PDA

View Full Version : Of the rich, by the rich, for the rich

RandomGuy
07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
The rivers of money flowing into the campaigns, and the secret political organizations for the Republicans is a bit daunting.

The only people to benefit to any degree from the economy of the last 30 years are fighting so that the rest of us can shoulder the burden of running the country they have shifted to us.

Its a bit shocking how naked and rabidly partisan it gets. Government by whacky billionaires club.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-hamptons-fundraiser-20120708,0,4909639.story

The line of Range Rovers, BMWs, Porsche roadsters and one gleaming cherry red Ferrari began queuing outside of Revlon Chairman Ronald Perelman's estate off Montauk Highway long before Romney arrived, as campaign aides and staffers in white polo shirts emblazoned with the logo of Perelman's property -- the Creeks -- checked off names under tight security.

A New York City donor a few cars back, who also would not give her name, said Romney needed to do a better job connecting. "I don't think the common person is getting it," she said from the passenger seat of a Range Rover stamped with East Hampton beach permits. "Nobody understands why Obama is hurting them.

"We've got the message," she added. "But my college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies -- everybody who's got the right to vote -- they don't understand what's going on. I just think if you're lower income -- one, you're not as educated, two, they don't understand how it works, they don't understand how the systems work, they don't understand the impact."

Wow. "Stupid poor people, you just dont' get it."

Really?

boutons_deux
07-10-2012, 01:12 PM
trashes a few stupid quote by Repug cheerleaders of C-U abortion.

Moyers: The Cowardly Lions of 'Free Speech'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-moyers/watch-the-cowardly-lions_b_1659102.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

Most of Americans "don't get it", and don't fricking care to get it. They are fully disaffected by politics and don't bother to vote. Some, like myself, do "get" the US democracy is Of the rich, by the rich, for the rich and that Human-Americans' votes don't count. Corporate-Americans votes DO count, along with the 1%ers.

101A
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
trashes a few stupid quote by Repug cheerleaders of C-U abortion.

Moyers: The Cowardly Lions of 'Free Speech'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-moyers/watch-the-cowardly-lions_b_1659102.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

Most of Americans "don't get it", and don't fricking care to get it. They are fully disaffected by politics and don't bother to vote. Some, like myself, do "get" the US democracy is Of the rich, by the rich, for the rich and that Human-Americans' votes don't count. Corporate-Americans votes DO count, along with the 1%ers.

Saw that Moyer's bit on PBS.

RG is claiming the woman's statement above that "Poor people don't get it" is ridiculous; calling them dumb and all that.

Then, in the Moyer's diatribe; Bill rants about how all of the money the corps can spend on ADVERTISEMENTS slamming the president isn't fair....

Which one of US (on this forum) is actually influenced by political advertisements? I know there are people who ARE influenced, but aren't they influenced SPECIFICALLY because of how stupid and gullible they are?

You can't have it both ways, either the "regular people" are NOT stupid; and the advertisements are just throwing money away, or those people are simply sheep to the slaughter, easily influenced by advertisements (or biased journalism).

I vote for stupid - and it's why conservatives get so mad about biased Journalism (Moyers on PUBLIC broadcasting, btw). Plato said over two thousand years ago that stupidity, ultimately, was why democracy couldn't work.

Oh, and the woman in the Land Rover sounded stupid, if self interested, as well....not to mention, you think the parking lots of Obama's fund raising events aren't full of Porsche's and MB's?