PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Mav fan on signing my boy Kaman

BRHornet45
07-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Sons just heard the deal will be finalized today. I wanted Kaman back in NOLA. Damn good pickup by the Mavs.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 04:36 PM
From triple d dynasty to Chris fucking Kaman

Kai
07-11-2012, 04:38 PM
1 yr deal. Dirk - Dwight - CP3 next summer :lol

CubanMustGo
07-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Dirk and Kaman - the Twin Cavemen.

Clipper Nation
07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
1 yr deal. Dirk - Dwight - CP3 next summer :lol

Except without Dwight or CP3... :lol

whitemamba
07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Dirk and Kaman - the Twin Cavemen.

:rollin

The Gemini Method
07-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Team to beat this season in the West in my opinion...

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Next summer is the last chance to build a team in the dirk era tbh, after striking out this summer we gonna try to rely on FA again next summer. I highly doubt we will land anyone though.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
yeah for some reason i'm just not thrilled about this. all this move says is that they aren't committed to rebuilding and are going to try to lie to the fans and sell us on some shit product.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 04:48 PM
1 year 9 million is my guess

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Well that's what they did last year, big deal

jeebus
07-11-2012, 04:49 PM
So does the twin cavemen + Savior Sessions push the Mavs above .500 next season?

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 04:50 PM
1 year 9 million is my guess

if it's a 1 year deal i don't mind it. wanna be able to cash in on the better free agent class next summer tbh.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah it's a one year deal, just don't know how much yet but didn't he make like 11 or 12 mill last season?

And yeah next years FA class will actually be good unlike this years where it was Deron and a bunch of role players

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 05:06 PM
1 year 8 million is the deal. Not too bad although he is gonna miss like 30 games.

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
After getting Sessions and Miles, they'll probably be just about as good as last season :lol

And who knows, maybe Rodrigue Maximus Decimus Meridius Beaubois will actually not suck, and we'll get the 6 seed!

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
I'd take Roddy over David Lee.

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I'd take Roddy over David Lee.

It's simple math really, you take 9 points and 3 rebounds any day over 20 and 10.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Neither one will ever be a star so therefore their stats don't matter.

stretch
07-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Nice pickup. Always been a fan of Kaman's game. Solid low-post scorer, underrated post defender. Injury prone though...

Still a lot of holes left to be filled...

Any chance at them getting OJ Mayo? If they could find a way to get him, Sessions, and CJ Miles (or at least comparable parts in the form of a solid PG, scoring SG, and backup wing player), they could have a solid season. Their frontcourt is already going to be considerably better than last season, because almost anything is better than Haywood.

PG - Sessions, Roddy
SG - Mayo, West
SF - Marion, Miles
PF - Dirk, Wright
C - Kaman, Wright

Not a bad team, should be enough to get out of the first round at least. Not championship material, but with the unpredictability of basketball business, with solid players available they could possibly make a trade that could find a way to put them over the top (or at least maybe bring in a young talent that could provide a core for the future)

cd98
07-11-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm sure Cuban was dreaming of a Dirk/Kaman front line when he was letting J.J. and Tyson walk.

That said, Kaman and Dirk are friends, and though Kaman will miss roughly 30 to 40 games due to injury, at least Dirk will have someone to keep him company.

And it's not likely that Paul will leave L.A. to play with a 35 year old Dirk and Kaman; not when he has Blake.

BRHornet45
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Sons the Mavs are also the front runner and pushing hard for Belinelli as well. Damnit

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Nice pickup. Always been a fan of Kaman's game. Solid low-post scorer, underrated post defender. Injury prone though...

Still a lot of holes left to be filled...

Any chance at them getting OJ Mayo? If they could find a way to get him, Sessions, and CJ Miles (or at least comparable parts in the form of a solid PG, scoring SG, and backup wing player), they could have a solid season. Their frontcourt is already going to be considerably better than last season, because almost anything is better than Haywood.

PG - Sessions, Roddy
SG - Mayo, West
SF - Marion, Miles
PF - Dirk, Wright
C - Kaman, Wright

Not a bad team, should be enough to get out of the first round at least. Not championship material, but with the unpredictability of basketball business, with solid players available they could possibly make a trade that could find a way to put them over the top (or at least maybe bring in a young talent that could provide a core for the future)

Mayo's not taking a one year deal. Maybe they can get Aaron Brooks tho. He's nothing special but can hit 3's at least.

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 05:28 PM
I'd also rather just let West walk and throw Cunningham and Jones in there. Instead of keeping these young guys on the bench, just throw them out there and see if they can play or not. I'm 99% sure Jones will always suck, but at least give him one final shot to prove he can shoot jumpers better than a 2nd grader.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 05:29 PM
:lol only stretch can be that optimistic after a disaster offseason where you missed out on everything

clambake
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
the mavs signed sessions?

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
:lol I just looked at CJ Miles stats for the first time in about 2 years. So why exactly do we want a 3 point shooter who can't shoot 3's? Just cuz he's from Dallas?

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 05:33 PM
the mavs signed sessions?

no, we're just assuming he picks Dallas over Houston. Then again making an assumption like that is probably dumb considering the events of the last week.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 05:34 PM
No but they're having talks and getting close from what I heard. I think Haywood should stay this season because Wright isn't ready to be a backup C nor big enough. Kaman is also very injury prone and will miss 30 games this season

Shank
07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Peace out, Hayshitdickfuckasswood.

ElNono
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Good pickup, IMO. There just isn't that many good bigs FA left.

stretch
07-11-2012, 06:15 PM
:lol only stretch can be that optimistic after a disaster offseason where you missed out on everything

How optimistic is "that" optimistic?

Just because I'm not sitting here saying everything "fucking sucks" doesn't mean I'm particularly optimistic about the season. I said they need an additional 3 solid signings to MAYBE make it out of the first round.

Pretty much the only actual optimistic thing I said was that I like Kaman and thing he has an underrated game, despite his consistent injury problems.

Want some pessimism? I don't like what the hell Cuban and Donnie did, and they can both choke to death on a fat dick for all I care, despite the championship. It makes me sick when you look more closely and see how they fucked Dirk over multiple times (Cuban with his incessant bitching resulted in a rigged finals, Donnie not knowing how the fuck to get a legit all-star sidekick ever since Nash left even though Dirk took less money than he's worth, both of them throwing away a championship squad with HOPES that they MIGHT sign 2 superstar free agents).

Even though I'm a Dallas fan before a Dirk fan, nothing would please me more than to see Dirk get traded somehow to the Lakers or Thunder, and Dallas somehow flukes into the playoffs, only to face off against Dirk, and Dirk completely fucks Dallas in the ass en route to a monumental sweep, and gives Cuban his own version of a "fuck you" with a smile and handshake when it's all over with.

07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
dirk and kaman played together before on the german national team. how did that work out again?

Shank
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
dirk and kaman played together before on the german national team. how did that work out again?

Actually, pretty well, when you consider it pushed them over the line to actually make the Olympics.

Samuel Eto'o
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM

great fucking post, man.

Monostradamus
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM

They did just as well with a total shit supporting cast as Tony Parker and a team full of French NBA players did. Oh wait, they did better, they actually qualified to play in Beijing.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 06:29 PM
They did just as well with a total shit supporting cast as Tony Parker and a team full of French NBA players did. Oh wait, they did better, they actually qualified to play in Beijing.

:wow

Josepatches_
07-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Yes,now Dallas have the best of the German National team.

But they weren't able to qualify for the Olympics last year so they aren't so great tbh

pass1st
07-11-2012, 06:37 PM

But they weren't able to qualify for the Olympics last year so they aren't so great tbh

Must have sucked when the chucker stole Spain's hope for gold by going hero.

07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
rofl i was just asking a legitimate question since i don't remember how the german team did in the olympics.

Shank
07-11-2012, 06:39 PM

Because that's the real measuring stick. Not qualifying for the Olympics with a bunch of German scrubs that barely know how to play the game. Great post, tbh.

Monostradamus
07-11-2012, 06:39 PM
rofl i was just asking a legitimate question since i don't remember how the german team did in the olympics.

better than Tony Parker and the French team of NBA players. There's your answer.

weebo
07-11-2012, 06:40 PM
The mavs are in a shitty position. They're too good to have a disastrous season and just shitty enough to get bounced out in the first round.

Monostradamus
07-11-2012, 06:40 PM

Have fun getting curbstomped by the US again!

ROFL Spain. One cheap Fiba title :lmao

stretch
07-11-2012, 06:44 PM

this post = reason why all beaners should be banned

Pelicans78
07-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Thank goodness Kaman is gone. He sucked. One of the worst offensive players in the league. Shoots terribly from the field and turns the ball over. Doesn't play hard all the team either. Good riddance to that sack of shit.

crc21209
07-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Re-staaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkeeeedddd.

Pelicans78
07-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Mavs are collecting Hornets leftovers.

Spurs9
07-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Great pieces for a Geico caveman commercial tbh

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM

Surprised nobody shit on this with the ultra-obvious "lol mexican national team" comment

Latarian Milton
07-11-2012, 08:56 PM
solid pick, you signed an insurance of 15pts+ at the low post plus a bonus of some 10 rebounds a game which will at least prevent the team from sinking, while keeping the flexibility & hope for the 13' offseason

Pelicans78
07-11-2012, 08:57 PM
solid pick, you signed an insurance of 15pts+ at the low post plus a bonus of some 10 rebounds a game which will at least prevent the team from sinking

With 5 turnovers and 10-15 missed shots.