PDA

View Full Version : Nets give Magic until the end of today as a deadline for Dwight trade

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Following up on @RicBucher report: Nets have told Magic if there's a Dwight Howard deal, must be done by end of business day

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Lopez's agent pushing Nets to either sign Lopez for themselves or do a sign-and-trade by end of the day.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-11-2012, 10:40 AM
There's a bluff that's easy as hell to see through

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
It may be a bluff, but Lopez could easily find an offer sheet from another team to sign, which would kill any trade.

Killakobe81
07-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Does Lopez even WANT to go to Orlando? Doesnt he have to sign-off on that deal?

Also, this agent is in a tough spot. He reps Dwight and Lopez. Brooklyn would be great for Dwight, but Lakers even better (from agent's perspective) if Lopez re-signs and a Lakers trade goes through ... he will have two of the best available big men signed to max deals in the two biggest markets ...what is the incentive to get Lopez to help the Nets again?

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Does Lopez even WANT to go to Orlando? Doesnt he have to sign-off on that deal?

Also, this agent is in a tough spot. He reps Dwight and Lopez. Brooklyn would be great for Dwight, but Lakers even better (from agent's perspective) if Lopez re-signs and a Lakers trade goes through ... he will have two of the best available big men signed to max deals in the two biggest markets ...what is the incentive to get Lopez to help the Nets again?
Kid just wants to get paid. so does his agent.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA

Rob Hennigan talking @ 4 after Ryan/Ayon move. ‪#Lakers‬ remain dubious w/o Howard commitment, so deal w/#Rockets current favorite for ‪#Magic‬.

FWIW. Dude is reputable though

Spurs da champs
07-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Orlando is stupid if they don't do this trade, they get far more assets from the Nets then just Bynum from the Lakers. And we still don't know if Bynum can play a whole regular season not to mention the fact that he's not always checked in.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Orlando is stupid if they don't do this trade, they get far more assets from the Nets then just Bynum from the Lakers. And we still don't know if Bynum can play a whole regular season not to mention the fact that he's not always checked in.

lol what "assets" from the Nets? They would need at least one more team to do that trade.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
I know neither Rockets nor the Nets have awesome assets, but CROFL at Orlando if this is really the offer they take

Tony Mejia (http://twitter.com/TonyMejiaNBA): "@JohnRossJr (http://twitter.com/JohnRossJr):Current HOU offer?"If Asik matched, they can aid cap relief. Assets include:1st rder from Lowry deal, Martin exp deal, young Fs about 12 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/TonyMejiaNBA/statuses/223084285102526464)

Sportcamper
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Dwight-Mare Saga Continues…

JA Adande …Bynum is tired of being trade bait & would consider opting to the Cav's if the Lakers don't trade him this season...LOL@ Baby Drew throwing a little weight around...:lol

Spurs da champs
07-11-2012, 11:28 AM
lol what "assets" from the Nets? They would need at least one more team to do that trade.

I'd take Lopez, Brooks & 3 1st round picks over just Bynum. And yes they do to get rid of Humphries.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-11-2012, 11:30 AM
I'd take Lopez, Brooks & 3 1st round picks over just Bynum. And yes they do to get rid of Humphries.
i would take houstons lottery picks & young players over an above average center with a max contract & late picks.

Clipper Nation
07-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Good move for the Nets, tbh.... the Magic are run by a bunch of immature brats, tbh.... they'll come crawling back by the end of the day...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Bobcats, Blazers (if they don't get Hibbert), and Rockets (if they don't get Asik) supposedly ready to give Lopez the max. Hence, the Nets hurrying to resolve the Howard trade.

Sportcamper
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
i would take houstons lottery picks & young players over an above average center with a max contract & late picks.
+1

Spurs da champs
07-11-2012, 11:34 AM

Well Orlando has consistently ignored Houston throughout these trade talks. Lopez when healthy has proven to be good, he's just soft in fact I think Ayon starting alongside him helps addresses that problem. & Marshon Brooks is gonna be a damn good player. Also Houston has been stuck drafting @15 tbh.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Well Orlando has consistently ignored Houston throughout these trade talks. Lopez when healthy has proven to be good, he's just soft in fact I think Ayon starting alongside him helps addresses that problem. & Marshon Brooks is gonna be a damn good player. Also Houston has been stuck drafting @15 tbh.
houston has Toronto's 1st round pick to go along with their pick & add in all the good young prospect they can throw in. Houston by far has the best offer for a team wanting to start from scratch & rebuild.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Bobcats, Blazers (if they don't get Hibbert), and Rockets (if they don't get Asik) supposedly ready to give Lopez the max. Hence, the Nets hurrying to resolve the Howard trade.
Yup. Sign Lopez first, or lose him. Either way, they're out of the running.

Killakobe81
07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Rox have the best assets, Lakers best player to offer .. we shall see.

IF Nets are out of Dwight running they should re-sign both Lopez and Humphries (just not to crazy deals). Lopez obviously needs a more physical and rugged rebounder if he is going to be your center, but who else is available that is better than Humpries at PF that is still unsigned?

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Rox have the best assets, Lakers best player to offer .. we shall see.

IF Nets are out of Dwight running they should re-sign both Lopez and Humphries (just not to crazy deals). Lopez obviously needs a more physical and rugged rebounder if he is going to be your center, but who else is available that is better than Humpries at PF that is still unsigned?
True, but Bynum hasn't shown any indication he would re-sign there.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
But again, he would re-sign b/c it's all about money for him and Dwight.

Killakobe81
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
But again, he would re-sign b/c it's all about money for him and Dwight.

This, but I also think it's about getting his "way" with Dwight ... as well. He wants a 5 year max deal which he should with a back condition, so he is trying to get the team he wants and max salary ...

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
This, but I also think it's about getting his "way" with Dwight ... as well. He wants a 5 year max deal which he should with a back condition, so he is trying to get the team he wants and max salary ...
Yea, I think this is a last ditch effort on his part to get to the Nets, because if he's traded to any other team, no way he walks.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
Following up on @ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine), Rockets are another threat to Nets w/ Lopez offer sheet if Bulls match Asik.

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
Any offer sheet to Lopez kills Nets ability to do a sign-and-trade. Rockets would have huge incentive to blow up Nets-Magic deal

Clipper Nation
07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Good move for the Nets, tbh.... the Magic are run by a bunch of immature brats, tbh.... they'll come crawling back by the end of the day...

Sons, Woj has just backed me up with the goods...

After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.

HeatChamps
07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Magic are just playing with the Nets.

Clipper Nation
07-11-2012, 12:09 PM

Quite the opposite, B... Billy King da gawd has the Magic eating out of the palm of his hand, tbh....

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 12:11 PM
This. Orlando knows they have better offers from Lakers and Rockets, but Lakers probably told them Bynum for Dwight, straight up no bad contracts, and Rockets probably said 1 pick, plus expiring and a few prospects. Orlando is pissed they can't get more, and keep using Brooklyn as leverage.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Right now, Orlando is getting lowballed. If Lopez re-signs today, Orlando better make a deal before it goes down even more.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Still dunno why Rockets want a rental so bad, he's pretty much clearly said he will not resign there.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Still dunno why Rockets want a rental so bad, he's pretty much clearly said he will not resign there.
Where's he going to walk to? Who will have the cap for two max free agents?

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA
‪#Magic‬ re-visiting, giving ‪#Nets‬ the yes/no they've asked for Lopez sake. Up to Hennigan, who addresses media @ 4. Status quo for poker game

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Brooklyn's fully guaranteed the first 4 years, $58M of a max deal offer for Brook Lopez, sources tell Y! Sides still discussing 5th year.

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2012, 12:51 PM

I admire your desire...but you're team will suck no matter what...they will really suck...You guys just made bad decision after bad decisio...a hard bed to lay in

pass1st
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Anywhere else he wants, tbh. He doesn't want to be a rocket.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Anywhere else he wants, tbh. He doesn't want to be a rocket.
And lose 30 million? ok.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
And lose 30 million? ok.

He'd stay in Magic if that was the motivator :lol

He has made it clear that he won't sign to Rockets, they have nothing that he wants to be a part of.

whitemamba
07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
brook lopez is garbage... i cant believe he is such a big deal, imo magic would be getting the shitty end of this trade by far, i would much rather go for houstons picks etc..
as for the lakers, this should be bynum for howard straight up, maybe lakers offer a little cash but thats it.

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2012, 01:07 PM
brook lopez is garbage... i cant believe he is such a big deal, imo magic would be getting the shitty end of this trade by far, i would much rather go for houstons picks etc..
as for the lakers, this should be bynum for howard straight up, maybe lakers offer a little cash but thats it.

at this point we need to sit tight..I say no trade..Let Houston and NJ fight it out...we don't need Dwight...I'm more appalled at Hennigan's little young ass trying to even attempt at playing Poker with Dr. Buss...it's disrespectful...

I say Mitch should tell them get the hell on you and your mama's :lol

gambit1990
07-11-2012, 01:08 PM
i can't believe lopez is getting that kind of deal either. crazy.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 01:09 PM
He'd stay in Magic if that was the motivator :lol

He has made it clear that he won't sign to Rockets, they have nothing that he wants to be a part of.
lol no he burned those bridges in Orlando.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Ken Berger interview on Jim Rome -

Says good chance Magic will take the Lakers/Rockets deal.

Says Andrew Bynum is not at all worried about being traded.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Sam Amico

I'll have an update up soon at SI.com, but there are signs that the Magic may just left Brooklyn fall out of this race for Dwight Howard with the way a deadline has now been applied for today.
"I don't think there's a deal there," said one source with knowledge of the Magic's dealings.

ginobili's bald spot
07-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Now that the Nets isn't a possible destination, where does Howard demand a trade to next?

Clipper Nation
07-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Ken Berger interview on Jim Rome -

Says good chance Magic will take the Lakers/Rockets deal.

Says Andrew Bynum is not at all worried about being traded.

Woj says the Rockets will probably just scoop up Dwight themselves...

ginobili's bald spot
07-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Woj says the Rockets will probably just scoop up Dwight themselves...

If the Magic really wanted that package then why wouldn't they have done it a long time ago? The Rockets weren't even in the discussion a few days ago.

Clipper Nation
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Rockets will give them the farm for Dwight, just watch...

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM
If the Magic really wanted that package then why wouldn't they have done it a long time ago? The Rockets weren't even in the discussion a few days ago.
Dwight's camp and ESPN have an agenda. To get Dwight to Brooklyn. Remember how everyone on ESPN was saying LeBron to New York?

ginobili's bald spot
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Dwight's camp and ESPN have an agenda. To get Dwight to Brooklyn. Remember how everyone on ESPN was saying LeBron to New York?

That's probably true but wouldn't the Rockets have at least been listen as contenders with the Lakers & Nets? I mean if this was true they should have been above the Lakers the whole time. It was no secret that the Rockets wanted him but all of a sudden yesterday the Rockets package all of a sudden became so amazing to Orlando? Unless something changed that the Rockets are offering it just doesn't smell right to me.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
That's probably true but wouldn't the Rockets have at least been listen as contenders with the Lakers & Nets? I mean if this was true they should have been above the Lakers the whole time. It was no secret that the Rockets wanted him but all of a sudden yesterday the Rockets package all of a sudden became so amazing to Orlando? Unless something changed that the Rockets are offering it just doesn't smell right to me.

Houston wouldn't want to be headlines as candidates because they know Dwight will kick and scream about it. Better to keep it under wraps until it's at least close to happening. Hopefully.

ginobili's bald spot
07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Houston wouldn't want to be headlines as candidates because they know Dwight will kick and scream about it. Better to keep it under wraps until it's at least close to happening. Hopefully.

Who knows man. I'm trying to look at it objectively without rationalizing but I still feel like we are in the best spot.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 01:43 PM
lol no he burned those bridges in Orlando.

If money was his motivator then Dwight would have signed a long time ago. From everything he's been indicating, he'll take a few mil less if he gets to be on the team he wants.

He doesn't want to be on the Rockets and I'm not sure why you're jizzing over the possibility of getting a player that will be a rental and doesn't even want to be there.

ginobili's bald spot
07-11-2012, 01:46 PM
If money was his motivator then Dwight would have signed a long time ago. From everything he's been indicating, he'll take a few mil less if he gets to be on the team he wants.

He doesn't want to be on the Rockets and I'm not sure why you're jizzing over the possibility of getting a player that will be a rental and doesn't even want to be there.

You guys are all way too quick to believe that every player is going to leave 30 million dollars on the table just because they threaten to do it.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 01:48 PM

Why do you think Dwight opted in when he could have opted out and gone to the Nets in FA? It's because he wants the max and the Nets. Now he won't get the Nets, so the only thing left is money. Orlando was going to trade him to Houston at the deadline, he opts in because he knew he would lose alot by walking away, so he held onto hope that he would get traded to the Nets (The team he wanted all along) and the max.

And Deron didn't want to go to the Nets at first either. That changed. As much as Dwight flip flops, you HAVE to call his bluff. And if he walks, well we will be in a position where we're so bad that we don't have to tank. They'll just be bad. And if he re-signs, then it's a win too.

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM

:lol

Stop shitting on the Rocket fans they have dreams of winning it all next year as well....Houston will get Dwight and then he will walk and finally Morey will be fired and all Rockets fans will be crying foul. They have to go after Dwight to hide the fact that they've fucked up so bad by dismantling their team. It really is a big joke for Houston to even be pursuing Dwight.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
You guys are all way too quick to believe that every player is going to leave 30 million dollars on the table just because they threaten to do it.

So is he going to just not play after 4 years? :lol

Dwight, if he doesn't decline when he hits 30 should be able to pull 20+ mil. I think people are forgetting that he isn't losing 30 mil, he simply has to sign again and if you stack contracts side to side + assume he stays at a high level (he likely will) then he will lose less than 10mil all in all.

If you look at the fact that he's more likely to play better on a team he wants to be on and if he signs another max after he hits 30, the difference between the contracts is small and probably will be phased out if you consider that there are far more endorsement opportunities in LA & NY

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 01:56 PM

http://www.theyshoulddothat.com/images/monkeyTalk.jpg

ginobili's bald spot
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
So is he going to just not play after 4 years? :lol

Dwight, if he doesn't decline when he hits 30 should be able to pull 20+ mil. I think people are forgetting that he isn't losing 30 mil, he simply has to sign again and if you stack contracts side to side + assume he stays at a high level (he likely will) then he will lose less than 10mil all in all.

If you look at the fact that he's more likely to play better on a team he wants to be on and if he signs another max after he hits 30, the difference between the contracts is small and probably will be phased out if you consider that there are far more endorsement opportunities in LA & NY

I believe you are incorrect. The per year salary is lower if he doesn't re sign.

Kai
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM

You really don't get it. Dwight has not said anything about Houston good or bad. He has only said he wants Brooklyn and will test free agency if he gets traded elsewhere. Jesus, you Laker fans act like everywhere outside of LA is hell.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Why do you think Dwight opted in when he could have opted out and gone to the Nets in FA? It's because he wants the max and the Nets. Now he won't get the Nets, so the only thing left is money. Orlando was going to trade him to Houston at the deadline, he opts in because he knew he would lose alot by walking away, so he held onto hope that he would get traded to the Nets (The team he wanted all along) and the max.

And Deron didn't want to go to the Nets at first either. That changed. As much as Dwight flip flops, you HAVE to call his bluff. And if he walks, well we will be in a position where we're so bad that we don't have to tank. They'll just be bad. And if he re-signs, then it's a win too.

:lol Deron != bible thumping dwight, we all know Deron can be bought off being that he's a rather lazy player.

Have you considered the possibility that if he only wanted money his agent would point him to teams that have better endorsement opportunities than Houston? He really isn't losing too much money by just signing a 4 year deal with somebody else that he actually wants to be with.

He's not giving up 30mil unless you think, for some odd reason, he will stop playing when he hits 30. Sure he can get injured, turn into Oden and be able to collect a check for nothing, but it's very unlikely he will become injury prone.

Like I said, Houston is giving it all up for a fucking rental.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 02:03 PM
You really don't get it. Dwight has not said anything about Houston good or bad. He has only said he wants Brooklyn and will test free agency if he gets traded elsewhere. Jesus, you Laker fans act like everywhere outside of LA is hell.

:lol He never even O N C E mentioned the possibility of him wanting to be in Houston. He started out with a list of 4 teams he wanted to be on and excluded them all. LAL, Nets, Mavs and Magic

Right now, he's just saying Nets. If he was traded to LAL, Nets or Mavs then there is probably a 50-50 chance of resigning him. Houston, however, has never been mentioned and they are blindly going after him.

Keep the Laker smack where it's relevant, I'm not even sure he'd sign in LA. It's just much more likely than Houston.

ginobili's bald spot
07-11-2012, 02:04 PM
He's not giving up 30mil unless you think, for some odd reason, he will stop playing when he hits 30. Sure he can get injured, turn into Oden and be able to collect a check for nothing, but it's very unlikely he will become injury prone.

You aren't getting this. The annual salary is higher with bird rights.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I believe you are incorrect. The per year salary is lower if he doesn't re sign.

It is lower, I was saying that he isn't giving up 30 mil because he won't retire at 30 unless something happens to him. Can you honestly say there isn't a possibility of him signing another max at the end of 4 years?

I mean, yeah, he's going to make more money by getting the 5 year contract and there is just as good of a chance to sign another max probably. Still, he's never going to lose 30 mil from this. If he ends up in a more popular team he'd even make more off endorsements.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Another thing, it's a business and you can't just shy away from a deal because of a threat from a player under contract who loses money if he leaves. That's what the new CBA was designed for.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 02:07 PM
You aren't getting this. The annual salary is higher with bird rights.

You seem to be missing the fact that he isn't losing 30 mil

Show me the math he will lose 30 mil and let's assume he will sign a max after 4 years.

ginobili's bald spot
07-11-2012, 02:11 PM
It is lower, I was saying that he isn't giving up 30 mil because he won't retire at 30 unless something happens to him. Can you honestly say there isn't a possibility of him signing another max at the end of 4 years?

I mean, yeah, he's going to make more money by getting the 5 year contract and there is just as good of a chance to sign another max probably. Still, he's never going to lose 30 mil from this. If he ends up in a more popular team he'd even make more off endorsements.

If he signs another max contract or not has nothing to do with him giving up money on this contract. WTF aren't you getting about this? Do you understand why bird right were invented?

pass1st
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
If he signs another max contract or not has nothing to do with him giving up money on this contract. WTF aren't you getting about this? Do you understand why bird right were invented?

I'm getting that you're saying he will get paid more per year

I'm saying he isn't losing 30 mil. Show me the math that he will lose 30 mil like you said.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Here I'll help you with that

Season 1-4, he would lose: $3,419,346

In order to lose 26+ mil to constitute losing 30 mil he'd not have to play the 5th year at all :lol

Sportcamper
07-11-2012, 02:26 PM
You Laker fans act like everywhere outside of LA is hell.

Perhaps you are right…It is just that these over paid athletes could be looking at this 1st thing in the morning…
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhAWF5YFMoCiE3aWLulZY0SxhV6098J qoFE9MP0-DVuZWaZDdnXw

Or this...
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVLK45IvuV5q4ctl9fr327fc3IHWCbY iaf8C8zIhiyCYY6VeXpJQ

Budkin
07-11-2012, 02:26 PM
The Magic need to make Dwight squirm like he did to them. Keep him and find a better trade during the season. There is no deadline for them.

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 02:29 PM
The Magic need to make Dwight squirm like he did to them. Keep him and find a better trade during the season. There is no deadline for them.

Yes there is. Dwight's value will be shot at the deadline because no one wants a half year rental. If you have him for a year, you have a better chance of convincing him. Also, everyday you don't trade Dwight (Say the Nets are out), the offers decrease.

Killakobe81
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Just go ahead already with this bull-shit. Lakers taking a huge risk that Im not 100% sure he is worth due to the bad back and the prima donna attitude. If Rox want him so bad after the Yao injury issues let them take that risk. Bynum's knees are a risk too but if both issues do flare up Bynum has proven he can still be effective (though lazy) whith his shaky knees. Can Dwight be effective with a balky back? I think and hope so ... but Lakers, Rox and Nets are all taking a huge risk. Ours is even higher because we could potentially lose Bynum by keeping him twisting in the wind, like I said repeatedly shit or get off the pot. I get why we want Dwight but if he doesnt want to be here or the Magic dont want to trade him move on and build a bench. Find a suitable backup for Kobe and re-sign Hill to backup Bynum.

Banzai
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Perhaps you are right…It is just that these over paid athletes could be looking at this 1st thing in the morning…
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhAWF5YFMoCiE3aWLulZY0SxhV6098J qoFE9MP0-DVuZWaZDdnXw

Or this...
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVLK45IvuV5q4ctl9fr327fc3IHWCbY iaf8C8zIhiyCYY6VeXpJQ

:rollin

pass1st
07-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Yes there is. Dwight's value will be shot at the deadline because no one wants a half year rental. If you have him for a year, you have a better chance of convincing him. Also, everyday you don't trade Dwight (Say the Nets are out), the offers decrease.

So I guess a full year rental makes it okay :lol

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 02:34 PM
So I guess a full year rental makes it okay :lol
No one will give up as much for half a season as they would a full season. A team could still try to convince him with half a season, but you don't have much time to do so. Plus, Orlando will have zero leverage in asking price by then.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 02:37 PM
No one will give up as much for half a season as they would a full season. A team could still try to convince him with half a season, but you don't have much time to do so. Plus, Orlando will have zero leverage in asking price by then.

A full year rental is better, but it is still a rental :wakeup

djohn2oo8
07-11-2012, 02:40 PM
A full year rental is better, but it is still a rental :wakeup
You still haven't pointed out his options if he walks. That's the point. He won't have any.

pass1st
07-11-2012, 02:46 PM
You still haven't pointed out his options if he walks. That's the point. He won't have any.

You seem to think nobody will make moves to sign him if he walked. The teams in trade talks now aren't the only ones who would be interested in getting him, just the only ones who stand a chance to make a trade.

If he became a FA then it's a completely different situation.

Venti Quattro
07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
This deal is dead.

:lmao Dwight

LkrFan
07-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Caption this:

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/26276-2/Kobe+Bryant+talks+to+Dwight+Howard.jpg

pass1st
07-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Caption this:

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/26276-2/Kobe+Bryant+talks+to+Dwight+Howard.jpg

Kobe: "Okay, you're going to need to know this in a few years. When my hands are like this, pass me the ball. It doesn't matter if you have an open dunk or I'm 0-30, just pass me the ball and there will not be any problems"

Dwight: Hey, you're 10 and I'm 11!

TIMMYtoZO
07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
:lol Nets
:lol Lakers
:lol Both teams failing miserably at creating a super team
:lol Orlando's front office

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
This deal is dead.

:lmao Dwight

being mean is not nice...now the Magic realized quickly Dwight wasn't too smart when he opted in..They let him box himself in...I'm gonna knock on wood when I say this but I think LA was and has been their preferred trading partners all along...They played this out with Dwight, they stalled the Nets and let the Nets make all the moves to eventually shut Dwight out..They knew the Lakers had time and the Nets didn't. The Nets will now claim it's Dwight's fault. ( and it is) but Orlando will now trade him to wear he doesn't want to be..They saw that he would rather opt in than to play in LA...now he's boxed himself in...With the addition of Nash, Dwight will walk right into our arms...and Orlando will get Bynum which is what they coveted all along...

Dwight has got to be the dumbest of all athletes..and I say that hesitatingly because I don't like bashing my niggas but I can't defend this shit.....

Welcome to LA we'll call you - Dwight Tha Big Dummy :lol

Budkin
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Props to Orlando for hanging out Dwight to dry. That bitch deserves it.