PDA

View Full Version : Mavs trade Mahimni for Darren Collison and Danhtay Jones

benefactor
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
Indiana will acquire Ian Mahinmi (4-years, 16 million) in a sign and trade with Dallas. Darren Collison and Danhtay Jones go to Dallas.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Good move, Collison is a stud. Good news imo. Jones from what I remember is in a deshawn Stevenson mold.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
I'd like to believe it but link???

baseline bum
Pretty good deal for Dallas.

Lincoln
They're both expiring contracts too I think

benefactor
07-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Givony is a solid source. He never tweets news unless it's legit.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Multiple people tweeting it so the official report should come out soon

benefactor
Aldridge confirms it too.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source confirms @DraftExpress report that Pacers will acquire C Ian Mahinmi from Dallas for G Darren Collison and swingman Dahntay Jones.

The Gemini Method
Nice pick-up by the Mavs...

Mavs get an up-and-coming PG so that would at least temporarily soothe the fanbases' concern.

benefactor
Damn good deal for the Mavs. Collison is legit.

timtonymanu
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
That's a pretty good deal for Dallas.

baseline bum
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Man, Pacer fans are NOT happy right now. Wondering if another deal is around the bend.

He doesn't mention the Collison deal explicitly, though that's what he has to be referring to.

FkLA
Is Indiana not matching Hibberts offer? Getting Collison for a back-up center is pretty solid for Dallas.

baseline bum
07-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm surprised Collison lost his starting job to Hill tbh. Hope he has a strong bounceback season.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2012, 07:27 PM
That's a lot of money for Ian.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 07:28 PM
We staaaaaackkeeedddddddd

Is it too soon?

timtonymanu
07-11-2012, 07:28 PM
4 years/16 million for fucking Ian Mahinmi

:lmao Pacers.

benefactor
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm surprised Collison lost his starting job to Hill tbh. Hope he has a strong bounceback season.
Me too. I wonder if they did this so there will be no drama about who the starter is. With the contract they gave Hill it's pretty obvious they feels he is the future for them at PG.

TimmehC
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
WTF, Pacers? Y'all just got raped.

Nathan89
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Indiana committing to G. Hill so nobody figures out how bad they got screwed by the Spurs.

Pelicans78
07-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Hill outplayed Collison last season.

Collison is a solid PG. Not a great talent, but can be a solid starter. Needs to learn how to play off the ball better. Pacers kept Hill because he's better, especially off the ball.

Pelicans78
07-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Personally, I would rather have Mahimni and Hill over Collison. DC is a nice player, but not anything special.

crc21209
07-11-2012, 07:41 PM
:lol Pacers. Paying 16 million for a Center who loves to foul out...

DontStopBelieving
07-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Mahinmi :lol

timtonymanu
07-11-2012, 07:42 PM
:lol Pacers. Paying 16 million for a Center who loves to foul out...

The Spurs should have tried to trade for him. :cry

Pelicans78
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Not sure why the Pacers gave him 4 years, but 4 million a year is cheap. Still, would have gone with 2 years at the most.

Mel_13
07-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Not sure why the Pacers gave him 4 years, but 4 million a year is cheap. Still, would have gone with 2 years at the most.

Wait to see how much of that 16M is guaranteed.

usdane
07-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA) Pacers have considered offer sheet, but prefer to make a trade for Augustine. As @DraftExpress (http://twitter.com/DraftExpress) reports, Indy traded Darren Collison to Mavs.

(http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/223213145827717120)

[/URL][URL="http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA"]Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA (http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/223212783733444608)
Indiana is pursuing a trade with Charlotte for restricted free agent point guard DJ Augustine, sources tell Y! Sports.

</div>

racm
07-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Hill/Augustin
George/Hill
Granger/George
West/Mahinmi
Hibbert/Mahinmi

STAAAAAAACKED :lmao

LakerHater
07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
@chadfordinsider (https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider):
Did the Pacers just trade a young, starting PG who led team in playoff PER for the right to pay a back-up center $16M?

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 08:16 PM
:wow holy shit, a day ago the Mavs were a lottery team, today they're back in the playoff picture. If they make a couple more decent moves then suddenly we might make it to the 2nd round.

Still not a contender, but today was a pretty damn solid day for Cuban and Donnie.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 08:19 PM
:wow holy shit, a day ago the Mavs were a lottery team, today they're back in the playoff picture. If they make a couple more decent moves then suddenly we might make it to the 2nd round.

Still not a contender, but today was a pretty damn solid day for Cuban and Donnie.

ummm kaman and collison are the saviors? imo we just went from maybe making the playoffs and being first round fodder to definitely making the playoffs to be first round fodder.

timvp
07-11-2012, 08:21 PM
An overpaid Mahinmi for Daren Collison? Got damn the Pacers are stupid. Mahinmi is a run of the mill backup bigman. Collison's ceiling is a legit starting point guard. Jones isn't special but he can be the type of high energy defender that works well next to Dirk.

Kevin Pritchard does some of the dumbest trades. This gift may take the cake, though.

Kai
07-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Pacers solidifying their status as the annual mini-boss half way to the championship for the Heat.

Lincoln
07-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Cool triple posts bro

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 08:23 PM
An overpaid Mahinmi for Daren Collison? Got damn the Pacers are stupid. Mahinmi is a run of the mill backup bigman. Collison's ceiling is a legit starting point guard. Jones isn't special but he can be the type of high energy defender that works well next to Dirk.

Kevin Pritchard does some of the dumbest trades. This gift may take the cake, though.

:lol bro you're having server issues. you just double posted and i even managed to triple post before that. and you get some weird server errer when you try to register a new username, just a heads up.

DPG21920
07-11-2012, 08:26 PM
How does someone ok this deal? I am not high on Collison, but he has some potential. I like Ian, but even without knowing the money details, they gave up too much talent (unless Ian makes a big step forward) and Collison/Jones have expiring/or/tiny value contracts.

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 08:29 PM
ummm kaman and collison are the saviors? imo we just went from maybe making the playoffs and being first round fodder to definitely making the playoffs to be first round fodder.

Not the saviors, but Collison could be a long term solution at PG and Kaman's got plenty of positives, first and foremost is that he's not Haywood.

Collison/Jones/Marion/Dirk/Kaman is a legit starting 5. This isn't nearly enough to get the Mavs back to contender status, but it's a nice start considering how disastrous the past year has been.

07-11-2012, 08:30 PM
wtf mahinmi could have yielded collison and jones? spurs should have kept him...

Spurs9
Good deal for Dallas, how they hell did you guys trick Indiana to do that deal :lol

mavs>spurs
How does someone ok this deal? I am not high on Collison, but he has some potential. I like Ian, but even without knowing the money details, they gave up too much talent (unless Ian makes a big step forward) and Collison/Jones have expiring/or/tiny value contracts.

mahinmi sucks and can't finish, this deal is highway robbery. collison has potential. he had a couple of huge playoff games this year. for the money, he's much better value than deron williams and ensures that we won't try to build around a pg. with that hole filled, it's likely they try to plug another hole besides pg next year in free agency.

07-11-2012, 08:32 PM
looks like larry bird really was the brains behind the pacers

DPG21920
07-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Yup, that is a good point although if Collison performs you bet your ass he is getting 10M+. But that is a good thing as Cubes can go after C's & F's vs a PG in FA next year and not have to overpay (as much) for a PG if Collison works out.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Not the saviors, but Collison could be a long term solution at PG and Kaman's got plenty of positives, first and foremost is that he's not Haywood.

Collison/Jones/Marion/Dirk/Kaman is a legit starting 5. This isn't nearly enough to get the Mavs back to contender status, but it's a nice start considering how disastrous the past year has been.

i'm high on collison for the same reason you are that he's young, and he's actually one of my favorite players so honestly i'm happy as fuck about this. but not becuase i see him as part of the solution to stopping this ship from sinking, but because he's a nice young rebuilding piece. we already extended wright, now resign collison and go after bynum next offseason and you're getting somewhere with developing a young core. but honestly i don't see dirk as part of that plan. it's time for the mavs to realize that this is a rebuilding effort, and that nothing they do is going to bring this team back from the dead.

if LA would agree to extend bynum and do a sign and trade for dirk, i do it right now in a heartbeat.

tesseractive
07-11-2012, 08:34 PM

Cosign. A couple of days ago the Mavs were a smoking hole in the ground, and now they're a legitimate NBA team again.

siraulo23
07-11-2012, 08:35 PM
shit wtf

great deal by mavs, indy couldnt keep both collison and hill, they had to give one up

but for ian mahinmi? steal by mavs

Samuel Eto'o
07-11-2012, 08:35 PM
definitely a boner inducing trade, imho. At the very least its chub status.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Diaw > Collison

Clipper Nation
07-11-2012, 08:36 PM
:wow holy shit, a day ago the Mavs were a lottery team, today they're back in the playoff picture.
Ehhhhh... too many decent teams at the bottom of the West playoff picture, tbh... but still better than the five-man roster the Mavs were rocking a couple days ago...

DPG21920
07-11-2012, 08:38 PM
I am not that high on Collison but it's good on several levels. I see the potential, but I just disagree on his ceiling. Mavs made very solid moves by only giving Kaman one year and by getting a young PG that is on his rookie deal still.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I am not that high on Collison but it's good on several levels. I see the potential, but I just disagree on his ceiling. Mavs made very solid moves by only giving Kaman one year and by getting a young PG that is on his rookie deal still.

even if he never improves even a hair he's still better than anything else that was available and he's only making 2.3 mil and 3.3 mil next year. you can't beat that.

monosylab1k
07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Ehhhhh... too many decent teams at the bottom of the West playoff picture, tbh... but still better than the five-man roster the Mavs were rocking a couple days ago...

Thunder/Spurs/Lakers are locks for the top 3. After that i'd say Clippers/Grizzles/Nuggets/Mavs are in a dogfight for the next few spots. Utah, Phoenix (pending FA signings) and Minnesota might be a dark horse for a bottom seed.

Mavs are absolutely a playoff team at the moment.

stretch
07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
If the Magic don't trade Howard before the season starts, these moves actually give the Mavs somewhat of a shot to land Dwight as they now have legit talent to offer, as well as quite a few expiring contracts.

Still a long shot, but a little less of one now.

stretch
07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Reports have it that the Mavs are pretty set on claiming Elton Brand after Philly amnestied him.

PG - Collison, Beaubois
SG - Jones, West
SF - Marion, Jones
PF - Dirk, Brand
C - Kaman, Brand

Not a bad team at all.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
why go after dwight instead of bynum? dwight will be 27 shortly after the season starts, and barring a major injury to bynum has much less of a shelf life. there has never been a superstar possibly in league history who was more dependent on freakish athleticism than howard. i could see him falling off the face of the earth at age 30-32ish. meanwhile bynum has the size and traditional skills necessary to succeed without athleticism and he's younger.

we're trying to get young and rebuild, right?

DPG21920
07-11-2012, 08:55 PM
If the Magic don't trade Howard before the season starts, these moves actually give the Mavs somewhat of a shot to land Dwight as they now have legit talent to offer, as well as quite a few expiring contracts.

IMO, they had a better chance with no one. Their best bet was to offer to take on Dwight + their two worst contracts and maybe get a third team involved to send a younger talented player.

They don't really have legit talent (Collison, while cheap, has been bouncing around and been pretty mediocre) that would interest ORL since they just re-upped Jameer as well.

stretch
07-11-2012, 08:58 PM
why go after dwight instead of bynum? dwight will be 27 shortly after the season starts, and barring a major injury to bynum has much less of a shelf life. there has never been a superstar possibly in league history who was more dependent on freakish athleticism than howard. i could see him falling off the face of the earth at age 30-32ish. meanwhile bynum has the size and traditional skills necessary to succeed without athleticism and he's younger.

Unless LA is simply trying to unload Bynum, I don't see how the Mavs could get him from them.

Seems only like they would trade Bynum if they could get Howard out of it.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 09:02 PM
bynum will be an unrestricted FA next summer LA won't have much say in where he chooses to go.

honestly, if theyd extend him and do a sign and trade for dirk straight up, it would be a dream scenario for me. i'm sure this opinion will be unpopular amongst mav homers but it's time to face it, we ain't winning another championship in the dirk era.

by the time we're able to maybe make a big signing next offseason for the 13/14 season, dirks performance in the 10-11 championship season will already be 3 seasons back. he's getting old. even a bynum or howard plus 35 year old defensive liability dirk plus scrubs won't get it done. it's in our best long term interest to rebuild and do it now. wright, collison, plus bynum in next years free agency would be a nice start.

Pelicans78
07-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Kaman won't make the Mavs any better. That dude blows. One of my least favorite Hornets of all time. Mavs need a center who will defend, rebound, and stay out of the away offensively. Kaman does anything but stay out of the way offensively. Demands the ball too much in the post, can't pass, turns the ball over, and forces bad shots. This dude is a black hole offensively. Plus he's getting 8 million when he's a flat out garbage player.

I like Collison since his Hornets days, but he needs the ball to be effective. He doesn't plaly off the ball that well. That's why Hill beat him out since he was much better than Collison last season. But Collison is young and cheap and can improve. He won't be that great of a player but should be a solid starter. Isn't that good defensively, but is really quick and can penetrate well. Needs to make his open jumpers consistently playing with Dirk.

DPG21920
07-11-2012, 09:10 PM
bynum will be an unrestricted FA next summer LA won't have much say in where he chooses to go.

honestly, if theyd extend him and do a sign and trade for dirk straight up, it would be a dream scenario for me. i'm sure this opinion will be unpopular amongst mav homers but it's time to face it, we ain't winning another championship in the dirk era.

by the time we're able to maybe make a big signing next offseason for the 13/14 season, dirks performance in the 10-11 championship season will already be 3 seasons back. he's getting old. even a bynum or howard plus 35 year old defensive liability dirk plus scrubs won't get it done. it's in our best long term interest to rebuild and do it now. wright, collison, plus bynum in next years free agency would be a nice start.

Glad to see you are on board now after melting down :lol. Even though the Mavs wasted a year of Dirk and whiffed on their master plan, I told you they are still in good shape.

Bynum was the one I told you about being a FA and you might be able to get Dwight too (if he makes it to FA). Mavs can't get two max guys, but if Collison works out, you might have a shot a Bynum (I think he doesn't make it to FA either though, he needs guaranteed money with his health) and another very solid player.

DPG21920
07-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Also M>S, Mavs kind of did what we spoke about. I had mentioned KG on a short-term deal to keep cap space, but now they will have Kaman instead (definitely a downgrade, but a stop gap). They missed on Deron, but they got a cheap PG who can possibly grow into a decent starter and if not, his cheap contract is easily tradeable.

They key was not to panic when they whiffed on the master plan and try to stay competitive while maintaining the cap space for what could be a much better FA class next year. The real issue is the ticking clock on Dirk possibly.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 09:13 PM
(I think he doesn't make it to FA either though, he needs guaranteed money with his health)

that's why i'm completely willing to trade dirk/marion for him. the lakers do it because they're in win now mode and get a couple of guys who can still play, and dirk/gasol are obviously a better fit at least offensively than bynum/gasol. the mavs do it to dump marions salary and get younger. this trade is a win/win for both teams and ensures us that we actually do get bynum instead of sitting there with our dicks in our hand while LA re-ups him.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
but obviously it'll never happen because mark cuban is a dumbfuck and he's in love with dirk.

Latarian Milton
07-11-2012, 09:32 PM
you ain't rebuilding a team around dirk who's already 34yr old, so you're on win-now mode as long as dirk plays. just spend the $ wisely and get the biggest/best talents at present time, and you're still a competitor in the west. there ain't no team capable of threatening us heat in the foreseeable future so stop dreaming about championships tbh, you got yours in 11

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
you ain't rebuilding a team around dirk who's already 34yr old, so you're on win-now mode as long as dirk plays. just spend the $ wisely and get the biggest/best talents at present time, and you're still a competitor in the west. there ain't no team capable of threatening us heat in the foreseeable future so stop dreaming about championships tbh, you got yours in 11

you're retarded if you wouldn't pull the trigger on dirk for bynum. if you start rebuilding now, hopefully by the time wade falls off a cliff in 2-3 years you're in position to step in and contend for a championship again.

Latarian Milton
07-11-2012, 09:44 PM
you're retarded if you wouldn't pull the trigger on dirk for bynum. if you start rebuilding now, hopefully by the time wade falls off a cliff in 2-3 years you're in position to step in and contend for a championship again.

dirk/pau would be a horrible combo to begin with, both soft as shit and they lakers don't need another guy to demand the ball when they already have nash & kobe. dirk would have to adjust his game to fit in lakers system which means he's efficiency would be heavily reduced

and there's no hell of way the lakers traded their future for a 35yr old TOSB, if there was a bynum for dirk offer on the table i would take it too, but you know it ain't ever happening in real

Sean Cagney
07-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Stupid fuckers........... IDIOTS, got raped.

Killakobe81
07-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Kaman won't make the Mavs any better. That dude blows. One of my least favorite Hornets of all time. Mavs need a center who will defend, rebound, and stay out of the away offensively. Kaman does anything but stay out of the way offensively. Demands the ball too much in the post, can't pass, turns the ball over, and forces bad shots. This dude is a black hole offensively. Plus he's getting 8 million when he's a flat out garbage player.

I like Collison since his Hornets days, but he needs the ball to be effective. He doesn't plaly off the ball that well. That's why Hill beat him out since he was much better than Collison last season. But Collison is young and cheap and can improve. He won't be that great of a player but should be a solid starter. Isn't that good defensively, but is really quick and can penetrate well. Needs to make his open jumpers consistently playing with Dirk.
I do think Hill is better but Collison was far more effective vs the Heat in the playoffs.

mavs>spurs
dirk/pau would be a horrible combo to begin with, both soft as shit and they lakers don't need another guy to demand the ball when they already have nash & kobe. dirk would have to adjust his game to fit in lakers system which means he's efficiency would be heavily reduced

and there's no hell of way the lakers traded their future for a 35yr old TOSB, if there was a bynum for dirk offer on the table i would take it too, but you know it ain't ever happening in real

bynum has been the subject of trade talks for a while now and there's that whole kobe thing back in 2006 or whenever it was wanting to have bynum traded. i'm willing to be there's some bad blood there. bynum can choose to walk this summer if he wishes, which is what might make LA bite at the offer.

Killakobe81

I don't like Kaman but Haywood sucks and Collision is better than sessions

BRHornet45
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM
sons Dallas loves getting former Hornets. real talk they made two pretty good moves today. Kaman and Collison will help them.

Latarian Milton
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM
as stupid as donnie & cuban have always been, they ain't trading dirk for bynum w/o the guarantee of him signing extension, and they know they'd have little chance to convince him to re-sign with the dirk-less mavs come 13' offseason

rumors said the lakers, magic and rockets :lol are brewing a 3-team deal that would send DH and J-rich to LA, houston would get bynum, but the obstacle is Orlando also want to shed turk's contract which neither team wants

ElNono
07-11-2012, 10:28 PM
steal for the Mavs, tbh... Do the Pacers know what they're getting?

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 10:28 PM
as stupid as donnie & cuban have always been, they ain't trading dirk for bynum w/o the guarantee of him signing extension, and they know they'd have little chance to convince him to re-sign with the dirk-less mavs come 13' offseason

rumors said the lakers, magic and rockets :lol are brewing a 3-team deal that would send DH and J-rich to LA, houston would get bynum, but the obstacle is Orlando also want to shed turk's contract which neither team wants

did you even hear what i said? i said sign him to an extension and do a sign and trade. i wouldn't do it for a 1 year rental of bynum either.

Latarian Milton
07-11-2012, 10:34 PM
steal for the Mavs, tbh... Do the Pacers know what they're getting?

when i first heard the news that dallas & pacers got done a S&T deal i thought they were about to get hibert :lol pacers still got robbed but it's not nearly as bad as if they lost hibert tbh

baseline bum
07-11-2012, 11:26 PM
If they get Brand off the amnesty waiver they'll come back with a significantly better team than last season's. I'm guessing they offer the entire $6.2 million they will have left under the cap in their bid. Might not be enough since the deal is in it's last year though.

C Kaman/Brand
F Nowitzki/Wright
F Marion/Dahntay Jones
G Carter/Dominique Jones
PG Collison/French Allah

I think that's a pretty huge improvement from last season and they'd only have $32 million committed for next summer (to Nowitzki and Marion) to make a run at Howard, Paul, or Bynum.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
^leave it to dallas to let collison go and make a run at paul instead of the 2 dominant bigs

Cant_Be_Faded
07-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Son of a bitch
If mavericks get brand and lakers get Bynum, I'm going to flip

baseline bum
07-11-2012, 11:40 PM
I wonder if they'll try to bring West back though. I think they'll need to renounce him to make that $6.2 million bid on Brand.

HeatChamps
07-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Thunder will still own them just like last year. Dirk isn't getting younger.

mavs>spurs
07-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Son of a bitch

calm your little be@ner scrote, mavs are only ensuring that they'll remain first/2nd round fodder for another year

Pelicans78
07-11-2012, 11:53 PM
I heard Demps may place a bid on Brand. Wouldn't surprise me if they try to get Haywood for cheap since they need a center.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-12-2012, 12:30 AM
calm your little be@ner scrote, mavs are only ensuring that they'll remain first/2nd round fodder for another year

But I already placed a 1000 dollar bet spurs would win the division

Jodelo
07-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Son of a bitch

Got some bad news for you...

K-State Spur
07-12-2012, 08:59 AM

i don't know what legit talent they have to offer? the only trade assets they have are expiring deals to give another team cap space, but ORL gets that if they just let Dwight walk. You can take back Turkoglu's deal too - but that's only going to have a year left after this season in itself.

yesterday was a good day for the Mavs, but I don't see it putting them any closer to landing Howard.

Spurtacus
07-12-2012, 12:45 PM
16 million for fouled out backup center? :lmao

Spurs looking good for letting his ass go.

Brazil
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Even though its a great deal for the mavs, Collinson shined during CP3 injury in a hornets jersey but has been more than so so since then.

Spurs looking BAD for letting Ian ass go

Spurtacus
07-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Even though its a great deal for the mavs, Collinson shined during CP3 injury in a hornets jersey but has been more than so so since then.

Spurs looking BAD for letting Ian ass go

Mavs got a steal but it doesn't put them back as contenders. I'd still take the old ass of Kidd over Collision.

Who says the Spurs could have gotten a similar deal if they held onto Ian for a couple of more years? Sure, they got nothing for letting him walk but at least they aren't paying him 4 mil a year.

Brazil
07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Mavs got a steal but it doesn't put them back as contenders. I'd still take the old ass of Kidd over Collision.

Who says the Spurs could have gotten a similar deal if they held onto Ian for a couple of more years? Sure, they got nothing for letting him walk but at least they aren't paying him 4 mil a year.

I'd still take Collinson over Kidd at least he is young and has upside.

I dunno know if Spurs could have gotten a similar deal but his contract shows that this kind of size is very valuable in the nba. I think it was a mistake to let him go for nothing for the mavs

Latarian Milton
07-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I heard Demps may place a bid on Brand. Wouldn't surprise me if they try to get Haywood for cheap since they need a center.

contract whore already amnestied so dallas are able to offer him more than what he expects, brand is almost locked for dem mavs now. they stacked