PDA

View Full Version : How old is Horry? Who's being traded on your team?

PistonsFan
06-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Jw. Not sure if anyone is on the Pistons.

violentkitten
06-24-2005, 09:05 AM

rasho, perhaps.

spur219
06-24-2005, 09:05 AM
Horry is staying.

ducks
06-24-2005, 09:06 AM
barry was going to be but now he might not be
horry wants to play 2 more years and then be a scoout or coach(he said on nba tv last series)
horry has a player opt this year

is larry brown coming back to the pistons?
will sheed behave for anyone else?

PistonsFan
06-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Horry is staying.
Ugh. Why? :( j/k but He's very good. How old are you when you are supposed to retire?
No one knows about Larry Brown yet. If we won, he most likely would be gone for next season. And not sure about sheed, but I hope not.

SouthernFried
06-24-2005, 09:07 AM
How about Billups for Parker, straight up?

Ok, ok...we'll throw in Beno and a free enchilada plate.

xcoriate
06-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Only people I can see being traded are:

Devin Brown (Sign and Trade)
Rights to Luis Scola (If buyout is unable to be worked in either ours or Scolas favor)
Rasho
Barry

I think thats it. I think theres a higher chance they all stay here instead of being traded but they're the possibilities I can think of.

violentkitten
06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
if they lose devin brown i will burn this motherfucker down.
scola will be joining the team next year they are not going to deal him.

PistonsFan
06-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Duncan should play for someone else now. :) Lol. j/k. how old is he?

xcoriate
06-24-2005, 09:12 AM
scola will be joining the team next year they are not going to deal him.

Link? Don't state opinion like its fact.

Its possible that he is dealt.

ObiwanGinobili
06-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Ugh. Why? :( j/k but He's very good. How old are you when you are supposed to retire?

I think that depends on the player.....there isn't a set age... some guys retire at 34 or 36 some guys retire at 40 or 42.

As far as our team.. I'm thinking Rasho might get traded.

Horry is 35 but I'm sure he's staying, he gets vet min. pay anyway so it's not like costs us - he's here casue he wants to be and he likes to win.
Bowen just turned 34 and he's locked in for a few more years also.

xcoriate
Duncan is 29 of the top of my head. That could very well be wrong however. Check out nba.com if you want to know for sure.

Shelly

Tim just turned 29 in April

ObiwanGinobili
06-24-2005, 09:16 AM

He's 29.

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Hopefully Scola will finally be signed over to the Spurs. I really wanna see this dude bring his game to the NBA, and it makes it 10 times better that he will be on Manu's team.

xcoriate
06-24-2005, 09:23 AM
^

Haha I want to see it too. Argentinians must be stoked at the prospect of two hometowners playing for the same nba club. Now eer trade for Delfino and get Nociioni and where all set.

Wallace ˛
06-24-2005, 09:26 AM
As far as the Pistons trade situation goes.

I can see Arroyo being traded, Delfino being traded. They both were unhappy with the lack of playing time.

Elden Campbell may retire. He is getting up there in age.

Joe Dumars has to be resigned.

Ben and Tayshaun only have 1 year left, but both will be resigned during the next season.

And hopefully Darko improves and makes the 3 man rotation into a 4 man rotation.

Last thing, if Brown doesnt come back, we will need to find a new coach. Ive heard Flip Saunders and Tom Izzo as the top 2 choices.

ducks
06-24-2005, 09:30 AM
both players you mentioned might get more playing time if larry quits

also flip would be a terrible coach for pistons because he is more of a o coach not a d coach
nate mcmillian would be the better coach

Wallace ˛
06-24-2005, 09:33 AM
I think Izzo would be a great coach. Michigan State is always tops in D categories. I hope that Arroyo, Delfino, and Darko all play more. Arroyo proved in the olympics that he is a great player.

The mock drafts have the Pistons taking Garcia from Louisville, that could mean that he would back up Tayshaun and Delfino would ride the pine again. I guess we will have to wait and see.

violentkitten
06-24-2005, 09:43 AM
its been reported that scola will be joining the team next season. it's pretty unlikely that they will deal him.

leemajors
06-24-2005, 09:47 AM
i wouldn't chase after izzo, most college coaches don't do too well these days.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-24-2005, 09:48 AM
I think Izzo would be a great coach. Michigan State is always tops in D categories. I hope that Arroyo, Delfino, and Darko all play more. Arroyo proved in the olympics that he is a great player.

The mock drafts have the Pistons taking Garcia from Louisville, that could mean that he would back up Tayshaun and Delfino would ride the pine again. I guess we will have to wait and see.

That would be pretty cool if they drafted Garcia, hes basically another Tayshaun Prince. They both have freakishly long arms, it could be extremely handy to have another long defender on the team(not to mention even more offensive rebounds)...

GopherSA
06-24-2005, 09:50 AM
I think we'll be trading Rasho this year and maybe we'll be dumping some of the dead weight at the end of the bench (seeya, Marks!). We have to create room for some of our overseas players -- gotta groom the next Manu.

JustSpurs
06-24-2005, 09:54 AM
We'll trade Parker for a houseplant.

kskonn
06-24-2005, 10:06 AM
And actually they asked horry a question about duncan last night and he said that he would wait to see if duncan won it for him next year. So all indications are that he will be staying and has no intention to opt out.

caŽlo
06-24-2005, 11:00 AM
i surely do hope horry stays

Dex
06-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Horry isn't going anywhere. Plain and simple.

If he plays basketball next year (which he is obviously planning to do), then it will be for none other than the Silver and Black. Period.

Sense
06-24-2005, 11:07 AM

How old are you?

that's the true question..

easjer
06-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Horry will stay for two years and then join either the Spurs or Rockets organizations (he wants to be a scout or coach, and his family lives in Houston, so he'll stay fairly local).

Devin Brown is a question mark, but a liability, because of his back injury. I think we sign him for a one year deal to give him a chance.

Rasho will not be going anywhere. I know some folks on here hate him, but we need a true size back up center. That's why they traded fan favorite Malik for Nazr. Rasho will not be going anywhere. Nazr will need $$, but the increase in cap room because of the new CBA will likely make Peter Holt a little more generous. That depth is a luxury we need for the time being.

Brent Barry wasn't going anywhere even if he hadn't stepped up in this series. But he did, his confidence and game are back and they will be here to stay.

I don't expect we'll do much in the off-season, outside of bringing in Scola. Marks will probably be gone in favor of Scola, but I expect we'll stick by Linton Johnson and train him with Scola to replace Bowen.

mcornelio
06-24-2005, 11:15 AM
DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT RADOSLAV!! HES STAYING OR Ill KILL SOMEONE !