PDA

View Full Version : Wolves Offer RFA Batum 4/$46

FuzzyLumpkins
07-16-2012, 12:04 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8168970/minnesota-timberwolves-submit-46m-offer-sheet-nicolas-batum

Venti Quattro
07-16-2012, 12:05 AM
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNN :lol :lol :lol

pass1st
07-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Khan is such a bad GM

lakerhaterade
07-16-2012, 12:14 AM
:lmao $46 million

MattBonnerExperience
07-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Nicholas Batum? Right?

Latarian Milton
07-16-2012, 12:27 AM
FA's are generally getting overpaid this summer for some odd reason. IIRC spurs were very close to getting this nigga from the draft but they got gazumped by them blazers who had a higher pick

blazers are definitely matching the offer from wolves imho, even the NO spirit matched the offer for gordon

Kai
07-16-2012, 12:29 AM
wtf

tlongII
07-16-2012, 12:38 AM
He'll be overpaid but we'll match.

mavs>spurs
07-16-2012, 12:59 AM
He's realistically worth about 6-8 mil, that's way too much

pass1st
07-16-2012, 01:07 AM
He'll be overpaid but we'll match.

Why, so he will get hurt again?:lol

Kai
07-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Hate this shit. Young, good players that are fun to watch and have on your team turn into albatrosses in a year or two that are ultimately viewed as just shit contracts.

TE
07-16-2012, 01:21 AM
He's not worth that much.

ElNono
07-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Does he has to live up to that contract too?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-16-2012, 02:43 AM
In fairness, I imagine Minnesota has to overpay like a mofo to get anyone want to play there. The NBA schedule includes the fall and winter and it's Minnesota. Add in the team being terrible for decades at this point and their prospects have to be bleak.

mavs>spurs
07-16-2012, 02:50 AM
honestly if i'm a young player, i'm looking at minnesota being the more desireable destination than a lot of places at this point. they weren't bad last year before rubio went down and Love missed some games IIRC, I think they were like a 7th/8th seed before that and they're young. better than signing with a perennial loser like phoenix, golden state, or sacramento with no shot at ever winning any games. minnesota is a solid addition or two away from being okay.

racm
07-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Batum/Roy/Budinger would be huge upgrades at the wing, tbh...

Still can't believe the Spurs got Green for a fraction of the price.

Bynum's grey hair
07-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Batum/Roy/Budinger would be huge upgrades at the wing, tbh...

Still can't believe the Spurs got Green for a fraction of the price.

You could see why in the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-16-2012, 11:41 AM
honestly if i'm a young player, i'm looking at minnesota being the more desireable destination than a lot of places at this point. they weren't bad last year before rubio went down and Love missed some games IIRC, I think they were like a 7th/8th seed before that and they're young. better than signing with a perennial loser like phoenix, golden state, or sacramento with no shot at ever winning any games. minnesota is a solid addition or two away from being okay.
:lol the T-Pups haven't made the playoffs since 2004 and the last time they had 30+ wins was 2007. They were like 20-20 when Rubio went down

Additionally, they're still a jumbled up mess of young players at every position. So in addition to a team that's played like shit for years, there's no guarantee of consistent playing time or consistent touches. Kevin Love has also just made it clear he's not happy in Minnesota. All of that added onto the fact it's got the shittiest climate of any NBA city :lol

Before you say, "You're just butthurt I said they're better than the Suns!" I understand they have more talent than the Suns, but the Suns also have a warm climate, massive amounts of playing time available at multiple positions, and have been a lot less of a perennial loser than the Timberwolves recently.

m>s
07-16-2012, 06:40 PM
:lol the T-Pups haven't made the playoffs since 2004 and the last time they had 30+ wins was 2007. They were like 20-20 when Rubio went down

Additionally, they're still a jumbled up mess of young players at every position. So in addition to a team that's played like shit for years, there's no guarantee of consistent playing time or consistent touches. Kevin Love has also just made it clear he's not happy in Minnesota. All of that added onto the fact it's got the shittiest climate of any NBA city :lol

Before you say, "You're just butthurt I said they're better than the Suns!" I understand they have more talent than the Suns, but the Suns also have a warm climate, massive amounts of playing time available at multiple positions, and have been a lot less of a perennial loser than the Timberwolves recently.

suns' mediocre years haven't begun yet, nash was the guy who kept the shit afloat and you thought he was a cancer, you'll have no excuses for you team sucking major asses now that he's gone.

the suns MIGHT still be a bit better than wolves at this point of time, however it'd still be quite a surprise if the suns somehow made the playoffs next season. minny at least have a franchise player in the form of love, while phoenix have none, nor a coach like adelman or larry brown who's capable of managing the exult with basically role players

while the wolves are tied with the bottom-tiers in the west, the suns ain't far above imho

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 06:46 PM
If Love is truly an impact player, Wolves should be a playoff team. With Rubio healthy and Batum added (possibly) they should be well balanced. Wing play is what really hurt them and Batum (even if overpaid) could go a long way to improving that.

SenorSpur
07-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Hate this shit. Young, good players that are fun to watch and have on your team turn into albatrosses in a year or two that are ultimately viewed as just shit contracts.

Agree.

The economic winds of change are a blowing in the NBA. New penalties are coming. Some teams, who previously spent like drunken sailors (Mavs, Fakers and Knicks) are already getting the message. Others have not.

Between Paul Allen, David Kahn and Daryl Morey, they're shooting holes in the NBA's economic stratosphere. They'll regret these bloated contracts that they're throwing around inside of one season. No matter how much cap space they may have now, these teams will be in luxury tax hell very soon down the road.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 08:48 PM
LOLWUT? The Lakers and Knicks still spend like drunken sailors, B... :lol