PDA

View Full Version : 10 prized possessions of yours....

Avante
07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
.....that would fit in a suitcase (non family things)

Hmmmm?

Jimmy Brown 1958 Rookie Card, near mint (one corner a little roundedhttp://www.tracktalk.net/images/smilies/frown.gif )

A 1916 Mercury head dime, got it on a charm bracelet for a buck at a yardsale. Yep a tiny hole in ithttp://www.tracktalk.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

A first edition H.P.Lovecraft. The Lurking Fear.

The complete John Carter on Mars saga by Edgar Rice Burroughs, 11 books.

A couple clippings out of the local paper (Visalia) from my football days. One with a picture.

Football trophies from my City League flag football days. One an MVP.

Ribbons from my track days.

Joe Montana 1981 Rookie Card, mint condition.

Jerry Rice 1986 Rookie Card, in mint condition.

Complete Conan epic by Robert E. Howard.

The Complete Recordings by Robert Johnson (no not really, they found another take of Traveling Riverside Blues (Zepplien cover) a few years ago)

The Plantation Recordings of Muddy Waters. Recored right there on his front porch at the Stovall Plantation in Mississippi 1941.

Cookie Gilchrist rookie card from 1962? Near mint. First AFL back to have a 1000 yard season. A 250 pound fullback.

Ok ok I cheatedhttp://www.tracktalk.net/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

What breaks my heart is getting rid of all my old comics. I'm talking1959-1975ish.2:

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4721711596045497&id=0e68eaa128958e1c3447390321b66451
08 PM

Sportcamper
07-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Football trophies from my City League flag football days

That one is great…I too had a giant Championship Trophy from City League Flag Football…I cherished it for decades until it got lost in one of my moves….:lol

One of my prized possessions is a ceramic duck I made in Kindergarten…It semi melted in the kiln & ended up looking like a duck monster…Awesome….

Avante
07-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Football trophies from my City League flag football days

That one is great…I too had a giant Championship Trophy from City League Flag Football…I cherished it for decades until it got lost in one of my moves….:lol

One of my prized possessions is a ceramic duck I made in Kindergarten…It semi melted in the kiln & ended up looking like a duck monster…Awesome….

I played for the Goshen Bombers.

I was around 26/27 when I bumped into a couple old buddies off our HS team in a bar, they asked me if I still wanted to play some ball. I retired at 40. Miss it!

I did have one of those hand prints from kindergarden, have no idea where it went.

SpurinDallas
07-13-2012, 02:39 PM
I have some of my grandfathers WWII medals and some other keepsakes of his my grandmother gave me after he passed away. I'm wanting to buy a turntable so I can listen to the old Glenn Miller and Frank Sintara LP's I have of his now. I grew up listening to that music, love it.

Anything my mother gave me. She passed away 2 years ago, so I treasure everything I have of hers.

Sportcamper
07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Flag Football....Canoga Park Saints…We were bad to the bone…

Turntables can be had on ebay for cheap...

cantthinkofanything
07-13-2012, 02:48 PM

snicker...(showing restraint)

Avante
07-13-2012, 02:49 PM
I have some of my grandfathers WWII medals and some other keepsakes of his my grandmother gave me after he passed away. I'm wanting to buy a turntable so I can listen to the old Glenn Miller and Frank Sintara LP's I have of his now. I grew up listening to that music, love it.

Anything my mother gave me. She passed away 2 years ago, so I treasure everything I have of hers.

Sorry about your mother, I also lost mine not so ong ago.

Not much into Glenn Miler but have a lot of stuff by Sinatra. He was the king of the lounge sound.

I also had some medals and an old Japanese bayonet my dad had.

Avante
07-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Flag Football....Canoga Park Saints…We were bad to the bone…

One tourney we had Michael Young x-Bronco, Lupe Sanchez x Steeler, Freddy Ford an x-Charger and Mackinley Dillingham who had played for San Diego State. It just wasn't fair.

Sportcamper
07-13-2012, 03:01 PM
One tourney we had Michael Young x-Bronco, Lupe Sanchez x Steeler, Freddy Ford an x-Charger and Mackinley Dillingham who had played for San Diego State. It just wasn't fair.

We had a player whose Dad played a Vulcan extra on TV Star Trek…That’s the best I can do…:toast

Avante
07-13-2012, 03:04 PM
We had a player whose Dad played a Vulcan extra on TV Star Trek…That’s the best I can do…:toast

A Vulcan extra, I have never seen those two words side by side before.:toast

Sportcamper
07-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Well he was a really tall man with pointed ears…(Not Kidding)…There was only one Spock but Star Trek had other Vulcan’s in episodes who rarely had a speaking part…

BacktoBasics
07-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm not a afraid to give credit where credit is due. This is one of your better threads.

I have a billiard tip scuffer/tapper I keep on my key chain. Been there for years. My old Dukes of Hazard lunchbox comes to mind too.

You need to get those cards slabbed and graded. If anything just to preserve and protect the card.

Avante
07-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm not a afraid to give credit where credit is due. This is one of your better threads.

I have a billiard tip scuffer/tapper I keep on my key chain. Been there for years. My old Dukes of Hazard lunchbox comes to mind too.

You need to get those cards slabbed and graded. If anything just to preserve and protect the card.

You have to stop that. I'm not looking for you to critique me, ok? Where do you get this idea anyone cares about your opinion? I sure don't. If you just wanna talk like the others here, ok, cool. Save this need to hand out grades and report cards, it makes you look ridiculous. I'm guessing you have needed your ass whipped for a long time, bummer it hasn't been done, might have knocked some sense into you. Dude, when you talk to me you cool the critic bit. Remember I'm posting threads, all you are doing is wandering around tossing out orders and telling everyone how it should be done while you do.....0.

Ok...

Not interested in selling any cards so no need to have them graded, they are in thick plastics. You thought I had a rubberband around them:rolleyes

SpurinDallas
07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
You have to stop that. I'm not looking for you to critique me, ok? Where do you get this idea anyone cares about your opinion? I sure don't. If you just wanna talk like the others here, ok, cool. Save this need to hand out grades and report cards, it makes you look ridiculous. I'm guessing you have needed your ass whipped for a long time, bummer it hasn't been done, might have knocked some sense into you. Dude, when you talk to me you cool the critic bit. Remember I'm posting threads, all you are doing is wandering around tossing out orders and telling everyone how it should be done while you do.....0.

Ok...

Not interested in selling any cards so no need to have them graded, they are in thick plastics. You thought I had a rubberband around them:rolleyes

Geez dude. You really are just a straight up asshole.

BacktoBasics
07-13-2012, 04:35 PM

Ok...

Not interested in selling any cards so no need to have them graded, they are in thick plastics. You thought I had a rubberband around them:rolleyesIf you knew anything about cards you'd know that slabbing them is the most protective way to care for your cards. Thick plastics can still damage them.

Also having a record of your cards IE graded and slabbed goes a long way in protecting your prized possession in the event of loss or theft.

I have no plans to change the way I post. It was a compliment but if you're offended oh well. You're stuck with me for life, the only alternative would be for you to leave.

silverblk mystix
07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Geez dude. You really are just a straight up asshole.

I think you don't know the whole backstory. I think Avante was right on the money. Even when B2B posts on something completely innocent and unrelated to any trolling/flaming...she still has to have that tone as if she were some authority or as if anyone needed her approval.

If you were unaware of the backstory--I can see why you would think it was an asshole statement.

fyi

silverblk mystix
07-13-2012, 06:22 PM
If you knew anything about cards you'd know that slabbing them is the most protective way to care for your cards. Thick plastics can still damage them.

Also having a record of your cards IE graded and slabbed goes a long way in protecting your prized possession in the event of loss or theft.

I have no plans to change the way I post. It was a compliment but if you're offended oh well. You're stuck with me for life, the only alternative would be for you to leave.

Looks like we are all stuck with each other then.

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Printouts of 10 Avante/RaZon threads...

...nah, just playin, B...

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Remember I'm posting threads
STOP saying that like it means something, B... your threads suck and nobody likes them, you could add more to the community by not posting, tbh....

Avante
07-13-2012, 07:51 PM
STOP saying that like it means something, B... your threads suck and nobody likes them, you could add more to the community by not posting, tbh....

What doesn't suck according to you? Love to see an example of what you think is a ..wow..thread. Well?

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 08:37 PM
What doesn't suck according to you? Love to see an example of what you think is a ..wow..thread. Well?

Anything that isn't your usual rambling, nonsensical, bigoted bullshit...

Avante
07-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Anything that isn't your usual rambling, nonsensical, bigoted bullshit...

Just as I thought you got nothing. Go talk favorite burgers, it's more on your level.

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Just as I thought you got nothing. Go talk favorite burgers, it's more on your level.

Not really sure what burgers have to do with your inability to post a non-retarded thread, but whatever B...

Avante
07-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Not really sure what burgers have to do with your inability to post a non-retarded thread, but whatever B...

What isn't a retarded thread in your opinion? When you click on here you look for threads talking about.......what? Come on man since you are soooooo worried about me show me how it's done.

What do you start threads about?

I just noticed you have never started a thread here have you? Dude, are you fucking kidding me? SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 08:52 PM
:lol Meltdown
:lol You are DEFINITELY sbm

Avante
07-13-2012, 09:08 PM
:lol You are DEFINITELY sbm

Notice how this little shit totally ignored the fact he has never ever posted a thread here.

Dude, are you that uncreative?

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I've started seven threads, B... look 'em up... :lol

Avante
07-13-2012, 09:15 PM
I've started seven threads, B... look 'em up... :lol

Are you really as stupid as you act? I'M TALKING ABOUT HERE AT THE CLUB...duh!!!!!!!!

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 09:17 PM

Avante
07-13-2012, 09:29 PM

There we have it gang, a little shit moanin' and groanin' about something he knows nothing about. He has never started a thread here but thinks he has a voice, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fucking freak:rolleyes

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 09:33 PM

Avante
07-13-2012, 10:01 PM

translation

Ok ok ok so I never originate anything. I expect you to up your game. I might lack creativity but you don't need to. Got it punk!

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 10:10 PM

Avante
07-13-2012, 10:20 PM
As we can see it's getting sad now. Poor little guy.

Ok, lets have some music.

AITNgcB77oY (http://AITNgcB77oY)

Clipper Nation
07-13-2012, 10:21 PM
:lol Shit music that nobody listens to

silverblk mystix
07-13-2012, 10:26 PM
As we can see it's getting sad now. Poor little guy.

Ok, lets have some music.

AITNgcB77oY (http://AITNgcB77oY)

Nice.

I'm partial to the Allman Brothers version...but that was a smoking guitar solo!

Avante
07-13-2012, 10:32 PM
:lol Shit music that nobody listens to

Obviously you know nothing about music either. Dude you can't post treads, have no idea what a bet is, have no idea what good music is. Is there anything you do know about, anything you can do?

Avante
07-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Nice.

I'm partial to the Allman Brothers version...but that was a smoking guitar solo!

T-Bone Walker the king of the blues electric guitar is the daddy of that tune. Bobby Blue Bland a Memphis cat does a great cover. Yes that Allman Bros cover is also solid.

hVR8lg1YLuc (http://hVR8lg1YLuc)

silverblk mystix
07-13-2012, 11:00 PM
This would fit in here...

0y8Q2PATVyI&feature=fvwrel

Try to find a better vocal!

Avante
07-13-2012, 11:19 PM
You nailed it bro, yep a perfect fit.

Here we go...

kZ7mjSDhjTk (http://kZ7mjSDhjTk)

thispego
07-14-2012, 12:13 AM

Ok...

:lmao

thispego
07-14-2012, 12:18 AM

I'm an avante fan myself

Avante
07-14-2012, 12:34 AM

I'm an avante fan myself

Ah shucks:toast

koriwhat
07-14-2012, 11:03 AM
liner machine
shader machine
lightbox
sketches
watercolors
grime: 2 yr autopsy (books)
chris trevino: gods & warriors (book)
tenacious d: house of blues (signed poster)
'78 bob marley (poster)
'92 spurs (duffelbag i won at the game off a program guide)

BacktoBasics
07-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Kinda funny how this thread was going fine then you decided to drop your proverbial dump and then the thread subsequently went to shit. You are your own worst enemy.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Avante hasn't been around since he got completely owned last night, tbh....

DeadlyDynasty
07-16-2012, 05:08 PM
1. Ced Ceballos jersey

2-10: Everything else.

Avante
07-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Avante hasn't been around since he got completely owned last night, tbh....

I have a beautiful wife amigo, trust me she isn't cool with me crawling out of bed in the morning sitting my fine ass down in front of a computer for 24 hours straight then crawling off to bed. I realize your parents don't care but my wife does. So I gotta be cool for a few days. She'd gone right now:downspin: I love her dearly.

I never get owned little one, there is nobody here that talented or skilled. Me vs little jerkoffs like you who came all over himself because he posted..."A"..thread. Dude:rolleyes

silverblk mystix
07-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I have a beautiful wife amigo, trust me she isn't cool with me crawling out of bed in the morning sitting my fine ass down in front of a computer for 24 hours straight then crawling off to bed. I realize your parents don't care but my wife does. So I gotta be cool for a few days. She'd gone right now:downspin: I love her dearly.

I never get owned little one, there is nobody here that talented or skilled. Me vs little jerkoffs like you who came all over himself because he posted..."A"..thread. Dude:rolleyes

:toast

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 07:56 PM

:lmao Acid

Capt Bringdown
07-16-2012, 08:02 PM
GUcXI2BIUOQ

I ain't got no home, ain't got no shoes
Ain't got no money, Ain't got no clothes
Ain't got no perfume, Ain't got no skirts
Ain't got no sweaters, Ain't got no smokes
Ain't got no god.

But there is something i've got,
There is something i've got,
Nobody can take it away...

Avante
07-16-2012, 08:07 PM

Avante
07-16-2012, 08:07 PM
GUcXI2BIUOQ

I ain't got no home, ain't got no shoes
Ain't got no money, Ain't got no clothes
Ain't got no perfume, Ain't got no skirts
Ain't got no sweaters, Ain't got no smokes
Ain't got no god.

But there is something i've got,
Nobody can take it away...

Very cool, one of my favs.

Big Empty
07-16-2012, 08:36 PM
hmmmm
Barry Sanders Score Rookie Card
Dan Marino Rookie Card
John Elway Rookie card
Brett Farve Stadium club rookie
Barry Sanders 1991 24kt Gold upperdeck
OJ Simpson 2nd year card
Standing liberty Silver quarter
Garbage Pail Kid collection!
Barry Sanders autographed rushing title plaque

Avante
07-16-2012, 08:51 PM
hmmmm
Barry Sanders Score Rookie Card
Dan Marino Rookie Card
John Elway Rookie card
Brett Farve Stadium club rookie
Barry Sanders 1991 24kt Gold upperdeck
OJ Simpson 2nd year card
Standing liberty Silver quarter
Garbage Pail Kid collection!
Barry Sanders autographed rushing title plaque

Good stuff, I also have that Sanders, Marino rookie.

I sold my Elway rookie:rolleyes

Capt Bringdown
07-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Very cool, one of my favs.

Words of wisdom, aya...
Clay that we print,
may stay as we mold it,
but we'll never hold it to promises long.

JudynTX
07-17-2012, 09:57 AM
No way in hell I'm telling you's guys my prized possessions. :lol

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2012, 10:01 AM
No way in hell I'm telling you's guys my prized possessions. :lol

Do most of them take batteries?

JudynTX
07-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Do most of them take batteries?

Nah, just lots of flash.

koriwhat
07-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Kinda funny how this thread was going fine then you decided to drop your proverbial dump and then the thread subsequently went to shit. You are your own worst enemy.

me? what?

The Gemini Method
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
A picture of me and Magic @ the Forum
A Ken Griffey rookie card mint condition
The degrees I earned (first person in my family to not go the street route)
A Laurence Olivier-signed copy of the World at War VHS tape set -- Was a gift from a cousin who was stationed in the U.K.
A letter written to me by my childhood crush who would subsequently die from leukemia. It serves as a memento and a motivational piece

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
:toastYou sure spend a lot of time up his ass. Hopefully his wife is okay with that.

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 03:47 PM
me? what?No the OP

silverblk mystix
07-17-2012, 03:51 PM
You sure spend a lot of time up his ass. Hopefully his wife is okay with that.

I am trying to be nice to you because I don't want your husband or kids to suffer because of your months long menstrual cycle.

When are you going to respond to the life coach thread?

Are you qualified or not?

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 04:04 PM
I am trying to be nice to you because I don't want your husband or kids to suffer because of your months long menstrual cycle.

When are you going to respond to the life coach thread?

Are you qualified or not?I probably could help you in real life. Just to be completely serious for a brief second.

However I can't stand you. If you were drowning and needed a life vest I would walk away. That's not an exaggeration either.

Avante
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I probably could help you in real life. Just to be completely serious for a brief second.

However I can't stand you. If you were drowning and needed a life vest I would walk away. That's not an exaggeration either.

You really do need to understand the difference between this silly internet bullshit and real life. It appears you don't get it.

silverblk mystix
07-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I probably could help you in real life. Just to be completely serious for a brief second.

So, you are butthurt?

Life coach 101- be a shitty human being and worry about your prejudices over saving a human life.

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
You really do need to understand the difference between this silly internet bullshit and real life. It appears you don't get it.It appears you don't. Just because you don't physically enter spurstalk as a person doesn't give you a free pass to act like a fucking moron.

I don't like you. Haven't from the very beginning. And you've only shown everyone here what an enormous piece of shit you can be all because you have the ability to cower behind a computer screen.

You also can't seem to reconcile sarcasm.

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
So, you are butthurt?

Life coach 101- be a shitty human being and worry about your prejudices over saving a human life.

:lmaoI hardly think that you're worth saving. You're an admitted criminal. Possible sex offender and completely avoided addressing the pedophilia connotations. You ducked and dodge all the tough questions. You obviously have something big to hide all while professing your internet tough guy schtick. Perhaps as a diversion.

I honestly think outside of this forum you've engaged in some serious criminal activity. You reek of empowerment and control issues. Probably why you're a prison guard. You want to be able to bully people around and its much easier to do in a setting like that rather than stalking innocent children on a playground.

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
It appears you don't. Just because you don't physically enter spurstalk as a person doesn't give you a free pass to act like a fucking moron.

I don't like you. Haven't from the very beginning. And you've only shown everyone here what an enormous piece of shit you can be all because you have the ability to cower behind a computer screen.

why you think you gotta regulate shit all the time? this panty party you and the bitches have every afternoon is fucking tiresome yo.

silverblk mystix
07-17-2012, 04:21 PM
It appears you don't. Just because you don't physically enter spurstalk as a person doesn't give you a free pass to act like a fucking moron.

R-E-V-E-R-S-E M-E-L-T-D-O-W-N !!!!!!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

silverblk mystix
07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
I hardly think that you're worth saving. You're an admitted criminal. Possible sex offender and completely avoided addressing the pedophilia connotations. You ducked and dodge all the tough questions. You obviously have something big to hide all while professing your internet tough guy schtick. Perhaps as a diversion.

I honestly think outside of this forum you've engaged in some serious criminal activity. You reek of empowerment and control issues. Probably why you're a prison guard. You want to be able to bully people around and its much easier to do in a setting like that rather than stalking innocent children on a playground.

So you decided to help me afterall?

yay!!!!

This could save a lot of pain that won't have to be directed to your poor kids or husband.

You won't regret it.

Hey by the way, you seem to really be interested in criminals...ya want me to hook you up?

You're welcome.

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 04:27 PM
why you think you gotta regulate shit all the time? this panty party you and the bitches have every afternoon is fucking tiresome yo.You guys can dish it out but can't take it. Its simple. You guys have crapped all over this place despite the fact that people have objected to your bullshit. You all have just carried on because you think you're above it. Now that I've called you guys out on it and dished back the same annoying and persistent attitude...you've all had enough. Hilarious...each one of you losers has asked me to stop bothering you or to lay off. In just a few short weeks I've given you all a taste of what you've dropped on this forum for months and all of a sudden its a big deal....and you want me to stop.

What a joke. One minute its a free-for-all for you guys at everyone's expense and its all good because you guys are the ones getting over and now you're times up and OMFG B2B please leave me alone on the internet :rolleyes.

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 04:28 PM
So you decided to help me afterall?

yay!!!!

This could save a lot of pain that won't have to be directed to your poor kids or husband.

You won't regret it.

Hey by the way, you seem to really be interested in criminals...ya want me to hook you up?

You're welcome.

:lmaoI don't see a denial in there.

silverblk mystix
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't see a denial in there.

It is a cry for help, are you up to the challenge?

Oh, by the way, triggered excellence has been posting about you being too much of a pussy to respond to his direct insults of you.

Why are you afraid to respond?

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
It is a cry for help, are you up to the challenge?

Oh, by the way, triggered excellence has been posting about you being too much of a pussy to respond to his direct insults of you.

Why are you afraid to respond?Unlike you losers I don't sit around on this board all day long reading every post.

Avante
07-17-2012, 04:34 PM

Trust me on this little fella nobody here wishs we weren't hiding behind computers more than myself.

In case you haven't noticed nobody likes you and if there is a fucking moron here it's you. The post of the day? Telling others what they need tobe doing and not doing, are you for fucking real? You are stupid enought to think anyone gives a shit about what you tell them? You really are that fucking stupid aren't you asshole?

silverblk mystix
07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Unlike you losers I don't sit around on this board all day long reading every post.

There is no denial there. Fine. It is decided that you are a pussy indeed.

Thanks.:lmao

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
You guys can dish it out but can't take it. Its simple. You guys have crapped all over this place despite the fact that people have objected to your bullshit. You all have just carried on because you think you're above it. Now that I've called you guys out on it and dished back the same annoying and persistent attitude...you've all had enough. Hilarious...each one of you losers has asked me to stop bothering you or to lay off. In just a few short weeks I've given you all a taste of what you've dropped on this forum for months and all of a sudden its a big deal....and you want me to stop.

What a joke. One minute its a free-for-all for you guys at everyone's expense and its all good because you guys are the ones getting over and now you're times up and OMFG B2B please leave me alone on the internet :rolleyes.

you overestimate your impact. I'm just tired of reading you, sbm, and Avante go back and forth. although I'm pretty sure it involves only 2 real people (maybe 1).

BacktoBasics
07-17-2012, 04:36 PM
you overestimate your impact. I'm just tired of reading you, sbm, and Avante go back and forth. although I'm pretty sure it involves only 2 real people (maybe 1).Actually I haven't. You'll be thinking differently in about 3 months.

silverblk mystix
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Actually I haven't. You'll be thinking differently in about 3 months.

Great.

I was almost ready to leave this place for good as it was getting tedious...but now you are here and the fun is only beginning!!!!

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Actually I haven't. You'll be thinking differently in about 3 months.

then what? you turn into a giant poopy bird and give us AIDS through our computers?

Avante
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Let me guess the little shit will award...THE POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

silverblk mystix
07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
then what? you turn into a giant poopy bird and give us AIDS through our computers?

where you been at cantthinkof shitanymore

other than playing house with maalox

mouse
07-24-2012, 01:56 AM
in reverse order....

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/333-5.jpg

mouse
07-24-2012, 02:11 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/GI-Joe.jpg

spursfan1000
07-24-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm only 17 so i really don't have much

But i'd say my electronics

40 inch toshiba flat screen 500$ spent a whole check on it
Ps3-
My galaxy phone, another thing i spent a whole check on

Avante
07-24-2012, 02:47 AM
While not one of my 10 prized possessions, a cool find.

Back in the day Long Beach State had a running back named Terry Metcalf, he was one of those do it all types, he ran back kicks, could catch the ball, obviously run. He was very elusive. He played for the then St.Louis Cardinals in the NFL. One of my favorite players. He would turn out to be the father of Eric Metcalf the best long jumper to ever play in the NFL, a 27-8 guy. Terry himself was a 25-11 guy. So the next time somebody asks you what father and son combo were the best.........

While I did have a couple of Terry's football cards I didn't have his rookie card until a few days ago, found one at a yard sale in mint condition, got it for a buck.

FMddevnDyb0 (http://FMddevnDyb0)

Eric Metcalf

1ojNUQae8uA (http://1ojNUQae8uA)

DMC
07-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Jesus, you have no fucking life.

Avante
07-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Jesus, you have no fucking life.

Whatever it is it isn't following others around whining like a little bitch. Are you really as fucked up as you appear here?

Sportcamper
07-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I am guessing that Avante is a nice old man about 65 to 75 years old... Anyone that was around to watch “Our Miss Brooks” has to be that old…Right now he is sitting in his living room with a giant glass of Scotch...Because it has to be 5 PM somewhere...:lol

TE
07-24-2012, 09:00 AM
I am guessing that Avante is a nice old man about 65 to 75 years old... Anyone that was around to watch “Our Miss Brooks” has to be that old…Right now he is sitting in his living room with a giant glass of Scotch...Because it has to be 5 PM somewhere...:lol

Avante is a former womanizer of Jamaican descent.

He's a cool cat in my book, despite his somewhat pompous character on this forum of being a know-it-all.

Avante
07-24-2012, 09:07 AM

Actually, I just turned 63:hat Don't look a day over 62.

I retired last year, the wife still works. I'm set for life pretty much, which is how I planned it. Now it's all those books, all that music a few friends and my amigo...Avante.

Avante
07-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Avante is a former womanizer of Jamaican descent.

He's a cool cat in my book, despite his somewhat pompous character on this forum of being a know-it-all.

I spent 10 years roaming the streets but that was long ago. I'm a black cat in a white mans body.

It's not that I know it all. it's that I only talk about things I know.

Sportcamper
07-24-2012, 09:10 AM
The old guy from Doc Hollywood...This has to be him...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/Barnard_hughes_doc_1975.JPG/220px-Barnard_hughes_doc_1975.JPG

Avante
07-24-2012, 09:13 AM
http://silentladies.com/Chaney/images/Chaney118.jpg (http://silentladies.com/Chaney/pages/Chaney119.html)

My senior year of high school.

TE
07-24-2012, 09:16 AM
http://silentladies.com/Chaney/images/Chaney118.jpg (http://silentladies.com/Chaney/pages/Chaney119.html)

My senior year of high school.

He doesn't look Jamaican. Nice try old man. :lol

btw, what's up with your track and field obsession? Was it a more revered competition back in the day?

Avante
07-24-2012, 09:26 AM
He doesn't look Jamaican. Nice try old man. :lol

btw, what's up with your track and field obsession? Was it a more revered competition back in the day?

I was a sprinter/running back so I've always had this thing about speed. Growing up I kept up on the sprinters/running backs, with guys like Bullet Bob Hayes and Jimmy Brown I was lucky, as we know both are still considered the best ever still today. I am this historian I talk about, books, mags, notebooks and now the internet. Very few things are cooler in my book than the 4x1 relay, 100m, 200m, 400m, 4x4.

The anchor leg, stunning.

rhPKBnbWsR4 (http://rhPKBnbWsR4)

The real fun I have is how people have some need to.."you Goggled that"...hahahaha!!!!!!! When in reality no I didn't.

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 09:42 AM
I am this historian I talk about, books, mags, notebooks and now the internet. .

I talk about a lot of things too......still doesn't make me a historian.

Avante
07-24-2012, 09:50 AM
I talk about a lot of things too......still doesn't make me a historian.

What does this mean to you?

uQY5fVwNU14 (http://uQY5fVwNU14)

Just some hillbillie singing a silly song, right?

So tell me the story behind this guy. You have no clue.

Sam Phillips who owned Sun Records in Memphis was looking for a white guy who sounded black, this guy was one of those he thought just might....nope! He did however finally find his man....Elvis!

Why fight it so damn hard guy? I'm this old dude with a few pet interests, why is that so damn hard to believe? Wanna talk the origins of NCAA/NFL, track & field, blues, jazz, rock & roll, sci fi, rasslin?

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 09:52 AM
What does this mean to you?

uQY5fVwNU14 (http://uQY5fVwNU14)

Just some hillbillie singing a silly song, right?

So tell me the story behind this guy. You have no clue.

Sam Phillips who owned Sun Records in Memphis was looking for a white guy who could sounded black, this guy was one of those he thought just might....nope! He did however finally find his man....Elvis!

Why fight so damn hard guy? I'm old dude with a few pet interests, why is that so damn hard to believe? Wanna talk the origins of NCAA/NFL, track & field, blues, jazz, rock & roll, sci fi, rasslin?

It looks like a link that you set up wrong.

And I don't care about your interests, your back story, or really anything about you. I just don't like that you claim to be a historian when in fact, you're a guy with hobbies.

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 09:52 AM
If it bothers you that I keep bringing it up, feel free to ignore me.

Avante
07-24-2012, 09:57 AM
It looks like a link that you set up wrong.

And I don't care about your interests, your back story, or really anything about you. I just don't like that you claim to be a historian when in fact, you're a guy with hobbies.

Can't be cool can you? Did you really think I was going to leave it that way?:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

I'll go slow...

You start a flag football team in 2010. You will know that teams history, because you were there on day one.

Well I can do that for those topics I mentioned above. I know all there is to know about it. The first this, the first that, all of it. I know the complete.....history....involved. Dude:rolleyes

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Can't be cool can you? Did you really think I was going to leave it that way?:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

I'll go slow...

You start a flag football team in 2010. You will know that teams history, because you were there on day one.

Well I can do that for those topics I mentioned above. I know all there is to know about it. The first this, the first that, all of it. I know the complete.....history....involved. Dude:rolleyes

Cool....do you think you could link me to your published reports?

TE
07-24-2012, 10:06 AM
I can't imagine a 62 year old recently retired old man typing in that rolling eyes emoticon.

There is something just wrong about that image.

Avante
07-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Cool....do you think you could link me to your published reports?

I play the harmonica, so unless I cut a record I don't/can't?

I love to dance and can but unless I'm a pro I can't dance?

I'm not out to write a book about the history of anything, so that has to mean I don't know the history? That make sense to to, me either.

The first blues record belonged to Mamie Smith in 1920. I can take you from there all the way up to right now, talking them blues. But I don't know the history because I haven't wrote a book? Want me break it down by region....

Mississippi Delta
Memphis
Georgia
Alabama
Texas
Piedmont
St.Louis

Dude, you really don't have a clue do you?

Avante
07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
I can't imagine a 62 year old recently retired old man typing in that rolling eyes emoticon.

There is something just wrong about that image.

In case you haven't noticed I'm not your basic old man, hahahaha!!!!!

silverblk mystix
07-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Avante, keep doing your thing- fuck the naysayers.

TE
07-24-2012, 10:19 AM
In case you haven't noticed I'm not your basic old man, hahahaha!!!!!

:lol

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I play the harmonica, so unless I cut a record I don't/can't?
You can play it all you want, it just means you aren't a professional at it, which you've never claimed to be.
I love to dance and can but unless I'm a pro I can't dance? No, you can, go right ahead....but you're not a professional at it, which you've never claimed to be.

I'm not out to write a book about the history of anything, so that has to mean I don't know the history? Ahhhh, here's the problem see, before you were claiming to be a historian, and now suddenly it just means you "know the history". There is a difference between the two and you seem to now recognize that and are changing your story.
That make sense to to, me either. Hmmmmm, not sure what to say to this.

The first blues record belonged to Mamie Smith in 1920. I can take you from there all the way up to right now, talking them blues. But I don't know the history because I haven't wrote a book? Again, you're changing the definition of what you are.
Want me break it down by region....

Mississippi Delta
Memphis
Georgia
Alabama
Texas
Piedmont
St.Louis Yeah, I don't care.

Dude, you really don't have a clue do you? TBH, I'm admittedly a little confused now because you are moving the goal posts.

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM

Go Team!:cheer

Avante
07-24-2012, 10:23 AM

I plan on it:toast

Funny how...

me...I'm this old frail dude with skinny little legs, a neck like a stack of dimes, a pot belly and stink.

everyone....yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then....

me...I'm only into a few things, football/track/music, an historian actually.

everyone...bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

Anything negative gets a ...sure!!!!!!!!! Anything positive...bullshit!

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 10:25 AM
me... an historian actually.

Except you're not.

Avante
07-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Except you're not.

Whatever man. If knowing about the origins of things isn't an historian, :rolleyes

The Oakland Raiders came into existence in 1960, I know everything there is to know about them. Would I be an Oakland Raider historian?

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Whatever man. If knowing about the origins of things isn't an historian, :rolleyes

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 10:33 AM
I play the harmonica

you play the skin flute

Avante
07-24-2012, 10:34 AM
you play the skin flute

You still popping zits?

Grow up, please.

silverblk mystix
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Avante, you know what's funny?

This johnsmith faggot has probably never been out in the world without the protection and umbrella of parents and/or school.

Yet he is trying to act like he knows something about the world.

Does it make any difference to anyone whether the title historian meets anyone's criteria?
Nope.

But it fuckin' kills them to read that. No real reason why-it just seems to get their panties twisted.

Avante
07-24-2012, 10:38 AM

Just as I suspected you don't know what an historian is.

paste..

his·to·ri·an

   /hɪˈstɔriən, -ˈstoʊr-/ [/URL]Show Spelled[hi-stawr-ee-uhn, -stohr-] [URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html"] (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html)Show IPA
noun 1. an expert in history; authority on history.

2. a writer of history; chronicler.

I'm number 1.

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm number 1.

you smell like number 2

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Just as I suspected you don't know what an historian is.

paste..

his·to·ri·an

? ?/h??st?ri?n, -?sto?r-/ [/URL]Show Spelled[hi-stawr-ee-uhn, -stohr-] [URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html"] (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html)Show IPA
noun 1. an expert in history; authority on history.

2. a writer of history; chronicler.

I'm number 1.

No, the writers of the books you've read on these subjects are number 1, they are the "authority" on the subject.....you are just a guy with a hobby.

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM

This johnsmith faggot has probably never been out in the world without the protection and umbrella of parents and/or school.

Does it make any difference to anyone whether the title historian meets anyone's criteria?
Nope.

But it fuckin' kills them to read that. No real reason why-it just seems to get their panties twisted.

Good lord your insults are tired and old. At least avante sticks with his guns and posts the same way no matter what. You're just terrible at this.

silverblk mystix
07-24-2012, 10:58 AM
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

johnsmith
07-24-2012, 11:01 AM
That'll show me.

Avante
07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
No, the writers of the books you've read on these subjects are number 1, they are the "authority" on the subject.....you are just a guy with a hobby.

So if I wasn't born in 1936 and actually saw Jesse Owens run to write about him then I could never be an historian? Guys who have researched the Cival War but weren't born until 1960 could never be an historian? Unless you write a book about something you could never be an historian?

How about this, I know all there is to know about them prewar blues, who recorded, when they recorded, but I could never be a prewar blues historian despite the fact I know all there is about it.

Dude:rolleyes

mouse
07-24-2012, 09:44 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/my-dad.jpg

Avante
07-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Nope.

I hear ya bro, and it's always the same guys. Those who never do anything on their own, you ever notice that? They just follow us around giving out advice being critics while doing....0/zero/nothing. Weird!

This johnsmith freak is just another leg humper, if we didn't post he'd have nothing.

cantthinkofanything
07-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I play the harmonica

you play the skin flute

I'm number 1.

you smell like number 2

Avante
07-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Little man, elevate your game, ok? The...see me, I funny...bit, totally sucks. Have some substance, ok? Talk to me like you would If I were right there with you. This clown in hiding thing you play....:rolleyes

http://silentladies.com/Chaney/images/Chaney072.jpg (http://silentladies.com/Chaney/pages/Chaney073.html)

Avante
07-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Question

I was an Olympic sprinter/ baseball player. Who am I?

Things an historian can do.:king

Who can forget Cab Calloway and the amazing Nicholas Brothers in the classic Stormy Weather? Also in the flick was tap dance great Bill Robinson who once held a slew iof running backward WR's.

zBb9hTyLjfM (http://zBb9hTyLjfM)

Great being an historian:hat

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Question

I was an Olympic sprinter/ baseball player. Who am I?

Things an historian can do.:king

Willie Trousersnake?

Avante
07-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Willie Trousersnake?

Would you believe Willie Thrower was the first Afro Ameican to start an NFL game at QB?

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Would you believe Willie Thrower was the first Afro Ameican to start an NFL game at QB?

That's a great name for a quarterback!!!!

Avante
07-25-2012, 09:51 AM
That's a great name for a quarterback!!!!

Perfect name for a QB.

paste....

Willie Lawrence Thrower (March 22, 1930 – February 20, 2002) was a American football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football) quarterback. Born near Pittsburgh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh) in New Kensington, Pennsylvania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Kensington,_Pennsylvania), Thrower was known as "Mitts" for his large hands and arm strength compared to his 5'11 frame. He was known to toss a football 60 yards. Thrower was a part of the 1952 Michigan State Spartans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_Michigan_State_Spartans_football_team) who won the national championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Di vision_I_FBS), He became the first African American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American) to appear at the quarterback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterback) position in the National Football League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League) (NFL), playing for the Chicago Bears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bears) in 1953. Thrower would often joke that even his neighbors did not believe this claim, as his accomplishment was not as well-publicized as Jackie Robinson's breaking of the baseball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball) color barrier in 1947.
After brief stints in Canadian football leagues, Thrower worked as a social worker in New York, where he lived with his wife Mary and their three sons. He later relocated to New Kensington, where he lived the remainder of his life as a tavern owner. In 2002, at the age of 71, he died of heart failure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Historians have fun:hat

johnsmith
07-25-2012, 09:55 AM
How you got this:

So if I wasn't born in 1936 and actually saw Jesse Owens run to write about him then I could never be an historian? Guys who have researched the Cival War but weren't born until 1960 could never be an historian? Unless you write a book about something you could never be an historian?

How about this, I know all there is to know about them prewar blues, who recorded, when they recorded, but I could never be a prewar blues historian despite the fact I know all there is about it.

Dude:rolleyes

Out of this:

Is a complete mystery to me. The same way the touch and feel of a woman must be a mystery to you.

Avante
07-25-2012, 10:05 AM
How you got this:

Out of this:

Is a complete mystery to me. The same way the touch and feel of a woman must be a mystery to you.

Then you wonder why I treat you like a dummy. The touch and feel of a woman? Been married for 30 years Sluggo, have 4 children I know about.

I'm into the origins/history of things that interest me. I have to know all about it. I can't just like them blues and listen I have to know everything about it, yep, the histories of the artists, recording dates, the who, what, where and when. I need it all. By knowing all there is to know starting at the roots, yep...historian.

johnsmith
07-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Then you wonder why I treat you like a dummy. The touch and feel of a woman? Been married for 30 years Sluggo, have 4 children I know about.

Since you've proven to be a liar on this site, and from the sound of it, many other sites, I'm going to assume you are lying here too.

I'll leave you alone little buckaroo, just keep posting shit that no one gives a fuck about and enjoy.

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 10:13 AM
This is a dumb argument! Let's talk about top 10 possessions!

One of my favorites is a pedal car that my grandfather made for me!

Avante
07-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Since you've proven to be a liar on this site, and from the sound of it, many other sites, I'm going to assume you are lying here too.

I'll leave you alone little buckaroo, just keep posting shit that no one gives a fuck about and enjoy.

Whatever I do sure beats the hell out off following others around just to bug them while doing absolutely nothing else but that. Do you ever have a thought all your own? Where's your creativity? Dude, you are a boring know nothing. Thrilled to see your retarded ass ..FINALLY...crawled off my leg. An idiot trying to play critic...sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
This is a dumb argument! Let's talk about top 10 possessions!

Very cool, but will it fit in a suitcase? Remember the rules:nope

Don't ya hate fucking rules?

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Very cool, but will it fit in a suitcase? Remember the rules:nope

Don't ya hate fucking rules?

ah...I didn't go back to the OP so I forgot the rules. Ok, sticking with my granddad, I have a Hamilton railroad watch that he used to carry. He used to work on the Rock Island RR Still works. Has a small pencil lead and holder attached to it by a chain.

Avante
07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
The first roll & roll record.

Gbfnh1oVTk0 (http://Gbfnh1oVTk0)

Love being an historian:lobt2:

Sportcamper
07-25-2012, 10:35 AM

Metal or wood? Pedal cars are cool...

Avante
07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
ah...I didn't go back to the OP so I forgot the rules. Ok, sticking with my granddad, I have a Hamilton railroad watch that he used to carry. He used to work on the Rock Island RR Still works. Has a small pencil lead and holder attached to it by a chain.

Very very cool, there's a prized possesion.

lCiJ4QQG9WQ (http://lCiJ4QQG9WQ)

cantthinkofanything
07-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Metal or wood? Pedal cars are cool...

It's wood. He also built a front bench seat facing forward so you could carry someone else. Loved that thing. Been in storage for several years. I regret not getting it out for my daughter to ride when she was the right size.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2012, 11:22 AM

:clap:clap:clap

johnsmith
07-25-2012, 11:32 AM
:clap:clap:clap

You on the other hand deserve to be called out for doing exactly what it is that you complain others are doing, and especially for being terribly "not funny".

Your schtick is awful and you are awful at this internet thing.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2012, 12:24 PM
You on the other hand deserve to be called out for doing exactly what it is that you complain others are doing, and especially for being terribly "not funny".

Your schtick is awful and you are awful at this internet thing.

Thank you for your assessment. It probably means just the opposite and I appreciate the concern.

The fact that you are an absolutely worthless poster, worthless human being and just a plain zero in everything you have ever accomplished in your worthless life- just gives me a warm feeling all over.
It just encourages me to continue doing exactly as I have been doing.

Now, go back to fucking yourself exactly as you have been doing all your worthless life.

In case you didn't get the gist of what I have been saying- here it is;

You are goddamn worthless.

johnsmith
07-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Thank you for your assessment. It probably means just the opposite and I appreciate the concern.:lol Opposite day
The fact that you are an absolutely worthless poster :lol crusade against e-bullies,
worthless human being :lol security guard.
and just a plain zero in everything you have ever accomplished in your worthless life :lol 2 year e-grudge-
just gives me a warm feeling all over.:lol threads about other posters
It just encourages me to continue doing exactly as I have been doing.:lol hypocrite
Now, go back to fucking yourself exactly as you have been doing all your worthless life.:lol not making sense

You are goddamn worthless:lol Projecting.

Avante
07-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Thank you for your assessment. It probably means just the opposite and I appreciate the concern.

The fact that you are an absolutely worthless poster, worthless human being and just a plain zero in everything you have ever accomplished in your worthless life- just gives me a warm feeling all over.
It just encourages me to continue doing exactly as I have been doing.

Now, go back to fucking yourself exactly as you have been doing all your worthless life.

You are goddamn worthless.

This guy is the worse leech here, a totally waste of everyones time. Yep, a zero....good one bro, you nailed it! Now watch as The Leech King continues to follow us around whimpering around like the worthless little bitch he is. Zero is totally owned by you and me as we will see real soon.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2012, 02:51 PM
This guy is the worse leech here, a totally waste of everyones time. Yep, a zero....good one bro, you nailed it! Now watch as The Leech King continues to follow us around whimpering around like the worthless little bitch he is.

He finally stopped humping your leg (according to her) then she decided to hump mine...

Pretty sad, these kids get abandoned at home in front of the tv/computer because their parents don't give a shit about them...then they turn into little faggot robots starving for attention...

pathetic...I kinda feel bad for the little shit.

Avante
07-25-2012, 03:08 PM

He finally stopped humping your leg (according to her) then she decided to hump mine...

Pretty sad, these kids get abandoned at home in front of the tv/computer because their parents don't give a shit about them...then they turn into little faggot robots starving for attention...

pathetic...I kinda feel bad for the little shit.

Like I mentioned before it's always the same guy only the names change. A poster not overly bright, never does anything on their own, do nothing but hump legs and moan/groan while doing it. Talk about a sad little shit, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
07-26-2012, 12:56 PM
I have this gut feeling that Yohan Blake is going to win the Olympic 100m. He is still hungry while Bolt has satisfied his hunger.

My introduction to Yohan Blake.

Long Beach Poly had a great 4x4 team that year. They were anchored by Bryshon Nellum (current Olympian) who was one of the top 400 guys in the country. So when some..?...Jamaican kid gains on him...

TzwPLQt6urE (http://TzwPLQt6urE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnMr-IW_iw