PDA

View Full Version : Knicks sign Prigioni

MmP
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
I know it's not totally spurs related but I always though he'd be a good fit. Much like Alejandro Montecchia was, and almost was a spur.
Some here were doubting if he's even an nba caliber player. We'll see.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2012/7/11/3151461/berman-the-knicks-will-sign-pablo-prigioni

freetiago
07-11-2012, 10:32 AM
well the knicks are gonna sign anything resembling a point guard
right now its either letting a 40 year old JKidd who can only spot up shoot run the offense
or let carmelo ball reign supreme
with a little of jr smiths low iq chucking thrown in

knicks would gladly let neal run PG for them at this point

ElNono
07-11-2012, 10:42 AM
:lmao Knicks

CitizenDwayne
07-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Let em have him. This guy sucks.

smaka
07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
scr:lolb

timvp
07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
I think Prigioni is going to suck in the NBA. I've always hated his game and I can't fathom how it could possibly translate. I would be shocked if he even became an adequate backup point guard. Hell, I'd be shocked if he ever earns a role in their rotation.

spurspokesman
07-11-2012, 01:19 PM
I think Prigioni is going to suck in the NBA. I've always hated his game and I can't fathom how it could possibly translate. I would be shocked if he even became an adequate backup point guard. Hell, I'd be shocked if he ever earns a role in their rotation.

Scrub Deluxe. Nothing to see here.

ElNono
07-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Meh, Knicks have Kidd and Lin... he's going in as the third stringer, which is probably his ceiling in the NBA... unless some major injury happens, I don't see him playing much, tbh.

ElNono
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Interesting though is that he's leaving money on the table at Caja Laboral to join the Knicks at 35 years old...

urunobili
07-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Just for a year just in case Jason goes down... He's a gr8 passer and a very good 3 pt shooter which is what you need there. Feed Carmelo and Tyson and be ready to make your open threes TBH

TDMVPDPOY
07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
pringles anyone?

nickdaquick
07-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I know it's not totally spurs related but I always though he'd be a good fit. Much like Alejandro Montecchia was, and almost was a spur.
Some here were doubting if he's even an nba caliber player. We'll see.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2012/7/11/3151461/berman-the-knicks-will-sign-pablo-prigioni

I love the caption for the photo in the article.

tuncaboylu
07-11-2012, 02:18 PM
They sign with Kidd and matching the offer sheet of Lin too.

Too many moves to replace Toney Douglas:)

Josepatches_
07-11-2012, 04:15 PM
He plays pick & roll really well. He's the reason why Splitter is great playing pnr.

But he's too old to play in the NBA. It was a big surprise.

Amare could increase his production if he plays.

MmP
07-11-2012, 05:13 PM
In some ways, Scola had the same reviews before playing in the NBA, he was too short, too unathletic. And his game probably didn't translate in the NBA. But he was very smart. Of course Prigioni is like 35 now so it's not like he has a lot of time to improve those things but I think he has a legit chance to become a role player becouse of what many said above: he's a solid passer in a team full of shooters and has an exellent IQ on the court. He might have a shot actually, but I hope I don't sound too much like KBP :lol

ALVAREZ6
07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
I had no idea he was 35, I thought he was a younger dude :wow

racm
07-11-2012, 06:40 PM
I'd rather have Nando de Colo as my 3rd string PG tbh

Parker/Mills/De Colo > Lin/Kidd/Prignioni

ElNono
07-11-2012, 07:08 PM
In some ways, Scola had the same reviews before playing in the NBA, he was too short, too unathletic. And his game probably didn't translate in the NBA. But he was very smart. Of course Prigioni is like 35 now so it's not like he has a lot of time to improve those things but I think he has a legit chance to become a role player becouse of what many said above: he's a solid passer in a team full of shooters and has an exellent IQ on the court. He might have a shot actually, but I hope I don't sound too much like KBP :lol

Scola plays on a completely different position and was relatively young when he landed in the NBA... Prigioni is old even by Euro standards.