said. He admitted Diaw was a better fit. He didn't have anything too bad to say about anyone and doesn't come across as overly bitter.

If the Spurs can't trade him, he'd make a great fifth big. But, yeah, for all parties involved it's probably best to sell him whenever a team is ready to give up decent value.

timvp with the goods again!
but where does "decent value" start?
is a late 1strounder (in a weak draft) enough? I'm just not sure where to rank him? has he George Hill value or is he just a late bench guy nobody would give up anything of real worth for?

maybe he can be the piece to get other teams biting on Bonner?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cvwjeky

Sense
07-09-2012, 02:05 AM
I was on the fence about Blair as far as liking him, character and all..

I hope leaves.

team-work
07-09-2012, 02:05 AM
I almost started the same thread when I saw the SAEN article.

It seems Blair has a hard time understanding what may be easily understandable for us i.e. used mainly during the regular season and benched in the POs. From his quotes he seems to have some insight but that cannot completely prevent his ego from being hurt. Hope the Spurs FO can find somewhere for him to prove himself, and above all, the young guy can turn his frustration to motivation.

Agreed that Blair's growing maturity kept him from turning his frustration into personal attack and ruining the team chemistry.

davidbowie
07-09-2012, 02:08 AM
dejuan is only speaking the truth.

only natural to wonder what the problem is. obviously he hasn't been told directly by pop or whoever. it's not like we won the championship and he's complaining about not getting playing time. we fucking lost. and the guys playing in his spot didnt do shit.

Redshadows
07-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Blair doubts he will be with Spurs next season.

And Bonner never doubts that?

Mr. Body
07-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Didn't he pretty much rip apart the Thunder most of the times we played them?

And then he never played against them in the playoffs?

mudyez
07-09-2012, 02:22 AM
dejuan is only speaking the truth.

only natural to wonder what the problem is. obviously he hasn't been told directly by pop or whoever. it's not like we won the championship and he's complaining about not getting playing time. we fucking lost. and the guys playing in his spot didnt do shit.

actually I think he did well in those minutes.
its all understandable and I don't see real bad feelings. he should be unhappy with the situation (even if pop explained him everything).
if we can use him going forward everything will be perfect...if not (probably) I wish him all the luck with another team and hope we can get something like a firstrounder for him.

BatManu20
07-09-2012, 03:25 AM
I have no real problem with what he's saying tbh. We do have a damn good record with him as a starter. It's obvious he's not on Pop's favorites list when he goes from being a starter to the last guy on the bench in the matter of a couple weeks. Besides, we drafted him in the 2nd round.. can you really be mad that he didn't turn out to be a great player? I wouldn't be surprised if he wan't here either. Thank him for his time here and move on.

angelbelow
07-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Dejuan has definitely matured. But then again, comments like these will only help his image around the league. Reacting negatively to his lack of playing time in the post season (again) would only red flag him and get him into more trouble. I'm glad that he, his agent, or his management realized that and steered him towards a more mature approach.

tdominate21
07-09-2012, 03:38 AM
I wish he would have trimmed down earlier. It may have made a difference.

I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to start most the season and then be benched in the playoffs 2 years in a row.

If he's traded I wish him well. The Spurs need something else now.

The dude with delicate knees admitted to eating his way out of the lineup last season and looked like shit this season and he says the spurs won when he played. He's basically saying "Fuck you Pop even though i suck"

Screw that Blair BITCH!

lebomb
07-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Didn't he pretty much rip apart the Thunder most of the times we played them?

And then he never played against them in the playoffs?

Yep.............people in here aren't very bright. Blair didn't even get a chance to play in the playoffs. Not even when we were getting our asses handed to us by OKC. Pop fucked that one up big time.

racm
07-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Two things are clear:

1. Pop views him as a regular season minutes eater, since the "starting Matt Bonner" experiment produced well, crap, and the Spurs lost a quality veteran big when Dice retired.

2. Pop doesn't pay attention to matchups by changing lineups so easily. Sure, there were no-brainers (like starting Kawhi against OKC to hold down Durant, or starting Tim and Tiago together against the Lakers the last two games of their series) but it required time for him to adapt (see the file under Andrew Bynum and 30 rebounds).

admiralsnackbar
07-09-2012, 07:16 AM
He's not being conceited, he's just saying what his agent told him to, I reckon. Dudes don't talk about having class or successfully getting their weight down or leading the Spurs to the #1 seed two years running (even if it were true).

Kid's not dumb -- he knows he's an extremely undersized big with a tendency to put on weight (and lug it cross-court on iffy knees) and sloppy offensive/defensive skills that have not improved appreciably in his time in SA. He got where he is because he wants to be an NBA player really, really bad, but that's a lot of strikes to have against you going into what may be your most important contract season on what will likely be a new team with a new system.

K-State Spur
07-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Absolutely no problem with what Blair said. That mentality is part of what makes him a still decently effective big man at 6'7.

Doesn't mean that the Spurs shouldn't continue to look for upgrades and/or move him. I don't believe he's a rotation player on a championship team. But I have zero issue with HIM thinking that he is.

racm
07-09-2012, 07:35 AM
The Spurs can move him while he still looks like a 10 and 6 guy, tbh...

Of course once they trade him the team that takes him would be hard pressed to put him in the rotation, especially since he doesn't get Tony or Manu to set him up anymore...

therealtruth
07-09-2012, 07:39 AM
It would have been interesting to let Blair go against OKC. His forte is scoring in the paint and we could have certainly used more paint points. However I hope Pop is not thinking of starting him again next season to eat minutes and then switching up at the playoffs. Like Blair said it is idiotic.

racm
07-09-2012, 07:43 AM
I think Pop wants one of him or Bonner traded, even for another wing...

mudyez
07-09-2012, 07:50 AM
move blair+bonner...play leonard and jax (+diaw) extended minutes at 4 and use duncan+splitter at the 5.

we don't need a 3rd real big.

racm
07-09-2012, 08:00 AM
I'll imagine these lineups to be used:

Most regular season games:

Parker/SG(Green?)/Leonard/Diaw/Duncan

Lakers/Pistons/Twin Towers teams:

Parker/SG/Leonard/Duncan/Splitter

OKC/Miami/Small ball teams:

Parker/Manu/Leonard/Jackson/Duncan

SenorSpur
07-09-2012, 08:36 AM

Methinks Blair is a bit delusional on this statement. That said, I really don't have a problem with his statement and he has a right to wonder about his future. He also has a right to want to go elsewhere. I can't blame him for that.

Despite his physical limitations, Blair hustles, aggressively plays with passion and is productive when given minutes. Can't say the same for Bonner. Given the choice, I'd rather have Blair on this roster than Bonner.

If the Spurs really want to contend in Duncan's final couple of seasons, they need to upgrade the frontline and move on from both Blair and Bonner.

racm
07-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Have you seen his tweets?

stxspurs
07-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Have you seen his tweets?

Here is one of his deep thoughts....

" The fact that we can't kiss our elbow is enough to make us realize that some things in life are very close to us, but still beyond our reach"

Lmao

racm
07-09-2012, 09:18 AM
That's tumblr worthy stuff there.

Budkin
07-09-2012, 09:34 AM
It would have been interesting to let Blair go against OKC. His forte is scoring in the paint and we could have certainly used more paint points. However I hope Pop is not thinking of starting him again next season to eat minutes and then switching up at the playoffs. Like Blair said it is idiotic.

I still don't get why he didn't play more. The second he came in in game 4 we got right back into the game and if KD doesn't go Jordan on us we win that game and most likely the series.

racm
07-09-2012, 09:38 AM
He had a positive +/- in Game 4.

Of course, Pop decides a choking stretch 4 who won a ring riding the pine is somehow better than a young undersized 4 in the playoffs.

weebo
07-09-2012, 09:42 AM
DB's inability to come into camp in shape and remain that way throughout the season is a testament to his immaturity.

He's in the freakin NBA as an undersized "big" who you would think would put in a lot of extra work just to stay in the league.

Pop and the Spurs benching him is a lot of his own doing.

racm
07-09-2012, 09:44 AM
I'd rather have Chuck Hayes, tbh...

Drom John
07-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Off topic though I really wish we would have gotten Mario chalmers instead of him in the draft, we wouldnt have Gary Neal at backup pg right now.

Hill was a better choice than Chalmers. Without Hill we wouldn't have Leonard at starting SF right now.

OTOH, Blair has a better win share than any player drafted after him. Blair's is 7th in his draft class win share. The best careers so far for those available at the time are:
Marcus Thornton
Jodie Meeks
Chase Budinger
Jonas Jerebko
Danny Green
Derrick Brown
Jon Brockman
A. J. Price
Patty Mills
Taylor Griffin
Lester Hudson

Blair was a very good choice.

Mel_13
07-09-2012, 09:59 AM
DB's inability to come into camp in shape and remain that way throughout the season is a testament to his immaturity.

He's in the freakin NBA as an undersized "big" who you would think would put in a lot of extra work just to stay in the league.

I regard Blair as a case of unrealized potential. If he had the work ethic exemplified by Tim Duncan, he wouldn't be wondering why the coach went away from him in the playoffs.

Compare him to Leonard who was a poor 3 point shooter in college. Without the benefit of summer league, access to team staff last summer, or a full training camp, he developed into a very good NBA 3 point shooter during the course of the season.

What upgrade to his game has Blair added in 3 seasons? Still can't make a shot outside of the paint. Got fat during the season. Still gets lost on defense.

Still a good value for the price as a minutes eater when the games matter less, but he hasn't raised his game to justify anything more.

CGD
07-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah after "he proved them wrong" after his rookie season, he's fallen off tbh. He lost the chip on his shoulder.

racm
07-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Hill was a better choice than Chalmers. Without Hill we wouldn't have Leonard at starting SF right now.

OTOH, Blair has a better win share than any player drafted after him. Blair's is 7th in his draft class win share. The best careers so far for those available at the time are:
Marcus Thornton
Jodie Meeks
Chase Budinger
Jonas Jerebko
Danny Green
Derrick Brown
Jon Brockman
A. J. Price
Patty Mills
Taylor Griffin
Lester Hudson

Blair was a very good choice.

2009 second round was STAAAAACKED :wow

galvatron3000
07-09-2012, 10:06 AM
If he were still killing the glass he'd be a great trade asset now I doubt he can bring in a 2nd rounder, he has a point if for nothing else but to sell himself to another team. He needs to get Malik Rose type game or he'll be out the league soon

racm
07-09-2012, 10:08 AM
That's why I wanted a guy like Bass. Not significantly worse at rebounding than Blair, but dang, the guy can put the ball in the hoop.

And like Malik Rose, he could shoot.

weebo
07-09-2012, 10:10 AM
I regard Blair as a case of unrealized potential. If he had the work ethic exemplified by Tim Duncan, he wouldn't be wondering why the coach went away from him in the playoffs.

Compare him to Leonard who was a poor 3 point shooter in college. Without the benefit of summer league, access to team staff last summer, or a full training camp, he developed into a very good NBA 3 point shooter during the course of the season.

What upgrade to his game has Blair added in 3 seasons? Still can't make a shot outside of the paint. Got fat during the season. Still gets lost on defense.

Still a good value for the price as a minutes eater when the games matter less, but he hasn't raised his game to justify anything more.

Agreed. DB is the type of player that has to out work everyone in the offseason just to be on an NBA team. His game did not grow from year one to now, and infact, you can say it actually regressed.

I guess playing basketball over the summer and stuffing your face with junk food is putting in work for DB.

racm
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Blair a draft steal they said

Sure, he's talented but doesn't have a good work ethic.

ElNono
07-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't even think the biggest problem is work ethic. While he had those weight problems the first season, the Spurs simply have a different need inside. You just couldn't throw him at Zach Randolph/Marc Gasol, or Favors/Jefferson or Griffin/DJ on a 7 game series. The extra inches he needs to cover those guys just isn't there, and they ain't going to magically appear.

The "Malik Rose" model worked when Duncan was in his prime and could protect the rim all on his own. Those days are long gone.

I just hope the Spurs can move DeJuan before the next season starts. I understand his contract is cheap, but I'm not sold his head is going to be there.

racm
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
The Rockets have a glut at PF too...

weebo
07-09-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't even think the biggest problem is work ethic. While he had those weight problems the first season, the Spurs simply have a different need inside. You just couldn't throw him at Zach Randolph/Marc Gasol, or Favors/Jefferson or Griffin/DJ on a 7 game series. The extra inches he needs to cover those guys just isn't there, and they ain't going to magically appear.

The "Malik Rose" model worked when Duncan was in his prime and could protect the rim all on his own. Those days are long gone.

I just hope the Spurs can move DeJuan before the next season starts. I understand his contract is cheap, but I'm not sold his head is going to be there.

Some guys make up for their shortcomings with work ethic. The only thing that has expanded in DB time here is his waistline. That should tell you enough about the guy.

TimmehC
07-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Reading between the lines...

"I can help more in the playoffs than Matt Bonner, you morons."

07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
i hope he does get traded. his talents are better used somewhere else. the spurs need to get some assets out of him though because right now his contract is very low for the value he provides.

ElNono
07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Some guys make up for their shortcomings with work ethic. The only thing that has expanded in DB time here is his waistline. That should tell you enough about the guy.

You can fixate on his waistline while overlooking the fact he's just not tall enough to play a position where we've needed size for a while, especially against playoff teams all of which more or less have decent frontlines.

Mel_13
07-09-2012, 10:41 AM
You can fixate on his waistline while overlooking the fact he's just not tall enough to play a position where we've needed size for a while, especially against playoff teams all of which more or less have decent frontlines.

Any chance he had of overcoming his lack of height was reduced to zero because he never expanded his game. His value would be much higher to himself and his team if he had worked hard enough to improve his game, even if that improvement still kept him from getting meaningful playoff minutes. There's really no excuse for the stagnation, even regression, in his game.

SenorSpur
07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
If he were still killing the glass he'd be a great trade asset now I doubt he can bring in a 2nd rounder, he has a point if for nothing else but to sell himself to another team. He needs to get Malik Rose type game or he'll be out the league soon

Yeah, it's quite a mystery as to why his rebounding numbers have plummeted.

DesignatedT
07-09-2012, 10:52 AM
What a fuckin idiot. Just go already.

Can't say I didn't see this coming. Surprised he bit his tongue for this long tbqh.

MR-Clutch
07-09-2012, 11:00 AM
So is this going to be a red flag for teams interested? Blair makes it seem like he wants to start wherever hes going.

Mel_13
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
So is this going to be a red flag for teams interested? Blair makes it seem like he wants to start wherever hes going.

Can't help, but it's not like there was a lot of interest in him when the Spurs shopped him before the draft.

K-State Spur
07-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah, it's quite a mystery as to why is rebounding numbers have plummeted.

It is a concern, although he was still at 9.3 rebounds/36, which isn't terrible.

And while his rebounding %s have fallen every year in the league, the team's as a whole have remained pretty steady, which would indicate that it's teammates taking his boards (i.e. Kawhi averaging an extra 2 boards over what RJ gave the Spurs) and not opponents.

Spurs Brazil
07-09-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't like Blair. I didn't see him improve since he arrived. I hope the Spurs and Blair find a good deal for both sides and move on

K-State Spur
07-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't like Blair. I didn't see him improve since he arrived. I hope the Spurs and Blair find a good deal for both sides and move on

I think he's improved. He's gotten more efficient around the rim. Added that floater. FTs are no longer a liability for him. Found out how to get his shot off against bigger defenders. Learned how to use his quick hands to knock the ball away from opponents backing him down.

He's regressed in rebounding, but that may, or may not, be due to his knees. We'll find out over the next few years regardless of where he ends up.

But, at the end of the day, he's just two short to defend competent post players and offers no rim deterrent as a help defender. A lesser team might be able to live with that, but not a title contender.

Ocotillo
07-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Maybe Brooklyn could use him beside Howard.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I think he's improved. He's gotten more efficient around the rim. Added that floater. FTs are no longer a liability for him. Found out how to get his shot off against bigger defenders. Learned how to use his quick hands to knock the ball away from opponents backing him down.

He's regressed in rebounding, but that may, or may not, be due to his knees. We'll find out over the next few years regardless of where he ends up.

But, at the end of the day, he's just two short to defend competent post players and offers no rim deterrent as a help defender. A lesser team might be able to live with that, but not a title contender.

I agree with this. He's lost some athleticism. Probably not from weight because he always had that but degeneration of his knees as you suggested.

I think he improved his post play immensely. Before this year he didn't even have a post game. He was REALLY raw. This year he learned to back players down and better use his size.

Yeah, he should have tried to improve his jumper but I think he was wise to improve what he was good at first before trying to go outside of himself. Sounds silly but I think it was the right approach.

His shooting is horrible but he's not the only one. Look at Splitter. No one complains to the same degree about his awful shooting. In fact, Blair improved his free throw shooting so I think the work was there. In games he was just trying to play to his strengths. He didn't have enough leash to try shooting outside shots. No way Pop has patience for that learning curve.

All said, I think he should be traded for everyone's benefit. But no reason to bash him. He's a young guy trying to figure it out on a team full of old men who talk about wine and European politics.

MR-Clutch
07-09-2012, 12:51 PM
So what teams would you guys imagine even have interest in Blair? Obviously GS considering that was the only team we heard of on draft day but anyone else? I imagine the Thunder could use him considering they don't have anyone with as good of a feel at rolling towards the basket as Blair does...not much else comes to mind except maybe some team like Charlotte that's in desperate need of help everywhere.

gambit1990
07-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Here is one of his deep thoughts....

" The fact that we can't kiss our elbow is enough to make us realize that some things in life are very close to us, but still beyond our reach"

Lmao

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM
u trade him + green to the hawks for a package

bigfan
07-09-2012, 01:42 PM
A short Kevin Duckworth.

TheSpurglar
07-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe trade Blair and a pick to Brooklyn for Brooks? They're trying to get another 1st to improve the offer for Dwight.

SenorSpur
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM

Blair has ALWAYS been too short to defend competent post players. The problem is, with the exception of Duncan, all the Spurs bigs have serious limitations and deficiencies (lack of size, athleticism, skill) which makes for an inadequate pairing of whatever combination Pop decides to throw out on the floor.

That leaves the Spurs frontline extremely vulnerable and susceptible to the opposition's ability to score on the inside, attacking the rim and getting second-chance shots. It also places an inordinate amount of workload on Duncan, who as we all know, is in decline.

MR-Clutch
07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
His first offseason here he shoudlve worked on his jumpshot with the spurs coaching staff. Instead, he decides to work on his own, on that stupid floater, while making music videos for that stupid music group, that has no shot at being mainstream, or even resembling anything worth listening to at all. I think once he gives up on his music dreams and realizes he can have more sucess at basketball is the day that well see him dedicate himself.

SenorSpur
07-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Blair should've adopted the Kawai Leonard model for hard work and improving his game. Hell, for that matter, he should've worked out with Glenn "Big Baby" Davis. The limitations to his game were nearly the same as Blair. Except now, Davis is a very good midrange shooter.

yavozerb
07-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Blair should've adopted the Kawai Leonard model for hard work and improving his game. Hell, for that matter, he should've worked out with Glenn "Big Baby" Davis. The limitations to his game were nearly the same as Blair. Except now, Davis is a very good midrange shooter.

To be fair, Davis is 3 years older and been in the league for 2 more years..Good comparison though. Blair is only still 23, so he still has time to turn his career around with some hard work. Only time will tell, just probably not with SA.

rr2418
07-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I almost started the same thread when I saw the SAEN article.

It seems Blair has a hard time understanding what may be easily understandable for us i.e. used mainly during the regular season and benched in the POs. From his quotes he seems to have some insight but that cannot completely prevent his ego from being hurt. Hope the Spurs FO can find somewhere for him to prove himself, and above all, the young guy can turn his frustration to motivation.

Agreed that Blair's growing maturity kept him from turning his frustration into personal attack and ruining the team chemistry.

I don't think we can never understand more than a player or what goes on inside the Spurs organization. We all like to speculate (me included) about the Spurs. It just seems to me that Blair new what was going on but still is disappointed at Pop's decision.

AFBlue
07-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Any chance he had of overcoming his lack of height was reduced to zero because he never expanded his game. His value would be much higher to himself and his team if he had worked hard enough to improve his game, even if that improvement still kept him from getting meaningful playoff minutes. There's really no excuse for the stagnation, even regression, in his game.

This. As much as I hate to admit it, all Blair had to do was put in the time to develop a reliable 12-15ft jumpshot. That's the key to undersized bigs being effective in this league, and especially with this team.

He still has value for sure, but not developing a mid-range jumpshot has absolutely limited his effectiveness as a player on this team and off it. Hopefully his offseason regimen includes losing weight and working on that shot. Without it, he's nothing more than what he's been the past two seasons; a regular season minute-eater.

And to think I had such high hope for the kid. He came in with a chip on his shoulder and it unfortunately sounds like he'll be leaving with a different one.

Bruno
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
What happened with Diaw has really hurt Blair which in understandable.

During 3 years, Pop has been behind Blair to ask him to stay in shape. He even called him out and put him in the doghouse for being in poor shape. At the end Pop gave his spot to Diaw who was fatter.

For both Spurs and Blair, a trade is the best outcome. Hopefully, Spurs will be able to get a solid backup PF for a package with Blair. A Duncan, Diaw, Splitter and solid backup PF would be a fine bigmen rotation.

K-State Spur
07-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Hell, for that matter, he should've worked out with Glenn "Big Baby" Davis. The limitations to his game were nearly the same as Blair. Except now, Davis is a very good midrange shooter.

1) Davis had a little bit of a midrange game even at LSU.

2) I wouldn't say that he's a "very good" midrange shooter. He makes enough to confuse some people, but with TS% in the 47% range, the guy really shouldn't be shooting period. Offensively, Blair is superior to Davis because he knows what he is and what he isn't. Not to go all Hollinger, but there's something to be said that every year Dejuan has posted a PER 3-4 points higher than Big Baby's career high.

The one advantage Davis has over Blair is a better understanding of how to overcome his lack of height to a certain degree by using his girth to maintain good defensive position (a la Malik).

TD 21
07-09-2012, 04:56 PM
spurs1990 and timvp nailed it.

He was all but guaranteed to be gone anyway, but this sealed it. The Spurs never retain players who don't want to play for them and he's made it clear that he doesn't, if he's going to be a non rotation player (and he would be). So even if they can't find a trade to their liking, they'll probably cut him. Which would be ridiculous, because even if he's not part of a bigger trade, you can't tell me that on his own, he can't at least fetch a legit 2nd (legit meaning, not a top 50-55 protected 2014-16 2nd). But I wouldn't put it past them to cut him.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2012, 05:08 PM
They will not cut him

timvp
07-09-2012, 05:18 PM
It would be beyond stupid to cut him. And the Spurs do have a history of hanging on to players who have wanted out. James Anderson and RMJ being two recent examples.

TD 21
07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I agree and I think it's highly unlikely, but that's why I said, "I wouldn't put it past them". If someone is not going to give them a legit offer, they might figure "why should we give a productive/useful, inexpensive young player to a team for free?". That would obviously be a last resort type option.

Can't believe the Mason example slipped my mind. I was thinking (and should have clarified), guys that complain publicly . . . there goes that.

maverick1948
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
He had a positive +/- in Game 4.

Of course, Pop decides a choking stretch 4 who won a ring riding the pine is somehow better than a young undersized 4 in the playoffs.

Of course, Bonner played 2 minutes in game 4, 1 min in game 5 and NONE in game 6. Would putting in a shooter not have helped in those 3 games instead of saying "he has disappeared from sight"?

Actually, Blair played quite a bit in April, but never played in the playoffs and I for one dont understand why. He produced in April. He produced against the Thunder during the season and then sat on the bench while Perkins and Ibaca had a field day against the great Diaw.

:lmao that was not this season, he did quite well at watching his weight. The only reason he was taken out of the starting lineup was DIAW came in and Parker wanted him to start. Otherwise, Blair continues to get 20 mins and produce 9 and 7 on regular basis.

He regressed because other teams began to put a body on the short guy who was dominating the boards.

What happen
ed with Diaw has really hurt Blair which in understandable.

During 3 years, Pop has been behind Blair to ask him to stay in shape. He even called him out and put him in the doghouse for being in poor shape. At the end Pop gave his spot to Diaw who was fatter.

For both Spurs and Blair, a trade is the best outcome. Hopefully, Spurs will be able to get a solid backup PF for a package with Blair. A Duncan, Diaw, Splitter and solid backup PF would be a fine bigmen rotation.

Blair produced all season. He played the minutes until Diaw showed up. Diaw really put up great scoring and rebounding numbers 5 points and 4 boards. He also shut down Ibaca on an 11 for 11 night against him. Dont you wonder if Blair might have harrassed Ibaca a little?

Blair is not a star player, but I would rather see him working on the court than Diaw. At least, he does something even if it is a mistake. Diaw went away when things got tough.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Blair is in a weird position. I understand he has to look out for his career in a contract year. This next contract might be his last. Better to politely pave the way for his own exit. The only thing is, it sounds like the Spurs already tried to trade him and no one wanted him (unless he was tethered to that boat anchor Matt Bonner in a trade scenario). Anyway, hopefully he does get traded and everyone wins.

Cane
07-09-2012, 06:47 PM
IIRC, the Heat almost traded a late second rounder for Roger Mason Jr. but it expired before the deal could be done. I think that might be the most realistic asset the Spurs can get in return for Blair. And one that's probably not worth it. Spurs still need Blair's energy and tenacity on the boards even if his knees keep declining.

Blair is basically in a Richard Jefferson situation. Spurs kept starting RJ, even when there were other options, in order to give RJ some trade value and while not being completely useless to the Spurs. But benching Blair towards the end of seasons and in the playoffs is a red flag, along with Blair's weight gain and lack of range. I wanted to like Blair since he's an underdog story with rare flashes of 20/20 talent, but he's not what the Spurs need, not even the past squads that desperately needed rebounding

ElNono
07-09-2012, 07:01 PM
You would think with his cheap salary, he would be easy to trade. I wonder if the Spurs are looking to dump somebody else with him or would just rather stick with the cheap body.

benefactor
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Of course, Bonner played 2 minutes in game 4, 1 min in game 5 and NONE in game 6. Would putting in a shooter not have helped in those 3 games instead of saying "he has disappeared from sight"?

Actually, Blair played quite a bit in April, but never played in the playoffs and I for one dont understand why. He produced in April. He produced against the Thunder during the season and then sat on the bench while Perkins and Ibaca had a field day against the great Diaw.

:lmao that was not this season, he did quite well at watching his weight. The only reason he was taken out of the starting lineup was DIAW came in and Parker wanted him to start. Otherwise, Blair continues to get 20 mins and produce 9 and 7 on regular basis.

He regressed because other teams began to put a body on the short guy who was dominating the boards.

Blair produced all season. He played the minutes until Diaw showed up. Diaw really put up great scoring and rebounding numbers 5 points and 4 boards. He also shut down Ibaca on an 11 for 11 night against him. Dont you wonder if Blair might have harrassed Ibaca a little?

Blair is not a star player, but I would rather see him working on the court than Diaw. At least, he does something even if it is a mistake. Diaw went away when things got tough.
I haven't this much fail in one post in quite some time.

I award you no points and my God have mercy on your soul.

CGD
07-09-2012, 07:19 PM
It's pretty amazing looking at the roster that the Spurs don't have one bad contract. Not one. In many respects this is a year to ship players like Neal, Blair, Bonner, Manu, and Jax out given their expiring natures or quasi-expiring in the case of Bonner (last partially guaranteed).

I bet whoever the Spurs have contacted about trades at this point are asking them to assume too crappy of a contract in return for whatever approx $5M-6M cap relief (Bonner/Blair/Neal combo) could mean to them next summer.

therealtruth
07-09-2012, 08:15 PM

He's gotten better at taking charges but I agree no jumpshot and his rebounding has decreased. Maybe all he needs is a coach that's willing to work with him to improve his game.

therealtruth
07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Blair has ALWAYS been too short to defend competent post players. The problem is, with the exception of Duncan, all the Spurs bigs have serious limitations and deficiencies (lack of size, athleticism, skill) which makes for an inadequate pairing of whatever combination Pop decides to throw out on the floor.

That leaves the Spurs frontline extremely vulnerable and susceptible to the opposition's ability to score on the inside, attacking the rim and getting second-chance shots. It also places an inordinate amount of workload on Duncan, who as we all know, is in decline.

I don't even think that's how the Spurs post deficiencies mostly manifest themselves. It think the frontline's vulnerabilities manifest themselves more when our defenders can't stay in front of perimeter guys because they're helping so much and afraid of getting beat.

ElNono
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
He's gotten better at taking charges but I agree no jumpshot and his rebounding has decreased. Maybe all he needs is a coach that's willing to work with him to improve his game.

At this point, maybe he's not willing to put forth the effort after watching the coach go with somebody else when the playoffs came around. (two times in a row at that)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-09-2012, 09:33 PM
It would be great if we could package Bonner and Blair and bring back a stretch 4 who can also defend, but I think that's impossible.

I'd be happy with Blair as 4th/5th big depending on matchups.

Spurtacus
07-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He needs to understand that Diaw brings more to the Spurs on both ends then he does. As for Bonner getting more minutes than him in the playoffs...he would have a legitimate complaint.

Hoops Czar
07-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Hopefully Blair stays. He'll be more productive than any third string nobody or late second round draft pick.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Blair earned more respect from me then I already gave him forhis positive attitude during the last run, and his amazing energy in the second half stint he had in the okc series.
hope he ends up with good money, with an opportunity for good minutes

crc21209
07-10-2012, 12:30 PM
If the Spurs CAN'T move him, then I'm OK with them bringing him back. But if they can package him and Bonner for a legit big man, then they HAVE to do it. But I'd be fine with him as a 4th/5th big next season...

MaNu4Tres
07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Blair/Bonner/Neal/ Joseph to the Wizards for Andray Blatche and 2 future 1st round picks.

With the resigning of Diaw, Green, Mills, and the signing of De Colo; Blair, Neal and even Joseph have become very expendable.

As for the Wizards, they are desperately trying to get rid of Blatche and his contract and even are willing to eat up his salary and use the amnesty clause on him. This fact, presented earlier by Marc Stein via Twitter, makes me believe Spurs have a chance to get away with robbery.

Spurs have the expendable expiring pieces (with exception of Bonner), to save the Wizards over 15 million dollars. With that being said, Spurs could not only get back, at the very least, a 1st round lottery pick in return as compensation (they could probably get 2; 1 being lottery protected or top 5 protected), but they also get back an athletic, yet overpaid, true power forward that, with the tutoring of Pop and Tim, could possibly get over that mental hurdle that has clouded his ceiling the first 6-7 years of his career.

Yeah his contract is a bit absurd, but I'm willing to guarantee Spurs intend to resign Manu after this year to a 2 year deal (matching when Tim's new contract is up). Which means, Spurs are pretty much all in the next 3 years with the squad they have right now. The real rebuilding process won't begin til 3 years down the road and with this deal, Spurs could attain at least 1 unprotected lottery pick and 1 protected 1st round pick to help bridge the big 3 era to the new era a bit more smoothly.

pad300
07-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Blair/Bonner/Neal/ Joseph to the Wizards for Andray Blatche and 2 future 1st round picks.

With the resigning of Diaw, Green, Mills, and the signing of De Colo; Blair, Neal and even Joseph have become very expendable.

As for the Wizards, they are desperately trying to get rid of Blatche and his contract and even are willing to eat up his salary and use the amnesty clause on him. This fact, presented earlier by Marc Stein via Twitter, makes me believe Spurs have a chance to get away with robbery.

Spurs have the expendable expiring pieces (with exception of Bonner), to save the Wizards over 15 million dollars. With that being said, Spurs could not only get back, at the very least, a 1st round lottery pick in return as compensation (they could probably get 2; 1 being lottery protected or top 5 protected), but they also get back an athletic, yet overpaid, true power forward that, with the tutoring of Pop and Tim, could possibly get over that mental hurdle that has clouded his ceiling the first 6-7 years of his career.

Yeah his contract is a bit absurd, but I'm willing to guarantee Spurs intend to resign Manu after this year to a 2 year deal (matching when Tim's new contract is up). Which means, Spurs are pretty much all in the next 3 years with the squad they have right now. The real rebuilding process won't begin til 3 years down the road and with this deal, Spurs could attain at least 1 unprotected lottery pick and 1 protected 1st round pick to help bridge the big 3 era to the new era a bit more smoothly.
According to ShamSports,
Bonner+Blair+Neal+Joseph=$6,613,109 < Blatche = $7,794,921

SAS is on a hard cap of $74M, because they used the non-taxpayers MLE on Diaw. I doubt they can make this work. If you can, I say go for it...

MaNu4Tres
07-10-2012, 12:48 PM
According to ShamSports,
Bonner+Blair+Neal+Joseph=$6,613,109 < Blatche = $7,794,921

SAS is on a hard cap of $74M, because they used the non-taxpayers MLE on Diaw. I doubt they can make this work. If you can, I say go for it...

Blatche is due 7.1 million next season, not 7.8.

CGD
07-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Blatche may also be closer to being amnestied.

Per Stein's twitter: "In other words Wiz have 'til July 17 to keep scouring for Blatche trade. Wiz choice then, I'm told, is amnesty or pay Blatche to stay home."

Brutalis
07-10-2012, 03:24 PM
I have no real problem with what he's saying tbh. We do have a damn good record with him as a starter. It's obvious he's not on Pop's favorites list when he goes from being a starter to the last guy on the bench in the matter of a couple weeks. Besides, we drafted him in the 2nd round.. can you really be mad that he didn't turn out to be a great player? I wouldn't be surprised if he wan't here either. Thank him for his time here and move on.

This is how i feel. The guy did more for us than we ever expected out of him too. People seem to forget that. The dude is pure hustle and heart. And he gave us a huge spark in the little action he got vs okc.

Im going to miss him.

Like him a lot more than Splitter too. If we could have a mutant of the two....my god...

spurraider21
07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
he made an impact every time he was on the court against OKC. unlike splitter, he would actually punish the thunder for switching on a pick and roll. while splitter couldn't score 1 on 1 against fucking thabo, blair would've done damage

therealtruth
07-10-2012, 08:10 PM
he made an impact every time he was on the court against OKC. unlike splitter, he would actually punish the thunder for switching on a pick and roll. while splitter couldn't score 1 on 1 against fucking thabo, blair would've done damage

I agree Pop played all the wrong cards in the series form game 3 onwards.

ace3g
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Maximum Sports ‏@MaxSportsSA

Exclusive: DeJuan Blair's agent: "Next year it's his choice of what he wants to do, and chances are he wouldn't be in SA, obviously."

Agent says next season will probably be Blair's last with Spurs
Spurs center DeJuan Blair's agent tells Max Sports the 2012-13 season will more than likely be Blair's last with the Silver and Black. Blair is a free agent at season's end. "Next year, it's his choice on what he wants to do, and chances are he wouldn't be in San Antonio, obviously", said Happy Walters, DeJuan's LA based agent.

Blair lost his spot in the Spurs rotation late in the season, and Walters has no idea why.

"Pop (Gregg Popovich) is a good coach and well respected, and he doesn't need to answer to me or Dejuan. But Pop made his decisions for whatever they were, and as far as I know, he hasn't sat down with DeJuan and told him why.

Based on who they've signed, it doesn't seem like they're planning on keeping him, or if they do keep him this year, he's not going to be a big part of it. They are certainly planning on life without Dejuan, with who they've signed."

Yesterday, Spurs GM RC Buford said he understands Blair's frustrations, but wouldn't apologize for the rotation the team decided to go with in the post-season.

Walters says Blair is working out in Las Vegas this off-season, and is in the best shape of his life.

Buford said he would love to have DeJuan contribute to the team next year, but if he asks Pop to not be with the Spurs, the team will address the situation and explore their options. Blair, to this point, has not asked to be traded.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/sports/local/videos/vid_711.shtml#.T_9eIgAkp4M.twitter

slick'81
07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
cry me a river dejuan when u learn to finish around the rim then u can start

ace3g
07-12-2012, 06:35 PM
The problem with Blair (other than lack of size) is he rushes on his post moves etc, when he actually takes the time, takes a power dribble he was very effective. Plus he could be a good cutter with that reverse layup he always does from the baseline.

Robz4000
07-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Pop really should just sit his ass down and tell him to his face: "You can't teach height"

To be serious, though, he needs to force Blair to develop his offensive game more and to better his rebounding because he'll never be better than decent on D.

Duncan2177
07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Spurs center DeJuan Blair? Since when is a 6'6 basketball player a center? WTF:lol

loveforthegame
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Spurs will probably hold on to him until the bitter end.

Trill Clinton
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
This is how i feel. The guy did more for us than we ever expected out of him too. People seem to forget that. The dude is pure hustle and heart. And he gave us a huge spark in the little action he got vs okc.

Im going to miss him.

Like him a lot more than Splitter too. If we could have a mutant of the two....my god...

ya this pretty much sums up how I feel about the situation at this juncture. I hope he's working on his mid range game because I hate seeing that floater.

racm
07-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Blair with a jumper would be Paul Millsap with no ACLs.

timtonymanu
07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Can't blame the guy for being benched in favor of guys like Matt Bonner.

Mel_13
07-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Don't like players/agents that air their complaints in public. Blair's time with Spurs is clearly nearing an end, so good luck to him with one of those teams that passed over him in the draft.

DesignatedT
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
lol. please get rid of this fat fuck

timtonymanu
07-12-2012, 06:57 PM
It is a pretty ugly end. It sucks that Blair couldn't work out here after such a promising rookie season.

DMC
07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
No one with an ounce of class says "I have class". It doesn't work that way. He needs to be in Charlotte in a bad way.

DMC
07-12-2012, 07:58 PM
I agree Pop played all the wrong cards in the series form game 3 onwards.
It didn't matter. They had a full boat and the best we had was 3 of a kind. It didn't matter which other two kickers you put with those.

benefactor
07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
"Pop (Gregg Popovich) is a good coach and well respected, and he doesn't need to answer to me or Dejuan. But Pop made his decisions for whatever they were, and as far as I know, he hasn't sat down with DeJuan and told him why."
Let's see...Boris Diaw is a better basketball player, Blair still can't shoot, Boris Diaw is a better basketball player, Blair is too short and Boris Diaw is a better basketball player.

There is also the fact that Boris Diaw is a better basketball player.

slick'81
07-12-2012, 09:51 PM
dejuans agent is a fckn retard.

SenorSpur
07-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Get us someone taller - PLEASE!

DPG21920
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I can't stomach Blatche's contract IMO.

spurspokesman
07-13-2012, 07:55 AM
I like Blair but he brung it upon himself. Out of shape at times and lack of focus, two things that are easily rectified with effort. On the other hand to see Matt Bonners corpse get minutes ahead of you has to sting a bit.

SenorSpur
07-13-2012, 09:05 AM
I like Blair but he brung it upon himself. Out of shape at times and lack of focus, two things that are easily rectified with effort. On the other hand to see Matt Bonners corpse get minutes ahead of you has to sting a bit.

That would certainly cause one to be pissed.

Spurs Brazil
07-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I hate when players and agents start crying. GTFO Blair and take Bonner with you

TheSpursFNRule
07-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Sixers Interested in DeJuan Blair: DeJuan Blair is on the outside of the Spurs plans looking in, and word is the Philadelphia 76ers would love to have him as a possible replacement for Elton Brand.

Blair is owed roughly $1 million for next season and has grown frustrated with the Spurs. For the last two years Blair played a role in the regular season, only to find himself anchored to the bench in the playoffs.

The Spurs explored trading Blair in and around the draft but could not consummate a deal. Blair has told those around him he expected to be moved and with teams like Philly having real interest, a deal seems probable.

TheSpursFNRule
07-13-2012, 03:25 PM
thats from hoopsworld.com

deibero
07-13-2012, 03:28 PM
blair has much more value than his contract, therefore i can't see him being traded other than for a pick... and even then, he will be much more valuable than a second rounder you can get for him!

DesignatedT
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
thats from hoopsworld.com

Asked if ‪#Sixers‬ have no interest in DeJuan Blair. "You are correct," replied team president Rod Thorn.

https://twitter.com/tmoorepburbs

slick'81
07-13-2012, 03:43 PM
yeah something tells me phili isnt looking to replace brand with blair in the starting rotation

Solid D
07-13-2012, 03:46 PM
yeah something tells me phili isnt looking to replace brand with blair in the starting rotation

No, they're replacing Brand with Kwami Brown.

slick'81
07-13-2012, 03:52 PM
No, they're replacing Brand with Kwami Brown.

obviously i was responding to the report everyone knows brown and hawes upfront.point is they dnt want dejuan

Solid D
07-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Got it. Wasn't intended specifically for you. Should have said it differently without quoting you.

therealtruth
07-13-2012, 05:54 PM
It didn't matter. They had a full boat and the best we had was 3 of a kind. It didn't matter which other two kickers you put with those.

They played better team ball than us from game 3 onward. They reverted back to hero-ball in the Finals and lost. We could have beat them playing hero-ball if we had continued to play team ball. They even said they learned how to beat us from watching how we played in games 1-2.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Spurs will probably hold on to him until the bitter end.

He'll be gone like a fart in the wind if Scola clears waivers and wants to sign here. Spurs are win/win in that scenario. They can cut him by a certain date in the fall without consequence or cost. He's not guaranteed until the season starts.

It's disappointing to see him air this publicly, but I can see his side, too. Players have a limited earnings window, and DB's will be shorter than most. I wish DeJuan well, but it seems like it's time to part company.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2012, 08:50 PM
They played better team ball than us from game 3 onward. They reverted back to hero-ball in the Finals and lost. We could have beat them playing hero-ball if we had continued to play team ball. They even said they learned how to beat us from watching how we played in games 1-2.

All that team ball wouldn't have amounted to much if it hadn't been coupled with a historic hot streak from outside the paint. They reverted to form in game 2 of the finals and Miami capitalized.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-13-2012, 09:15 PM
All that team ball wouldn't have amounted to much if it hadn't been coupled with a historic hot streak from outside the paint. They reverted to form in game 2 of the finals and Miami capitalized.

No shit. :lol Talk about the FAR end of the bell curve...Perkins and Ibaka shoot 22-25 in one game. Are you fucking kidding me? Subtract JUST that game, and it's going back to SA for game 7.

ace3g
07-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe

The Warriors would have an interest in San Antonio big man DeJuan Blair, according to a source. But the Spurs ... http://sulia.com/c/golden-state-warriors/f/28f00a64-620a-4c65-b983-a7823c971813/?source=twitter

The Warriors would have an interest in San Antonio big man DeJuan Blair, according to a source. But the Spurs want a first-round pick in exchange. Not only do the Warriors not have one they can give, they wouldn't give it anyway. If the price comes down, GSW would check him out. He's not the athlete they want, but he'd bring the toughness and physicality they need

CGD
07-13-2012, 09:38 PM
So we're asking for a first huh? Don't see that happening unless it's a team projected to pick in the 20s.

timtonymanu
07-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Convince them to take Bonner too and GS would have the trio of RJ/Bonner/Blair.

yavozerb
07-13-2012, 09:46 PM

The Warriors would have an interest in San Antonio big man DeJuan Blair, according to a source. But the Spurs ... http://sulia.com/c/golden-state-warriors/f/28f00a64-620a-4c65-b983-a7823c971813/?source=twitter

The Warriors would have an interest in San Antonio big man DeJuan Blair, according to a source. But the Spurs want a first-round pick in exchange. Not only do the Warriors not have one they can give, they wouldn't give it anyway. If the price comes down, GSW would check him out. He's not the athlete they want, but he'd bring the toughness and physicality they need

If the spurs can pick up another big, I would probably go ahead and take the 2nd rd pick by the warriors if they offer it...GSW is not gonna be very good so at least the pick should be a high 2nd.

timvp
07-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Damn, ace3g beat me to the punch.

Good job, per usual :tu

lakerhaterade
07-13-2012, 09:51 PM

The warriors are stupid enough to pull this off.

Mr. Body
07-14-2012, 12:23 AM
I love Blair and will love him no matter where he goes.

But he's not a good fit in San Antonio.

I don't think a first rounder from a team like GSW will work - maybe one late in the 1st. But to trade DeJuan you probably need to swap young players or get 2nd rounders.