PDA

View Full Version : Horry's Status?

NoMoneyDown
06-24-2005, 08:33 AM
I think he was in his second year of a two-year contract with a team option on the second (but I'm going on failed memory and fumes right now). Any chance he'll resign with the Spurs next year? I wouldn't mind signing him up and ride the bench all year if it meant we'd have him for the playoffs - the guy has ice in his veins.

mcornelio
06-24-2005, 08:50 AM
hes got an option i believe... no shit i think he will take it if he wants 7
rings

desertlobo
06-24-2005, 08:52 AM
I agree. In my opinion he should be the MVP. He did all the small things right and gave us boost when we most needed it during the series.

beirmeistr
06-24-2005, 09:07 AM
He was asked in an interview if he would be back with the Spurs and he answered "who knows?"

spur219
06-24-2005, 09:07 AM
I hope he picks up his player option.

xcoriate
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
He has an option and the only other place he would consider going to play is Houston (where is familty is).

violentkitten
06-24-2005, 09:10 AM
judging by his comments on espn post-game he will stay.

SWC Bonfire
06-24-2005, 09:15 AM
He could walk away right now and nobody would fault him.

ObiwanGinobili
06-24-2005, 09:19 AM
I think Horry stays.
He was talking about Timmy winning him a ring again next yr.

wildbill2u
06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
I think he was in his second year of a two-year contract with a team option on the second (but I'm going on failed memory and fumes right now). Any chance he'll resign with the Spurs next year? I wouldn't mind signing him up and ride the bench all year if it meant we'd have him for the playoffs - the guy has ice in his veins.

I admit I was dubious about Horry as a Spur. I'd watched him waste his physical talents for years with indifferent play. But this year he seemed revitalized--diving for loose balls and doing all the little things that a crafty veteran can do to help the team. He sounds like he wants to come back next year and he deserves it. :drunk

JUUOT
06-24-2005, 10:03 AM
horry as a player option for a one year extension. so it is his choice. but there are some pretty good signs he will be back next year. postgame interview:

"Q. You mentioned a day or two ago that right now you would rank Tim Duncan as the third best big name you've played with, would you care to change that now?
ROBERT HORRY: No. (Laughter) This is why this is why, I won two with Kareem, three with Shaq. Now if he wins it for me next year, he'll be top. "

horry would be a good bench coach for the complete forward lineup. Scloa in mind but also nazr.