PDA

View Full Version : Darko Milcic unrestricted free agent

mike20spurs
07-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Darko Milcic has cleared waivers and is now an unrestricted free agent...

Wild Cobra Kai
07-14-2012, 04:25 PM
lol, no one bidding on him for even the minimum.

szkorhetz
07-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Time is now, RC, do it.

Russ
07-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Time is now, RC, do it.

:flag:

Darkwaters
07-14-2012, 04:54 PM
I'd take Darko. He'd be a great backup Center.

smaka
07-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Let's get Daaaarko!

manustarting2gd
07-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Rasho 2.0 might be what we need. I can't believe I'm typing this.

ace3g
07-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Frontrunners for free agent center Darko Milicic are Boston, Brooklyn and LA Clippers, league source tells Y! Sports.

sexinthatsx
07-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Darko might be the defensive center presence we need. Get it done RC!

boutons_deux
07-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Tim, Tiago, Darko,

Darko doesn't have to score, just Rasho-it with team defense, rebounding, screening out defenders to open for our drivers, maybe some garbage put backs.

Hoops Czar
07-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Spurs are already out of the running if Boston and Brooklyn are in on the chase.

szkorhetz
07-14-2012, 05:12 PM

Frontrunners for free agent center Darko Milicic are Boston, Brooklyn and LA Clippers, league source tells Y! Sports.

Fuck this shit. We will miss the opportunity to get him.

Duncan2177
07-14-2012, 05:22 PM
WTF is up with the spurs FO :bang

Buddy Holly
07-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I hate Spurs fans some times. Well, certain Spurs fans.

dbestpro
07-14-2012, 05:56 PM
FO thinks Ajinca is gonna be the surprise of summer camp.

Richie
07-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Gotta put a bid in at the minimum, providing we aren't at the apron already.

Diaw, Darko, Timmy, Tiago. Thats a half decent front court

Clipper Nation
07-14-2012, 06:01 PM

We staaaaaaaaacked, sons!

lakerhaterade
07-14-2012, 06:11 PM
I hate Spurs fans some times. Well, certain Spurs fans.

Oh please. Sure its a pipe dream but it's not like we are aiming for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum. Spur fans are mad cause they want a player like Millic to replace Bonner or Blair.

therealtruth
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM
It's amazing how picky the Spurs are about picking up bigs yet continue to tolerate Bonner/Blair. Meanwhile other teams have no problems picking up serviceable bigs. Diaw is the only quality big pick up since '07. Dice was too old.

Hoops Czar
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM
FO thinks Ajinca is gonna be the surprise of summer camp.

Always with the cheap imitations, avoid the real thing.

Buddy Holly
07-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Oh please. Sure its a pipe dream but it's not like we are aiming for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum. Spur fans are mad cause they want a player like Millic to replace Bonner or Blair.

Pipe dream? Darko is a pipe dream? Is he even a dream?

Spurs fans who think the FO isn't doing anything because we're not front runners for Darko (or any player) are the type of Spurs fans I hate.

lakerhaterade
07-14-2012, 06:21 PM

Spurs fans who think the FO isn't doing anything because we're not front runners for Darko are the type of Spurs fans I hate.

The FO could certainly do more than what they have, Spur fans bickering about that have a point...especially with the shortcomings and limitations of Blair and Bonner.

Russ
07-14-2012, 06:25 PM

On the other hand, hold out a little hope because . . .

Every day it's a gettin closer, goin faster than a rollercoaster . . .

Mel_13
07-14-2012, 06:26 PM
WTF is up with the spurs FO :bang

It's amazing how picky the Spurs are about picking up bigs yet continue to tolerate Bonner/Blair. Meanwhile other teams have no problems picking up serviceable bigs. Diaw is the only quality big pick up since '07. Dice was too old.

:lmao:lmao

Budkin
07-14-2012, 06:35 PM
All this is pointless... we've got Bonner!!!

lakerhaterade
07-14-2012, 06:47 PM
All this is pointless... we've got Bonner!!!

It's also pointless when the FO shows no indication of getting rid of Matt.

I'd rather be hung by my balls then see another season of relying on Matt to produce.

Mel_13
07-14-2012, 06:50 PM

I'd rather be hung by my balls then see another season of relying on Matt to produce.

That's gonna hurt...

lakerhaterade
07-14-2012, 06:51 PM
That's gonna hurt...

:lol

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2012, 06:58 PM
That the Spurs aren't front runners for Darko doesn't mean they didn't talk to him or try to get him. It's possible that the Spurs aren't front runners because they didn't try to acquire Darko. It's also possible that they inquired and were told that Darko wasn't interested.

Assuming they didn't even try seems to be a rampant default in these forums recently. Not trying and not succeeding are two very different things.

Mel_13
07-14-2012, 07:02 PM
That the Spurs aren't front runners for Darko doesn't mean they didn't talk to him or try to get him. It's possible that the Spurs aren't front runners because they didn't try to acquire Darko. It's also possible that they inquired and were told that Darko wasn't interested.

Assuming they didn't even try seems to be a rampant default in these forums recently. Not trying and not succeeding are two very different things.

Too bad the offending parties can't understand the distinctions you described.

SenorSpur
07-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Can't say I disagree.

Mel_13
07-14-2012, 07:03 PM
See what I mean.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-14-2012, 07:04 PM

Cutting Bonner accomplishes nothing. They can't replace the salary, having only minimum exceptions to offer, which is exactly where we are with Bonner on the roster.

ElNono
07-14-2012, 07:08 PM

Spurs' secrecy when it comes to player movement certainly feeds the beast...

Bruno
07-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Spurs need a PF, not a center. Milicic would be Spurs third center and he is overqualified for that kind of role.

maverick1948
07-14-2012, 07:44 PM

More like a nightmare

[QUOTE=lakerhaterade;6026125]It's also pointless when the FO shows no indication of getting rid of Matt.

That's gonna hurt...

I got some rope and good solid oak tree if you need them. :rollin

Spurs need a PF, not a center. Milicic would be Spurs third center and he is overqualified for that kind of role.

Darko worked good with ZRan, why cant he work with Timmy, Boris and Tiago. Not saying I would really want Darko but he is still young, 27 for entire 2012-13, and has 8 years experience. Timmy is standing away from the basket more. Darko could be the rebounder that is missing. I think we can work him in if it becomes the only alternative available. :toast

Obstructed_View
07-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Does Darko talk to the Slovenians? Beno and Rasho might not have nice things to say about Pop.

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2012, 09:02 PM

I agree with this. I'm shocked that the Free Tiago crowd doesn't also agree with this. Regardless, I tend to think that the Spurs didn't approach Darko for this reason and that they're looking to find power forward types through whatever means might be available. And I also tend to think that before making decisions on guys who aren't likely to be swept off the market in the next week or so, they're patiently waiting to see what happens with the amnesty market to see if they can manage to grab a higher quality player at a value first.

Acting slowly doesn't necessarily mean that nothing will happen.

ploto
07-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Does Darko talk to the Slovenians? Beno and Rasho might not have nice things to say about Pop.

Rasho has lots of great things to say about Pop.

dunkman
07-14-2012, 10:09 PM

Tbh, I would like the Spurs to add as much talent as they can. It would open the possibility for an blockbuster mid-season trade.

therealtruth
07-14-2012, 10:46 PM

He would be the Spurs only true center. Splitter and TD are really PF/C.

dd99
07-15-2012, 06:07 PM
He would be the Spurs only true center. Splitter and TD are really PF/C.

this.

With scola gone, now I really want Spurs to push to sign Darko.

What can Spurs offer?

Mel_13
07-15-2012, 06:09 PM
What can Spurs offer?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201213