PDA

View Full Version : So who likes Condi Rice as VP to Romney?

CosmicCowboy
07-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I could live with that.

CosmicCowboy
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
The VP debate would be a slaughter.

coyotes_geek
07-13-2012, 10:26 AM

True, but that's a pretty low bar to clear.............

CosmicCowboy
07-13-2012, 10:29 AM
True, but that's a pretty low bar to clear.............
:lol

coyotes_geek
07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
I think she's a very smart individual, which is why I don't think she'd want the job. It doesn't strike me as being challenging enough for her.

Besides, I think Romney is going to be looking for someone who is really strong in a crucial swing state. Rice could probably deliver some female votes, but those votes would be spread out over the entire country. He needs votes in a specific number of swing states to have a chance to pull off a win.

cantthinkofanything
07-13-2012, 10:34 AM
I like it.

But I'd also like the corpse of Kim Jong il as VP if it meant more non-Obama votes.

clambake
07-13-2012, 10:52 AM
ready to give one of the conspirators a pass?

Bill_Brasky
07-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Doesn't matter to me when one candidate is a complete douche and the other is a turd sandwich.

Th'Pusher
07-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Nobody votes for a vice president. This election is going to be won at the top of the ticket.

boutons_deux
07-13-2012, 11:53 AM
a lying, war criminal as VEEP, a black AND a woman.

yeah, that would really get out the red-state bubbas and Repug extremist base out.

boutons_deux
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Nobody votes for a vice president. This election is going to be won at the top of the ticket.

A huge number of people in 2008 voted AGAINST the Repug veep.

pitbull bitch, "one heartbeat away from the Presidency", guaranteed that McLiar lost, and just increased Barry's landslide.

clambake
07-13-2012, 11:57 AM
ummmm many votes for mccain were because of the dummy.

Th'Pusher
07-13-2012, 12:01 PM
A huge number of people in 2008 voted AGAINST the Repug veep.

pitbull bitch, "one heartbeat away from the Presidency", guaranteed that McLiar lost, and just increased Barry's landslide.

That's true, but that selection just made McCain look desperate. Putting Condi on the ticket may prevent the racist repubs from voting. That's why I still think Romney will go with the safe pick like Tim Pawlenty or Rob Portman.

mercos
07-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Either Rice or Rubio make the most sense from a demographics point of view, though I think Rubio would be the better choice. Romney is not getting the African American or the woman vote. Rubio could potentially help in Florida, and with Hispanics. Given the culturally conservative nature of the Hispanic population, that is what Republicans should have been chasing for years. Instead, they let the racist base of the party dictate the message, and sent Hispanics in droves to Obama and the Democrats. That is going to prove a costly mistake in the future.

boutons_deux
07-13-2012, 12:19 PM
ummmm many votes for mccain were because of the dummy.

yep, lots of ignorant dumbfucks, marans, tea baggers, fox/limbaugh suckers around, voting against their interests, but luckily for America in 2008, not enough of them.

cantthinkofanything
07-13-2012, 12:25 PM
yep, lots of ignorant dumbfucks, marans, tea baggers, fox/limbaugh suckers around, voting against their interests, but luckily for America in 2008, not enough of them.

yeah...these last four years...we should all feel lucky

boutons_deux
07-13-2012, 12:30 PM
If Gecko wins + Congress, the your luck will really be fantastic.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Anyone who fell in love with George W. Bush like she did would be easily defeated.

cantthinkofanything
07-13-2012, 12:40 PM
If Gecko wins + Congress, the your luck will really be fantastic.

I'll take my chances with anything other than a repeat of this 4 year clusterfuck.

boutons_deux
07-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Barry's "clusterfuck" was present 20 Jan 2009.

TeyshaBlue
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM

lol simpleton.

TeyshaBlue
07-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Either Rice or Rubio make the most sense from a demographics point of view, though I think Rubio would be the better choice. Romney is not getting the African American or the woman vote. Rubio could potentially help in Florida, and with Hispanics. Given the culturally conservative nature of the Hispanic population, that is what Republicans should have been chasing for years. Instead, they let the racist base of the party dictate the message, and sent Hispanics in droves to Obama and the Democrats. That is going to prove a costly mistake in the future.

Already is. :tu

Yonivore
07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Now, I'm a Cracker for Condi!

ChumpDumper
07-13-2012, 01:14 PM
The National Security Adviser who whiffed on the threat of terrorism in favor of the threat of "nucular" war with Russia?

Yes, lets reopen that chapter. She's never really explained her failure fully enough.

lefty
07-13-2012, 01:19 PM
She is not really black, is she ?

Blake
07-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Condi's not bad

I think CC is underestimating Biden in a debate though

And overestimating Rice a bit, imo

boutons_deux
07-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Condi Rice Veep Buzz Designed to Divert From Bain

You may be shocked to learn that former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will not be Mitt Romney's running mate pick. But what about that Drudge exclusive, you ask? The one with the BIG EXCLAMATION POINT after Condi's name?! The one that broke yesterday afternoon, after the Obama campaign spent an entire day hammering Romney for a Boston Globe story* that questioned the Mittster's truthfulness when he asserted that he was not involved with Bain Capital during its outsourcing years?

Exactly.

Condoleezza Rice is a pro-choice woman who also oversaw two very unpopular wars. Pick her, and all the prevarication that led the U.S. into Iraq gets re-prosecuted in the court of public opinion. Pick her, and the evangelical vote fails to turn out.

As Poppy Bush might say, "Nah gah happ'n."

But it made for a nice shiny object for distracting the media from that nasty Bain stuff for a couple of hours there, no?

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/1031502/condi_rice_veep_buzz_designed_to_divert_from_bain/#paragraph2

boutons_deux
07-13-2012, 03:11 PM
The Shrinking Resume of Mitt Romney

Asked during a press conference here whether he thought Romney’s experience at Bain should be part of his “record,” McDonnell shook his head and said “No. No.”

Wait a minute. I thought Romney’s experience at Bain was precisely what Mitt’s been citing all along as his principal qualification to be president. He hardly ever mentions his tenure as governor of Massachusetts, since some evil genie stole into the State Capital and signed health care legislation while Romney was presumably off creating a job or stopping an abortion or something. So if we’re not looking at Bain, what are we supposed to look at?

“All of these attacks are things that happened after Mitt Romney left as the managing director of Bain — he left to run the Olympics, some of the best Olympics in history in 2002,” McDonnell said.

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/1031930/the_shrinking_resume_of_mitt_romney/#paragraph4

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/1031930/the_shrinking_resume_of_mitt_romney/#paragraph4

TheProfessor
07-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I like and respect her. But she has the W. stigma. One of Obama's main lines of criticism will be that Romney wants to take us back to the failed policies of four years ago - selecting Condi would reinforce that.

SnakeBoy
07-13-2012, 08:36 PM
I like and respect her. But she has the W. stigma. One of Obama's main lines of criticism will be that Romney wants to take us back to the failed policies of four years ago - selecting Condi would reinforce that.

I don't think that would be an effective line of attack. The biggest drawback would be her assiciation with the Iraq war but I would think that is a touch line to walk considering Obama's actions as pres. The upside to her is she would be debating Biden, she'd smoke his ass.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-13-2012, 08:40 PM

I agree with this. I would add from a demographics standpoint Rice would be pointless. At the end of the day it would be incredibly easy to run a direct line from Rice to all the Bush foreign policy gaffes/failures.

The line would be Rice got us into Iraq, Obama got us out.

baseline bum
07-13-2012, 08:49 PM

W trashed a lot of people. Powell looked like he'd end up a great future Republican presidential candidate until Bush made him fall on his sword for him at the UN. Too bad, as I would have voted for Powell over Obama or any other jackass in this race in a second.

Yonivore
07-13-2012, 08:53 PM
W trashed a lot of people. Powell looked like he'd end up a great future Republican presidential candidate until Bush made him fall on his sword for him at the UN.
The man was a four-fucking-star General and you want to play the "Bush-made-him-do-it" card?

"...Bush made him..." What was he, some kind of playground bully?

:lmao

Powell is an unprincipled hack who followed the political winds. He let that Valerie Plame nonsense go on way too long and should have thrown Armitage to the fucking wolves.

ElNono
07-13-2012, 08:55 PM
So what ideas she brings to the table? Or she should be just picked for the potential comedy factor of debating Joe?

ElNono
07-13-2012, 08:55 PM
W trashed a lot of people. Powell looked like he'd end up a great future Republican presidential candidate until Bush made him fall on his sword for him at the UN. Too bad, as I would have voted for Powell over Obama or any other jackass in this race in a second.

Agreed.

baseline bum
07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Powell wanted no part of that piece of shit war and fought Bush like hell to keep us from going there. Then he stupidly played good soldier to his jackass president and destroyed his career going forward.

baseline bum
07-13-2012, 09:00 PM
The fact that braindead partisans Yonivore and boutons both hate Powell further convinces me he would have been an excellent president.

Yonivore
07-13-2012, 10:01 PM
...stupidly...
Call him stupid and, still, you think he's presidential material?

Wild Cobra
07-14-2012, 04:38 AM
I would do Condi... I mean vote for her.

boutons_deux
07-14-2012, 06:56 AM
But she has the W. stigma.

When you play with pigs, you get dirty and smelly.

She was running NatSec Jan 2001 - 9/11 and did NOTHING, not even one meeting, about Islamic terrorism. Terrorism/OBL was a Clinton obsession that had to be ignored and negated by Repugs, ideologically. If OBL was Dem thing, it meant the Repugs had to ignore it, be against it.

During the 2008 campaign, Repugs didn't breathe a word about 2001-2008 dubya and dickhead's Reign of Error and Crime, didn't run on "we need more of the same Repug excellence as dubya and dickhead", because they had no accomplishments, successes to highlight. And the Repugs STILL don't talk about dubya and dickhead and those 8 years of shit.

jack sommerset
07-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Mitt will stay away from her for one huge reason, she was to close to the Bush connection. It would have beenbinteresting to see how many black votes she could get the republicans considering 96 percent voted for Obama last election. God bless

DMX7
07-14-2012, 09:44 PM

Joe Biden: Dr. Rice, what was your job title on the date of September 11, 2001?

Condoleezza Rice: United States National Security Advisor.

boutons_deux
07-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Joe Biden: Dr. Rice, what was your job title on the date of September 11, 2001?

Condoleezza Rice: United States National Security Advisor.

How many anti-terrorist meetings, or ANY NatSec meetings, did you hold from 20 Jan 2011 to 11 Sep?

What was your priority, the #1 threat to USA, as NatSec Advisor?

Nbadan
07-15-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't think that the number of black voters which Condi could draw would be enough to pull Romney ahead in any of the swing states, so no

besides....Rice-a-Romney? really?

Wild Cobra
07-15-2012, 02:14 AM
I don't think that the number of black voters which Condi could draw would be enough to pull Romney ahead in any of the swing states, so no

besides....Rice-a-Romney? really?

I agree. those who vote for someone because they are black would call her Uncle Tom's mistress, or something similar. I would vote for her because I believe she would make a good president.

Sportcamper
07-15-2012, 08:52 AM
The VP debates Condi vs. goofy Joe...Priceless...:lol

DMX7
07-15-2012, 10:16 AM
She would get curb stomped in a debate with Joe Biden.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Mitt will stay away from her for one huge reason, she was to close to the Bush connection. It would have beenbinteresting to see how many black votes she could get the republicans considering 96 percent voted for Obama last election. God bless

I think it would be more interesting to see how having her on the ticket torpedoed the Southern Strategy. It's already in a bit of trouble with a Mormon on the top of the ticket. Can you imagine how many white Baptists would stay home with that, in combination with a black woman in the VP slot?

Clipper Nation
07-15-2012, 11:33 AM
:lol Nobody wants to be Willard's running mate
:lol Willard: flip-flopper, fraud, loser
:lol McCain 2.0
:lol Makes Obama look better with each new lie

boutons_deux
07-15-2012, 12:26 PM
C-U gonna throw $1.5B at Barry, will make Swift-Boat look like a song of love

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

DMX7
07-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Perry tried to spend his way to victory and lost, Walker did the same and won, we will see who wins the big one next.

mercos
07-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I think it would be more interesting to see how having her on the ticket torpedoed the Southern Strategy. It's already in a bit of trouble with a Mormon on the top of the ticket. Can you imagine how many white Baptists would stay home with that, in combination with a black woman in the VP slot?

Romney will win the Deep South states regardless of who is on the ticket. Turnout may be lower, but enough people down here hate Obama so vigorously that he is guaranteed to win most of the bible belt.

DMX7
07-15-2012, 04:55 PM
A mormon and a black woman on the same GOP ticket might make the bible belt's head explode, but they'd still show up like sheep, close their eyes and vote for Romney because of their intense hatred for Obama.

boutons_deux
07-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Drudge suckered everybody with his Cunti bait.

Clipper Nation
07-15-2012, 06:47 PM
A mormon and a black woman on the same GOP ticket might make the bible belt's head explode, but they'd still show up like sheep, close their eyes and vote for Romney because of their intense hatred for Obama.

As well as their blind GOP homerism...