PDA

View Full Version : Nando De Colo signs two-year, $2.8M with Spurs

ace3g
07-10-2012, 11:47 AM
according to Valencia official site:

http://www.valenciabasket.com/index.php?id=noticias&noti=2054

Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket

OFFICIAL: Valencia announced the departure of Nando De Colo for the Spurs with whom he will sign a two-year deal

Nando De Colo ‏@NandoDeColo

Un gros challenge : ce sera donc les Spurs...! ;-) http://fb.me/1ND3X0f9c

credit to Bruno about the Valencia link first, I didn't see it in the Ludden - Duncan thread

timvp
07-10-2012, 12:03 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/532185_10150892044781863_2054340338_n.jpg

ThaBigFundamental21
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Damn, what a day!!!

Spurtacus
07-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Someone at the guard position will be moved or waived. Spurs have too many if Mills is indeed resigned. Joseph and Denmon will need spectacular summer leagues to make the team.

bklynspursfan
07-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Really curious to see how his game translates in the big leagues.

SpurinDallas
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Some of his passing skills are Manu-esque

Bruno
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
$2.8M contract

Barcelona offered him more.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/Actualites/De-colo-rejoint-parker-aux-spurs/297699

timvp
07-10-2012, 12:19 PM
$2.8M contract

Barcelona offered him more.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/Actualites/De-colo-rejoint-parker-aux-spurs/297699

Damn, you almost called it with your $3M guess. Nice job :tu

crc21209
07-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Nice. :tu I really wanna see how his game translates to the NBA....

Spurs21Fan4Ever
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
He looks like a small Manu and from his highlights with the France team, it looks like he works very well with Tony Parker. He also runs the pick&roll well too. I'm surprised the Spurs are resigning Mills.

Sa_Spursfan20
07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Nice! Can't wait to see him in action this coming season! Thanks for the info. :toast

urunobili
07-10-2012, 12:30 PM
What will his role be?

Dex
07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Great deal; looking forward to seeing some fresh blood infused into this system.

Will also be interesting to see how Parker, De Colo, and Diaw can all play off of each other, considering how much time they've already spent together playing for France.

Looks like all the main priorities have been taken care of in the matter of about 24 hours. Shame about Lorbek, but I figured it was going to come down to either Lorbek or Diaw, and at least with Diaw we somewhat know what to expect. He can't be much more out of shape or unfamiliar than he was when he came on board late in the season, and he was a great fit then, so I am excited about his potential once he gets himself into that weight room and after a full training camp.

Dex
07-10-2012, 12:33 PM
What will his role be?

The Bringer of Donuts.

freetiago
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
this guy just doesnt look like an nba player
already have one of those in bonner
dont need more players giving confidence to opposing teams

Brazil
07-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Spurs next year are going to be a crazy passing team tbh: parker, manu, diaw, de colo, mills..thats a lot of passing skills right there

Bruno
07-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Should we call Spurs "les éperons de Saint Antoine" ? :downspin:

temujin
07-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I have a very bad feeling.
1.4 M is a LOT of money for this guy.
They must have seen something I haven't seen.

I am almost tempted to say that Bonner is cheap, compared.

timvp
07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
The Spurs must be pretty high on De Colo. $2.8 million is a lot of money for someone who is relatively unproven. To compare, that's as much guaranteed money as the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft.

I'm not sure if the Spurs view him as a backup point guard or a backup shooting guard but it's clear they like him. You don't give $2.8 million and use your BAE (which means they won't be able to use it next summer) on someone you don't expect to contribute.

Now that I think about it, did the Spurs troll Barcelona? By raising Lorbek's stock, Barcelona had to pay more money to keep him. That means they didn't have as much money to steal De Colo. Hmmmm... :smokin

Brazil
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Should we call Spurs "les éperons de Saint Antoine" ? :downspin:

I can see the whine testing contests coming !

CGD
07-10-2012, 01:19 PM
So was the mle enough to sign both Frenchmen? Or did Spurs use the BAE on De Colo?

SenorSpur
07-10-2012, 01:20 PM
The Spurs must be pretty high on De Colo. $2.8 million is a lot of money for someone who is relatively unproven. To compare, that's as much guaranteed money as the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft.

I'm not sure if the Spurs view him as a backup point guard or a backup shooting guard but it's clear they like him. You don't give $2.8 million and use your BAE (which means they won't be able to use it next summer) on someone you don't expect to contribute.

Now that I think about it, did the Spurs troll Barcelona? By raising Lorbek's stock, Barcelona had to pay more money to keep him. That means they didn't have as much money to steal De Colo. Hmmmm... :smokin

Perhaps they see De Colo as both?

timvp
07-10-2012, 01:21 PM

You must really be surprised that Barcelona supposedly offered him more.

So was the mle enough to sign both Frenchmen? Or did Spurs use the BAE on De Colo?

It had to be the BAE if this $2.8 million figure is correct.

Bruno
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Speaking of De Colo, I watched a documentary following FNT few days ago and it surprised me a little to see how fit he was.

At the 5:30 mark:
1_0ojWA-Nvg

Dex
07-10-2012, 01:28 PM
mon dieu!

a significant actual move!

so which team was better? manu's prime argentina team or the current French team?

:stirpot:

(the answer of course is manu's argentinian team, so why do we have so many frenchmen!?)

Because SCOLA THREAD!

TMTTRIO
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Someone at the guard position will be moved or waived. Spurs have too many if Mills is indeed resigned. Joseph and Denmon will need spectacular summer leagues to make the team.
Manu's probably going to retire after this season so why not hold on to them. Unless the Spurs do really good what's the point in Manu continuing? He's already accomplished as much as he's going to in the NBA.

He looks like a small Manu and from his highlights with the France team,
yeah all he need is a huge bald spot and be able to smack bats around in the at&t center (we all know how many bats are around there).:lol

Darkwaters
07-10-2012, 01:56 PM
We need to sign two more frenchmen and then the Spurs can run their offense in a foreign language to confuse the other team.

Maybe Cory Joseph is French Canadian, then we're only 1 French speaker and 2 basketball players away!

lefty
07-10-2012, 01:58 PM
" A gauche ! "

" Bosh ???!! "

Darkwaters
07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
The Spurs don't often use the BAE, so it's definitely interesting that they pulled the trigger on an unproven Euro with questions about what position he'll play - especially when they just signed Patty Mills a few hours earlier (and still have Cory Joseph on the roster and the draft rights to Marcus Denmon).

I'm going to hold my breath and assume that the Spurs know what they're doing, and think they got one hell of a player. It's definitely nice to think that we hit on another late 2nd rounder (#53).

My guess is that DeColo will be in the SG rotation as his primary role, but also serves as an emergency 3rd string PG. Pairing him with Mills might provide a nice balance of scoring and passing on the offensive end.

Neal will be shopped and likely traded, possibly in combination with Blair, Bonner, Byars or Joseph. I except a number of them won't be on the squad next season.

Denmon will be given the chance to succeed in Summer League. If he impresses then he'll be signed and brought into training camp with an opportunity to steal James Anderson's old role. My personal guess is that he goes to Europe after Summer League and we revisit him in a year or two (a la, James Gist).

8FOR!3
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
nando de colo has one great nba skill, he is a great passer he is a steve nash type of passer and if u have one great nba skill that tends to get u playing time, looks like hes taking james andersons spot and mills and joseph will be competing for minutes behind tony parker and i think we send denmon to austin to take josephs spot

See Ricky Rubio's rookie season. He's a mediocre shooter who's not very athletic, with nice size for the guard position, and can't play defense. But when it comes to passing the ball, few can do it better in the league right now. If De Colo really is that good of a passer and a decent ball handler, maybe he's an intriguing player.

07-10-2012, 02:33 PM
the backcourt is getting a little crowded. parker/ginobili/neal/green/mills/de colo now occupy the guard spots. that's almost half the active team for two positions.

Darkwaters
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
the backcourt is getting a little crowded. parker/ginobili/neal/green/mills/de colo now occupy the guard spots. that's almost half the active team for two positions.

No Cory Joseph? :depressed

But hes the future...

Kerr
07-10-2012, 02:51 PM

2,8 million is not much for this guy. De Colo can really play, pass and shoot the outside shot. A very good deal for the Spurs! Watched him in Lithuania last year @ Euros and he played really well!

ploto
07-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Pretty obvious the Spurs had no "real" money for Lorbek.

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Pretty obvious the Spurs had no "real" money for Lorbek.

He wasn't willing to accept less than market value and the Spurs couldn't offer market value without sacrificing Diaw. Both parties made the choice that best served their own interests.

temujin
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
See Ricky Rubio's rookie season. He's a mediocre shooter who's not very athletic, with nice size for the guard position, and can't play defense. But when it comes to passing the ball, few can do it better in the league right now. If De Colo really is that good of a passer and a decent ball handler, maybe he's an intriguing player.

Rubio run circles around Chris Paul in an Olympic Final at age 17.

De colo has yet to play a meaningful game at age 25.

temujin
07-10-2012, 03:04 PM
He wasn't willing to accept less than market value and the Spurs couldn't offer market value without sacrificing Diaw. Both parties made the choice that best served their own interests.

Well, it seems to me that Spurs sacrificed Lorbek for De Colo.
Signe at way above the minimum.

tuncaboylu
07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Are some people kidding or do they really thinking 1.4M per year is a lot of money in NBA?

This is a bargain deal. Remember this, he has lots of potential.

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Well, it seems to me that Spurs sacrificed Lorbek for De Colo.
Signe at way above the minimum.

That's only true if you believe that Lorbek would have signed a 2yr/4M contract.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, it seems to me that Spurs sacrificed Lorbek for De Colo.If it's going to be viewed that way, they sacrificed Lorbek for Diaw.

z0sa
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Who?

Brutalis
07-10-2012, 03:15 PM
This guy doesn't impress me at all. Seen a lot of vids and stats... and he doesn't look any better than an average NCAA div 1 player. I hope he proves me wrong though.

temujin
If it's going to be viewed that way, they sacrificed Lorbek for Diaw.

Soit.

Conservative moves.
Including giving Green 4 M for 3 years.
They could find Green from nowhere, and mede him a decent player,
and they are not confident they are capable to find another Green for cheaper.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
Speaking of De Colo, I watched a documentary following FNT few days ago and it surprised me a little to see how fit he was.

At the 5:30 mark:
1_0ojWA-Nvg

Diaw, on the other hand made sure to keep his shirt on. Hopefully he gets in shape too.

temujin
07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
That's only true if you believe that Lorbek would have signed a 2yr/4M contract.

Wasn't something left of the MLE after signing Diaw?

temujin
07-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Are some people kidding or do they really thinking 1.4M per year is a lot of money in NBA?

This is a bargain deal. Remember this, he has lots of potential.

Neal is a bargain.
Green was a bargain.
Blair is a bargain.

Joseph, not so much.
The Spurs FO is not perfect.

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Wasn't something left of the MLE after signing Diaw?

Less than 1M. You can't combine dollars from the two exceptions to sign one player.

2yrs/4M was the absolute max the Spurs could offer Lorbek once the bulk of the MLE was used for Diaw

ChumpDumper
07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Soit.

Conservative moves.
Including giving Green 4 M for 3 years.
They could find Green from nowhere, and mede him a decent player,
and they are not confident they are capable to find another Green for cheaper.What else would you have them do?

Brutalis
07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
What else would you have them do?
Penny. Fucking. Hardaway.

pad300
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM

Won't speak for Temujin, but I would have...

1) Throw the whole MLE at Kirilenko (4 years, but year 4 partially guaranteed)
2) Offer Diaw a full BAE contract ($4M/2 years), with a player option on the 2nd year, and a promise of an offer of the full MLE (from Early Bird Rights) with at least 2 guaranteed years if he opts out. If this promise is legal, write this directly into the contract if the NBA doesn't whine... (note that there is no commitment from Diaw to anything beyond year 1 - if someone offered him more than the MLE he'd be free to take it.
3) Try talk De Colo into a Vet min contract, much like Mills got.
4) Resign Duncan, Green, Mills as we have done.

Why - I think strengthening the bigs (particularly the PF spot Diaw, Bonner, Blair) is more important than improving on a strong guard rotation (Parker, Mills, Green, Manu, Neal). Talented, exceedingly mobile PFs - Kirilenko and Diaw are keys for future defensive matchups: guys like Lebron and Durant. No, you won't be able to stop them, but they need some effective pressure on them.

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
1) Throw the whole MLE at Kirilenko (4 years, but year 4 partially guaranteed)
2) Offer Diaw a full BAE contract ($4M/2 years), with a player option on the 2nd year, and a promise of an offer of the full MLE (from Early Bird Rights) with at least 2 guaranteed years if he opts out. If this promise is legal,

And when both players say no?

btw- that promise is very much against the rules. Read up on what happened to Minnesota in the Joe Smith case.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
1) lol

2) Illegal contract.

3) lol

4) :bking

People tend to see these moves in a vacuum and forget that trades are possible for the next seven months or whatever.

temujin
07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Less than 1M. You can't combine dollars from the two exceptions to sign one player.

2yrs/4M was the absolute max the Spurs could offer Lorbek once the bulk of the MLE was used for Diaw

No chance, then. Zero.
Double salary, half the games. And you are in Barcelona.

temujin
07-10-2012, 04:15 PM

green 3 M/ 3 years. Absolute max 3.5.

The Spurs system is so perfect that I feel there are a lot of Greens out there to be picked up for cheap.
De Colo for the minimum, or bye.
Mills, absolutely yes.
Lorbek Diaw, is tough. Lorbek probably has a higher ceiling, but he was a higher risk, also.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
green 3 M/ 3 years. Absolute max 3.5.That really changes nothing.

De Colo for the minimum, or bye.OK, spend that money on what?

Lorbek Diaw, is tough. Lorbek probably has a higher ceiling, but he was a higher risk, also.True enough.

timvp
07-10-2012, 04:20 PM
green 3 M/ 3 years. Absolute max 3.5.Green signed for 3.76. I doubt that extra $26,000 changes anything.

The Spurs system is so perfect that I feel there are a lot of Greens out there to be picked up for cheap.Have you forgotten how many D-League scrubs the Spurs have gone through over the years? Dozens. Green is the first one that stuck. To say the Spurs could simply go find another Green ignores the fact that it took a loooooooooong time to find one D-Leaguer that was good enough.

Knoxxx
07-10-2012, 04:25 PM
De Colo looks like a less athletic, but more under control, version of Manu to me.

Manu attempted some BONEHEADED plays in the playoffs that cost us. He needs to understand that otherworldly passes mean nothing if the recipient is incapable of handling them. If you watched and think back now, how many times did you just want to STRANGLE Manu against OKC?

(and I realize he had two great plays taken away due to bad/bogust calls in game 6, but I am talking about a large volume of other bad turnovers he caused)

siraulo23
07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
^ manu replacement!!!!

:lol

Knoxxx
07-10-2012, 04:35 PM
^ manu replacement!!!!

Not hardly. More of a natural 1 guard than Manu. Will be able to play some two, but not ever at the level of prime Manu on either side of the ball.

In his prime, Manu could go toe to toe with any SG in the league. Saying De Colo could do that is ridiculous.

pad300
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM
And when both players say no?

btw- that promise is very much against the rules. Read up on what happened to Minnesota in the Joe Smith case.

1) lol

2) Illegal contract.

3) lol

4) :bking

People tend to see these moves in a vacuum and forget that trades are possible for the next seven months or whatever.

It's quite possible Kirilenko says no. But we didn't try. That's a bad sign...
If Kirilenko says no, then you're back where we currently are, and maybe your offer the current contract to Diaw - it's not a bad contract in a vacuum - I just think there was opportunity here.

Regarding the illegal contract, I'll just say that I'm pretty sure we've made arrangements like this before - see the ridiculous case of one Richard Jefferson opting out and re-signing...

Both of you are sitting there all cushy. Straight question. Do you think the guards are the weak link in the current set up. Is that where we should be prioritizing our effort.

dunkman
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Is he any good?

Spurs151
07-10-2012, 04:47 PM
My inside source just informed me de Colo or mills haven't signed anything yet. They are still in meetings about it

Brazil
07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Is he any good?

no he sucks

Solid D
07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
If Kirilenko says no, then you're back where we currently are...

http://fromrussiawithdunk.com/2012/07/09/andrei-kirilenko-to-stay-with-cska-moscow/

http://www.eurohoops.net/2012/07/dunks/7100

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 04:49 PM
If Kirilenko says no, then you're back where we currently are, and maybe your offer the current contract to Diaw - it's not a bad contract in a vacuum - I just think there was opportunity here.

Kirilenko to San Antonio for the MLE is an absurd pipedream. Pursuing that pipedream could well have cost them Diaw.

Regarding the illegal contract, I'll just say that I'm pretty sure we've made arrangements like this before - see the ridiculous case of one Richard Jefferson opting out and re-signing...

The scenario you described is illegal under the CBA. Period.

Both of you are sitting there all cushy. Straight question. Do you think the guards are the weak link in the current set up. Is that where we should be prioritizing our effort.

I have no idea what that means and I didn't say anything to suggest that I agree with what follows. You can take that question up with someone who took such a position.

TD 21
07-10-2012, 04:50 PM

I'm a little surprised by the money, but I still think they view him as the fifth guard. Depth is crucial at all positions on this team though, given that only one player averages at or in excess of 30 mpg. You think about the back court specifically: Parker and Ginobili will be coming off of playing into June and playing in the Olympics, they're now both in their 30's, Ginobili is all but guaranteed to suffer at least one injury during the season and the likely primary backup point, Mills, has not proven unequivocally that he can fill that role period, let alone for a championship contender. So they need insurance.

dunkman
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
They have 4 PG's, perhaps they will move TP !? Or Corey goes to Austin until the rookie contract expires.

dunkman
07-10-2012, 05:02 PM
no he sucks

I guess he's really good since he got 2x as much as Neal, but Mills is good too, neither is a third stringer PG type of player.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2012, 05:06 PM
If Kirilenko says no, then you're back where we currently are, and maybe your offer the current contract to Diaw - it's not a bad contract in a vacuum - I just think there was opportunity here.If he signs anywhere for the MLE, you'll have a point.

Regarding the illegal contract, I'll just say that I'm pretty sure we've made arrangements like this before - see the ridiculous case of one Richard Jefferson opting out and re-signing...I'm not saying wink-wink deals don't happen. I'm saying what you proposed is illegal.

Both of you are sitting there all cushy.It's a nice chair.

Straight question. Do you think the guards are the weak link in the current set up. Is that where we should be prioritizing our effort.Obviously the priority was securing Diaw, who drew interest from several teams. You can think that the Spurs are done for the entire year, I choose not to.

temujin
07-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Green signed for 3.76. I doubt that extra $26,000 changes anything.

I thought 12 M 3 years.

Have you forgotten how many D-League scrubs the Spurs have gone through over the years? Dozens. Green is the first one that stuck. To say the Spurs could simply go find another Green ignores the fact that it took a loooooooooong time to find one D-Leaguer that was good enough.

I doubt you find good players in the D-league.
Nobody would believe Green would have been ready for the NBA over several Euroleague players, last December. Including Pop, according to "we didn't even know whether he could make the team" statement.
I like Green, from the very start of the season and the bad OKC series has no part in my judgement.
I know other teams are throwing money randomly to mediocre players, and you can make a case green is cheaper than X, but still he comes at a higher price than I thought.

pad300
07-10-2012, 05:08 PM
http://fromrussiawithdunk.com/2012/07/09/andrei-kirilenko-to-stay-with-cska-moscow/
Sure, lets read some
"his immense success with Moscow probably led him to reconsider returning to the NBA.

In Utah, Kirilenko had fallen out of favor with the coaching staff, and it seemed as if his playing days were done. However, his sudden resurgence in Moscow put him back on the radar, as he won both the Euroleague MVP and the Russian league championship last season."

Yep, he'd be playing for us and would have a good shot at the starting job.

"he would have been too expensive for the Nets to afford right now"

Yep, all the Nets could currently offer him is the vet min - something on the order of $1 Million for 1 year. He's currently making 3M euros a year (post taxe) in Russia for 2 more seasons. Which is to say he is making MLE money. We offer him 3 years and partially guaranteed 4th, he'll think hard about it.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2012/07/dunks/7100

"Many NBA teams courted him, with three of them offering him very good contracts in order to lure him back in the States. "

I'd like to know who offered what. I'm pretty sure that a real chance to ring would interest him greatly.

Brazil
07-10-2012, 05:10 PM
They have 4 PG's, perhaps they will move TP !? Or Corey goes to Austin until the rookie contract expires.

no they won't move TP

ChumpDumper
07-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I doubt you find good players in the D-league.Two or three are found pretty much every season. Sure, you have to pick the right ones -- but they are there.

temujin
07-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Two or three are found pretty much every season. Sure, you have to pick the right ones -- but they are there.

No doubt, but even then, I doubt they will be tested the way Euroleague players are tested in some of the arenas here. Battle tested, literally.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2012, 05:29 PM
No doubt, but even then, I doubt they will be tested the way Euroleague players are tested in some of the arenas here. Battle tested, literally.Eh, a good number of players from there flame out in the NBA rather famously too.

Obstructed_View
07-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah, look at him take on those stairs!

objective
07-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Count me in as being pleased that the Spurs brought him over.

ploto
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM

Actually, the Spurs made the choice.

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 06:06 PM

Ok. I wasn't privy to the discussions between the Spurs and Lorbek.

BackHome
07-10-2012, 06:14 PM

The the RC and Pop #cked up again the same crap they did with Scola and drafting CJ and signing Boner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang

taps
07-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Eh, a good number of players from there flame out in the NBA rather famously too.

But once in a generation someone truly great comes along.

http://www.euroleague.net/rs/28612/7dd1e5a9-6d1e-44ba-805c-0858188b732f/8aa/filename/spanoulis.jpg

BackHome
07-10-2012, 06:19 PM

I am almost tempted to say that Bonner is cheap, compared.

Dude how his this a bad contract look how much we are paying Millls?

Knoxxx
07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Count me in as being pleased that the Spurs brought him over.

Me too or else we have the same exact team thus far. At least now we can hope for some slight improvement.

NickiRasgo
07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Can he be the "Rookie Manu" of 2002-2003? And won the championship. Hopefully! :lobt2:

racm
07-10-2012, 07:08 PM
If Rookie Kawhi got the Spurs to the WCF...

SpurPadre
07-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Well, at least I'll know what to call him when he's good and when he's bad: De COOL-O when he's good, and De CULO when he's bad.

JustinJDW
07-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Looking forward to see how the guy turns out.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-10-2012, 08:34 PM
You must really be surprised that Barcelona supposedly offered him more.

It had to be the BAE if this $2.8 million figure is correct.

You don't think Diaw's 4.6M annual left enough room to squeeze in DeColo's 1.4M? Seems like a tight, but possible fit.

timvp
07-10-2012, 08:37 PM
You don't think Diaw's 4.6M annual left enough room to squeeze in DeColo's 1.4M? Seems like a tight, but possible fit.

No, the MLE is only $5M. Diaw's contract is the MLE minus a minimum salary or about $4.5M.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-10-2012, 09:01 PM
No, the MLE is only $5M. Diaw's contract is the MLE minus a minimum salary or about $4.5M.
Didn't realize it dropped with the new CBA. It was $5.8+ just a couple of years ago.

Thanks.

Mel_13
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Didn't realize it dropped with the new CBA. It was $5.8+ just a couple of years ago.

Thanks.

Max MLE went from 5/32 to 4/21.

DMC
07-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Beno 2.0

SpurPadre
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Beno 2.0

Nah, Beno is a turnover machine, especially when he was a Spur but Nando is known for his good handles.

racm
07-10-2012, 11:27 PM
De Colo is a good ball handler and passer. He sucks at getting to the rim and defending his man.

Duncan2177
07-10-2012, 11:29 PM
De Colo is a good ball handler and passer. He sucks at getting to the rim and defending his man.

Uh yea just the kind of player we need.:rolleyes

ElNono
07-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I expect him to need at least a season to learn the league... happens to almost every foreigner... he's just a project right now...

racm
07-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Can't be worse than Neal though. :lol

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, look at him take on those stairs!

I saw that and immediately thought of the supposed French appreciation for Jerry Lewis-style slapstick...maybe that's actually true? Ha.

Darkwaters
07-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Anybody thats complaining about the sizes of the contracts we've signed in the last 24 hours....look at other team across the league and tell me if they wouldn't be ecstatic at these salary rates if they had signed their free agents to them. This front office did a really good job. If you can't admit that then you're just hating because you want to hate about something.

Darkwaters
07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Green signed for 3.76. I doubt that extra $26,000 changes anything.

It's actually a difference of $260,000 - but not an overly major concern. About half of what a 2nd rounder on a minimum contract makes.

temujin
07-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Dude how his this a bad contract look how much we are paying Millls?

So, De Colo will be better than 10 ppg in 15', with 42.9% from 3.
Playing Pop's backup PG, a position in which just about everybody failed over the last 10 years.

Interesting.

ace3g
07-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Valencia just posted this :

BchrCEZyVZs

dylankerouac
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Looks good.

gambit1990
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Valencia just posted this :

BchrCEZyVZs

he's a better passer than i thought. i don't expect him to be a beast defensively, but how is he on that end? has to be better than neal, right?

ace3g
07-11-2012, 01:12 PM
He probably won't be the best defender/scorer in the league but at 6'5 it will help him see the court (especially with his passing ability) and his size should help him grab a few boards from time to time.

dunkman
07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Great shooting mechanics and good arch on every shot, his passing looks real good too. Hopefully he can play some defense.

SpurPadre
07-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Great shooting mechanics and good arch on every shot, his passing looks real good too. Hopefully he can play some defense.

And at 24 at the moment, he still has room to improve his game. He's not 28 going on 29 like Lorbek who is pretty much who he is at his stage in his career. He most likely doesn't have a high ceiling like DG but I'm sure Pop will make good use of his skills and he'll be a solid addition to the bench. Dude can speak Spanish along with French so he'll be a great communicator with Manu and TP and Boris.

racm
07-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Especially if he learns from Manu the art of chaotic plays.

tesseractive
07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Can't be worse than Neal though. :lol
From what I've seen he's nowhere near as bad as Neal as a defender, but he's better at defending the 2 than the 1, so he's likely to be more effective playing alongside someone like Danny (or Denmon, if he makes the squad and the rotation) who can defend opposing point guards.

racm
07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I can envision a Mills/De Colo backcourt in garbage time/last season games. Mills is the better scorer whilst De Colo is the better ball handler.

Seventyniner
07-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm looking forward to a Parker/De Colo/Manu/Diaw/Duncan lineup. We thought the passing this past season was sick, just wait for that lineup!

tesseractive
07-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm looking forward to a Parker/De Colo/Manu/Diaw/Duncan lineup. We thought the passing this past season was sick, just wait for that lineup!
You're right -- when the worst passer on the floor is Tim, that's quite a lineup.

racm
07-11-2012, 09:57 PM
You're right -- when the worst passer on the floor is Tim, that's quite a lineup.

The worst passer on that lineup averages 3 assists a game. :ihit

therealtruth
07-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Mills had a ridiculous PER in limited minutes.

SpurPadre
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM

As long as it doesn't lead to overpassing and guys not wanting to take the big shot in the playoffs.

racm
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM
His per 36 stats are eye-popping too.

ace3g
07-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Paul Garcia PS ‏@24writer

"Boris is coming back, Patty Mills finished today, and Nando De Colo."-Buford confirms all 3 signings #Spurs

"Speaks French, he's a skilled guard, he can go back and forth at the 1 & 2."-Buford on Nando De Colo.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
lol speaks French

AFBlue
07-13-2012, 12:59 PM
lol speaks French

Will become critical when Turiaf and Ajinça are signed.

AFBlue
07-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Good insight from RC though that they do see him in both guard roles for the Spurs. Tells me they believe he can do both well enough in the NBA.

Ocotillo
07-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, they do think Gary Neal and Roger Mason Jr. can run the point too.

AFBlue
07-13-2012, 01:25 PM

They didn't ask Neal to play the point in his first year, and only did it reluctantly due to lack of options. Mason had actually spent some time at lead guard before coming to the Spurs, so it's understandable why they put him in that position.

SpurPadre
07-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Will become critical when Turiaf and Ajinça are signed.

I'm surprised he didn't mention that De Colo also speaks some Spanish, which will be useful with Manu in case they wanna throw some more teams off on the floor.

DesignatedT
07-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Only asked Neal to play point once TJ Ford had to retire.

bklynspursfan
07-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Interesting...

Buford had one interesting financial wrinkle. He said Mills and De Colo's deals did not come out of the midlevel exception. #Spurs

AFBlue
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Interesting...

Means De Colo was BAE and Mills was the Non-Bird exception.

bklynspursfan
07-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Means De Colo was BAE and Mills was the Non-Bird exception.

Is that what was expected to be? I wasn't sure if that meant anything in terms of saving $$

AFBlue
07-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Is that what was expected to be? I wasn't sure if that meant anything in terms of saving $$

It's what was speculated, so it's not a surprising confirmation. Means the Spurs have enough of the MLE left to sign a summer leaguer to a multi-year deal if they choose.

bklynspursfan
07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
It's what was speculated, so it's not a surprising confirmation. Means the Spurs have enough of the MLE left to sign a summer leaguer to a multi-year deal if they choose.

Got it, appreciate you putting it in simple terms. :toast

Bruno
07-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Official signing press release :
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/120713_decolo

slick'81
07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
like his size and he seems like a willing passer really hope he can be a solid rotation player

Solid D
07-13-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.slapinou.com/wp-content/uploads/on-the-road-to-london-la-serie.jpg

60% of Les Bleus starters officially on board with the Spurs, now.

100%duncan
07-13-2012, 06:40 PM
The coolest name we had since Ginobili.

De Coloooooooooooooo

ElNono
07-13-2012, 07:03 PM
I can see the whine testing contests coming !

As long as it's not "la reddition de Saint-Antoine"... :downspin:

Redshadows
07-13-2012, 08:32 PM
http://www.slapinou.com/wp-content/uploads/on-the-road-to-london-la-serie.jpg

60% of Les Bleus starters officially on board with the Spurs, now.
France Spurs or San Antonio France.

racm
07-13-2012, 09:03 PM
The Spurs won a championship with two Argentinians. Can they do it with three Frenchmen?

SpurPadre
07-13-2012, 09:18 PM
The Spurs won a championship with two Argentinians. Can they do it with three Frenchmen?

I'll do you one better: can they do it with three Frenchmen, two Argentines (Scola?), all carrying one huge fucking bum (Bonner)?

Mr. Body
07-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Spurs are transforming into a true International-style team (ball-movements, cuts). If they can't get to the Finals this year, they could probably move to the Euroleague.

Ginobilly
07-14-2012, 12:55 AM
His parents are from Portugal who migrated to France.
The 2013 Spurs international Romance connection!
Parker speaking to De Colo in French which De Colo speaks to Splitter in Portuguese when in turn speaks Spanish to Manu which delivers it in English to Timmay!

racm
07-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Don't Kobe and Pau talk to each other in Spanish?

DMC
07-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Don't Kobe and Pau talk to each other in Spanish?
Kobe speaks Italian fluently, but his Spanish is spotty.

DeadlyDynasty
07-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Who the fuck is this guy?

Mel_13
07-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Who the fuck is this guy?

A French rookie to bring Tony his morning croissant and carry his bags on road trips.

mudyez
07-15-2012, 03:04 AM
I really like him, but overall he should be the second coming of Gary Neal even if he prevails.

Bruno
07-15-2012, 03:45 AM
Realgm trade tool has him at about a $1.4M salary which confirms the $2.8M/2 years figure.

TDMVPDPOY
07-15-2012, 07:44 AM
whats teh chances of the 3 talkin in french not to pass it to the argy sg?

DMC
07-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Nah, Beno is a turnover machine, especially when he was a Spur but Nando is known for his good handles.
He hasn't played in the NBA yet, bro.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Realgm trade tool has him at about a $1.4M salary which confirms the $2.8M/2 years figure.

Or, they just read it online like everyone else.

Bruno
07-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Or, they just read it online like everyone else.

No, their salary numbers come through league sources.

CGD
07-15-2012, 10:38 AM
No, their salary numbers come through league sources.

So based on their information, do you have a sense of what the final salary figures are for each of the Spurs' recent signings? I'm curious about the final numbers for Green and Boris.

Mel_13
07-15-2012, 10:45 AM
So based on their information, do you have a sense of what the final salary figures are for each of the Spurs' recent signings? I'm curious about the final numbers for Green and Boris.

Tim: 9.6
Boris: 4.5
Danny: 3.5
Patty: 1.1

Just select the Spurs and do the necessary math:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker

ace3g
07-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Describing Nando de Colo, Pop calls him "a poor man's Danny Ainge." I think that's meant to be a compliment.

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 08:52 PM
If he isn't as good as D-Wade I will be very upset.

CGD
07-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Describing Nando de Colo, Pop calls him "a poor man's Danny Ainge." I think that's meant to be a compliment.

Hmmm.... is this good?

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
TBH, he really reminds me of Mike Dunleavy, no joke. Similar type of skillset and athletic ability.

Brazil
07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
TBH, he really reminds me of Mike Dunleavy, no joke. Similar type of skillset and athletic ability.

Dunleavy ? I dont see it

timvp
07-16-2012, 09:06 PM
De Colo is nothing like Dunleavy.

Brazil
07-16-2012, 09:14 PM
De Colo is nothing like Dunleavy.

maybe for the 3 pts part of their game but thats about it

I dont remember for instance being a good passer

timvp
07-16-2012, 09:16 PM

I hadn't thought of that comparison but that's pretty good. Ainge had PG skills but was big enough and score well enough to also play shooting guard. If De Colo is going to make it, I think that's the type of player he is going to have to be. He could thrive as a point guard who moonlights as a shooting guard but probably not if it's the other way around.

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 09:18 PM
To me the comparison comes from the skillset - both don't seem to excel in any one area, but have decent all around game (passing/shooting). Both are mediocre athletes that seem to find ways to make plays.

Not identical player obviously, but to me that is the skill set/type De Colo reminds me of with regards to impact.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2012, 09:18 PM
So now all we need is a rich-man's Dennis Johnson.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2012, 09:19 PM
To me the comparison comes from the skillset - both don't seem to excel in anyone area, but have decent all around game (passing/shooting). Both are mediocre athletes that seem to find ways to make plays.

Not identical player obviously, but to me that is the skill set/type De Colo reminds me of with regards to impact.

You must be thinking of a different Danny Ainge.

http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/exhibitionist/dan_ainge_autograph.jpg

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
maybe for the 3 pts part of their game but thats about it

I dont remember for instance being a good passer

He is a solid passer. Again, the comparison to me comes more from they way they play with their physical abilities. It's more about a feel for the game they have and some abilities to run an offense effectively, but not as the main focal point.

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
You must be thinking of a different Danny Ainge.

I was talking about De Colo.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2012, 09:21 PM
I was talking about De Colo.

Sorry, I could have sworn you said "both are mediocre athletes".

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Sorry, I could have sworn you said "both are mediocre athletes".

I did - but that was between my De Colo and Dunleavy comparison.

Obviously Dun is a SF so it's not a natural comparision, but De Colo reminds of a PG/SG version of Dunleavy based on my reasoning above.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
I did - but that was between my De Colo and Dunleavy comparison.

Obviously Dun is a SF so it's not a natural comparision, but De Colo reminds of a PG/SG version of Dunleavy based on my reasoning above.

:lmao Okay then I was completely confused. My apologies.

timvp
07-16-2012, 09:25 PM
To me the comparison comes from the skillset - both don't seem to excel in anyone area, but have decent all around game (passing/shooting). Both are mediocre athletes that seem to find ways to make plays.

Other than both being pale and both being able to shoot, I don't see anything else similar. Dunleavy is an immobile 6-foot-9 small forward who makes decent stationary passes. De Colo is a 6-foot-5 point guard who thrives on passing on the move. Dunleavy is a poor athlete. De Colo is an above average athlete quickness-wise for a 6-foot-5 guy. Dunleavy survives mostly on having a high IQ and being fundamental. De Colo plays off of instinct and had a rep before this year of not being fundamental enough. Dunleavy has to sag into the paint whenever possible to avoid getting burned defensively. De Colo, in Europe at least, is able to pressure the basketball a little bit.

Close to opposites, tbh.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Are we talking about Dunleavy Jr or Sr?

Solid D
07-16-2012, 10:25 PM
I think Ainge hustled a lot more than De Colo does. As in all the time. He was a pest.

So, I see Nando more as a not-so-much-hustling, non-floppy haired, poor man's version of Danny Ainge.

Em-City
07-17-2012, 12:10 AM
lol... DPG steps to the plate...... swwwwwingandamiss

Obstructed_View
07-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Surround De Colo with four hall of famers and I'm sure he could have as much success as Ainge.

Bruno
07-17-2012, 03:26 AM
The main reason to have some kind of optimism about De Colo is that Spurs have signed him.

First, Spurs were loaded with guards (Parker, Ginobili, Green, Neal, Mills, Joseph, Denmon). It's not like Spurs had a big hole in their roster that needed to be filled.
Second, while a $2.8M contract is fully justified by De Colo market value in Europe, it's still a lot of money for a NAB rookie.

To sump up, Spurs, a team that has heavily scouted De Colo for 3 years, has signed him to a big contract for a rookie while he wasn't really filling a position need. They must have really seen something in him to do that.

racm
07-17-2012, 04:01 AM
Surround De Colo with four hall of famers and I'm sure he could have as much success as Ainge.

would 3 hofers be enough?

The main reason to have some kind of optimism about De Colo is that Spurs have signed him.

First, Spurs were loaded with guards (Parker, Ginobili, Green, Neal, Mills, Joseph, Denmon). It's not like Spurs had a big hole in their roster that needed to be filled.
Second, while a $2.8M contract is fully justified by De Colo market value in Europe, it's still a lot of money for a NAB rookie.

To sump up, Spurs, a team that has heavily scouted De Colo for 3 years, has signed him to a big contract for a rookie while he wasn't really filling a position need. They must have really seen something in him to do that.

All about the future. Manu's on the last year of his contract, for one.

Supergirl
07-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, the Spurs excelled last year because of their exceptional passing and efficient offense. de Colo will help them continue this.

What they need now is to resign Blair and pick up an athletic wingman who can guard other teams' big men on the perimeter - that's what what missing last year against OKC.

T Park
07-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah cause athletic swing men grow on trees.

ace3g
07-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah cause athletic swing men grow on trees.

No, but Dominic McGuire is still available. He does all the little things: rebounds, steals, blocks etc; has the speed to stay with players on the perimeter and enough strength not to get too overwhelmed in the paint.

DesignatedT
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Spurs need to replace Bonner/Blair with another big. Off-season over.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Given the glut of guards, it'll be interesting to see how Pop plans to use this guy. Will he sit at the end of the bench and learn the system? Will he be the backup PG and relegate Mills to the end of the bench? Or will he play PG/SG in spots?

Personally, I hope Mills is intended as the backup PG because I think he's perfect to run the second team as a guy who can create but can also score if things get stagnant.

And my guess is that we won't see much DeColo beyond garbage time next season, but that if he shows some promise he'll be the 1st or 2nd SG in his second season, taking over from a retiring Manu.

racm
07-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Mills is also fast. Haven't had a PG duo this quick since Parker/Claxton, oddly enough.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-18-2012, 03:25 AM
Given the glut of guards, it'll be interesting to see how Pop plans to use this guy. Will he sit at the end of the bench and learn the system? Will he be the backup PG and relegate Mills to the end of the bench? Or will he play PG/SG in spots?

Personally, I hope Mills is intended as the backup PG because I think he's perfect to run the second team as a guy who can create but can also score if things get stagnant.

And my guess is that we won't see much DeColo beyond garbage time next season, but that if he shows some promise he'll be the 1st or 2nd SG in his second season, taking over from a retiring Manu.

(Have put this up again because it's at the bottom of page 7 [may not get seen] and I really want people's thoughts :) ).

Mills is also fast. Haven't had a PG duo this quick since Parker/Claxton, oddly enough.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Mills could learn a lot from Parker because he's quick enough to get to the rim, or to a 12ft teardrop, any time he likes, and if Parker can teach him how to maximise his driving game that will be a great compliment to Mills' streaky 3pt shooting.

I really like Mills, and not just because he's from my city, Canberra. I think he could be a spark-plug for the team off the bench, which would free up Pop to use Manu however he liked and get him more rest.

As the team is currently constructed, we need more than one superb game in the WCFs from Manu to win, or we need others to provide what Manu provides - a scoring and playmaking spark off the bench - which, as we all saw, faltered so painfully against OKC this year. I really think Mills, Jax and Diaw will be able to help out with those things next season. Can't wait to see them after a full pre-season together. :D

jiggy_55
07-18-2012, 05:27 AM
I'd like De Colo to get a chance and show what he can do, and not be relegated to the bench. In practice and in games, Mills and De Colo will obviously fight it out to be the backup PG.

While I like Mills, and he is a good yet streaky shooter who can hustle and make plays, De Colo is definitely more intriguing and if polished enough can bring more to the table with his creativity and passing, and also his 6 ft 5 frame gives him additional opportunities to play SG at times and defend bigger players.

BackHome
07-18-2012, 11:29 PM
I see them also playing together since De Colo can play SG on defense and PG on offense. Mills has a sweet outside shot very similar player to Neal..

CGD
07-18-2012, 11:48 PM
You have to think Gary Neal is on his way out. Key factors -- the aforementioned glut of guards (btw Cory has been great in summer league), and the fact that he's going to be looking for a much deserved pay raise a year from now. Doubt the Spurs look to commit to the guy beyond this season anyway.

Duncan2177
07-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Why do the spurs have so many guards? What was the point of signing De Colo when he might be at the end of the bench and we have Mills backing up Parker? And they have Manu,Green and Neal at the 2 guard. What a waste of money. I'm sorry but I just don't get the spurs FO sometimes. :bang

TDMVPDPOY
07-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Why do the spurs have so many guards? What was the point of signing De Colo when he might be at the end of the bench and we have Mills backing up Parker? And they have Manu,Green and Neal at the 2 guard. What a waste of money. I'm sorry but I just don't get the spurs FO sometimes. :bang

the point is not de colo, the point is why did they wasted a draft pick on another combo guard, when de colo is a combo guard

i can see pop playing jax/kl at the 4 if needed, pushing guys like green/ja/gino/ through the 2/3 positions...

Solid D
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM

Gary Neal has an $850K non-guaranteed contract. Not really a sense of permanancy, is there?

Keepin' it real
07-19-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry but I just don't get the spurs FO sometimes. :bang

I hear ya! The best they've been able to do is field teams that have set an NBA record with 15 consecutive 50-win seasons, and 4 NBA titles along the way. What a bunch of morons, the Spurs FO. :rolleyes

Solid D
07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Spurs 2011-12 end of season roster......Spurs 2012-13 Current Roster
Tim Duncan.......................................Tim Duncan
Boris Diaw.........................................Boris Diaw
Kawhi Leonard...................................Kawhi Leonard
Danny Green.....................................Danny Green
Tony Parker......................................Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili.....................................Manu Ginobili
Stephen Jackson...............................Stephen Jackson
Gary Neal.........................................Gary Neal
Tiago Splitter....................................Tiago Splitter
Matt Bonner......................................Matt Bonner
DeJuan Blair......................................DeJuan Blair
James Anderson..............................Nando De Colo
Patty Mills........................................Patty Mills
Cory Joseph (Inactive).......................Cory Joseph

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Lakers :lol

Kobe ------ Kobe
Pau ------ Pau
Bynum ------ Dwight Howard
Artest ------ Artest
Sessions ---- Steve Nash

:lol WC

pad300
07-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Kobe (33) ------ Kobe (34)
Pau (31) ------ Pau (32)
Bynum (24) ------ Dwight Howard (27)
Artest (32 ------ Artest (33)
Sessions (26) ---- Steve Nash (39)

Really, thats a hell of a lot of OLD to be counting on for starting roles with basically zip depth behind them...

It's also a lot of egos for Nash to keep happy with this distribution. ALL 4 other starters have pouted over # of shot attempts at one point or another of their careers.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-19-2012, 09:29 PM

Kobe ------ Kobe
Pau ------ Pau
Bynum ------ Dwight Howard
Artest ------ Artest
Sessions ---- Steve Nash

Bynum will have to commit to re-signing with ORL first, and I doubt he will. Also, LAL can't give ORL much in the way of salary breaks. LAL doesn't make much sense for ORL as a trade partner.

I think it's far more likely that ORL waits until Jan 15 then takes Lopez and all that expiring salary from the NETS for D12.

racm
07-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Really, thats a hell of a lot of OLD to be counting on for starting roles with basically zip depth behind them...

It's also a lot of egos for Nash to keep happy with this distribution. ALL 4 other starters have pouted over # of shot attempts at one point or another of their careers.

At least Payton and Malone didn't really care about FGAs. Not to mention the Spurs could have 3-peated if Fisher didn't roll a 20 on his 3. :depressed

wildbill2u
07-19-2012, 10:10 PM
I hear ya! The best they've been able to do is field teams that have set an NBA record with 15 consecutive 50-win seasons, and 4 NBA titles along the way. What a bunch of morons, the Spurs FO. :rolleyes

You forgot that the last two seasons they also happened to finish first in the Western Conference and either 1 or 2 in the whole league. And the last 50 game season was in a short 62 game season.

I don't see how the FO and Coaches can look at themselves in the mirror.:(

racm
07-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah, how dare they not go after the big name FAs and trade young players for big names!