PDA

View Full Version : Mavs keep getting better and better: they just got Darren Collison

SpurPadre
07-11-2012, 10:23 PM
...and Dahntay Jones from the Pacers for Ian Mahinmi. Damn.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1634/darren-collison

ElNono
07-11-2012, 10:31 PM
:lol letting Ian walk

hooperflash
07-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Mavs suck.

sasffl
07-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Robbery. Pacers need Ian's 6 fouls

SpurPadre
07-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Collison> old fart Kidd

Collison> Jason Terry

And Mahinmi fucking sucks and Kaman is better than him. Dallas got better, much better.

UnWantedTheory
07-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Collison> old fart Kidd

Collison> Jason Terry

And Mahinmi fucking sucks and Kaman is better than him. Dallas got better, much better.
Don't blow a fucking gasket. They were decent moves but lets not overreact.

mexicanjunior
07-11-2012, 10:49 PM
The Pacers got fleeced on this one...Collison is a starter and Jones would be a very solid backup SG...Mahimi is a nothing more than a 4th big on the Pacers, behind Hibbert, West and Hansborough. Only way I see this making sense is if Hibbert has already decided to go to Portland.

SpurPadre
07-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Don't blow a fucking gasket. They were decent moves but lets not overreact.

I'm not blowing a gasket unless you have magical powers and can teleport to where I am and can see my demeanor while I'm typing. They made needed moves that makes them better than what they were this past season.

ernest787
07-11-2012, 10:52 PM
i don't understand the trade for Indiana unless they are getting ready to make another trade here shortly

SpurPadre
07-11-2012, 10:53 PM
i don't understand the trade for Indiana unless they are getting ready to make another trade here shortly

They seem to want Hill to be the starting PG but they're also looking into getting DJ Augustin.

Vic Petro
07-11-2012, 10:53 PM
They finished 7th this year and replaced Jason Terry with Darren Collison. They'll finish right around 7th again. Not a threat.

SenorSpur
07-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Mavs are stacked. :rolleyes

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Replacing Kidd/Terry with Collison/Jones? That's totally STAAAAAAAAACKED.

SpurPadre
07-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm not going to underestimate the Mavs, they've won a Championship more recently than we have too. A Dirk and Kaman tandem will be formidable in the front court and Collison is better than Kidd right now. Sure, they may still be a couple pieces away from truly contending but I'm not gonna look down on them yet.

DesignatedT
07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
lol

BatManu20
07-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Dirk and Kaman will be arguably the worst defensive front court in the West. They're an average team right now even with these moves.

T Park
07-12-2012, 12:12 AM
GNSF strikes again.

freetiago
07-12-2012, 12:16 AM
collison lost the PG spot to george hill
hes not very good
indianas problem will always be not having a star player/pg who cant create for others
not much of a difference between him and the savior sessions really

Dr. John R. Brinkley
07-12-2012, 12:19 AM
:lol letting Ian walk

If there's something to complain about (because there's always something to complain about) then it would be not keeping Ian around. Spurs went with Blair (which at the time was an understandable move) but now they can't even trade him for a Whataburger and fries.

Who cares about Dallas? The Spurs are still the better team.

slick'81
07-12-2012, 12:20 AM
lol kaman and collison big prizes

crc21209
07-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Eh...good, not GREAT players. I still see them as a 6 seed at best, 8 seed or lower at worst.

ElNono
07-12-2012, 12:49 AM
It's not as much as how good Collison or Jones are, it's how much they got for 2 fouls/minute... Plus they needed to get younger in the perimeter, and this move does that for them...

wildbill2u
07-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Mavs had tried for much bigger fish but came up empty before today. Talentwise they are way behind their championship team.

Steve-O-Matic
07-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Collison sucks. The Mavs got him because at this point they're desperate for bodies to fill out their roster and didn't have a single pure PG to speak of, plus he's in the final year of his contract. There's a reason IND gave him away for a backup center, and why he's already now on his 3rd team of his brief career. He doesn't see the floor, can't shoot from 3-pt range, and is a horrid, undersized defender. Collison actually had the worst Plus/Minus in the entire league - all players! - during the 2010/11 season. Collison is a middling backup at best, and a flat out liability as a starter. The Mavs didn't get better, they got dumber.

racm
07-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Collison is also undersized. Sure he's got a good vertical (6 feet but dunks) but bigger guards will hamper him.

benefactor
07-12-2012, 07:15 AM
This is your second crybaby thread in a row. Give it a fucking rest.

dd99
07-12-2012, 07:27 AM
why still underestimate Mahinmi? He will be more useful than Bonner and Blair comes playoffs!

100%duncan
07-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Ahhhh.... Darren Collison, another overrated n!gga

Knoxxx
07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
At first I thought that was the big white guy from OKC, pretty decent player, and was like how in the world?

In this case, YAWN...

Bruno
07-12-2012, 09:14 AM
WoW
$16M/4 years for Mahinmi

Anyway, I'm happy for him. He is a nice hard working guy who got hsi first child so it's great he got all that money.

Mavs are doing well regarding the constraint of only taking 1 year contracts but their summer is still a disaster. I don't get why Paces have added another center after re-singing Hibbert to a mac contract and drafting a center with a late first round pick.

racm
07-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Not to mention Plumlee doing well in Summer League...

lefty
07-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Spurstalk keep getting worse: they just got SpursPadre

stxspurs
07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
OP ooh noooooes Lol.

jmanu20
07-12-2012, 10:35 AM
The Mavs were a 7th seed before these moves.

I don't even know if they are still a playoff team especially with the Wolves and Jazz on the rise.

CGD
07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Never understood the fascination with Collision. He's decent, but probably a solid backup at best (e.g., Chris Duhon). I mean the guy just got traded away bc the Pacers thought a tweener could run the point better.

SpurPadre
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
It's not as much as how good Collison or Jones are, it's how much they got for 2 fouls/minute... Plus they needed to get younger in the perimeter, and this move does that for them...

THANK YOU. Finally someone with some brains, here unlike that T. Park idiot here using the lazy "GNSF strikes again" response.

SpurPadre
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Spurstalk keep getting worse: they just got SpursPadre

You're an idiot and you know nothing about basketball.

SpurPadre
07-12-2012, 11:43 AM
This is your second crybaby thread in a row. Give it a fucking rest.

A bunch of punk ass cyber bullies here. Relax, it's just a fucking thread.

Mel_13
07-12-2012, 11:43 AM
THANK YOU. Finally someone with some brains, here unlike that T. Park idiot here using the lazy "GNSF strikes again" response.

It was a good trade for the Mavs.

The premise of your thread (Mavs keep getting better and better) is still ridiculous. The Mavs got progressively much, much worse from where they were in June 2011 to where they were a few days ago. They are making some moves to repair some of the damage, but still remain significantly worse than they were a little more than a year ago.

CubanMustGo
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
You're an idiot and you know nothing about basketball.

From your posting history I'd wager he's not alone in that assessment.

SpurPadre
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM
From your posting history I'd wager he's not alone in that assessment.

Actually, I'd argue from the posting history of those with over 1,000 posts, you guys just like to go out of your way to insult those with much less posting history just because.

benefactor
07-12-2012, 12:02 PM
A bunch of punk ass cyber bullies here. Relax, it's just a fucking thread.
No bullying...just questioning your quality. Your past two threads have :cryLakers are going to get Howard:cry and :cryOh noes dey Mavs are getting good again:cry. Try giving the whining a rest and start talking about basketball.

TheCerebral1
07-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Collison was a monumental disappointment in Indiana. Not to say anything but, George Hill who didn't look great is better than him. It's a good get considering that they had no options outside of maybe Sessions who isn't a great facilitating guard. Kaman was a good add too.

trollt
07-12-2012, 12:07 PM
why so butthurt?

SpurinDallas
07-12-2012, 12:19 PM
F The Mavs! This was Rick Carlisle's quote a few days ago: "With a little luck, we could be playoff contenders". What a joke they have quickly become. :lol

SpurPadre
07-12-2012, 12:29 PM
No bullying...just questioning your quality. Your past two threads have :cryLakers are going to get Howard:cry and :cryOh noes dey Mavs are getting good again:cry. Try giving the whining a rest and start talking about basketball.

Alright, it's all rah-rah-rah, here. I get it now and I'll adjust my posts but I'm gonna call it like I see it, too.

dbestpro
07-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Collison is no better than Patty Mills and Kaman at this point in his career is no better than Splitter. Two Mav starters are no better than two Spur bench players. So what?

lefty
07-12-2012, 12:36 PM
:cry

Mel_13
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Alright, it's all rah-rah-rah, here. I get it now and I'll adjust my posts but I'm gonna call it like I see it, too.

You don't get it. You caught grief because your posts were emo and whiny and lacked a good basketball foundation, not because you weren't rah-rah enough.

SpurPadre
07-12-2012, 12:44 PM
You don't get it. You caught grief because your posts were emo and whiny and lacked a good basketball foundation, not because you weren't rah-rah enough.

Alright, alright fair enough. I'm ready to move on.

Brazil
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Collinson sucks

:lol loosing his starting PG profit to George 0.3 assist per game Hill

Spurtacus
07-12-2012, 01:17 PM
I'd still taking Kidd > Collision if I'm going for a championship.

Kaman was a good pickup though. Definite upgrade over Haywood.

dbestpro
07-12-2012, 01:19 PM
All we have to do is get rid of Bonner and Blair and we wil still have the best off season of any team.

Seventyniner
07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
It's easy to get better and better when you bottom out.

DesignatedT
07-12-2012, 03:29 PM
With the Pacers looking like they are getting Augustine, this trade looks a little better for them.

rascal
07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
With the Pacers looking like they are getting Augustine, this trade looks a little better for them.

Still doesn't look good. They should have gotten more than Mahinmi.

rascal
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
All we have to do is get rid of Bonner and Blair and we wil still have the best off season of any team.

Nope. Lakers getting Nash. Spurs staying the same, signing their own players.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2012, 04:04 PM
It's a sign of how bad the Mavs got when you can come up with "Mavs keep getting better and better: they just got Darren Collison".

tesseractive
07-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Nope. Lakers getting Nash. Spurs staying the same, signing their own players.
The Nets may have totally screwed their cap, but they went from terrible and utterly unwatchable to a lower-tier playoff team just in time for their move to a new stadium and a new audience. Even if they're still not a contender and they're hemmed-in capwise, it's a fairly sensible set of moves as a way of recruiting new fans.

Lakers are moderately better with Nash. He's clearly a step up from Sessions. But they weren't a serious title contender before, and they're still not one now, IMO.

e20dylan
07-12-2012, 06:25 PM
well HOLD ON A MOTHER FUCKING GOD DAMN SECOND

I usually dont post but with this STUPID ASS FUCKING THREAD I FEEL THAT I HAVE TO.

so let me get this out of the way FUCK THE MAVS AND THEIR FAGGOT ASS FANS.

so let me get this straight. the team that dirk took a paycut for and lost all those championship pieces. I dont need to name them all even though most of you fucking idiot mav fans couldnt name you're own trash. You lost ALL those championship pieces. THEN on top of that YOU LOSE OUT ON DERON WILLIAMS WHICH YOU BANKED YOU'RE WHOLE OFF SEASON ON AND WASTED A POTENTIAL CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON TO SIGN. LMAO!!!!! ok THEN kidd and terry walk. LMAO!!!! YOU have the fucking nerve to come on here and post about the mavs getting better!?!?!?!?! THEY ARE IN FUCKING TURMOIL!!!! I LOVE IT

mark cuban is way madder then I am right now.

racm
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM
So let's see

Barea/Kidd/Terry turned into Collison
Chandler turned into Kaman
Stevenson turned into Jones

...wow, Dallas is still worse than 2011. :lmao

Lincoln
07-12-2012, 06:46 PM
well HOLD ON A MOTHER FUCKING GOD DAMN SECOND

I usually dont post but with this STUPID ASS FUCKING THREAD I FEEL THAT I HAVE TO.

so let me get this out of the way FUCK THE MAVS AND THEIR FAGGOT ASS FANS.

so let me get this straight. the team that dirk took a paycut for and lost all those championship pieces. I dont need to name them all even though most of you fucking idiot mav fans couldnt name you're own trash. You lost ALL those championship pieces. THEN on top of that YOU LOSE OUT ON DERON WILLIAMS WHICH YOU BANKED YOU'RE WHOLE OFF SEASON ON AND WASTED A POTENTIAL CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON TO SIGN. LMAO!!!!! ok THEN kidd and terry walk. LMAO!!!! YOU have the fucking nerve to come on here and post about the mavs getting better!?!?!?!?! THEY ARE IN FUCKING TURMOIL!!!! I LOVE IT

mark cuban is way madder then I am right now.

:rollin these shit ass mavs have a better Frontcourt than your beloved spurs

Trill Clinton
07-12-2012, 06:50 PM
collison is aight but he's not ill.

e20dylan
07-12-2012, 06:57 PM
:rollin these shit ass mavs have a better Frontcourt than your beloved spurs

not even in the worst scenario is that true. spurs got the better front court better back court better front office. fuck yourself trash can pussy

Lincoln
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
not even in the worst scenario is that true. spurs got the better front court better back court better front office. fuck yourself trash can pussy

Hey fuckface, how come they haven't been able to win shit since 2007 then? You really think Blair, bonner, tiag:lol, and Diaw are better than Kaman, wright, and brand?

Lincoln
07-12-2012, 07:05 PM
What the fuck is a "trash can pussy"?

ElNono
07-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Lincoln, Niglet!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Mavs are decidedly average. Their entire strategy this offseason is stacking up 1yr contracts so they can have a big run at FAs next off-season. They got the better of this deal, but it's not a difference maker.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Collison sucks. The Mavs got him because at this point they're desperate for bodies to fill out their roster and didn't have a single pure PG to speak of, plus he's in the final year of his contract. There's a reason IND gave him away for a backup center, and why he's already now on his 3rd team of his brief career. He doesn't see the floor, can't shoot from 3-pt range, and is a horrid, undersized defender. Collison actually had the worst Plus/Minus in the entire league - all players! - during the 2010/11 season. Collison is a middling backup at best, and a flat out liability as a starter. The Mavs didn't get better, they got dumber.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Indy traded him for the same reason we traded GHill last summer. He's about to get paid, and they don't have a role for him at that salary.