PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Win By 13!!!

Spartanacus
06-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Okay...so I'm grabbing at straws here on this depressing Monday morning, but they did outscore the Spurs by 13 throughout the 7 games. :rolleyes

I still can't get over the Pistons being one easy pass from RIP to Prince in the final seconds of OT in Game 5 that would have won the game...and probably the series. Everyone mentioned Horry's amazing shot (it wasn't that amazing) and Rasheed's lack of defense (I don't blame him), but nobody mentioned RIP's out of control drive to end the game...just like he did yesterday when we could have cut the late deficit to 2 I believe.

I know, I know...would of, could of, should of...

Ugh! Okay...so even though the better team lost, I give props to the Spurs. They did what it took to win the series, and that's all that counts.

Thanks for letting me post my self-therapy on-line.

I look forward to next year.

GO PACERS (the Pistons had there time in the sun for now)!!!

:cry :shootme :bang

Obi wan Ginobili
06-24-2005, 09:32 AM
In the words of Jack Nicholson, Better teams win seven game series'.

violentkitten
06-24-2005, 09:41 AM
hey piston fan, this isn't a self-help forum.

ducks
06-24-2005, 09:42 AM
so you are jumping from pistons to pacers now?

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 09:42 AM

You had me at Hello.. and you lost me here.

Piss on the Pacers.

bigzak25
06-24-2005, 09:45 AM
from pistons to pacers? that's like a spursfan jumping on the laker bandwagon....

BAD FAN. VERY VERY BAD FAN!

but great series!!! :smokin

drpill
06-24-2005, 09:47 AM
I agree that one could argue the Pistons were the better team. Through six games they had the look of a true champion, and i can't say the same for the Spurs. But when the chips were TRULY on the line they faltered and the Spurs didn't. After barely hanging on through six and three quarters the Spurs came out and flat out took this one away from the Pistons.

These are clearly the two best teams in the NBA right now and I don't see that changing any time soon, at least if LB returns or Detroit can find a suitable replacement. The Spurs have some room for improvement, though, whereas I think the Pistons are playing as well as they can (which says a lot for their character and heart, as well as their b-ball skill). They played fantastic ball and deserve every accolade they receive.

This was a great, great series, anyone who says different is obviously not a real sports fan.

MadDog73
06-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Everyone mentioned Horry's amazing shot (it wasn't that amazing)

What was Amazing about Horry in Game 5 was not that one shot. It was the 4 3-pointers before it, and the Dunk.

Never before have I see a role-player take over a game like that in the Finals. I mean, Steve Kerr had his run in 2003, but Horry was like a man possessed on both sides of the court. He personally willed the Spurs to victory that night... :D

JustSpurs
06-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Okay...so I'm grabbing at straws here on this depressing Monday morning, but they did outscore the Spurs by 13 throughout the 7 games. :rolleyes

I still can't get over the Pistons being one easy pass from RIP to Prince in the final seconds of OT in Game 5 that would have won the game...and probably the series. Everyone mentioned Horry's amazing shot (it wasn't that amazing) and Rasheed's lack of defense (I don't blame him), but nobody mentioned RIP's out of control drive to end the game...just like he did yesterday when we could have cut the late deficit to 2 I believe.

I know, I know...would of, could of, should of...

Ugh! Okay...so even though the better team lost, I give props to the Spurs. They did what it took to win the series, and that's all that counts.

Thanks for letting me post my self-therapy on-line.

I look forward to next year.

:cry :shootme :bang
Jeez Man...I don't know where you are but if it's already Monday there, there's something wrong.