PDA

View Full Version : New Homeland Security Laser Scanner Reads People At Molecular Level

cantthinkofanything
07-11-2012, 03:02 PM
This does not sound like an ultimately good thing.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/11/new-homeland-security-laser-scanner-reads-people-at-molecular-level/

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I winder how many false positives will be seen, or how many people will get caught up in being accidentally exposed to something they were unaware of.

technology is great, but it also allows for more ways for someone to frame someone else, or cause problems.

boutons_deux
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
There's no stopping the failed US security apparatus, which was 100% responsible, sitting on the fat asses waiting for retirement, for allowing 9/11, from using any and all technology to violate Human-Americans.

Anybody waiting for the outrage in Congress and regulations to protect civil liberties?

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 04:08 PM
This is all executive level stuff. Shouldn't we wait for Obama to do something about it? He has heads in these agencies.

boutons_deux
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
security apparatus is an infinitely expanding universe unto itself, after the Big Bang of 9/11.

NOBODY dare touch it or look into it.

Clipper Nation
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Where are all the libs to tell us how the government would NEVER misuse such technology...

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
All I hear is crickets.

clambake
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
this thing will expose your racist gene.

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 05:34 PM
this thing will expose your racist gene.
Looking in a mirror again?

Borat Sagyidev
07-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I winder how many false positives will be seen, or how many people will get caught up in being accidentally exposed to something they were unaware of.

technology is great, but it also allows for more ways for someone to frame someone else, or cause problems.

False positive? None. Accidentally exposed? The only issue with this would be eye exposure which has been worked out to be safe.

It's that good and it won't expose your genitals to a 19 yr old TSA agent that barely passed his GED exam.

It is just a flag. No one will get arrested on this by itself.

Wild Cobra
07-11-2012, 10:34 PM
It is just a flag. No one will get arrested on this by itself.
I understand that. That flag can be abused like any other, cause delays, make people miss flights, etc.

We don't need any of this added security process after 9-11. Securing the cockpits from forced entry is all that we need.

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

ElNono
07-11-2012, 11:13 PM
I'll take this over radiation scanners, tbh... even more so if it avoids the fucking line, taking off your shoes and all the theater...

Let's face it, this whole airport charade isn't going anywhere as long as politicos are afraid to be called "soft on terror!" :cry

Wild Cobra
07-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I'll take this over radiation scanners, tbh... even more so if it avoids the fucking line, taking off your shoes and all the theater...

Let's face it, this whole airport charade isn't going anywhere as long as politicos are afraid to be called "soft on terror!" :cry
We should vote them all out.

ElNono
07-12-2012, 12:21 AM
We should vote them all out.

We can't do that. To be a candidate in the first place you need to sell yourself like a cheap whore.

boutons_deux
07-12-2012, 05:17 AM
and then there's some good ol' police bullying and purely political intimidation.

SWAT Raid on Organizers of Occupy Seattle & E4E

Early morning, July 10, SWAT police forced their way into the Seattle apartment of organizers from the Occupy movement. The sleeping residents scrambled to put on clothes as they were confronted with automatic weapons.

The neighbor Natalio Perez heard the attack from downstairs: “Suddenly we heard the bang of their grenade, and the crashing as police entered the apartment. The crashing and stomping continued for a long time as they tore the place apart.”

After the raid, the residents pored over the papers handed them by a detective. One explained: “This warrant says that they were specifically looking for ‘anarchist materials’ — which lays out the political police state nature of this right there. In addition they were looking for specific pieces of clothing supposedly connected with a May First incident.

When the police finally left, they did not arrest anyone.

This action targets well known activists from Occupy Seattle and the Red Spark Collective (part of the national Kasama network). This apartment has been a hub for organizing the Everything 4 Everyone festival in August – to bring together West Coast forces for a cultural and political event building on the year of Occupy.

http://occupywallst.org/article/swat-raid-organizers-occupy-seattle-e4e/

Clipper Nation
07-12-2012, 07:48 AM
This, sadly...

cheguevara
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
:lmao thinking this is still about preventing a bunch of towelheads from hijacking planes

Bin Laden is laughing his ass off at american ppl from his underground cell at Area 51

cantthinkofanything
07-12-2012, 09:22 AM

I'm not worried about the airport applications as much as this technology being used widespread by law enforcement. Or others. Seems that someone could use this to create a mammoth database with everyone's personal health information by scanning them without their knowledge.