PDA

View Full Version : Is It That Hard?

spursince#99
07-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm getting frustrated and pissed off. Does it really take THIS much to get an athletic swingman who can excite us by being a highflyer? All I want is some excitement and more alley-oops. That brings adrenaline and momentum as well as an advantage from the crowd. Can WE trade a draft pick for Dorrell Wright?

Does it REALLY take 5 years to get an athletic big man who can defend, block shots, and disrupt the pick and roll? This is ridiculous. Get Bonner, Blair, draft picks, future draft picks, draft rights, Neal, and whatever else you need. All I ever wanted was a big. Is it THAT hard? I think we deserve a big man who I know is out there via trade. That's the least we can do. I'd say if R.C got us this big man he did all in his power for us to win a 5th ring but I can't vouch for him because he hasn't cleaned his damn goggles and looked well enough. It's out there, and if he gets it done future failures fall on Pop and the team. :rolleyes

spursince#99
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
P.S
I'd take Kenyon Martin for the right price.

spursince#99
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
P.S
I'd take Kenyon Martin for the right price.

racm
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Watch the Clippers instead if you want monkeyball instead of Euroball, tbh...

Kidd K
07-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm getting frustrated and pissed off. Does it really take THIS much to get an athletic swingman who can excite us by being a highflyer? All I want is some excitement and more alley-oops. That brings adrenaline and momentum as well as an advantage from the crowd. Can WE trade a draft pick for Dorrell Wright?

Does it REALLY take 5 years to get an athletic big man who can defend, block shots, and disrupt the pick and roll? This is ridiculous. Get Bonner, Blair, draft picks, future draft picks, draft rights, Neal, and whatever else you need. All I ever wanted was a big. Is it THAT hard? I think we deserve a big man who I know is out there via trade. That's the least we can do. I'd say if R.C got us this big man he did all in his power for us to win a 5th ring but I can't vouch for him because he hasn't cleaned his damn goggles and looked well enough. It's out there, and if he gets it done future failures fall on Pop and the team. :rolleyes

If you want to watch high flyers, go watch the teams at the bottom of the standings every year. That's where you'll find most of them.

Literally. I'm not just being sarcastic.

As for is it really that hard to get an athletic big man who can defend and block shows and disrupt the opponent's offense. . .uhh, yes?

Especially when we're always in the rock bottom of the first round draft every year. Those types of players are always gone by time the 10th-12th picks are entered. We'd have to be well below .500 to get them in the draft.

After all, Omar Asik, a TERRIBLE offense player who's VERY slow on defense. . . just got 9 mil a year! Hibbert is getting offered nearly a max deal.

Big men are extremely rare, and end up vastly overpaid because of it. You either get a complete garbage bigman, or you get an overpriced mediocre big man. Those are basically your options right now, unless you're a team with a billionaire owner who will pay 22m+ a year and go well into the luxury tax for a Dwight Howard.

Mel_13
07-11-2012, 07:49 PM
You may want to consider medication for your condition.

Vic Petro
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
It's my favorite game Troll, Teenager, or Both?

Em-City
07-11-2012, 07:53 PM
QjlFqgRbICY

spursince#99
07-11-2012, 07:54 PM
watch the clippers instead if you want monkeyball instead of euroball, tbh...

fuck that monkeyball shit!!! I want a => b i g m a n

benefactor
07-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Solid offseason grey thread.

7/10

spursince#99
Kenyon Martin, Brendon Haywood, Alexis Ajinca. Hell even Haddadi at this point so you know I've gotten VERY desperate :depressed

racm
Have you seen the SL roster? There's a few bigs there.

Which also happens to feature Ajinca.

Mel_13
07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
fuck that monkeyball shit!!! I want a => b i g m a n

Tim and Tiago are big.

racm
07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
A lot of Spurfans can't accept that SA has had one of the best all-time centers for so long tbh...

tesseractive
07-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Have you seen the SL roster? There's a few bigs there.

Which also happens to feature Ajinca.

Exactly. If Ajinca shows anything, I imagine he'd be available to sign. OTOH, if he can't show anything in summer league, I can't imagine that it would accomplish anything to sign him.

JaMychal Green is also an athletic dunker at PF that I hope the Spurs are considering for a roster spot.

Spur|n|Austin
07-11-2012, 08:55 PM

Your a fan of the wrong team then, tbh.

callo1
07-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Timmy can still jump over his trophies and his rings...does that count?

I don't need a player who can jump out of the gym, but I would like to see Tiago finish a bit stronger. Had the Tiago of the regular season shown up against OKC it would have been nice.

Dex
07-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Considering all of the athletic swingmen who the Spurs have tried have been an abject failures (see: James Gist, JAMES WHITE!, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Ian Mahinmi), then yes, it would appear to be that hard.

Every team in the league is looking for athletic big-men who can score, defend the paint, and block shots. The Spurs haven't had one since they used the #1 pick on a certain Hall of Famer. Do you think these kind of guys just grow on trees, or what?

JR3
07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Check out rucker park. And I'm sure the Harlem Globetrotters are coming to a city near you. Spurs fans are basketball purists.

Budkin
07-12-2012, 04:44 PM
No one stops James Gist.

Duncan2177
07-12-2012, 05:06 PM
no one stops james gist.

fart

DMC
07-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I want a rapist or two on the team, and someone who killed at least one other person in a car wreck or nightclub shooting.

DMC
07-12-2012, 08:03 PM

I don't need a player who can jump out of the gym, but I would like to see Tiago finish a bit stronger. Had the Tiago of the regular season shown up against OKC it would have been nice.

Depends on how he lines them up. Bet he cannot, but what a dunk contest dunk that would be, all 4 finals trophies, MVPs, finals MVPs and all the other awards out there stacked and he jumps them to dunk.

Too bad Blake will never have that opportunity.

BackHome
07-12-2012, 10:36 PM

I like Tiago but his ass needs to be in the weight room and he needs to practice with his back to the basket being guarded by smaller players. Oh and do one thousand free throws a day.

My main concern is Manu I don't know if he will last a whole season and I just don't hope the wheels fall off in the middle of the playoffs. I want someone who can hit the outside shot and the ability to take it to the rim. I know that is hard to find for a SF, but SG are a dime a dozen.

Our Two needs;

1. The big that we are being told we are trying to get I guess another Frenchie

2. We need a scorer SG I don't trust Manu to be healthy and we lost to OK because no one had the balls to shoot it was like pass the hot potato.

sananspursfan21
07-12-2012, 10:49 PM
thats what she said

callo1
07-12-2012, 11:13 PM
I like Tiago but his ass needs to be in the weight room and he needs to practice with his back to the basket being guarded by smaller players. Oh and do one thousand free throws a day.

My main concern is Manu I don't know if he will last a whole season and I just don't hope the wheels fall off in the middle of the playoffs. I want someone who can hit the outside shot and the ability to take it to the rim. I know that is hard to find for a SF, but SG are a dime a dozen.

Our Two needs;

1. The big that we are being told we are trying to get I guess another Frenchie

2. We need a scorer SG I don't trust Manu to be healthy and we lost to OK because no one had the balls to shoot it was like pass the hot potato.

I agree with you 100% there, and I know this sounds funny, but I still believe James Anderson can fill that role...yeah, I know, after hearing about training camp and how he was "impressive", he came out and flat out looked like garbage early in the season, but there were flashes later on. The guy has the tools, he just didn't have a mental grasp last season. I don't know if it was fear of injury, or just the inability to assert himself. One of the real problems with having vets like TD, TP, and Manu are that other players, especially young players are afraid of asserting themselves...heck, we saw vets like Brent come here and not fit in the first year or so.

I think JA can still do it. By the second half of the season, at least we saw that horrid high dribble start to fade. The guy can slash, he can get to the rim, and his athletic ability makes him capable of being able to finish...he has potential, but in the immortal words of Parcells, "potential means you haven't done it yet".

Unfortunately, the spurs don't have the cash to land a scoring SG, unless they manage to steal from somebody by somehow getting rid of Bonner, Blair and Neal. Neal and Blair can play...Bonner is the hard part to sell.

callo1
07-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Depends on how he lines them up. Bet he cannot, but what a dunk contest dunk that would be, all 4 finals trophies, MVPs, finals MVPs and all the other awards out there stacked and he jumps them to dunk.

Too bad Blake will never have that opportunity.

Hey, I'm talking one at a time for the trophies:)...the rings he can do all at once though.:lol

Spurs151
07-12-2012, 11:26 PM
I heard ajinca did horrible in the first day of workouts. Completely put of shape

slick'81
07-12-2012, 11:54 PM
I heard ajinca did horrible in the first day of workouts. Completely put of shape

hes a long shot for this team anyway

ace3g
07-13-2012, 12:02 AM

anyone stand out positively

RodNIc91
07-13-2012, 12:14 AM

You mean he was out of shape?? Did your source told you why was he horrible? Thanks for all the SL inside info BTW :toast

Mark in Austin
07-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Ghostwriter, is that you?

Spurs151
07-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Yeah I heard he was getting majority of his shots blocked, couldnt really defend on the post, couldn't knock down easy shots and kept complaining about how tired he was

Spurs151
07-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Yeah I heard he was getting majority of his shots blocked, couldnt really defend on the post, couldn't knock down easy shots and kept complaining about how tired he was

100%duncan
07-13-2012, 08:10 AM
:lmao