PDA

View Full Version : The official Dwight Howard to the Rockets Thread

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I doubt it is for as much as being reported ... but if the Magic can get CLOSE to this specualted trade, they would be crazy to say no.

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey is feverishly trying to construct a trade that will allow the Rockets to take back, in addition to Howard, some combination of Richardson, Davis, Duhon and Hedo Turkoglu. With Scola's three remaining seasons valued at roughly $21 million off the books, the Rockets believe they can create the requisite cap space to do so.

Courtesy of ESPN's Marc Stein to read article click here (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8162534/houston-rockets-reconstruct-trade-proposal-orlando-magic-center-dwight-howard)

If they could snag 2 of the Rox 3 rookies, Parsons and the Toronto and Dallas future number ones ... that is a helluva return for Dwight. I doubt any of those guys even Parsons becomes a true star. But you shed salary, add young assets on rookie deals and picks to further build your roster. Plus you tank for a lotto pick.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 09:51 AM
It gets better:

Houston officials, though, remain steadfast in their belief that, even if the Bulls decline to match on Asik, they'll be able to absorb at least three of the four aforementioned Magic role players: Richardson, Davis, Duhon and Turkoglu. Sources say the Rockets would have to send Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris and Chandler Parsons to the Magic from their current roster to make the salary-cap math work, as well the draft rights to Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones, all selected in last month's first round.

Morey the stat wizard is going "all in" ...:lmao

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 09:52 AM
You believe everything that is spewed from ESPN? That is not the proposed trade.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 09:54 AM
And I hadnt been there since the Yao/Tmac in their prime days, but 75% of the "clutchfans" were in meltdown mode last night. It was almost as bad as what the Sternimator did to LG, and this deal is far from official.:rollin

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 09:57 AM
True, however everyone knows ESPN is full of shit. From Ric Bucher saying Dwight to Brooklyn was 80% likely to happen, to the Rockets having 0% chance of acquiring Dwight, to saying the Rockets don't have the capspace to do it. I don't trust anyone but Adrian Woj from yahoo.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 09:57 AM
You believe everything that is spewed from ESPN? That is not the proposed trade.

Nope. Read the OP. I said if they can get CLOSE to that deal ...Magic need to say yes. I dont see how Morey accepts the specualted trade. But I bet it is in the "ball-park"

Nets offered Lopez 4 picks and taking on 2 bad contracts. To make a similar offer, you would need to send at least 2 of your rookies, Parsons and eat 2 bad ones as well. To seal the deal maybe you offer some of the future picks you guys acquired. All I know is 75% of Clutchfans are in panic mode.

Oh, and Rox fans vastly overrate Morris and Parsons they make it sound as you are trading a young Grant Hill and Barkley in a Dwight deal.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 10:00 AM
It gets better:

Houston officials, though, remain steadfast in their belief that, even if the Bulls decline to match on Asik, they'll be able to absorb at least three of the four aforementioned Magic role players: Richardson, Davis, Duhon and Turkoglu. Sources say the Rockets would have to send Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris and Chandler Parsons to the Magic from their current roster to make the salary-cap math work, as well the draft rights to Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones, all selected in last month's first round.

Morey the stat wizard is going "all in" ...:lmao

:lol the Rockets are literally at the mercy of their own stupidity. If I was Orlando I wouldn't accept all that trash from Houston. If LA will take back J-Rich I'd call it a deal because they can still tank with Bynum get a high pick and rebuild while remaining competitive. Picks alone rarely mean anything unless they're top 10. Specifically top 5.

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Nope. Read the OP. I said if they can get CLOSE to that deal ...Magic need to say yes. I dont see how Morey accepts the specualted trade. But I bet it is in the "ball-park"

Nets offered Lopez 4 picks and taking on 2 bad contracts. To make a similar offer, you would need to send at least 2 of your rookies, Parsons and eat 2 bad ones as well. To seal the deal maybe you offer some of the future picks you guys acquired. All I know is 75% of Clutchfans are in panic mode.

Oh, and Rox fans vastly overrate Morris and Parsons they make it sound as you are trading a young Grant Hill and Barkley in a Dwight deal.
Parsons isn't overrated. Morris is. 2 rooks and 2 bad contracts + 2 picks isn't as bad as ESPN made it sound by trading everybody.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:06 AM
:lol the Rockets are literally at the mercy of their own stupidity. If I was Orlando I wouldn't accept all that trash from Houston. If LA will take back J-Rich I'd call it a deal because they can still tank with Bynum get a high pick and rebuild while remaining competitive. Picks alone rarely mean anything unless they're top 10. Specifically top 5.

Again this shit is all specualtive. And I agree Parsons was a nice pick but Im not sure that there is a potential legit star maybe not even a "legit" (deserving) potential all-star out of all those young guys. But in that trade

Magic get:

Picks (decent = Rox, Mavs great Raptors)
Young players with upside on cheap contracts (Parsons/rookies
Salary dump (Trading the poo-poo Davis, Jrich and Turk contracts)

Sure Bynum is better than every player the Rox have, but I cant hate. THIS is the kind of trade you ask for when trading away a top 5 player

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Parsons isn't overrated. Morris is. 2 rooks and 2 bad contracts + 2 picks isn't as bad as ESPN made it sound by trading everybody.

He is very good, had a nice game against us this year. But do you read clutchfans? Rockets fans were accusing Rox fans of overrating Parsons.
Dont shoot the messenger, DJ. A rox fan accused some of your fanbase of caling Parsons the white Scottie Pippen. :lol

That shit happens. Spurstalk overrated Blair and Tiago. Laker fans did the same with Sessions especially after his gamewinner last season.

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 10:11 AM
:lol Dumbass, why would they tank and pay Bynum the max while they did it?

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 10:12 AM
He is very good, had a nice game against us this year. But do you read clutchfans? Rockets fans were accusing Rox fans of overrating Parsons.
Dont shoot the messenger, DJ. A rox fan accused some of your fanbase of caling Parsons the white Scottie Pippen. :lol

That shit happens. Spurstalk overrated Blair and Tiago. Laker fans did the same with Sessions especially after his gamewinner last season.
I know they're retarded. One said Scola was better than Bynum :lmao. I'm saying that I don't overrate Parsons myself, because I know he's a solid role player right now, and a hustle player I'd like to see stay here.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:16 AM
I know they're retarded. One said Scola was better than Bynum :lmao. I'm saying that I don't overrate Parsons myself, because I know he's a solid role player right now, and a hustle player I'd like to see stay here.

No doubt. I never seen you be ridiculous in your praise, and I had not been threr in a while. I used to visit in the old Kobe vs. TMAC and Shaq vs. Yao debate days ...

:lol

I know LG, has it's share of assclowns too. Same as here.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 10:17 AM
:lol Dumbass, why would they tank and pay Bynum the max while they did it?

To get a legit top prospect to pair with a 24yr old Bynum rather than that shit Houston is throwing at them. I'd rather tank with safety net of Bynum vs Parsons...its a business they still need to sell tickets...

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Oh and LG last night was in "concede defeat mode" with this and the Rox news that they are allegedly are following Dwight, Duhon, Turk and Davis on Twitter.

I was never all in on Dwight though, But I do think he fits better with Nash than Bynum. But I also think Bynums game will age better and he is younger despite his iffy knees. I will be a bit disappointed on losing Dwight but not if we had to eat a turd sandwich of contracts. Dwight is not worth THAT much to us, maybe he is to the Rox. more power to them if they complete a deal. :toast Some folks feel (25% of Clutch fans) it doesnt mtter how much they give up as long as they get the best player in the trade. Usually the team with the superstar wins most trades, long-term. Now if completed they just need to sign Dwight. Dallas will come hard in the off-season ...

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Oh and LG last night was in "concede defeat mode" with this and the Magic allegedly are following Dwight, Duhon, Turk and Davis on Twitter.

I was never all in on Dwight though I do he fits better with Nash than Bynum. But i think Bynums game will age better and his younger despite his iffy knees. I will be a bit disappointed but not if we had to eat a turd sandwich of contracts. Dwight is not worth THAT much to us, maybe he is to the Rox.
Les Alexander has never been about tanking, except when Yao was drafted. Attendance is down. You get Dwight, attendance goes up. You convince him to stay by saying 30 million + ask who does he want to play with? Let's say Griffin fucks up his knee seriously, would CP3 stay in L.A.?

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Again this shit is all specualtive. And I agree Parsons was a nice pick but Im not sure that there is a potential legit star maybe not even a "legit" (deserving) potential all-star out of all those young guys. But in that trade

Magic get:

Picks (decent = Rox, Mavs great Raptors)
Young players with upside on cheap contracts (Parsons/rookies
Salary dump (Trading the poo-poo Davis, Jrich and Turk contracts)

Sure Bynum is better than every player the Rox have, but I cant hate. THIS is the kind of trade you ask for when trading away a top 5 player

It all depends on the direction the Magic want to go. Losing Dwight isn't a death sentence if you add Bynum...I hear their owner may not live too much longer...I would want to go out fielding a competitve team rather than a rebuilding project....

This trade sets both teams back for years....the Rockets are delusional they'll be doing no more than testing out Dwights back for us...

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Les Alexander has never been about tanking, except when Yao was drafted. Attendance is down. You get Dwight, attendance goes up. You convince him to stay by saying 30 million + ask who does he want to play with? Let's say Griffin fucks up his knee seriously, would CP3 stay in L.A.?

One part I didnt get is if they do eat multiple turd contracts how do they sign Dwight and another star? Too lazy to do the math but have seen conflicting reports on how much space would be left if they ate say:
Turk, Davis or Duhon and Jrich?

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 10:27 AM
One part I didnt get is if they do eat multiple turd contracts how do they sign Dwight and another star? Too lazy to do the math but have seen conflicting reports on how much space would be left if they ate say:
Turk, Davis or Duhon and Jrich?
Don't know the math myself but according to Adrian Woj of yahoo they'd be 20 mil under the cap, enough for another max player.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:30 AM
It all depends on the direction the Magic want to go. Losing Dwight isn't a death sentence if you add Bynum...I hear their owner may not live too much longer...I would want to go out fielding a competitve team rather than a rebuilding project....

This trade sets both teams back for years....the Rockets are delusional they'll be doing no more than testing out Dwights back for us...

Bynum is a great start. But not enough the 3-way is the most logical deal that has been specualted. But Dwight sells seats Bynum does not. unless Diva-ass Dwight sys I will just sign with Nets and Lakers there is no incentive for Rox to help us get him when they can cut us out of the deal. Dwight's the one screwing up his trade prospects, blame him on why he is not coming to the Lakers.

Nathan89
07-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Magic Know they can't rebuild around 7'1 injury prone child. This will be the best trade available.

Rockets need to hold on to some of their assets or not take on as many contracts. They need to position themselves to become significantly better than the Magic ever were. Not be the exact team in different jerseys. I definitely wouldn't take back Glen Davis. I would try to keep Parsons(based off very little I seen from him). As well has holding on to Jeremy Lamb. It might be taking too much off the table but Rockets need to have a much brighter future now. Magic need to just prepare to suck.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Bynum is a great start. But not enough the 3-way is the most logical deal that has been specualted. But Dwight sells seats Bynum does not. unless Diva-ass Dwight sys I will just sign with Nets and Lakers there is no incentive for Rox to help us get him when they can cut us out of the deal. Dwight's the one screwing up his trade prospects, blame him on why he is not coming to the Lakers.

I actually think this works out best for the Lakers....Houston is testing his back for us.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Don't know the math myself but according to Adrian Woj of yahoo they'd be 20 mil under the cap, enough for another max player.

Still not a great team if that trade went down but Dwight and another max guy would still be a bottom 4 playoff team in the West. I have to say if you pull it off only the Lakers would have a better history of centers:

Moses, Hakeem, Yao (for a short while) and Dwight is a nice legacy.

Mikan, Kareem, Shaq would be better though ...

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Magic Know they can't rebuild around 7'1 injury prone child. This will be the best trade available.

Rockets need to hold on to some of their assets or not take on as many contracts. They need to position themselves to become significantly better than the Magic ever were. Not be the exact team in different jerseys. I definitely wouldn't take back Glen Davis. I would try to keep Parsons(based off very little I seen from him). As well has holding on to Jeremy Lamb. It might be taking too much off the table but Rockets need to have a much brighter future now. Magic need to just prepare to suck.

Magic still need to sell seats and their fans on the Dwight trade. No way I trade Dwight without: Lamb, Parsons (Florida Gator) White and the Raptors and Mavs future picks. If I'm the Magic I also try to make it hard for Rox to offer full-max to another star but that is a bottom priority. the first is getting at least 75 cents on the dollar.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 10:43 AM
I actually think this works out best for the Lakers....Houston is testing his back for us.

Mitch even said another blockbuster unlikely. Unless Rox (or Dwight) reverse field and decide Bynum and keeping some of their picks is a better option than going all in on Dwight with no extension. Dwight is NOTcoming to the Lakers. And him coming wouldnt of fixed our other issues anyway. We still lack shooting, athletes and a reliable bench.

Nathan89
07-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Magic still need to sell seats and their fans on the Dwight trade. No way I trade Dwight without: Lamb, Parsons (Florida Gator) White and the Raptors and Mavs future picks. If I'm the Magic I also try to make it hard for Rox to offer full-max to another star but that is a bottom priority. the first is getting at least 75 cents on the dollar.

That's a non negotiable must for the Rockets to have. Otherwise they have zero chance of building a team with Dwight in the foreseeable future. Picks, Young players, and all the cap space... gone. Yeah right.

Given I would be taking on Turk I would try to hold on to Lamb( despite not knowing much about him).

Ace
07-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Dwight Howard is a loser and no team built around him will ever win shit. Afterall this shit with Orlando, I'm surprised there's people still wanting him. Not to mention his back injury...

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
This was the guy I was referring to chastising his fellow Rocket fan. He does NOT think this is giving away too much.

Originally Posted by Asian Sensation
Seriously.

Jeremy Lamb is NOT going to be the next Ray Allen
Royce White does NOT have LeBron James potential
Terrence Jones is NOT going to be a Superstar
Chandler Parsons is NOT the white Scottie Pippen
Patrick Patterson IS a backup PF that has shown limited upside
Marcus Morris IS NOT the next Carmelo Anthony with defense or Paul Pierce

At least right now they're not. There's a chance one of them hell maybe even 2 of them pan out and have great careers but I don't think we have 3+ years for that to happen. Lets say 2 of them turn out to be stars in this league... this trade will still be a huge win for us not only in the short term but long term as well.

DWIGHT HOWARD IS the best center in the league. Dwight Howard CAN carry your team to the playoffs alone. DWIGHT HOWARDWILL change the fortune of your franchise.

I'm confident Morey can surround Dwight with the necessary pieces to build a true contender and I'm sure all this only happens with Dwight agreeing to an extension. A player of Dwight's caliber only comes around once a decade or so. He is a top 3 player no matter how you look at it. Make it happen

:wow

texbumTHElife
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
they can still tank ... while remaining competitive.

First of all, how would they tank and remain competitive?

Second of all, if possible, why would they tank and remain competitive? The point of tanking is to come as close to insuring a #1 pick as possible.

Dumb.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Magic fans (on their site) 75% love the trade. Some are afraid of going all young (would prefer 3 way and landing Bynum). I know most fans arent smart, but that would have me a little worried that Magic fans feel this a GREAT deal.

But Rox would have a superstar to potentially build around ... can't be mad at that.

Halberto
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Whats with you losers trying to be the first to break news on this forum, so anxious that you create a thread when it hasn't even happened? Pathetic.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Whats with you losers trying to be the first to break news on this forum, so anxious that you create a thread when it hasn't even happened? Pathetic.

Who is breaking news? Just a place to put Dwight to Rox specualtion. Pretty much everyone posting in here realizes ESPN has been off their reporting lately. But Stein and Woj have both reported on this, so at least there is smoke. We shall see if it catches fire.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
First of all, how would they tank and remain competitive?

Second of all, if possible, why would they tank and remain competitive? The point of tanking is to come as close to insuring a #1 pick as possible.

Dumb.

Simple...remaining competitive doesn't mean making the playoffs it means not being obscure with absolutely no hope....which is what they'll be with no Bynum. Cleveland and New Orleans are prime examples... Tanking while remaining competitve. :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 11:56 AM

Ever emo much?

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
This was the guy I was referring to chastising his fellow Rocket fan. He does NOT think this is giving away too much.

Originally Posted by Asian Sensation
Seriously.

Jeremy Lamb is NOT going to be the next Ray Allen
Royce White does NOT have LeBron James potential
Terrence Jones is NOT going to be a Superstar
Chandler Parsons is NOT the white Scottie Pippen
Patrick Patterson IS a backup PF that has shown limited upside
Marcus Morris IS NOT the next Carmelo Anthony with defense or Paul Pierce

At least right now they're not. There's a chance one of them hell maybe even 2 of them pan out and have great careers but I don't think we have 3+ years for that to happen. Lets say 2 of them turn out to be stars in this league... this trade will still be a huge win for us not only in the short term but long term as well.

DWIGHT HOWARD IS the best center in the league. Dwight Howard CAN carry your team to the playoffs alone. DWIGHT HOWARDWILL change the fortune of your franchise.

I'm confident Morey can surround Dwight with the necessary pieces to build a true contender and I'm sure all this only happens with Dwight agreeing to an extension. A player of Dwight's caliber only comes around once a decade or so. He is a top 3 player no matter how you look at it. Make it happen

:wow

:lmao

Classic...this guy is going to blow a basket if Dwights back doesn't hold up or he walks after giving up all those picks. I mean what are the Rockets going to sell him on. They will be weak at virtually every position...even with Dwight the Rockets have zero upside..this shit is so hilarious...Rockets are free falling :lmao

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Let's say Griffin fucks up his knee seriously, would CP3 stay in L.A.?
Except it was a minor mensicus tear and he'll be ready for training camp, B... :lol

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Dwight Howard is a loser and no team built around him will ever win shit.
Let's not go overboard, B... Dwight did lead Orlando's garbage to the Finals just a couple years ago, tbh...

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Jonathan Feigen (http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen): Very good comments coming in. Objections seem to be giving up so many kids (they're not) and Dwight leaving after 1 year (he might.) 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/223812761333940226)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20WYXo700

Kai
07-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Just get a deal done. This is dragging out way too long.

DMC
07-13-2012, 01:42 PM
If Kobe wasn't making half the Lakers' salary cap, he would demand a trade to the Heat.

Kai
07-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I swear to god if we trade for this mother fucker on friday the 13th...

Banzai
07-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm getting drunk and it is only 12:04 pm lmao

tesseractive
07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Dwight Howard is a loser and no team built around him will ever win shit. Afterall this shit with Orlando, I'm surprised there's people still wanting him. Not to mention his back injury...
So what players in the league would you say you can build a team around and have a legit shot at a title?

There's LeBron and Durant, maybe Kobe (depending on how done you think he is), Dirk I guess (though he doesn't have the team), maybe Rose... who else? Unless I forgot and left someone off that list, Howard is the next closest player in the league to a guy that gives you a shot at a title if you put the right pieces around him.

Short of situations a GM can't really control, like falling into drafting Antonio Davis, Howard seems like the best guy available for giving you a chance to build a legit contender. I don't blame Houston, which is sick of having a lot of good players but no great ones, for trying to take a swing at the fences with Howard.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Jonathan Feigen (http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen): Very good comments coming in. Objections seem to be giving up so many kids (they're not) and Dwight leaving after 1 year (he might.) 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/223812761333940226)

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz20WYXo700

Great deal for the Magic. ESPN Trade machine must be broken, it rejects that deal out of stupidity I guess ...

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1704804715/nuno_drive_normal.jpeg David Nuño @davidnuno
When it comes to the Rockets pursuit of Dwight Howard the 4 letter network is incorrect with what the rockets would send. Much less.

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 03:09 PM
ORLANDO – At this time next week, expect the Dwightmare to be over.
Sources that have been right all along on this — check the Twitter timeline starting Sunday, July 8 — believe the Houston Rockets will be able to finalize facilitation of the Orlando Magic’s coveted rebuilding strategy shortly after Chicago center Omer Asik’s situation is settled
http://www.probasketballnews.com/news/sources-rockets-clear-front-runner-to-add-howard/

Nathan89
07-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Is the Asik deal signed?

That deal is way worse if they get Howard.

Also Houston is stupid for pursuing Lin. They need money for another max this summer and the biggest name is a pg.

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 03:16 PM
The Rockets for now are going the trade route, banking on their ability to persuade Howard (or Bynum, or whomever) to sign on for the long haul because of Kevin McHale’s coaching, the franchise’s heady environment, Morey’s ability to tweak the roster quickly to Howard’s liking and, most important, the extra year and money only an incumbent team can offer its own free agents. Variations of all those factors helped the Nets re-sign point guard Deron Williams. ...

By taking all of these Orlando players in exchange for promising young talent, the Rockets would essentially become a Western Conference version of the team that Howard has already deemed not good enough for him. The Rockets have obviously thought about that and determined that the whole thing is worth the risk. Maybe they’re crazy. Maybe they’re not.

For one, Howard likes some of these guys. The Magic acquired Davis in part because Howard requested him specifically, and the star center also has a good relationship with Richardson. Turkoglu’s and Duhon’s deals expire after the 2013-14 season, and both are only 50 percent guaranteed for that season. If ownership is willing to spend, the Rockets could buy out both players and gain immediate cap flexibility — either for a lopsided in-season trade involving another high-priced player, or a huge chunk of cap room for use next summer. (Depending on how many of the Rockets’ young players depart in this theoretical deal/buyout scenario, Houston could have somewhere between $11 million in cap space and near max-level room).

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/07/13/dwight-howard-rockets-trade/?xid=cnnbin

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Is the Asik deal signed?

That deal is way worse if they get Howard.

Also Houston is stupid for pursuing Lin. They need money for another max this summer and the biggest name is a pg.
Not yet. He will get matched after Lin, and then the trade will go down.

Nathan89
07-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Expiring contracts like that...Will have Rudy Gay on his way.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 04:57 PM
I hear ya and that makes sense but if that is the case why would Magic do it? Nets offered four #1s and Lopez or 3 Lopez and Brooks. But I guess at least Dwight would be in the West.

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 04:59 PM
I hear ya and that makes sense but if that is the case why would Magic do it? Nets offered four #1s and Lopez or 3 Lopez and Brooks. But I guess at least Dwight would be in the West.
Magic may be more interested in clearing cap space, as the Rockets have the space to absorb.

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen Two frequent conversations so far in gym. Rockets are not offering all 5 kids. And no one knows who runs Rockets now famous twitter account.

Latarian Milton
07-13-2012, 05:45 PM
can't see getting someone like DH weakening the rockets tbh, they've been mediocre for years and DH ain't gonna make things worse. people will soon forget about the tmac/7'6 failed dynasty after DH's arrival and that's why those "clutch" fans don't like it happening imo

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2012, 05:47 PM
can't see getting someone like DH weakening the rockets tbh, they've been mediocre for years and DH ain't gonna make things worse. people will soon forget about the tmac/7'6 failed dynasty after DH's arrival and that's why those "clutch" fans don't like it happening imo

it would a triple fuck wet dream if Dwight turns into another injury prone Yao while in Houston :lol

Latarian Milton
07-13-2012, 06:17 PM
^ yeah it is a possibility but he's still worth the gambling when you could get the league's best big at the only expenses of shits & picks

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Magic may be more interested in clearing cap space, as the Rockets have the space to absorb.

What I hear is 2 of the 3 rooks, Parsons, Martin and 2 picks but I have been misled by my sources before.

Killakobe81
07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
What I hear is 2 of the 3 rooks, Parsons, Martin and 2 picks but I have been misled by my sources before.

4 players 2 picks and Rox eat 3 bad contracts.

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Except it was a minor mensicus tear and he'll be ready for training camp, B... :lol

Without good wheels, he can't even play monkeyball. For your sake you better hope it's minor. He has no post moves whatsoever other than dunking.

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 07:07 PM
4 players 2 picks and Rox eat 3 bad contracts.
With the way Jones, Lamb, and White have played today, I'd rather give up White and Jones.

Hakeem Olajuwon said Friday he has been asked by the Rockets to talk to Dwight Howard about the possibility of signing long-term with them in the event they acquire Howard.

“The Rockets asked me to reach out, and I’ll talk to him (if the deal goes through),’’ Olajuwon said of Howard, who can become a free agent next summer and could arrive in Houston with no guarantee he will stay past 2012-13. “I’d like the talk to be more like real, and I’ll let him make his decisions after that

"For the Rockets, of course I could encourage him, but ultimately he has to do what’s best for his career. Of course, Houston is a great city. A lot of players settle in Houston. Wherever he goes, he’s going to be a franchise player for that team. Does he want to try to win a championship sooner (rather) than later? Then I’m sure he’s (thinking of) teaming up with superstars to get to that level. I don’t know, in that case, who he will team up with in Houston that can give him that (immediately).’’

But Olajuwon is confident the Rockets would be able to build a solid supporting cast around Howard.

“(Team owner) Les Alexander is very bold, and he’ll make a big splash,’’ Olajuwon said. “I admire him for that.’’

djohn2oo8
07-13-2012, 07:15 PM
lol

PRj4YdMqW_8

tesseractive
07-13-2012, 07:27 PM
With the way Jones, Lamb, and White have played today, I'd rather give up White and Jones.

Speaking of summer league, does anyone else think it's funny that Houston's brought in Zoran Dragic, having lost his brother?

Maybe they'll sign him and hope fans think it's a misprint when perusing the roster in search of a point guard. :lol

Indazone
07-13-2012, 07:30 PM
So far McHale likes Zoran

Kai
07-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Speaking of summer league, does anyone else think it's funny that Houston's brought in Zoran Dragic, having lost his brother?

Maybe they'll sign him and hope fans think it's a misprint when perusing the roster in search of a point guard. :lol

We actually brought him in before Dragic signed with Phoenix. Extra incentive for him to stay. :bang

tesseractive
07-13-2012, 08:16 PM
So far McHale likes Zoran
Who knows? Maybe he'll be the Marc Gasol of point guards.

LkrFan
07-13-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm good either way: either Bynum or D-12 will get 20/10 playing with Nash. So right about now, I could give two shits if the Lakers get D-12 or not tbh.

That being said, if Houston does this deal and give up as much as they are trying to just to possibly rent this mental midget for a year, more power to them. I'll be eating my :corn: and :lmao when that shit blows up in their faces.

Truth bomb: D-12 can't stop Bynum without a double or ref help (aka Bynum foul trouble). This will continue when he receives no-look dimes from Nash. :toast

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 09:02 PM
LOL at D12 needing ref help when the refs allow Bynum to camp in the paint and travel constantly :lol

ElNono
07-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Does Dwight locks up the #2 seed for Houston?

lakerhaterade
07-14-2012, 02:14 AM
lol asking hakeem to court D12

:lol rockets

Kai
07-14-2012, 02:27 AM
lol asking hakeem to court D12

:lol rockets

I understand some of the moves we've made are laughable so far, but I don't see why this part is funny. Hakeem mentored him a year ago and Dwight has tremendous respect for the guy.

lakerhaterade
07-14-2012, 02:32 AM
I understand some of the moves we've made are laughable so far, but I don't see why this part is funny.

It just is. Houston is grasping for straws at this point.

Kai
07-14-2012, 02:34 AM
K thanks for sharing

lakerhaterade
07-14-2012, 02:39 AM
K thanks for sharing

Don't be annoyed bro. It is legitimately funny if it's not your team.

I hope the Rockets do improve...but not by getting Dwight.

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Don't be annoyed bro. It is legitimately funny if it's not your team.

I hope the Rockets do improve...but not by getting Dwight.

no it's just downright laugh out loud laughable :lmao...calling Hakeem from the Middle East (where he's currently vacationing) to ask to convince Dwight to stay IF they get him....:lmaothe Rockets have absolutely no shame..and that it's laughable they consider that a legit business strategy...

Dwight is not a rookie..he's heard all the sales pitches from Orlando management and that rabid Orlando fan base...nothing Houston can say to him he hasn't already heard...

Latarian Milton
07-14-2012, 08:41 AM
nigga ain't changing his mind just because of someone's words but if the rockets actually got him, he's going to re-sign with them next year more likely than not. nigga's bitchmade and he's definitely choosing $ before rings tbh

racm
07-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Would you take 70% FT shooting or 58% FT shooting?

ploto
07-14-2012, 10:22 AM
According to Stephen A. Smith, Howard has told people that he will not resign with Houston if he is traded there.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2012, 10:34 AM
According to Stephen A. Smith, Howard has told people that he will not resign with Houston if he is traded there.
That is the risk. If he wasn't all about the money he wouldn't have opted in.

Pelicans78
07-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Personally, I wouldn't trade for Howard if he didn't sign an extension right away. I can see why the Rockets would do it, but its a huge risk long-term. They're in a good spot to rebuild now with young, good cheap players, expiring contracts and 2 potential top 10 picks next season. A trade for Howard could really delay a rebuild for a few years. They have young talented players in DM, Lamb, Parson, and TJones and will have cap room and high draft picks. But, I can see why they would try to trade Dwight. Still they're giving up too much in my opinion without a guarantee extension. Basically, they're allowing Orlando to start over without bad contracts, and giving them young players and high draft picks. I don't think I would do it.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Personally, I wouldn't trade for Howard if he didn't sign an extension right away. I can see why the Rockets would do it, but its a huge risk long-term. They're in a good spot to rebuild now with young, good cheap players, expiring contracts and 2 potential top 10 picks next season. A trade for Howard could really delay a rebuild for a few years. They have young talented players in DM, Lamb, Parson, and TJones and will have cap room and high draft picks. But, I can see why they would try to trade Dwight. Still they're giving up too much in my opinion without a guarantee extension. Basically, they're allowing Orlando to start over without bad contracts, and giving them young players and high draft picks. I don't think I would do it.
I agree. If we had a different Owner than that would be the strategy. Just one summer league game but I like D-Mo, Lamb, and Jones alot. If one had to go I would say put Royce White in the deal.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Still though, I wouldn't trust anyone from ESPN about Dwight not re-signing. Stephen A., Ric Bucher, both pushed for Dwight to the Nets and said their offer was better than anything the Rockets could offer, which is obviously false because Brooklyn was being used as leverage the whole time.

Pelicans78
07-14-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree DJohn. Its no done deal that Dwight wouldn't resign. He's always a flip-flopper. The question for him is would the Rockets be a good long-term option for him. Are they gonna be able to add more pieces? The Rockets would be taking on the same chance as the Nets, but is Les willing to go over the luxury tax like the Nets owner?

I'm not a huge fan of White either. I think he's a solid talent, but I like DM, Lamb, and Jones much better.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2012, 10:49 AM
I agree DJohn. Its no done deal that Dwight wouldn't resign. He's always a flip-flopper. The question for him is would the Rockets be a good long-term option for him. Are they gonna be able to add more pieces? The Rockets would be taking on the same chance as the Nets, but is Les willing to go over the luxury tax like the Nets owner?

I'm not a huge fan of White either. I think he's a solid talent, but I like DM, Lamb, and Jones much better.

I think so. If Dwight were to re-sign without any pieces around him right away, I'm sure they'd reward that by getting him pieces that he approves of. Time will tell though.

Nathan89
07-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Still they're giving up too much in my opinion without a guarantee extension.

They're giving up too muchPeriod. If next best offer is Bynum who doesn't want to extend with Orlando this offer is way over the top.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2012, 10:58 AM
They're giving up too muchPeriod. If next best offer is Bynum who doesn't want to extend with Orlando this offer is way over the top.
The offer reported by ESPN is not the actual offer. It's much less than that. Think about it. "Sources" keep saying how Dwight will only sign an extension with one team, by that coming out it drives down his value because you might just have one team (Rockets in this case) willing to make a deal. And when you have no competition, you lowball the fuck out of the other team because you know they are out of options. Don't ever go into negotiations desperate. Rockets have all the leverage here, because they don't "have" to make a deal. They can just take their "chips", go home and rebuild. Orlando is the one who needs to make a deal.

ElNono
07-14-2012, 11:45 AM
The offer reported by ESPN is not the actual offer. It's much less than that. Think about it. "Sources" keep saying how Dwight will only sign an extension with one team, by that coming out it drives down his value because you might just have one team (Rockets in this case) willing to make a deal. And when you have no competition, you lowball the fuck out of the other team because you know they are out of options. Don't ever go into negotiations desperate. Rockets have all the leverage here, because they don't "have" to make a deal. They can just take their "chips", go home and rebuild. Orlando is the one who needs to make a deal.

Houston is getting a 1 year rental at most.

The question is whether that rental is worth taking on a bunch of shitty contracts... I don't think it is.

Roxsfan
07-14-2012, 01:15 PM
If you don't give up everything and take back everything - you got to do this. You just have to.

Kai
07-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Houston is getting a 1 year rental at most.

The question is whether that rental is worth taking on a bunch of shitty contracts... I don't think it is.

incorrect. At most, he re-signs an becomes the cornerstone of the franchise.

Why is everybody saying this is a bad idea? I thought the Rockets were terrible anyways? Under no circumstances are the Rockets giving up their OWN draft picks, the only thing they are risking is players that can potentially turn into high quality role players. If Dwight leaves, we start over and rebuild. It's not like we're gambling away a championship or even playoff roster here. No brainier to pull the trigger.

Pelicans78
07-14-2012, 02:14 PM
incorrect. At most, he re-signs an becomes the cornerstone of the franchise.

Why is everybody saying this is a bad idea? I thought the Rockets were terrible anyways? Under no circumstances are the Rockets giving up their OWN draft picks, the only thing they are risking is players that can potentially turn into high quality role players. If Dwight leaves, we start over and rebuild. It's not like we're gambling away a championship or even playoff roster here. No brainier to pull the trigger.

The rebuild will take a way lot longer if Dwight leaves. Right now is the perfect time for a rebuild. They have quality young players, draft picks, and cap space. Houston doesn't have pieces to complement Dwight at this time and less likely in the future if they take back Orlando's garbage. They should hold out to take Dwight without taking back Hedo, J-Rich, etc. No reason to bail out Orlando.

CavsSuperFan
07-14-2012, 02:32 PM
The in-decision is going to be a bigger hack than the decision…

InRareForm
07-14-2012, 04:29 PM
“@AlexKennedyNBA: Three-team deal may send Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Cavs and picks/prospects/cap relief to Magic.”

Kai
07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm ready to go on record guaranteeing that Dwight will be a Rocket. Take it to the bank bitch.

DeadlyDynasty
07-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm ready to go on record guaranteeing that Dwight will be a Rocket. Take it to the bank bitch.

Bet?

djohn2oo8
07-14-2012, 04:56 PM
@SamAmicoFSO

Ha! Looking into reported potential 3-way deal: Dwight to Lakers, cap relief to Magic, Bynum to Cavs. Coming up empty so far.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Just be cool.

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2012, 05:11 PM
If you don't give up everything and take back everything - you got to do this. You just have to.

Man...what I would give to eat your pussy. I bet it taste dam good.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Can YOU spot the Koolster?

http://gifs.gifbin.com/082009/1250499942_tree_branch_saw_fail.gif

Fundamental Dream
07-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't see what's wrong with rebuilding. Adding Dwight won't change a thing. They'll still be mediocre. Stupid shit.

ElNono
07-14-2012, 05:36 PM
At most, he re-signs an becomes the cornerstone of the franchise.

That's not happening, bro.

ElNono
07-14-2012, 05:38 PM
“@AlexKennedyNBA: Three-team deal may send Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Cavs and picks/prospects/cap relief to Magic.”

pass1st
07-14-2012, 05:43 PM

Irving + Bynum seems like a good combo on a shit team

ElNono
07-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Would Drew sign an extension there? Or would he be another rental?

pass1st
07-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Would Drew sign an extension there? Or would he be another rental?

Cavs were on his list of teams if Lakers didn't sign him. Not sure if he really means it or he just made that list to fuck with the D12 talks.

Jodelo
07-14-2012, 05:46 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/082009/1250499942_tree_branch_saw_fail.gif

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Bynumite
07-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Irving + Bynum seems like a good combo on a shit team

In a shitty eastern conference, that combo alone may be enough for Cleveland to make the playoffs.

lol Dan Gilbert, what a fucking hypocrite. He doesn't give a fuck about helping contenders get even better, as long as he gets his slice of the action... that's business i guess. He still a bitch tho.

pass1st
07-14-2012, 06:02 PM
In a shitty eastern conference, that combo alone may be enough for Cleveland to make the playoffs.

lol Dan Gilbert, what a fucking hypocrite. He doesn't give a fuck about helping contenders get even better, as long as he gets his slice of the action... that's business i guess. He still a bitch tho.

Been sayin it before, people want to deal with Lakers but they don't want Lakers to deal if they aren't involved :lol

Clipper Nation
07-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Sons, it don't matter if that other team gets Dwight, because the Clips might be adding Darko "Manna From Heaven" Milicic... WE STAAAAAAAACKED sons!

pass1st
07-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Sons, it don't matter if that other team gets Dwight, because the Clips might be adding Darko "Manna From Heaven" Milicic... WE STAAAAAAAACKED sons!

Cool, you got somebody to take over for Blake when he blows out his knee or breaks his foot again :lol

Clipper Nation
07-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Cool, you got somebody to take over for Blake when he blows out his knee or breaks his foot again :lol

Worry about Bynum's knees, B... :lol

pass1st
07-14-2012, 06:11 PM

Won't be our problem for long :lol

Clipper Nation
07-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Won't be our problem for long :lol

We shall see, B... and even if you get Dwight, then worry about his back instead, B... :lol

Landon Donofag
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM
We shall see, B... and even if you get Dwight, then worry about his back instead, B... :lol

Ayo, Lesson here B, you come at the king you best not miss.

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM

Excuse me Roxsfan but I'm taken aback by your beauty...I would literally suck on your pussy for hours

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2012, 06:17 PM

Hey if we pull this shit off in addition to Dwight...will you buy a shovel, dig a hole, and lay in it...

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo) Free agent G OJ Mayo getting interest from Lakers, Chicago, Phoenix and Dallas and hopes to make decision in next 10 days, source tells Y!

Mayo good friends with Snoop Dawg so it could happen...then we sign Jamison and re-sign J. Hill and we're set :lol

Bynumite
07-14-2012, 06:19 PM
By the way, if the Lakers deal Bynum to the Cavaliers, i suggest a Bynum+Mike Brown package. Send Potato Head back to Cleveland.

pass1st
07-14-2012, 06:22 PM

Only missed 7 games his entire career before last season, I highly doubt it's a problem. I'd worry more about Blake re-injuring spots he had trouble with :lol

Dunk: 19mil
Lob: 17mil
Block: 10mil
Clippers: worthless :lol

IronMaxipad
07-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Amico:

Been told by several trusted sources now that talks between Lakers, Cavs & Magic are real. "Cavs, as usual, being a big pain," said one. But they want assurances Bynum would sign extension before even thinking about it.

Latarian Milton
07-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Excuse me Roxsfan but I'm taken aback by your beauty...I would literally suck on your pussy for hours

and would get thrown into a garbage can when you're soaked with blood and urine

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2012, 06:40 PM

I can't wait for that garbage can :lol

now the Lakers are some cold mofo's :lol

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA) If Devin Ebanks signs, the Lakers can't trade him until December 15. They asked him to wait because he could be signed-and-traded to Magic.

(https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/224269280533950464)nnedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA)
Devin Ebanks agreed to re-sign with Lakers for $1.4 mil qualifying offer, but he hasn't officially signed since he may be involved in trade.

</div>

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2012, 06:43 PM

I don't do the blood thing but I have let a few women piss on my chest as part of a Bondage game..:lol

Now I got a Mexican homie who is sick...he eats women when they're menstruating..he eats them with tater tots..he calls it Salty Ketchup...:lol

DeadlyDynasty
07-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Now I got a Mexican homie who is sick...he eats women when they're menstruating

Nothing wrong with a fresh flow, tbh

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Nothing wrong with a fresh flow, tbh

naaah I can't fuck with it Deads...my throat is too sensitive..the same reason I don't drink Coke it's too harsh..I prefer Vitamin water...

DeadlyDynasty
07-14-2012, 06:57 PM

Kai
07-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Saw this on Clutchfans :lol

http://p.twimg.com/AxxIXoKCMAAcU9u.jpg:large

Spurtacus
07-15-2012, 04:05 AM

LkrFan
07-15-2012, 07:03 AM

djohn2oo8
07-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Jason Lloyd (http://sulia.com/source/S-68571)

Couple people I spoke to last night/today believe Magic are driving most of these crazy trade rumors to try & leverage Houston. No one else is really buying it, however.

http://sulia.com/channel/cleveland-cavaliers/f/62376ced-1ff7-4be9-b37a-7b4844e9ee86/?source=twitter

Indazone
07-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Predict that Morey trolls the Lakers hard and that the Lakers eventually get Howard but will force Bynum to the Rockets. Cleveland deal officially dead.

djohn2oo8
07-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Predict that Morey trolls the Lakers hard and that the Lakers eventually get Howard but will force Bynum to the Rockets. Cleveland deal officially dead.
lol you think the goal is to team up Lin/Bynum for marketing purposes instead of Lin/Howard? :lol

Kai
07-15-2012, 12:58 PM

Upgrading the Laker's already great center position. That'll sure show them not to fuck with us.

tesseractive
07-15-2012, 01:02 PM

Classic. :lmao

ElNono
07-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Amico:

Been told by several trusted sources now that talks between Lakers, Cavs & Magic are real. "Cavs, as usual, being a big pain," said one. But they want assurances Bynum would sign extension before even thinking about it.

Dan Gilbert being a pain? You don't say... :lol

TIMMYtoZO
07-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Hopefully this saga can go for at least 11 more days until Giants training camp start. I have enjoyed every bit of this drama. So many reports of trades being "close". :lol

Latarian Milton
07-15-2012, 08:59 PM
lol you think the goal is to team up Lin/Bynum for marketing purposes instead of Lin/Howard? :lol

lin would be the centerpiece for marketing, doesn't make no difference whether its DH or Bynum accompanying him tbh

djohn2oo8
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
lin would be the centerpiece for marketing, doesn't make no difference whether its DH or Bynum accompanying him tbh
Lin/Howard would be Les Alexander's wet dream.

Kai
07-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Lin/Howard would be Les Alexander's wet dream.

Inverse of Yao/T-Mac :lol

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Dwight's messages to a fan that fan made public. CROFL Dwight driving his value into the dirt. :lmao

http://i.imgur.com/NvJJL.jpg

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 04:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/arPpS.jpg

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 04:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1Y3YS.jpg

pass1st
07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Poor millionaire monkeyballer :depressed

lakerhaterade
07-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Dwight is such a faggot

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 04:44 PM
:lol Magic burning bridges with every half-decent player in their franchise

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 04:47 PM
:lol Magic burning bridges with every half-decent player in their franchise
Dwight's fault this time. He's making sure they get as little back as possible for him.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Dwight's fault this time. He's making sure they get as little back as possible for him.

Well there has to be a reason behind Shaq, Penny, T-Mac, Hill, Francis, and now Dwight getting the hell out of Orlando as soon as they possibly can, tbh....

Kai
07-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Funny how Orlando gives up Shaq to LA and T-Mac to Houston, and now that Dwight is on his way out, guess which two teams are holding their hands out for him :lol

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Well there has to be a reason behind Shaq, Penny, T-Mac, Hill, Francis, and now Dwight getting the hell out of Orlando as soon as they possibly can, tbh....

Dwight could have gotten out sooner had he opted out.

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Funny how Orlando gives up Shaq to LA and T-Mac to Houston, and now that Dwight is on his way out, guess which two teams are holding their hands out for him :lol

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Dwight could have gotten out sooner had he opted out.

True that, but he still wants out, just like every star Orlando's ever had.... and the petty, vindictive way the Magic have handled this whole saga really makes one think, tbh....

Bynumite
07-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Lakers pushing hard to land Magic center Dwight Howard & meeting with Magic today,sources tell Y! LAL wants DH contract extension commitment

djohn2oo8
07-17-2012, 11:22 AM
^ Leverage ploy.

IronMaxipad
07-17-2012, 12:42 PM
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/225258599155372033

Lakers pushing hard to land Magic center Dwight Howard & meeting with Magic today,sources tell Y! LAL wants DH contract extension commitment

edit: already posted.

Kai
07-17-2012, 12:51 PM
fuck you Lakers, can't you just be happy with Bynum? :(

djohn2oo8
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
fuck you Lakers, can't you just be happy with Bynum? :(
Calm down Lassie, it's been outed as a leverage ploy. Look for a trade to happen soon after Lin situation.

LkrFan
07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/225258599155372033

edit: already posted.

I don't know why people are acting like we need Howard. We don't. I'm going on record again: I could give two shits on whether we get Howard or not. Either way, the Lakers is getting 20/12/2+ from their starting center this year. I tell you what though, if we get Howard, there will be more of this in the near future when they match up:

gUbbhsjGmxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bynum is too big and too skilled for Howard to deal with without help. Not saying I wouldn't want a healthy Howard, but admittedly I'm biased towards a home grown/groomed Laker.

pass1st
07-17-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't know why people are acting like we need Howard. We don't. I'm going on record again: I could give two shits on whether we get Howard or not. Either way, the Lakers is getting 20/12/2+ from their starting center this year. I tell you what though, if we get Howard, there will be more of this in the near future when they match up:

gUbbhsjGmxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bynum is too big and too skilled for Howard to deal with without help. Not saying I wouldn't want a healthy Howard, but admittedly I'm biased towards a home grown/groomed Laker.

Bynum is going to try n throw Kobe under the bus like Kobe did Shaq, but LA brass won't have any of it. If Bynum stays, expect a power struggle. Dwight is stupid and shouldn't be hard to control

LkrFan
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Bynum is going to try n throw Kobe under the bus like Kobe did Shaq, but LA brass won't have any of it. If Bynum stays, expect a power struggle. Dwight is stupid and shouldn't be hard to control

Why would Bynum throw Kobe under the bus? I think he was content being #2 on this roster. Sure, he'd want to be #1 (who wouldn't?) but as long as he gets his shots, I think he'll be fine.

Now that we've got Nash - he'll get his shots early and often. That YouTube vid I posted? Would have been at least a 20/20 game on Howard with a competent PG (Nash). A motivated Bynum is dangerous. IIRC, that game occurred around the trade deadline. :lol Maybe the Lakers are trying to keep him motivated by "pushing" for Howard. Works for me...either way. ;)

djohn2oo8
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen
The Asik, Lin contracts will not impact talks with Magic, per source. Talks on trade for Dwight Howard have taken those deals into account.

djohn2oo8
07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI
On Houston/Howard: Been told reports that Rockets will just absorb all of the Magic's bad contracts are ridiculous.

Kai
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

One more thing on Rockets-Magic talks; they've been ongoing all week. LA-Magic talks also not new, but would involve Rockets as 3rd team.

Indazone
07-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Morey is not going to take on all those bad contracts. He's smarter than that. He's going to let this play out and if the Cavs or Lakers want Howard so bad, he's going to let them over pay for him. Morey will stand pat on his offer until the last minute and then he might throw something in to sweeten the pot. aka Linsanity

djohn2oo8
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Morey is not going to take on all those bad contracts. He's smarter than that. He's going to let this play out and if the Cavs or Lakers want Howard so bad, he's going to let them over pay for him. Morey will stand pat on his offer until the last minute and then he might throw something in to sweeten the pot. aka Linsanity
Lol Lin can't be traded immediately.

LkrFan
07-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Just a reminder...a healthy Bynum destroyed Fat Gasol:

1LFgHP07aoo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check out when it was 110-109 (Laker lead). Kobe initiated PNR with Pau. Lob to Bynum for the clutch dunk. Unstoppable play. Now imagine Nash in place of Kobe running PNR with Kobe roaming weakside - one on one with his defender.

PNR to end quarters/games will be our bread and butter. Most importantly it will yield a HIGH percentage shot.

Clipper Nation
07-17-2012, 04:40 PM

Except Dwight hates Kobrick for telling him he'd be the third option, so there'd definitely be a power struggle there too, tbh....

pass1st
07-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Except Dwight hates Kobrick for telling him he'd be the third option, so there'd definitely be a power struggle there too, tbh....

Please, Kobe can give him a handful of sliced bananas and Dwight will shutup & dunk for 40 mins.

ginobili's bald spot
08-09-2012, 10:22 PM

This guy too :lol

IronMaxipad
08-10-2012, 12:58 AM

:lmao:lmao

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 01:04 AM

:lmao bankrupt

tesseractive
08-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Solid bump. :tu

pass1st
08-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Djohn searching twitter for somebody saying the trade won't happen

Michael Jordan.
10-05-2013, 02:04 PM
This guy too :lol

:lmao:lmao
:lmao destiny