PDA

View Full Version : Burn baby burn...

Wild Cobra
07-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Harry's at it again, and has a bi-partisan following:

Senator Says Burn China-Made Olympic Uniforms (http://news.discovery.com/adventure/olympic-uniforms-burned-120713.html)

Yonivore
07-13-2012, 11:48 PM
U.S. OLYMPIC UNIFORMS: MADE IN CHINA BY DEMOCRATIC DONOR’S COMPANY (http://freebeacon.com/u-s-olympic-uniforms-made-in-china-by-democratic-donors-company/)

Ooops!

ElNono
07-14-2012, 12:06 AM
The US Olympic Committee is a private entity... why do you guys hate the free market?

Blake
07-14-2012, 12:09 AM
So the lawmakers that are griping own nothing made in China?

Yonivore
07-14-2012, 12:10 AM
The US Olympic Committee is a private entity... why do you guys hate the free market?
I actually don't care from where the uniforms came. I just thought it was sweet irony Harry Reid is apoplectic over something one of Obama's contributors is responsible.

Funny shit, if you ask me.

Yonivore
07-14-2012, 12:10 AM
So the lawmakers that are griping own nothing made in China?
China owns the lawmakers...they are Chinese made. Maybe this is some kind of self-loathing or something.

ElNono
07-14-2012, 12:13 AM
At least somebody is happy...

But free market advocates, such as the Cato Institute, say none of this is surprising.

Globalization means manufacturing companies will be drawn to countries where the costs are lowest, according to Daniel J. Ikenson of the Cato Institute.

"When companies are able to outsource, they are able to produce most competitively. They're able to attend to their costs. And if they can do that, then they can deliver better quality, greater variety at lower prices for U.S. consumers," Ikenson said.

Yonivore
07-14-2012, 12:15 AM
The thing to do would be to make the United States a place attractive to producers, again.

Vote Romney!

ElNono
07-14-2012, 12:19 AM
The thing to do would be to make the United States a place attractive to producers, again.

Vote Romney!

I wouldn't doubt for a minute he turns this country into the shithole China is... working for 10 cents an hour isn't really appealing...

Not that Barry is any better... but China is definitely not the model to follow...

Th'Pusher
07-14-2012, 12:23 AM

Vote Romney!

Didn't we go through this same thing when Roots, the Canadian company, manufatured the uniforms?

And LOL at the US ever being able to compete with developing countries on production costs. If it's not China, it's vietnam or wherever labor is cheapest. We're never going to be price competitive when it comes to producing clothing.

Wild Cobra
07-14-2012, 04:50 AM
I personally don't like the idea that these are made in China, but that isn't my complaint. My complaint is that these asses are making a big thing out of an international event that will have international sources for products.

mouse
07-14-2012, 09:48 AM
WC is underrated.

Clipper Nation
07-14-2012, 09:54 AM

Vote Romney!

So the man who pissed off even Democrats with his tax hikes and left behind a huge deficit when he was governor of Massachusetts would make America attractive to producers again? Come on man... :lmao

Yonivore
07-14-2012, 10:02 AM
So the man who pissed off even Democrats with his tax hikes and left behind a huge deficit when he was governor of Massachusetts would make America attractive to producers again? Come on man... :lmao
Yep.

ElNono
07-14-2012, 10:10 AM
I personally don't like the idea that these are made in China, but that isn't my complaint. My complaint is that these asses are making a big thing out of an international event that will have international sources for products.

So you're saying these 'asses' are making a big thing out of something you don't personally think it's a good idea to begin with... doesn't that make you an ass too? :lol

Wild Cobra
07-14-2012, 01:54 PM
So you're saying these 'asses' are making a big thing out of something you don't personally think it's a good idea to begin with... doesn't that make you an ass too? :lol
No...

I don't like the idea that so many products are made in China. I don't like the trade deficit. That doesn't mean I agree with any sentiment of knocking the other guy down because of our mistakes. That's how people like you think. Not me.

CavsSuperFan
07-14-2012, 02:27 PM
It is my understanding that the entertainment industry offered to make new uniforms for free & was turned down…:smokin

IATSE OFFERS TO PROVIDE U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM UNIFORMS

New York, July 13 – On the heels of the outrage expressed by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and other members of Congress, that the uniforms to be worn by the U.S. Olympic team were made in China rather than the United States, the IATSE has stepped up to help our athletes proudly wear garments made in the U.S.A.

IATSE International President Matthew D. Loeb offered the services of the IATSE’s 44 chartered theatrical wardrobe unions in the U.S. who are ready, willing and able to assist in the production of the uniforms.

President Loeb stated, “Our people design and build costumes for all sorts of events and entertainment and have done so since 1893.” With the Olympics opening day ceremonies scheduled just two weeks away in London, President Loeb added, “Members of the IATSE create all types of clothing under the tightest of schedules and we welcome the opportunity to be engaged by the U.S. Olympic Committee to help produce these uniforms with skilled American workers. We are extremely proud of our U.S. Olympic team as they represent us in the London games, but we want them also to be proud to wear uniforms that were made by workers in their own homeland.”

ElNono
07-14-2012, 05:11 PM
No...

I don't like the idea that so many products are made in China. I don't like the trade deficit. That doesn't mean I agree with any sentiment of knocking the other guy down because of our mistakes. That's how people like you think. Not me.

What mistake did we do? Being successful? :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
07-14-2012, 05:19 PM

This shit always cracks me up from the trade consortiums. Who gets the bigger piece of that margin...

FuzzyLumpkins
07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
No...

Just curious do you support the Keystone Pipeline?

Wild Cobra
07-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Just curious do you support the Keystone Pipeline?
You really don't know? As much as you have stalked me in these forums, you don't know?

mouse
07-16-2012, 11:45 PM
I wonder what else is made in China that is used by American Olympians