PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lowe, SI: Tim Duncan’s return

jjktkk
07-10-2012, 04:37 PM
IMO, a pretty good perspective on the Spurs championship aspirations, as well as the future.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/07/10/tim-duncan-spurs-nba-title/

SPURSCHAMP
07-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Good read, does anyone know the cap space situation next year if ginobili decides to play and takes like a 2 year 16 million contract matching the same time Timmy comes off the books?

Wild Cobra Kai
07-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Not sure what the structure of Tim's deal is, but it may be like Dice's, two years played and a cherry on top in year three with a partial guarantee. Other than Green, both other contracts for support players (Diaw, DeColo) were for two years. That seems like their window, unless they snag someone next summer.

Manu is pretty much breaking down in front of us. I think he's done after this year. He was healthy and rested for the playoffs, and still couldn't exert his will on the game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Good article.

For the past few years I honestly thought Tim and Pop would retire together at the end of the 2011-12 season, but given the FO's amazimg re-tooling on the fly, it's great to see them stay on to have a run at a couple more championships. I have a strange feeling they're going to get to the Finals again in the next two years, too... anything can happen. ;)