PDA

View Full Version : Want a defensive big? Darko just got amnestied...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-12-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure how you fit him into the rotation given that Splitter will be backup C and Darko is a true C (can't play PF - too slow, offensively challenged), but if you're clamoring for a defensive big at a low price, Darko is you man.

As has been discussed ad nauseum, the guy who'd fit the team perfectly is Ilyasova (can rebound and hit 3s - he's a fusion of Bonner and Blair, but better because you get both skillsets in one player), but that's not going to happen given that Bucks wouldn't take Bonner+Grizz+Neal+pick (although that isn't a terrible offer).

Back to Darko - 6th big on a min contract? Maybe, but I don't think it helps the team, so unlikely. It'll be interesting to see who takes him for cheap off the wire though.

elemento
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Darko doesn't want to play in the NBA anymore. Ask any Minny fan how lazy and careless he was last season.

A motivated Darko is a very good defensive Center, but i truly think he wants to get back to Europe

elemento
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I can believe that.

Mods - sorry for the double thread. Posting from a phone can be problematic! :oops