PDA

View Full Version : Nando de Colo?

Ace
07-10-2012, 11:03 PM
That's the Spurs best off season addition? :lmao

koriwhat
07-10-2012, 11:06 PM
we can't all be gifted a championship + 2 top 10 sg's.

pass1st
07-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Spurs take what they can get, hardly anybody wants to play there tbh.

ElNono
07-10-2012, 11:16 PM
More frenchies, ugh...

Stalin
07-10-2012, 11:40 PM
we get rayray and rashard lewis, while spurfan gets nando del colol

Koolaid_Man
07-10-2012, 11:47 PM

Nando de Colo? - is that some kind of new cheese for my Nacho's

hater
07-11-2012, 08:21 AM
nando boom

Bill_Brasky
07-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Nando > Dirk

Calispursfan11
07-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Spurs were right there with their current squad in the western conf finals. De Colo gives them another playmaker and backup to TP. There's no reason to think they will drop off significantly this year. They will be right back up there in the top 4 teams. Btw, Rayray is a TOSB now.

8FOR!3
07-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Will get a big one way or another in free agency. Blair, Bonner, they'll all be gone. James Anderson will be gone unless he proves to the FO he'll have a different kind of year.

VBM
07-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Nando de Asshole :lol

WeNeedLength
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
No one wants to play for the Spurs :cry:cry:cry

Spurs da champs
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM

:lol Rashard Lewis!

VBM
07-11-2012, 12:19 PM

:lmao Matt Bonner making more than him

We've no room...:depressed

Brazil
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm surprised you spell it correctly tbh

Ace
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM

Ray Allen > He can pass!

sexinthatsx
07-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Rashard Lewis is just a washed up overweight NBA player who has nothing left in the tank anymore.

Ray Allen, on the other hand... is still able to make big shots, but don't count on him taking a game over.

I'd rather take my chances with Nando, a promising point guard who is still developing his game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BchrCEZyVZs&feature=player_embedded

MattBonnerExperience
07-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Rashard Lewis is just a washed up overweight NBA player who has nothing left in the tank anymore.

Ray Allen, on the other hand... is still able to make big shots, but don't count on him taking a game over.

I'd rather take my chances with Nando, a promising point guard who is still developing his game.

:lol Nando is not better then Allen, probably not even lewis.

racm
07-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Allen = best 3pt shooter in NBA history
Lewis = one of the few stretch 4s to make an All-Star game
De Colo = needs to work on D

:lmao

Ace
07-11-2012, 06:57 PM

Ray Allen needs to take a game over? All he has to do is hit open shots playing off the big 3. Cool YouTube video faggot :tu

sexinthatsx
07-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Ray Allen needs to take a game over? All he has to do is hit open shots playing off the big 3. Cool YouTube video faggot :tu

Yeah... sorry man I meant to say that Ray Allen can't take over a game as the primary option. He can very well hit open 3's, which is exactly what the Heat needed.

However, at this point I think Nando De Colo was the best option for the spurs given the choice between all 3 of the players

The Gemini Method
07-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Nando de Culooooooooooooooooooo!

Sounds like a reggaeton song that'll be played to death here in SoCal...

Ace
07-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah... sorry man I meant to say that Ray Allen can't take over a game as the primary option. He can very well hit open 3's, which is exactly what the Heat needed.

However, at this point I think Nando De Colo was the best option for the spurs given the choice between all 3 of the players

I'm sure the Spurs would choose Allen over Nando if they had that choice. Lewis at the minimum is better than Bonner.

Spurs9
07-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm sure the Spurs would choose Allen over Nando if they had that choice. Lewis at the minimum is better than Bonner.

Of course, I don't think anyone knows what Colo will do(except the Spurs) so we will have to wait and see. At least they aren't going out and giving away ridiculous contracts like Irson, Johnson, Brooks, Lin, Gordon etc etc.

tesseractive
07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Allen = best 3pt shooter in NBA history
Lewis = one of the few stretch 4s to make an All-Star game
Kareem has an awesome resume too, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good signing today.

I agree that there's no sign that De Colo is in the same league as either of them, and I would have signed either one of them too on the chance that they might be useful, but that still doesn't mean that Allen and Lewis are going to have much impact at this stage in their careers. They could just add to the growing Heat collection of has-been bench jockeys.

tesseractive
07-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Bonner is actively a negative asset at this point. I'd rather have a D League player on the roster for the minimum, never mind Rashard Lewis.

Given that we have Ginobili and Jackson coming off the bench on the wing, I'd rather have De Colo, but only because he should be able to contend for minutes at the point, where we don't have a proven backup. Allen's still a considerably better player until proven otherwise.

Ace
07-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Kareem has an awesome resume too, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good signing today.

I agree that there's no sign that De Colo is in the same league as either of them, and I would have signed either one of them too on the chance that they might be useful, but that still doesn't mean that Allen and Lewis are going to have much impact at this stage in their careers. They could just add to the growing Heat collection of has-been bench jockeys.

Allen shot 45% from 3 last year and since had the bone spurs removed. He will get great open looks with the Heat...

tesseractive
07-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Allen shot 45% from 3 last year and since had the bone spurs removed. He will get great open looks with the Heat...
He'll be able to shoot for as long as he can walk out on the court, but he's getting up there in age, and can't stay in front of anyone at this point.

Ace
07-11-2012, 09:28 PM
He'll be able to shoot for as long as he can walk out on the court, but he's getting up there in age, and can't stay in front of anyone at this point.

He's Wade's back up...

tesseractive
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
He's Wade's back up...
For sure. And don't get me wrong, it's a good signing -- a clutch veteran shooter off the bench is an absolute blessing in the playoffs. But the need to hide him on defense limits the ways you can use him is all.

racm
07-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Spo will inevitably use him to build up big leads.

Crunch time lineup will involve James/Wade/Bosh and probably guys like Battier or Chalmers.

Ace
07-11-2012, 10:13 PM
For sure. And don't get me wrong, it's a good signing -- a clutch veteran shooter off the bench is an absolute blessing in the playoffs. But the need to hide him on defense limits the ways you can use him is all.

Next to Lebron and Wade, it won't be a problem tbh...

sexinthatsx
07-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Next to Lebron and Wade, it won't be a problem tbh...

Let just hope he doesn't take a page out of Mike Miller's playbook and start sucking once he joins the Heat

Ace
07-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Let just hope he doesn't take a page out of Mike Miller's playbook and start sucking once he joins the Heat

Miller put 7 nails in OKC's coffin...