PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix wins Scola

freetiago
07-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

The NBA's 30 teams have just been notified that Phoenix has won waiver auction for Luis Scola

:depressed

DesignatedT
07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201130&page=15

slick'81
07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Poolboy5623
07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
He'll most likely fall off the face of the earth with the dying team known as the Phoenix suns.. I mean seriously, who do they have left?

GB20
07-15-2012, 04:36 PM
He'll most likely fall off the face of the earth with the dying team known as the Phoenix suns.. I mean seriously, who do they have left?

He went from bad to worst. somewhere he is crying right now.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Gortat, Dragic, Beasley, Marshall, Morris, & most likely O.J. Mayo.

LakerHater
07-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Manu Ginobili‏@manuginobili

Scola has been picked up by the Suns ~ El Luifa se nos va a Phoenix! Será un Sun x las próx 3 temporadas.

angelbelow
07-15-2012, 04:51 PM
What use could Phx possibly have for Scola... what a terrible franchise with no real direction.

freetiago
07-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Phoenix is trying to one up Houston on how to build the ultimate treadmill team
maybe they can have the best record in the lottery 3 years straight now

CubanMustGo
07-15-2012, 04:53 PM
What use could Phx possibly have for Scola... what a terrible franchise with no real direction.

Trade chip next season, perhaps? What a waste ...

Budkin
07-15-2012, 05:00 PM
At least the Mavs didn't get him.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Trade chip next season, perhaps? What a waste ...
That or they are trying everything they can to keep their fans happy after trading Nash to a team rival for a few late draft picks.

Stump
07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Look, somebody was going to bid for Scola. Having him go to a non-contender is the best situation for us.

watertorture
07-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Childress was amnestied to make room?
I used to like him -- how 'bout Childress?

ducks
07-15-2012, 05:20 PM
maybe suns will over pay for manu now

ducks
07-15-2012, 05:20 PM
suns management is stupid

timvp
07-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Meh, too bad. Good luck to Scola. Perhaps he can help the Suns get the best record in the league out of the teams that miss the playoffs. He's pretty good at that, tbh.

As for Childress, Pass with a capital P. Ever since he went to Greece, he has been horrible. It's like he caught the monster over there or something.

ElNono
07-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Perhaps he can help the Suns get the best record in the league out of the teams that miss the playoffs. He's pretty good at that, tbh.

:lol you sound pretty bitter... I thought you were rolling out the praying dog if he cleared wavers :rolleyes

Nathan89
07-15-2012, 05:40 PM

Short-term move to make the team as good as possible tbh. The Pf spot was open. I predicted a bid from the Suns on Brand in another thread but I guess they wanted Scola. I don't think Suns will be as bad as some on here think.

Mel_13
07-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Short-term move to make the team as good as possible tbh. The Pf spot was open. I predicted a bid from the Suns on Brand in another thread but I guess they wanted Scola. I don't think Suns will be as bad as some on here think.

Frye
Beasley
Morris

timvp
07-15-2012, 05:43 PM
:lol you sound pretty bitter... I thought you were rolling out the praying dog if he cleared wavers :rolleyes

It was a shot at the Suns, not Scola. It's just a coincidence that Scola is actually good at finishing with a good record and missing the playoffs.

Tbh.

Nathan89
07-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Frye
Beasley
Morris

Scola is an improvement. Beasley can play at the Sf/Pf position.

angelbelow
07-15-2012, 05:47 PM

That's not my point. The problem with the Suns has always been a lack of direction.

They traded Nash and got 4 draft picks. They signed Dragic and Beasley to jump start their youth movement and rebuilding process. They tried to get Gordon for that very purpose but missed out on him. Now they get a guy like Scola when they have young players like Morris and Lopez.

Nathan89
07-15-2012, 05:51 PM
That's not my point. The problem with the Suns has always been a lack of direction.

They traded Nash and got 4 draft picks. They signed Dragic and Beasley to jump start their youth movement and rebuilding process. They tried to get Gordon for that very purpose but missed out on him. Now they get a guy like Scola when they have young players like Morris and Lopez.

Scola probably doesn't take them out of the running financially for a big FA in the future. Not every team wants to tank to get good.

Mel_13
07-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Scola is an improvement. Beasley can play at the Sf/Pf position.

So, PF wasn't open.

GB20
07-15-2012, 05:56 PM

that is a good trade in my opinion. you have to remember that nash is 38 years old.

angelbelow
07-15-2012, 05:59 PM
that is a good trade in my opinion. you have to remember that nash is 38 years old.

I'm not saying that it was bad, I thought it was a fine trade as well. My point is that acquiring those draft picks push them in a rebuilding direction. Scola doesn't help them rebuild, he takes up salary and displaces minutes for their younger talent.

Andthentherewas21
07-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Scola probably doesn't take them out of the running financially for a big FA in the future. Not every team wants to tank to get good.

No team wants to tank to get good, the reason they do it is because it is one of the few ways (unless you've got a shitty FO) to get better especially at a low financial risk.

There are very few Eric Gordon's out there or else Nash would have gotten some help these past few seasons and would have been able to stay in PHX to compete.

GB20
07-15-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not saying that it was bad, I thought it was a fine trade as well. My point is that acquiring those draft picks push them in a rebuilding direction. Scola doesn't help them rebuild, he takes up salary and displaces minutes for their younger talent.

maybe they want to use scola for a trade in the future.

angelbelow
07-15-2012, 06:13 PM
maybe they want to use scola for a trade in the future.

Fair enough, but what kind of value do you expect for them to get in return.

1. They can trade him to a contender for an expiring but then again, they could have saved the 3 million altogether.
2. 1st round pick? Unlikely that a 33 year old Scola gets you a lottery pick. Better off playing normally and getting a 6th-10 range pick. Again, no need for Scola here.

ElNono
07-15-2012, 06:18 PM
It was a shot at the Suns, not Scola. It's just a coincidence that Scola is actually good at finishing with a good record and missing the playoffs.

Tbh.

tbh, Scola is a good 2nd tier big... nothing more... he was a good complement to Yao when the Rockets were still playoff bound...

Not sure where he fits in Phoenix, seeing Gortat is pretty much on the same boat...

benefactor
07-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh well...Turiaf it is.

GB20
07-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Fair enough, but what kind of value do you expect for them to get in return.

1. They can trade him to a contender for an expiring but then again, they could have saved the 3 million altogether.
2. 1st round pick? Unlikely that a 33 year old Scola gets you a lottery pick. Better off playing normally and getting a 6th-10 range pick. Again, no need for Scola here.

you should be happy that scola went to Phoenix because dallas was one of the teams bidding for him.

Nathan89
07-15-2012, 06:54 PM
No team wants to tank to get good, the reason they do it is because it is one of the few ways (unless you've got a shitty FO) to get better especially at a low financial risk.

There are very few Eric Gordon's out there or else Nash would have gotten some help these past few seasons and would have been able to stay in PHX to compete.

cough...Bobcats...cough

racm
07-15-2012, 07:03 PM
cough...Bobcats...cough

Or OKC pre-Harden. :downspin:

angelbelow
07-15-2012, 07:24 PM
you should be happy that scola went to Phoenix because dallas was one of the teams bidding for him.

I'm fine with the Suns declaring mediocrity, I also would have been fine with Dallas getting Scola because that hurts their 2013 game plan. I'm bummed about not having an opportunity to sign Scola though.