PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving challenges Kobe (smack talk)

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 06:16 AM
4uG8ubgvSSQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:rollin

rayjayjohnson
07-13-2012, 06:21 AM
irving is the real deal tbh

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 06:25 AM
irving is the real deal tbh

Real talk - he's legit. I'm not sure if he's better than Wall though.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 06:56 AM
4uG8ubgvSSQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:rollin

All the young players love Kobe...

Go back and que the tapes...MJ did the same thing to Magic and Bird and Kobe did the same thing to MJ...their idols, people they look up. Kobe is the platinum standard in the NBA for 99% of players...They don't see Wade, Lebron, or Durant as the next MJ. Every year young player after young player want to play Kobe 1 on 1...it never fails...the GM's around the leauge let the young fellas know (minus all the BS hype about Lebron) they let the young fellas know that Kobe in his prime was the real MJ and the real deal alpha dawg...make no mistake...

Prime Lebron couldn't fuck with a prime Kobe..I have pretty much every laker game if a prime Kobe in my library...and I'm on the side of the GM's and 99% of NBA players alike...hell even MJ agrees with me :lol

Sorry Spur fan :lol

Remember Anthony Davis Challenging Kobe

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1203534-anthony-davis-wants-to-shut-down-kobe

“He’s a monster. So I just want to go out there and play my hardest. There’s a lot of guys that can’t stop Kobe,” said Anthony. “So if I stop him I could be one of the guys that say ‘I shut Kobe down’.”
Dan Patrick warned Anthony that Kobe listens to the show and that he has a great memory.
“Tell him I’ll be waiting,” replied a laughing Anthony.

Ricky Rubio
Kyrie Erving
Tyreke Evans
James Harding

I recall at least 3 more rookies from last year..all these kids want to be the best...nothing wrong with that :toast

mudyez
07-13-2012, 07:03 AM
when exactly was this "prime Pobe"?

...as Shaq's sidekick?...
as the topscorer that failed badly when it came to winning (we still remember him hiding in round one vs. phoenix)?
...or losing in the finals despite having a staaaaacked team (we also remember him hiding vs. Boston the year LA won).

I'm not saying Kobe isn't a great player...its just weird to think of MJ in those type of situations.

cobbler
07-13-2012, 07:51 AM

as the topscorer that failed badly when it came to winning (we still remember him hiding in round one vs. phoenix)?
...or losing in the finals despite having a staaaaacked team (we also remember him hiding vs. Boston the year LA won).

I'm not saying Kobe isn't a great player...its just weird to think of MJ in those type of situations.

Not really. All you have to do is go back to MJ's first 6 years pre Pippen and league expansion where he won zip. It's a team sport.

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 07:56 AM

Dude GTFO my thread with that bullshit. MJ never played with the likes of Kwame, Mihm, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton - fucking up his prime years. MJ didn't win jackshit during the golden era of basketball: the '80s. The '80s saved the NBA with marquee teams like the Lakers, Celtics, & 6ers. Hell, he didn't win shit until Bird and Magic got old and the league expanded with the Heat, Grizzlies, Raptors, and Magic. I tell ya, MJ's legend grows every damn day.

Put Kobe on them Bulls teams and he would match every accolade MJ ever earned.

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 07:57 AM
All the young players love Kobe...

Go back and que the tapes...MJ did the same thing to Magic and Bird and Kobe did the same thing to MJ...their idols, people they look up. Kobe is the platinum standard in the NBA for 99% of players...They don't see Wade, Lebron, or Durant as the next MJ. Every year young player after young player want to play Kobe 1 on 1...it never fails...the GM's around the leauge let the young fellas know (minus all the BS hype about Lebron) they let the young fellas know that Kobe in his prime was the real MJ and the real deal alpha dawg...make no mistake...

Prime Lebron couldn't fuck with a prime Kobe..I have pretty much every laker game if a prime Kobe in my library...and I'm on the side of the GM's and 99% of NBA players alike...hell even MJ agrees with me :lol

Sorry Spur fan :lol

Remember Anthony Davis Challenging Kobe

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1203534-anthony-davis-wants-to-shut-down-kobe

Ricky Rubio
Kyrie Erving
Tyreke Evans
James Harding

I recall at least 3 more rookies from last year..all these kids want to be the best...nothing wrong with that :toast

Word. Good shit Kool. :tu

jag
07-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Kyrie wanted to talk some shit. Then Kobe talked to him like a ho.

Kyrie is a baller, and already one of the best ball-handlers in the league. But Kobe has always been the best one-on-one player in the league, even at this age. At some point last season some NBA players were polled about who would win 1v1 between Durant and Kobe, and I dont think a single person picked Durant. They did the same thing with LeBron and Kobe, and everyone picked Kobe, including Durant. Many even acknowledged that the other two players were overall better than Kobe now. But they all said Kobe is an animal one-on-one.

Makes sense considering he's spent his entire career playing one-on-one, one-on-two, one-on-three basketball.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Dude GTFO my thread with that bullshit. MJ never played with the likes of Kwame, Mihm, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton - fucking up his prime years. MJ didn't win jackshit during the golden era of basketball: the '80s. The '80s saved the NBA with marquee teams like the Lakers, Celtics, & 6ers. Hell, he didn't win shit until Bird and Magic got old and the league expanded with the Heat, Grizzlies, Raptors, and Magic. I tell ya, MJ's legend grows every damn day.

Put Kobe on them Bulls teams and he would match every accolade MJ ever earned.

Kobe is considered the 2nd greatest 2 guard in NBA history in spite of Shaq...while it could be argued that Shaq is the 2nd greatest big man in NBA history...

sure MJ has better Stats than Kobe but his Stats would be exactly like Kobe's had MJ played with Shaq...You and Cobbler are spot on..MJ couldn't win with a Prime Magic, Bird, and Isaiah in the league...

also MJ never played with a a Big man (Kwame Brown) who pointedly asked him NOT to pass him the ball because he was scared... :lol

mudyez
07-13-2012, 08:17 AM
...while it could be argued that Shaq is the 2nd greatest big man in NBA history...

lol...plz argue!

AND: Luke Longley+Rodman > Bynum+Gasol???

100%duncan
07-13-2012, 08:18 AM

How can you be legit if you're not better than Wall?

mudyez
07-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Love how one argues how MJ would have had a worse career with Shaq, then pointing out that Kobe hat Kwame!

:D

So Kobe is better for having the worse big man, beacuse MJ had the worse bigmen? :downspin:

mudyez
07-13-2012, 08:22 AM
for that matter: yeah MJ may not even be the best player all time (I have Russel there)...but:

MJ didn't have the guys to win with in his early years and Kobe in between (he needed an all time top5 center first and now he needs two of the best 5 bigmen and doesn't even win all the time...not much in the years between).

Give Kobe Pippen ect. and he may win all of these years. Give MJ Gasol/Bynum and he will without a doubt.

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 08:31 AM
How can you be legit if you're not better than Wall?

He's a legit talent. Do you disagree?

Jt.ONE
07-13-2012, 08:31 AM
pretty fun trash talking back and forth

:lol at the bow wow reference

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 08:32 AM

you remind me of Kyrie Irving trying to challenge Kobe...

Do you not know who I am?...I'm the legendary Kool muthafucker you're staring at the face of your maker when you step to me...I'm the dream weaver, the grim reaper...now watch me go to work on that ass...:lol

2010 - Kobe going up against the impeccable defense and pretty good offense of 4 Hall of Fame Players... KG, Rondo, Pierce, Allen..despite his less than typical dominating game 7 performance he didn't shoot very well. However, even that said... he was still the leading scorer for that final game and he pretty much out-rebounded Bostons big 3 all by himself...:toast

Next as a good comparative analysis let's go back in time a bit...

MJ's stats through 6 total games of the 1996 NBA Finals:

MJ - Age - 33 years, 4 months

27.3 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG, 41.5 FG%, 31.6 3P%, 83.6 FT%, 3 TO

Kobe's stats through 7 games in the 2010 NBA Finals:

Age - 31 years, 10 months

29 PPG, 8 RPG, 4.0 APG, 2.1 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 41 FG%, 31.9 3P%, 88.3 FT%, 3.9 TO

I guess MJ shooting 1% better in the 96 closeout game than Kobe did in the 2010 closeout game proved that he clearly never shot poorly against a solid defensive team in the NBA Finals. MJ wasn't all that great in the 96 finals though he played less total years in the league than Kobe at virtually the same age and had less NBA mileage on his body

In that close-out / final game against Payton's sonics - MJ shot 5 for 19 from the field (26%) He also had 22 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals...

Now go back and play with someone on your own level - Kool is just major...and too big for you - ok groupie :lol

mudyez
07-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Handchekingrule!

...and lol @ stats :D

LkrFan
pretty fun trash talking back and forth

:lol at the bow wow reference

That had me rolling. :lol

rayjayjohnson
Kool, this doesn't make you any less of a fag.

mudyez
07-13-2012, 08:36 AM
and lol at pinked names :)

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 08:38 AM
lol...plz argue!

AND: Luke Longley+Rodman > Bynum+Gasol???

I'm just glad that faggot that you call your best player in SA is not even in the conversation as greatest of nothing...

and for the record Rodman = HOF Bynum and Gasol combined don't equal HOF nor do they equal Rodman's defensive output combined...

MJ's the one with stacked teams...Kobe has finally got his Steve Kerr to hit open jumpers all day...

MJ had his it all at once..Pippen, Kerr, Rodman, Kucock :lol..Kobe gets his in spades, Shaq , Nash, and even Gasol to a lesser degree.

fyi - the jury is still out on Nash :lol

lefty
07-13-2012, 08:41 AM
lol Kobe shitted on by a kid

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 08:47 AM
and to you silly ass Rockets fans..mark this down..you heard it from Kool first..no where else will you hear this...

Trading the farm for Dwight is only helping the Lakers and further cementing the Rockets legacy as a shitty organization that don't what in the fuck they are doing..

think about it...Dwight is on record as saying he will walk and give up his bird rights than to play in Houston. In fact he's already willing to leave money on the table by leaving Orlando...

With Dwights bad back and his promise to leave Houston...the Rockets are simply testing out his back for the Lakers..

Why?

Because we're not going to sign Bynum to an extension unless we see that Dwights back is indeed bad..If his back holds up we'll likely let Bynum walk and offer the money to Dwight or do an S&T for Drew to end up in Houston..either way the Rockets have no sense of what they're doing and how they're setting this up perfectly for the Lakers...

if his back is bad...we'll just keep Bynum who will NOT walk away from the money like Dwight will..

lol @the Rockets

mudyez
07-13-2012, 08:47 AM
lol @ Kobe+Payton+Malone+Shaq not winning it all!

But yeah, Rodman was better than Gasol+Bynum combined if you say so!

(not the last time you will read your own post I guess ^^)

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 08:50 AM
lol Kobe shitted on by a kid

that was just the media hating on Kobe per the usual...they would rather give the Espy to a retarded kid than to give it to Kobe...they searched far and wide to find a story that would trump Kobe's 81...they didn't give a rats ass about that retarded kid scoring all those points..they just knew that propping a retarded kid up against Kobe would garner public sympathy and it was their way of trying to deny Kobe more accolades...

and it worked...you're a good case in point...retards like you are still here cheering for that retarded kid :lol

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Kyrie wanted to talk some shit. Then Kobe talked to him like a ho.

Kyrie is a baller, and already one of the best ball-handlers in the league. But Kobe has always been the best one-on-one player in the league, even at this age. At some point last season some NBA players were polled about who would win 1v1 between Durant and Kobe, and I dont think a single person picked Durant. They did the same thing with LeBron and Kobe, and everyone picked Kobe, including Durant. Many even acknowledged that the other two players were overall better than Kobe now. But they all said Kobe is an animal one-on-one.

Makes sense considering he's spent his entire career playing one-on-one, one-on-two, one-on-three basketball.

Funny but true.

rayjayjohnson
07-13-2012, 09:16 AM
that was just the media hating on Kobe per the usual...they would rather give the Espy to a retarded kid than to give it to Kobe...they searched far and wide to find a story that would trump Kobe's 81...they didn't give a rats ass about that retarded kid scoring all those points..they just knew that propping a retarded kid up against Kobe would garner public sympathy and it was their way of trying to deny Kobe more accolades...

and it worked...you're a good case in point...retards like you are still here cheering for that retarded kid :lol

If the Espys had a category for Best Bricklaying Ballstopping Rapist, Kobe would be a show-in.

Just like how you're a lock for Biggest Faggot on SpursTalk each and every year.

Bynumite
07-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Why do people always bring up how far a team went in the playoffs and shit like that, it's a 1on1 challenge... there's no fucking team, it's all about individual skills.

This kid Irving got handles and speed tho, he would do bad things to an old, slower Kobe. But in the end i think Kobe's height advantage would prevail because if his outside jumper is not falling, he could just post up Kyrie again and again.

But this video really shows Kobe's true legend status, who accepts or proposes 1on1 challenges, who does that nowadays? In an age where nba players want to protect their image at all costs and videotapes are confiscated when they get dunked on by random non-nba ball players.

cobbler
07-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Best scientists in the world.
Most advanced war machines of their times.
Biggest guns.
Best tanks.
Fastest planes.

:lol @ 0 for 2 in world wars!

Nathan89
07-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Kyrie- You have to guard though.

Kobe- :cry But I'm first team all defense. Right?:cry

:lmao Disrespected by the best rookie other than Kawhi.

DMC
07-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Smaller players, especially elite level point guards, would almost always destroy others in 1 on 1 play simply because they can get to the rim. On the filp side, they cannot defend taller players, and cannot rebound over them.

Either way, it's pointless because the league is full of players who are decent 1 on 1 players, and getting around that 1st defender isn't the challenge most of the time. Getting past that help defense is though, and unless you're just infatuated with either player, who would give a shit who wins a 1 on 1 game?

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Kyrie- You have to guard though.

Kobe- :cry But I'm first team all defense. Right?:cry

:lmao Disrespected by the best rookie other than Kawhi.

A conversation with myself might go like this:

Kool: Yo Kool what up playa....

Kool: Ahhh just shootin the shit my nigga

Kool: Do people really challenge tired ole shitbags

Kool: Well I haven't heard of anyone challenging Duncan

rAm
07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
:lol @ Kobe trying to talk all ghetto

stretch
07-13-2012, 12:53 PM
They don't see Wade, Lebron, or Durant as the next MJ. Every year young player after young player want to play Kobe 1 on 1...it never fails...

I think it's more that the young players that are coming into the league are a generation that grew up watching Kobe, before Lebron and Durant were in the league. Lebron and Durant are still relatively young.

In 2-3 more years, when a new generation of players are coming in, the same thing will be happening for Lebron, Wade, and Durant, because they will be players who grew up idolizing those guys.

Venti Quattro
07-13-2012, 01:12 PM
:lol Spurfans shit-talking in this thread when their boy only took home bronze and got so ass hurt

namlook
07-13-2012, 01:35 PM
lol @ Kobe+Payton+Malone+Shaq not winning it all!

I guess you are laughing because Malone went down with an injury?

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 02:11 PM
@KyrieIrving
Lol Me and Kobe talking trash to one another...nothing but respect for the greatest player in our League!!

I'm still waiting for The Kang to play Kobe one on one. Kobe flat out said he'd kick his ass. The Kang's response? Take a look for yourself:

Kobe smashes on the Kang:
http://vlsportysexycool.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/kobe-lebron-rim.jpg

The Kang stares him down. Kang not happy
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRRNcT53KA5xajHPsvIFECsMZtyrqVe yoFkDk59WtFqU9iHMaE

LkrFan: :rollin

DMC
07-13-2012, 02:36 PM
:lol Spurfans shit-talking in this thread when their boy only took home bronze and got so ass hurt
No, David won a gold medal x 2. Manu beat Tim and won in 2004. Spur is Spur.

Troll fail lol

BanditHiro
07-13-2012, 02:39 PM

Troll fail lol

wow that was pretty good actually.

lakerhaterade
07-13-2012, 02:46 PM

Troll fail lol

De ole grandpa goods take

DMC
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
And Venti needs to quiet down and remember why his boy wasn't there even though he committed to be there; rapePEROID

Duncan2177
07-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Kobe is a bitch.

Venti Quattro
07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Kobe is a bitch.

These are the things that we know.

Venti Quattro
07-13-2012, 03:54 PM

Troll fail lol

Kobe 2
LeBron 2
Wade 2
Carmelo 2
Duncan 0

tee, hee

JoeTait75
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM

I'm a homer, but IMO Kyrie is already better than John Wall.

mavs>spurs
07-13-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm a homer, but IMO Kyrie is already better than John Wall.

uh, chyeah wall is one dimensional and sucks

DMC
07-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Kobe 2
LeBron 2
Wade 2
Carmelo 2
Duncan 0

tee, hee
Also recall that Tim was one of the few that didn't get scared off by towelhead boogeyman.

The rest of the veterans basically just quit. Had Tim followed their lead, the USA wouldn't have gotten any medal.

Tim = class

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 09:26 PM
:lol Kobrick
:lol Can't beat Kyrie Irving in smack talk
:lol Can't beat kids at the Boys & Girls Club in a shooting contest

pass1st
07-13-2012, 11:08 PM
:lol Kobrick
:lol Can't beat Kyrie Irving in smack talk
:lol Can't beat kids at the Boys & Girls Club in a shooting contest

:lol19/yr to monkeyball
:lolsucks at defense
:lolone dimensional
:lolgonna be injury prone
:lolginger

Venti Quattro
07-13-2012, 11:47 PM
:lol Clippers
:lol Chimpsanity
:lol $95 million dunking machine broken

LkrFan
07-14-2012, 01:52 AM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

ElNono
07-14-2012, 01:59 AM

:lol overpaying De Andre Jordan
:lol extending Vinny del Negro
:lol cheap owner will blow everything in two seasons
:lol monkeyball
:lol billy crystal
:lol knee deep in shit

Venti Quattro
07-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Oh and btw, respect for Kyrie Irving.

Clipper Nation
07-14-2012, 10:14 AM
:lol overpaying De Andre Jordan
Technically, that was the Warriors' offer and Neil Olshey (who works for the Blazers now) was dumb enough to match it.... :lol

:lol For a whopping one year

:lol cheap owner will blow everything in two seasons
:lol "Overpaying" and "cheap" in the same post

Sportcamper
07-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Come on...Everybody likes Blake...:lol

ElNono
07-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Technically, that was the Warriors' offer and Neil Olshey (who works for the Blazers now) was dumb enough to match it.... :lol

:lol overpaying DeAndre Jordan

:lol For a whopping one year

:lol "Overpaying" and "cheap" in the same post

:lol thinking Griffin was worth spending money into
:lol blown knee
:lol back to the drawing board

BobKnight
07-14-2012, 04:06 PM
At some point last season some NBA players were polled about who would win 1v1 between Durant and Kobe, and I dont think a single person picked Durant. They did the same thing with LeBron and Kobe, and everyone picked Kobe, including Durant. Many even acknowledged that the other two players were overall better than Kobe now. But they all said Kobe is an animal one-on-one.

I don't buy it. Kobe can't shoot worth shit anymore.
He lost some shootout to some kids a few weeks ago.
Kept clanking his shot off the rim. Nobodies scared of him,
not even high school kids.

Lebron'll D his ass up and bulldoze him on O....easy. Easy.
Durant vs Kobe ? 50/50. Kobe's old. His quick first step and
his animal days are behind him.

Kobe and Nash. The sequel to Karl and Payton.

Bynumite
07-14-2012, 06:29 PM
He lost some shootout to some kids a few weeks ago.
Kept clanking his shot off the rim. Nobodies scared of him,
not even high school kids.

I can't believe people actually use this as a serious argument against Kobe or any other nba player that isn't a complete scrub :lmao

Sure nba players can lose against kids but the effort from their part is not there.

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2012, 06:33 PM
I can't believe people actually use this as a serious argument against Kobe or any other nba player that isn't a complete scrub :lmao

Sure nba players can lose against kids, but the effort from their part is not there.

Hey playa I respect you and all for representin that Purp-n-Yellow but pretty soon you gonna have to change your name from Bynumite to Dwinamite :lol

BobKnight
07-14-2012, 06:54 PM

Sure nba players can lose against kids but the effort from their part is not there.

No, the funny part was, he was really trying to win. Did you see
his face when he lost. :lol:rollin

See Kobe vs lil bow wow, or 2 on 2 in his camps, dude plays to win.
He ain't losing to no damn kids. Stupid ass laker fan.

Bynumite
07-14-2012, 07:04 PM
^You're gullible as fuck :lol

SenorSpur
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Too freaking funny.

ElNono
07-14-2012, 07:12 PM
rememba det time when Nike confiscated det tape after Lebron got dunked on? :lol

Venti Quattro
07-14-2012, 07:14 PM
LeBrongate was one of the few and rare times wherein I had to go to TMZ to look at something.

siraulo23
07-14-2012, 09:52 PM
irving fractures right hand

oops