PDA

View Full Version : Not Wade. Not The Kang. Not Melo. Not CP3...

LkrFan
07-12-2012, 05:21 AM
It was Kobe that closed out the 2008 Gold Medal game v. Spain. Visual proof:

fhpVE5Yfvhc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Notice all them damn all stars deferring to the Black Mamba. Notice the easy breakaway buckets CP gets him - then imagine Nash doing the same :toast. Notice the easy dunk Kobe gave D-12 with the easy assist. Notice that jumper and how open he is when playing with a real PG. Notice by his mere presence how many open looks his teammates got.

See what I did there ^ ? Discuss sons. :downspin:

Clipper Nation
07-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Notice that it's not an NBA game that counts, so TOSBryant's ego isn't in full-on chuck mode...

BUMP
07-12-2012, 09:04 AM
http://exiledonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/super-retard.JPG1.jpeg

Hey look! I'm trolling!

Ace
07-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Four years ago Kobe was in his prime. Now, well he's shooting :lmao 43%

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Wasn't it also Kobe who shot 4-13 against Ang:lolla

Venti Quattro
07-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I watched that game, beautiful.

The Gemini Method
07-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I remember that game and yeah, it looked like the rest of the team was floundering and Kobe did deliver in the clutch. It was an exciting end to the run. It will be interesting to see how much he can provide at an older age. I think, though, LeBron and Durant are now capable to shine in those moments if Kobe is no longer up to par.

pass1st
07-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Nobody can really argue that he's the main reason we didn't come home with silver, he was involved in almost every point after Spain came within 2. You have to respect how he took over the game, he not only scored but he also involved the entire team.

Too bad he doesn't play like this in the NBA :lol

Venti Quattro
07-12-2012, 10:36 AM
lolwhat

He might play too selfish for our convenience, but it's that kind of play that helped land the Lakers five more rings.

The Gemini Method
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, the guy gets his share of deserved scorn, but Venti is right--we have been spoiled to have had success under his career. Hate him or love him or somewhere in between, it will be a sad day when he is no longer no. 10 on the Olympic team and no. 24 on our beloved Lakers.

stretch
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Nobody can really argue that he's the main reason we didn't come home with silver, he was involved in almost every point after Spain came within 2. You have to respect how he took over the game, he not only scored but he also involved the entire team.

The main reason? To say he is the main reason, just because he finally got hot for one game is ridiculous, considering how he was nearly non-existent for multiple games prior to the gold medal game.

The main reason they won gold is because Wade and Lebron were workhorses game after game, along with Carmello scoring almost at will. When Kobe finally got a real hot hand, they keep feeding the hot hand, as any smart basketball player should do.

Venti Quattro
07-12-2012, 11:07 AM
also, lol "Kang". What a skank hoe word to say. Are you a skank, LkrFan?

The Gemini Method
07-12-2012, 11:09 AM
No real set 'main reason' to the team winning the gold because it actually took the whole team effort to win it. You had LeBron and Wade providing the offense while Odom and Kobe did all the other stuff and the ability of the team, as in any case when you have this many talented egos, to actually accept their roles as say--defensive stopper or rebounder is more what won the gold than the play of one or two players. It was just a combo of things and Kobe ended up being the one who ended it.

pass1st
07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
The main reason? To say he is the main reason, just because he finally got hot for one game is ridiculous, considering how he was nearly non-existent for multiple games prior to the gold medal game.

The main reason they won gold is because Wade and Lebron were workhorses game after game, along with Carmello scoring almost at will. When Kobe finally got a real hot hand, they keep feeding the hot hand, as any smart basketball player should do.

That's the main reason they got to the finals. The reason they won was because when Spain came within 2, Kobe took over the game. He didn't just score, he was involved in almost every key possession.

If Mavs - Heat went to game 7 and Mavs were up by just 2 after having a huge lead, would you say Dirk won them the game if he suddenly stepped up his game and orchestrated all the key possessions leading to a win?

Kobe is far from my favorite player, but the man deserves props for for playing what is probably one of the best 4th quarters in olympic basketball.

TheRealCB
07-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Sons this game was pure greatness by Kobe.Stop being such homers. :toast

stretch
07-12-2012, 11:31 AM
That's the main reason they got to the finals. The reason they won was because when Spain came within 2, Kobe took over the game. He didn't just score, he was involved in almost every key possession.

If Mavs - Heat went to game 7 and Mavs were up by just 2 after having a huge lead, would you say Dirk won them the game if he suddenly stepped up his game and orchestrated all the key possessions leading to a win?

Kobe is far from my favorite player, but the man deserves props for for playing what is probably one of the best 4th quarters in olympic basketball.

I agree completely that he deserves great credit for an amazing 4th quarter.

I still disagree completely that he is the main reason the won gold. Had it been him running the show for the 7 games prior, and not Lebron, they almost certainly aren't even in the gold medal game.

pass1st
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree completely that he deserves great credit for an amazing 4th quarter.

I still disagree completely that he is the main reason the won gold. Had it been him running the show for the 7 games prior, and not Lebron, they almost certainly aren't even in the gold medal game.

Who would you give more credit to, somebody who carried the load along the way to the finals or somebody who got it done in the final game where the game was on the line?

Me, personally, would give the latter more of a nod. Sure he puts in less work, but he's the one who won that game and that game happened to be the most important one. And honestly, Spain was the only team that could compete with us after Manu was was hurt. We won all the other games by 20+ points I think, it wasn't really a big burden to carry team USA to the finals.

Now, if Lebron & crew did work carrying them past multiple playoff level teams then ofc he'd get most of the credit.

Venti Quattro
07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
It's also mind-boggling how fat Marc Gasol was in 2008.

scanry
07-12-2012, 11:52 AM
It's also mind-boggling how fat Marc Gasol was in 2008.

He still is.

stretch
07-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Who would you give more credit to, somebody who carried the load along the way to the finals or somebody who got it done in the final game where the game was on the line?

Me, personally, would give the latter more of a nod. Sure he puts in less work, but he's the one who won that game and that game happened to be the most important one. And honestly, Spain was the only team that could compete with us after Manu was was hurt. We won all the other games by 20+ points I think, it wasn't really a big burden to carry team USA to the finals.

Now, if Lebron & crew did work carrying them past multiple playoff level teams then ofc he'd get most of the credit.

That's stupid.

That would be like if a genius created an amazing invention, but someone else plugged battery power into the invention to make it begin working, and the latter person gets all the credit for everything.

How come Odom doesn't get credit for the 2010 World Championships, as the person who won Gold for the US? He basically did the exact same thing as Kobe. Durant did most of the work for the majority of the tourney, then suddenly in the 4th, Odom got hot and was making big play after big play. Does it mean Odom should get credit for getting the Gold?

Kobe got hot at a good time, and that was all. He was nearly non-existent for the duration of the olympics. He deserves credit for what he did, but Lebron, Wade and Carmello still deserve more for carrying the team through the majority of the olympics.

Venti Quattro
07-12-2012, 11:59 AM
He still is.

Not really. You are underestimating how fat Marc was in 2008.

http://i45.tinypic.com/ve22iw.jpg

pass1st
07-12-2012, 12:02 PM
That's stupid.

That would be like if a genius created an amazing invention, but someone else plugged battery power into the invention to make it begin working, and the latter person gets all the credit for everything.

How come Odom doesn't get credit for the 2010 World Championships, as the person who won Gold for the US? He basically did the exact same thing as Kobe. Durant did most of the work for the majority of the tourney, then suddenly in the 4th, Odom got hot and was making big play after big play. Does it mean Odom should get credit for getting the Gold?

Kobe got hot at a good time, and that was all. He was nearly non-existent for the duration of the olympics. He deserves credit for what he did, but Lebron, Wade and Carmello still deserve more for carrying the team through the majority of the olympics.

From the looks of the game, the guy who invented the machine didn't have the arms to plug it in :lol

I'll give you another analogy. It's like if two people were putting a tv into an apartment on the 2nd floor. One guy wheels the TV from the truck to the stairs in a trolly cart, but the other guy carries it up the flight of stairs. Who had the more important role?

stretch
07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I'll give you another analogy. It's like if two people were putting a tv into an apartment on the 2nd floor. One guy carries the TV from the store which is a mile away, but the other guy carries it up the flight of stairs. Who had the more important role?

fify

pass1st
07-12-2012, 12:12 PM
fify

Australia - Beat by 29 points
Argentina - Beat by 20
Spain - Beat by 10

Australia & Argentina somehow represents a huge burden :lol

Fact: Spain was the ONLY team capable of competing with USA, everybody else had zero chance to beat us.

Also, Kobe carried the game vs Australia, for whatever that's worth

The Gemini Method
07-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't give Kobe all the acclaim, but to say he was non-existent in the 2008 Olympics is not accurate. He finished 3rd in scoring (Wade: 128, LeBron 124, and Kobe 120); logged the most minutes on the floor with 23.5 minutes; and had the most assists out of the SG. Granted, he shot more shots than anyone on the team (chucker moments) and he didn't shoot well (46%). But he did lead the team in scoring on two occasions (vs. Greece and Australia) It would be more fair to say it was a combo of a myriad of things that aided the U.S. to victory--well, that and the team is always stacked.

Seventyniner
07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
So...OP is saying that the current Lakers would take gold in the Olympics?

I guess so, especially if you take P. Gasol away from Spain.

07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
:lol lakerfan revisionists. wade and lebron closed that game with their play making and clutch shooting. wade nailed a 3 off of a lebron drive and kick to seal the game. kobe was too busy chucking the ball.

Top 3 scorers in the 2008 Olympics:

Wade, 47-70, 67.1 FG%, 47.1 3PT%, 16 ppg
Lebron, 50-83, 60.2 FG%, 46.4 3PT%, 15.5 ppg
Kobe, 48-104 :lol, 46.2 FG%, 32.1 3PT% :lol, 15 ppg

so kobe jacked up 21 more shots than lebron, 34 more than wade and still could only manage third place in points per game.

Venti Quattro
07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
:lol lakerfan revisionists. wade and lebron closed that game with their play making and clutch shooting. wade nailed a 3 off of a lebron drive and kick to seal the game. kobe was too busy chucking the ball.

so kobe jacked up 21 more shots than lebron, 34 more than wade and still could only manage third place in points per game.

24Du4KucPOw

07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
24Du4KucPOw
s9-MNf2RO5k

9:13

:lol kobe thinking the game was over :lol up by 5 vs only up by 4 :lol 3:10 left vs 2:06 :lol playing keep away from kobe :lol lebron had kobe wide open in the corner, decided to pass to wade instead

Venti Quattro
07-12-2012, 01:59 PM
:lol three straight plays to give the US breathing room
:lol back-breaking four point play

07-12-2012, 02:07 PM
:lol three straight plays to give the US breathing room
:lol back-breaking four point play
4:53 No.10 Bryant, Kobe (USA) missed the 3 point field goal attempt
3:10 99 : 108 No.10 Bryant, Kobe (USA) made a free throw
3:10 99 : 107 No.10 Bryant, Kobe (USA) hit the 3 point shot (Ass No. 9)
2:35 No.10 Bryant, Kobe (USA) missed the 3 point field goal attempt

:lol 3 straight plays of what?

Venti Quattro
07-12-2012, 02:11 PM
:lol 3 straight plays of what?

Start watching the post #1 vid at 1:00, bitch :lol

07-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Start watching the post #1 vid at 1:00, bitch :lol
:lol highlight reel vs the facts

let me show you bonner's to convince you he nails 100% of his 3 point shots in the playoffs :lol

pass1st
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM

Wade & Lebron were the ones controlling the game until Spain came within 2.

What sealed the game was Kobe's &1 3 pointer tbh. Kobe didn't have very impressive stats, but he lead his team past the only challenge they faced. Nobody was clicking in the 4th because they were never challenged, when that finally happened they were on the verge of shitting the bed.

Tbh, Kobe deserves just as much if not more credit for the gold.

stretch
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
What sealed the game was Kobe's &1 3 pointer tbh.

:rollin obviously you didnt watch the game

Only a dumbass would say that it sealed the game, when Spain went on another run to get within 4 with over 2 minutes to go.

Wade's 3 (coming from penetration and kickout by Lebron) is what sealed the game, not Kobe's 4-point play.

LkrFan
07-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Signing with Dallas: It's so easy a caveman can do it.

6th seed/1st round is the Mavs' 2013 ceiling. Neal with det _irk / Caveman Frontcourt. :lol

pass1st
07-12-2012, 03:55 PM
:rollin obviously you didnt watch the game

Only a dumbass would say that it sealed the game, when Spain went on another run to get within 4 with over 2 minutes to go.

Wade's 3 (coming from penetration and kickout by Lebron) is what sealed the game, not Kobe's 4-point play.

I said that for a specific reason to draw you or spurfan out :lol

If you watched the game, Spain's momentum was halted at that point and that was the moment the other players began to get their heads on straight. Wade's 3 didn't seal the game because the game was done. Spain wasn't coming back after that shot, Navarro was the trying to go hero and the Gasol's were getting sloppy (the main reason they could even compete was because of them).

Every time Spain got closer, USA pulled away after Kobe's 3. Why? Because that's when the team finally fucking clicked.

:lol thinking beating any team besides Spain was a burden
:lol not realizing how close USA was to losing the game
:lol defending LBJ when he was quiet when the game was on the line

lefty
07-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Too bad Kobe can't do that when it really matters

pass1st
07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Too bad Kobe can't do that when it really matters

I already said I wished he was like that in the playoffs :lol

07-12-2012, 06:42 PM
What sealed the game was Kobe's &1 3 pointer tbh.

s9-MNf2RO5k

9:13

:lol kobe thinking the game was over :lol up by 5 vs only up by 4 :lol 3:10 left vs 2:06 :lol playing keep away from kobe :lol lebron had kobe wide open in the corner, decided to pass to wade instead

also, that game:
wade 9-12
kobe 7-14
lebron 6-9

:lol kobe with more misses than lebron and wade combined
:lol wade nails an even more clutch 3 pointer and is the leading scorer of the game
:lol kobe's 3 sandwiched between two ugly bricks
:lol lebron with the game sealing assist, considered "quiet"

stretch
07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I said that for a specific reason to draw you or spurfan out :lol

yeah, pretty much when people say that, they really are saying "i look like a fucking moron, so let me try to save face to make it look like i was trolling! lol!!!!!!!!!!"

If you watched the game, Spain's momentum was halted at that point and that was the moment the other players began to get their heads on straight. Wade's 3 didn't seal the game because the game was done.

How was the game done at that point, when Wade's 3 came immediately after Spain had pulled within 4 with OVER TWO MINUTES TO GO?!?!?!?!?

Spain wasn't coming back after that shot, Navarro was the trying to go hero and the Gasol's were getting sloppy (the main reason they could even compete was because of them).

Only one problem, dipshit... they did come back. They trimmed a nine point lead right back down to a four point lead. A four point lead with 2 minutes to go is not much of a lead at all, especially in such a competitive game.

Every time Spain got closer, USA pulled away after Kobe's 3. Why? Because that's when the team finally fucking clicked.

Up, immediately after Kobe's 3, which put them up nine, Spain cut it right back down to 4. Then what came next? Wade's 3. Yeah, I'm sure the only reason he hit that shot was because of Kobe's 3 :rolleyes

:lol defending LBJ when he was quiet when the game was on the line

Down the stretch Lebron had an offensive rebound and key bucket, as well as creating Wade's open 3, which turned out to be the dagger. Not to mention he was actually playing defense, unlike Kobe who was getting lit up by Navarro and Fernandez. Watch the film, and you will see a lot of their buckets came as a result of Kobe's awful defense.

At no point have I not said what Kobe did was unimportant, which it seems you are taking it that way. But to say he is the only reason they won gold, is ignorant as hell. Not that I'm surprised, considering retarded posts are nothing unusual to expect from you.

Koolaid_Man
07-12-2012, 07:25 PM
also, that game:
wade 9-12
kobe 7-14
lebron 6-9

:lol kobe with more misses than lebron and wade combined
:lol wade nails an even more clutch 3 pointer and is the leading scorer of the game
:lol kobe's 3 sandwiched between two ugly bricks
:lol lebron with the game sealing assist, considered "quiet"

I read through all the posts in this thread very carefully...then I re-read because I wanted to make sure I got this right...then I pondered for about 30 min straight..scratched my head and realized something was missing...

I got it...Tim Duncan is no where to be found...he wasn't good enough to make the team in 2008 and he's not good enough now :lol

Let's look at this thing...Kobe came into the league in 96....Duncan the bronze medal winner came in 98...Kobe the gold medal winner is STILL competing on the Olympic stage..and not just competing but he's a co-captain 17 yrs later...competing with and leading guys 10 yrs his junior...

Now let me ask again who's the Tired Ole Shit Bag

Duncan or Kobe?

:lol

stretch
07-12-2012, 07:27 PM
only pussies and assholes change the subject

Koolaid_Man
and don't let me get started on Dirk...he's can't even make his Olympic team and he's not even the best German on his team now...

Chrisssssssssssssssssssssss Kamennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Koolaid_Man
only pussies and assholes change the subject

I read through all the posts in this thread very carefully...then I re-read because I wanted to make sure I got this right...then I pondered for about 30 min straight..scratched my head and realized something was missing...

I got it...Tim Duncan is no where to be found...he wasn't good enough to make the team in 2008 and he's not good enough now :lol

Let's look at this thing...Kobe came into the league in 96....Duncan the bronze medal winner came in 98...Kobe the gold medal winner is STILL competing on the Olympic stage..and not just competing but he's a co-captain 17 yrs later...competing with and leading guys 10 yrs his junior...

Duncan or Kobe?

stretch
07-12-2012, 07:28 PM
only pussies and assholes change the subject.

Koolaid_Man
07-12-2012, 07:31 PM

Duncan or Kobe?

stretch
07-12-2012, 07:32 PM
only pussies and assholes change the subject .

pass1st
07-12-2012, 07:33 PM
yeah, pretty much when people say that, they really are saying "i look like a fucking moron, so let me try to save face to make it look like i was trolling! lol!!!!!!!!!!"

How was the game done at that point, when Wade's 3 came immediately after Spain had pulled within 4 with OVER TWO MINUTES TO GO?!?!?!?!?

Only one problem, dipshit... they did come back. They trimmed a nine point lead right back down to a four point lead. A four point lead with 2 minutes to go is not much of a lead at all, especially in such a competitive game.

Up, immediately after Kobe's 3, which put them up nine, Spain cut it right back down to 4. Then what came next? Wade's 3. Yeah, I'm sure the only reason he hit that shot was because of Kobe's 3 :rolleyes

Down the stretch Lebron had an offensive rebound and key bucket, as well as creating Wade's open 3, which turned out to be the dagger. Not to mention he was actually playing defense, unlike Kobe who was getting lit up by Navarro and Fernandez. Watch the film, and you will see a lot of their buckets came as a result of Kobe's awful defense.

At no point have I not said what Kobe did was unimportant, which it seems you are taking it that way. But to say he is the only reason they won gold, is ignorant as hell. Not that I'm surprised, considering retarded posts are nothing unusual to expect from you.

1. You're just reinforcing the point, I knew the comment would get a reaction. I'm defending it so your comment is moot

2. USA went from giving up points easily and coming empty handed on possessions to playing the level of ball they should. After that 3, Spain started to falter and they only had home in Navarro going hero. It's the momentum that sealed the game, Wade's 3 would have been replaced by a score from somebody else if he didn't take it.

3. They never made it a 1 possession game again. USA was shitting the bed and Kobe gave them momentum, which that shot being the climax.

4. Naw, the reason he made the 3 was the momentum USA had gained.

5. You did, however, vastly inflate the importance of previous games. Kobe was the key reason USA controlled the 4th. If nobody had instilled momentum, if you watched the game it was obvious nobody was stepping up, then it would have been anybody's game. Kobe simply had a hand in almost every pivotal possession and did make good defensive plays.

:lolThinking wade sealed the game

stretch
07-12-2012, 07:34 PM
1. You're just reinforcing the point, I knew the comment would get a reaction. I'm defending it so your comment is moot

2. USA went from giving up points easily and coming empty handed on possessions to playing the level of ball they should. After that 3, Spain started to falter and they only had home in Navarro going hero. It's the momentum that sealed the game, Wade's 3 would have been replaced by a score from somebody else if he didn't take it.

3. They never made it a 1 possession game again. USA was shitting the bed and Kobe gave them momentum, which that shot being the climax.

5. You did, however, vastly inflate the importance of previous games. Kobe was the key reason USA controlled the 4th. If nobody had instilled momentum, if you watched the game it was obvious nobody was stepping up, then it would have been anybody's game. Kobe simply had a hand in almost every pivotal possession and did make good defensive plays.

:lolThinking wade sealed the game

no

you are wrong

sorry

pass1st
07-12-2012, 07:35 PM
no

you are wrong

sorry

stretch
07-12-2012, 07:37 PM
how much do people want to bet that pass1st is one of the faggots that think Magic > Jordan?

pass1st
07-12-2012, 07:38 PM
how much do people want to bet that pass1st is one of the faggots that think Magic > Jordan?

Meh, Jordan was on the Bulls, idc. Magic is the best Laker, that's all I know.

stretch
07-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Meh, Jordan was on the Bulls, idc. Magic is the best Laker, that's all I know.

Oh, so you admit you think Magic > MJ?

Neat.

pass1st
07-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Oh, so you admit you think Magic > MJ?

Neat.

Not by a wide margin, but MJ played elite defense while Magic had average defense. It's arguable, but hard to do so when Magic fucked up in game 2. Jordan never had a strike against him that big so yeah.

stretch
07-12-2012, 07:49 PM
How is it arguable?

pass1st
07-12-2012, 07:57 PM
How is it arguable?

You'd have to ask somebody who wholly believes in it. I could argue Magic was a better teammate and leader, but not player.

usdane
07-12-2012, 11:51 PM
The fact is that Kobe went into Black Mamba mode in that 4th qtr. & the USA won the Gold.
Does anybody have a problem with that?

stretch
07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
The fact is that Kobe went into Black Mamba mode in that 4th qtr. & the USA won the Gold.
Does anybody have a problem with that?

I don't think anyone has a problem with that. I certainly don't. I have a problem with people who think he is the only reason the USA won gold, because he wasn't the only reason. For a lot of the tournament, it could actually be argued that he was more of a hindrance then a help.

07-13-2012, 01:38 PM

Duncan or Kobe?

:lol changes the subject when confronted with irrefutable fact

07-13-2012, 01:44 PM

:lol crediting kobe for a shot he didn't take, not even involved in the play, classic lakerfan
:lol lebron ignoring kobe in the corner, passes to wade instead
:lol kobe idling in the corner wondering why lebron doesn't pass him the ball
:lol spain defenders ignoring kobe to defend lebron

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 01:57 PM

Duncan or Kobe?

:rollin :lmao :rollin

russellgoat
07-15-2012, 05:00 PM

That's why Artest should have won the fmvp. Kobe carried the lakers to the finals, but Artest closed the series against the celtics.

DMX7
07-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I'll give Kobe this: He did rape Rudy Fernandez like a white Colorado school girl on that 4-point play.

Obstructed_View
07-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Congrats to Kobe for stepping up at the end of a big game. Too bad it wasn't a playoff game, or an NBA game for that matter, but he deserves credit where it's due for living up to that whole "great closer" title for one time in his life.