PDA

View Full Version : The first date conundrum; what is your spending limit?

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 08:47 AM
fellas, how much do you budget for on a first date? personally I tend to not go over $50.

ladies, do you expect for the man to pay for everything on a first date or do you pay half?

SpurinDallas
07-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I think if you go all out on the first date, she is going to expect that kind of spending from you all the time. My wife has cost me a lot of money because of this.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 08:54 AM
I think if you go all out on the first date, she is going to expect that kind of spending from you all the time. My wife has cost me a lot of money because of this.

yup. I try to keep it cheap for that reason and also because a lot of these broads date dudes just for a free meal. i like to keep the first date generic.

SpurinDallas
07-11-2012, 08:56 AM
yup. I try to keep it cheap for that reason and also because a lot of these broads date dudes just for a free meal. i like to keep the first date generic.

Before I met her I was the same way, usually something like putt putt and dinner. Rarely went over the 50 dollar mark. Didn't have alot to spend anyway. With my wife, I kinda had a feeling about her and went all out, and it worked. That was 15 years ago this December.

JudynTX
07-11-2012, 08:56 AM
$1,000

clambake
07-11-2012, 08:58 AM
what color is her skin?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-11-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm sure $50 will definitely make generic seem luxurious. Lucky her :lol

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Before I met her I was the same way, usually something like putt putt and dinner. Rarely went over the 50 dollar mark. Didn't have alot to spend anyway. With my wife, I kinda had a feeling about her and went all out, and it worked. That was 15 years ago this December.

wow congrats. 15 years is unheard of in this day and age.:toast

right now my definition of going all out on a first date is the cheesecake factory:lol

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 09:27 AM
$1,000

:wow

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm sure $50 will definitely make generic seem luxurious. Lucky her :lol

if you can hold her attention with a great conversation, mix in a charismatic personality and a dash of good lucks, you can take her to the park on the first date and she wouldn't even care.

step ya game up.

DisAsTerBot
07-11-2012, 09:43 AM
so wait, you go in thinking about how much money is the limit???

dinner and drinks...it's not that hard

also, do you really take girls out that just went for the meal? smh

bus driver
07-11-2012, 09:45 AM

stop dating the fat chicks and you wont get hustled for a free meal. :wakeup

$1,000

holy shit! youre crazy

SpurinDallas
07-11-2012, 09:46 AM

LOL, luckily for me, drinks weren't an issue since I was under 21 when I started dating my wife or went on dates before her with other chicas.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 09:51 AM

Yes I go in with a limit in mind.

and did I say I take girls out that just want a free meal?

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 09:52 AM
stop dating the fat chicks and you wont get hustled for a free meal. :wakeup

holy shit! youre crazy

the chicks I fuck with would shit on anyone's here. if someone wants to challenge me we can post proof pics:wakeup

DisAsTerBot
07-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Yes I go in with a limit in mind.

and did I say I take girls out that just want a free meal?

i think you're thinking about it too much. If it's going good, keep it going. If it's not, finish up the night and that's that.

leemajors
07-11-2012, 09:54 AM
i think you're thinking about it too much. If it's going good, keep it going. If it's not, finish up the night and that's that.

:tu play it by ear

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 09:56 AM
what's there to play by ear? how much money does one need to spend on the first date?

you don't have to spend a large amount of currency just because things are going good. like I said, you can spend $20 and give her the best date she ever had. $50 is my limit on 1st dates, if you guys are spending hundreds of dollars on a girl you don't know that well then by all means, go ahead and do that.

DisAsTerBot
07-11-2012, 09:58 AM
what's there to play by ear? how much money does one need to spend on the first date?

you don't have to spend a large amount of currency just because things are going good. like I said, you can spend $20 and give her the best date she ever had. $50 is my limit on 1st dates, if you guys are spending hundreds of dollars on a girl you don't know that well then by all means, go ahead and do that.

no, it has nothing to do with currency. as you said, it doesn't matter what you spend. That's the point, don't even think about the dollars.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:02 AM
no, it has nothing to do with currency. as you said, it doesn't matter what you spend. That's the point, don't even think about the dollars.

yea well I do, that's me. $50 is the limit. not a cent over.

DisAsTerBot
07-11-2012, 10:04 AM

so are you constantly adding up the tab in your head throughout the night? Checking the prices on what she's ordering? What a pain in the ass and doesn't seem very enjoyable, that's me.

SpurinDallas
07-11-2012, 10:04 AM

I hope she doesn't ask for dessert. :lol

cantthinkofanything
07-11-2012, 10:07 AM

It's hard for me to put a fixed U.S. dollar amount because I never know what the currency exchange rate is of what ever country we fly to.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:08 AM
so are you constantly adding up the tab in your head throughout the night? Checking the prices on what she's ordering? What a pain in the ass and doesn't seem very enjoyable, that's me.

lolsmh...bruh I plan out my dates in advance so I don't have to worry about if I'm over my limit. some first dates I've gone bowling and out for ice cream afterwards, some just the movies, other's have been dinner. It's the first date, the emphasis is on getting to know each other not trying to impress her by spending money. if we make a connection then we're on to bigger and better dates.

I hope she doesn't ask for dessert. :lol

:lol Chillis has the dinner for two deal for $20 and it includes dessert.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:09 AM
It's hard for me to put a fixed U.S. dollar amount because I never know what the currency exchange rate is of what ever country we fly to.

my nigga
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg613/hairweavekilla1/19579.gif

DisAsTerBot
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
lolsmh...bruh I plan out my dates in advance so I don't have to worry about if I'm over my limit. some first dates I've gone bowling and out for ice cream afterwards, some just the movies, other's have been dinner. It's the first date, the emphasis is on getting to know each other not trying to impress her by spending money. if we make a connection then we're on to bigger and better dates.

again, I didn't say anything about impressing her by spending money. I want to think about her, not money

resistanze
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
fellas, how much do you budget for on a first date?

Depends how much my meal costs! :king

DisAsTerBot
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM

and how the fuck do you get to know somebody at the movies?

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
again, I didn't say anything about impressing her by spending money. I want to think about her, not money

lol aight.

leemajors
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM

taking them for drinks after :lol

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
smh...do you date at all?

you can get to know each other before and after the movies. don't know if you're from SA or not but in the Quarry if I take a girl there, we'll see a movie then walk around and talk, sit on a bench and talk or go in Starbucks get something to drink.....and talk. not that hard.

bus driver
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
the chicks I fuck with would shit on anyone's here. if someone wants to challenge me we can post proof pics:wakeup

so post a pic of a chick you fucked. :wakeup

DisAsTerBot
07-11-2012, 10:24 AM
smh...do you date at all?

you can get to know each other before and after the movies. don't know if you're from SA or not but in the Quarry if I take a girl there, we'll see a movie then walk around and talk, sit on a bench and talk or go in Starbucks get something to drink.....and talk. not that hard.

i see why you have so many first dates. carry on

The Gemini Method
07-11-2012, 10:26 AM
For me, it goes with how well I mesh with the chick. About the movie element--I'd wait until a later date to propose a movie. I mean, you can still get at least a good portion of dialogue prior and post movie, it is kind've awkward to be watching, say, Ted with someone you barely know. Anyhow, if the girl and I are getting along well, I won't cap out the spending. If it isn't she gets the Sizzler.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Depends how much my meal costs! :king

king shit:king

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:27 AM
so post a pic of a chick you fucked. :wakeup
you first

Findog
07-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Meet them for drinks at a bar that is not too loud so you can actually have a conversation. Don't meet up on a Friday or Saturday night. No matter how well it's going, end it after two hours max. Don't drink more than two drinks, switch to water after that. Be ready and willing to pick up the tab if they don't offer to split it. Your bill shouldn't be more than $20-30.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
For me, it goes with how well I mesh with the chick. About the movie element--I'd wait until a later date to propose a movie. I mean, you can still get at least a good portion of dialogue prior and post movie, it is kind've awkward to be watching, say, Ted with someone you barely know. Anyhow, if the girl and I are getting along well, I won't cap out the spending. If it isn't she gets the Sizzler.

word.

yea the movie date can be awkward if you and the girl haven't talked on the phone much prior to the date. say you meet her on a Friday and talk/text her every day until the next weekend when you're both free again, it wont be that awkward because you've gotten to know each other during that week.

do you think cooking her dinner at your place is too forward on the first date?

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Meet them for drinks at a bar that is not too loud so you can actually have a conversation. Don't meet up on a Friday or Saturday night. No matter how well it's going, end it after two hours max. Don't drink more than two drinks, switch to water after that. Be ready and willing to pick up the tab if they don't offer to split it. Your bill shouldn't be more than $20-30.
findog has it down pat:toast

bus driver
07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
you first

:lmao

thats what i thought, doing the moonwalk.

The Gemini Method
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
word.

yea the movie date can be awkward if you and the girl haven't talked on the phone much prior to the date. say you meet her on a Friday and talk/text her every day until the next weekend when you're both free again, it wont be that awkward because you've gotten to know each other during that week.

do you think cooking her dinner at your place is too forward on the first date?

I would guage the woman and how she is around you. If she is that shy, kinda cautious type, I wouldn't cook her dinner at my place first. I would put her at ease and have her meet me at a restaurant. If she is a bit more outgoing and/or more likely to be open to such an idea (and you think it is worth your effort...if she is an 8-10...etc...etc). Then I say go for it--My personal rule is that I don't like to have that high level of effort on the first date. Unless it's going to be a one-night stand, I also don't like to have them know where I reside. Never know when someone may try and cook my pet rabbit.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:38 AM

thats what i thought, doing the moonwalk.

lol i have no reason to lie. you stated the women I date are fat and ugly and I challenged you to a pic off. the ball is in your court.

bus driver
07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
lol i have no reason to lie. you stated the women I date are fat and ugly and I challenged you to a pic off. the ball is in your court.

ur the one who stated you would prove it.

so i said go ahead. you cant prove it then no big deal. you date fat chicks who sucker you into buying them free meals. thats all

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:43 AM
I would guage the woman and how she is around you. If she is that shy, kinda cautious type, I wouldn't cook her dinner at my place first. I would put her at ease and have her meet me at a restaurant. If she is a bit more outgoing and/or more likely to be open to such an idea (and you think it is worth your effort...if she is an 8-10...etc...etc). Then I say go for it--My personal rule is that I don't like to have that high level of effort on the first date. Unless it's going to be a one-night stand, I also don't like to have them know where I reside. Never know when someone may try and cook my pet rabbit.

Agree with the above.

I've cooked for a couple chicks at their request. Those are the ones I either ended up in a relationship with or dated for a while. I tend not to put the press on those women and just let things flow.

The one nighters just come and get knocked down lol.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:46 AM
ur the one who stated you would prove it.

so i said go ahead. you cant prove it then no big deal. you date fat chicks who sucker you into buying them free meals. thats all

bus driver, you had the nerve to assume I fck with fat bitches and I refuted your claim. its on you to prove that you can make such a claim by posting the dimes you fck with. if you can't do that then i'll let you continue to believe what you want, it isn't that serious to me until you can prove me wrong.

cantthinkofanything
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
The first thing I do is ask them if they have a naked picture of theirself that I can look at. Then if they looked shocked, I quickly laugh and say, "just kidding".

If they laugh back, then they have a decent sense of humor and enough to proceed on.

If they don't laugh back, it's probably over.

If they give me a pic, then she's a ho and good for a one night stand.

The Gemini Method
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM
The first thing I do is ask them if they have a naked picture of theirself that I can look at. Then if they looked shocked, I quickly laugh and say, "just kidding".

If they laugh back, then they have a decent sense of humor and enough to proceed on.

Very good way of testing a girl...

I had one actually show me a provacative pic and turned out to be a prude that it took me nearly a month to finally get the goods. I guess, though, it worked because I ended up dating her for a year or so.

bus driver
07-11-2012, 10:52 AM
bus driver, you had the nerve to assume I fck with fat bitches and I refuted your claim. its on you to prove that you can make such a claim by posting the dimes you fck with. if you can't do that then i'll let you continue to believe what you want, it isn't that serious to me until you can prove me wrong.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 10:54 AM

:lol

my hoe test is to wait for the raunchiest, freakiest song to come on in the club and then see which broad is dancing the hardest to it.

cantthinkofanything
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM
:lol

my hoe test is to wait for the raunchiest, freakiest song to come on in the club and then see which broad is dancing the hardest to it.

Probably deserves two more threads.

1) what's yo hoe test?
2) raunchiest song

But what qualifies as raunchy at your clubs tbh?

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Probably deserves two more threads.

1) what's yo hoe test?
2) raunchiest song

But what qualifies as raunchy at your clubs tbh?

go to youtube and type in Nelly- Tip Drill.

oh check out Webbi- gimme that

cantthinkofanything
07-11-2012, 11:52 AM

oh check out Webbi- gimme that

oh...those are already on my Ipod.

CuckingFunt
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
say you meet her on a Friday and talk/text her every day until the next weekend when you're both free again, it wont be that awkward because you've gotten to know each other during that week.

By texting.

You must be going to some shitty clubs if they're still playing Nelly.

Or if they ever played "Tip Drill."

lebomb
07-11-2012, 01:34 PM
$1,000

You would have to put out first, and then I would just throw $20 at ya.............. :hat

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 02:11 PM
By texting.

You must be going to some shitty clubs if they're still playing Nelly.

Or if they ever played "Tip Drill."

well I live in San Antonio and the black population isn't that large. So the few clubs we do have aren't as progressive with their music as Dallas and Houston.

but they're not bad and they don't play Nelly all night:lol most dj's have a section of their set that is specifically for boothy shaking music(like tip drill, uncle luke, etc)

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't think I have had a first date that cost me less than $50 for at least 10 years. I know there are ways of doing it, but for me, it would take more time thinking about it than just paying what ever the cost becomes. My preference for a first date is an above average restaurant that serves beer and wine. The meal alone will already be at least $25 for two for the lesser choices, but I rarely take the lesser choices or expect my date to. Then drinks and tip, maybe desert...

I seem to only pay less than $50 when I already know someone well. We'll be out, and just want something fast or convenient, or watch a movie or something.

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I spent some time thinking about my first dates over the last several years. I think the most I spent was just over $80, and the least was just under $60.

I pick a place that is within the price range I am willing to spend, but I never think about the costs as they occur.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I don't think I have had a first date that cost me less than $50 for at least 10 years. I know there are ways of doing it, but for me, it would take more time thinking about it than just paying what ever the cost becomes. My preference for a first date is an above average restaurant that serves beer and wine. The meal alone will already be at least $25 for two for the lesser choices, but I rarely take the lesser choices or expect my date to. Then drinks and tip, maybe desert...

I seem to only pay less than $50 when I already know someone well. We'll be out, and just want something fast or convenient, or watch a movie or something.

I thought you were 60. You still out here pimpin'?

DPG21920
07-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I only date girls that are willing to pay. Not that I let them, they just have to offer.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I only date girls that are willing to pay. Not that I let them, they just have to offer.

gotta respect that:toast

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 04:49 PM

smh@ the bolded. almost skipped over this, WC. you get the girl drunk on the first date? if not drunk, why are you drinking alcohol with a girl and driving? I hope you are smart enough not to have the young lady in your van when you've had liqour in your system.

If its the first date, you shouldn't be drinking if you're picking her up.

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I thought you were 60. You still out here pimpin'?

Closing in on 60, not there yet.

Pimpin?

Not quite.

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Closing in on 60, not there yet.

Pimpin?

Not quite.

not pimpin' in a sense of you having a harem of prostitutes. just slang for you having more than one woman you're dating. glad to see you still are active in the dating community at your age and not at some senior citizen center playing bingo.

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
not pimpin' in a sense of you having a harem of prostitutes. just slang for you having more than one woman you're dating. glad to see you still are active in the dating community at your age and not at some senior citizen center playing bingo.
LOL...

That's a ways off for me still.

cantthinkofanything
07-11-2012, 05:06 PM
any of you niggas play Dime Bag Bingo?

It's where you have a bunch of naked hos on the floor in a big square and each has a number written on their forehead. Another naked ho has a big bowel full of numbers written on paper. When she calls out a number, you put a dime bag of weed on the vag of the girl with that same number. Then when there is 5 in a row, you shout "bingo".

Trill Clinton
07-11-2012, 05:09 PM
lol

tlongII
07-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Bad start to a first date.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/bad1stdate.jpg

DMC
07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't have a hard limit (didn't have one). I never considered it actually, I just never went over the top on the first date. I was usually a coffee shop or something like that, never a movie, rarely dinner, and coffee isn't expensive.

DMC
07-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Bad start to a first date.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/bad1stdate.jpg

Damn look at the size of that clitoris, or is she pinching one off?

Creepn
07-11-2012, 11:19 PM

I'm sad no one took this challenge.

mavs>spurs
07-12-2012, 12:00 AM
ain't been on a "date" in like a year ever since i broke up with my ex bitch. got some hoe i can just fuck any time i feel like it, that's good enough for me. don't get the appeal of wasting my time and money on some chick, that's old ideas.

InRareForm
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
depends on who it is. just like in public speaking, know your audience/person in general terms.

DPG21920
07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
ain't been on a "date" in like a year ever since i broke up with my ex bitch. got some hoe i can just fuck any time i feel like it, that's good enough for me. don't get the appeal of wasting my time and money on some chick, that's old ideas.

lol is that how you speak in real life?

lefty
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Ladies are allowed to spend more than 200$ when I take them out

The Gemini Method
07-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Ladies are allowed to spend more than 200$ when I take them out

Baller Lefty letting the ladies spend his cashmoney.

DMC
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm sad no one took this challenge.
:lol keeping pics of girls you've dated for online bragging rights later

:lol them not having yours

xellos88330
07-12-2012, 07:56 PM
I would usually spend between 50-100 depending on how the date was going. Ah, to be part of the game again. Oh well... :P

The Reckoning
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
last night i got in with a girl from berlin just from being a straightforward, honest and nice guy.

didnt cost me jack shit lol....foreign women only want company. not like american women who want you to buy them like prostitutes.

fevertrees
07-12-2012, 08:59 PM
$2000 but usually 1500 of that is for the escort service

DMC
07-12-2012, 09:25 PM
last night i got in with a girl from berlin just from being a straightforward, honest and nice guy.

didnt cost me jack shit lol....foreign women only want company. not like american women who want you to buy them like prostitutes.
Check for mr winky in the back.

DMC
07-12-2012, 09:26 PM
$2000 but usually 1500 of that is for the escort service
Who are you kidding? You give out blowjobs at the JC Penny bathroom in Bossier City.