PDA

View Full Version : James Worthy: "Bynum just as good as Dwight"

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 12:21 PM
“I like Andrew Bynum,” Worthy said recently at an appearance at Bell Gardens Intermediate School, sponsored by After School All-Stars Los Angeles and Metro PCS. “He’s young and just as good as Dwight right now. He’s getting better. Dwight … to me, he’s too much gab and too much talking. I’m old school. I want to see something done on the floor.

He does all this media stuff, flip-flopping. You don’t get respect from veteran players when you do that kind of stuff. They just want you to play. They want to see what you can do out there.”
Howard is 26; Bynum is 24. Howard boasted superior numbers over Bynum last season in points (20.6 to 18.7) and rebounds (14.5 to 11.8). But those numbers spark further debate. Would Howard score less with Bynum’s supporting cast on the Lakers? Would Bynum score more with Howard’s dominant role in Orlando?

There are other unanswered questions.
Would Howard’s surgically repaired back prove problematic, or would he return to his usually reliable health? Would Bynum’s wobbly knees suffer yet another setback, or is avoiding a major injury last season a sign of things to come? Would Howard sign an extension with the Lakers when he’s indicated he doesn’t want to play in L.A.? Would Bynum’s unpredictable effort and immature behavior continue?
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/16/lakers-great-james-worthy-andrew-bynum-just-as-good-as-dwight-howard/

smaka
07-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Both of them are bunch of stupid guys with no brain.

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Both of them are bunch of stupid guys with no brain.

Dwight's legitimately stupid. Bynum just doesn't give a fuck.

lefty
07-16-2012, 12:25 PM
TBH, if Drew had Dwight's work ethic, he would be the number 1 center in this league

Venti Quattro
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I thinK I'd rather have a headcase like Bynum rather than a diva like Dwight.

pass1st
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
If Bynum matured + stayed healthy, he'd shit on Dwight for years to come

druggas
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
They're very close now, but Bynum can get better. Dwight is maxed out on his ability, and he's shorter.

BUMP
07-16-2012, 12:41 PM
They're very close now, but Bynum can get better. Dwight is maxed out on his ability, and he's shorter.

:lol except Howard would never get cuckolded by C:lolllis:lmaon in the post

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Bynum is not as good as Dwight. Dwight took Hedo and Nelson to the finals. Bynum flamed out with Pau/Kobe/Artest.

lefty
07-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Bynum is not as good as Dwight. Dwight took Hedo and Nelson to the finals. Bynum flamed out with Pau/Kobe/Artest.
Before shitting the bed vs Bynum

ANd Hedo and Alston took Dwight to the Finals

namlook
07-16-2012, 01:07 PM
The difference is athleticism. That's what sets Dwight apart. If Bynum had Dwight's athleticism he'd shit all over him because he's far more skilled.

Dex
07-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Dwight is the better leaper, which gets him more dunks and blocks (which has earned him those DPOY). He's also probably a better defender just because he actually seems to give a fuck when he's on the court.

Bynum has the better post game, and is better at delivering cheap shots and storming off the court with his shirt off.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
The difference is athleticism. That's what sets Dwight apart. If Bynum had Dwight's athleticism he'd shit all over him because he's far more skilled.
:lol no shit. He's also 2 inches taller than Dwight and probably 20-30 pounds heavier.

If Bynum at his current size had the same athleticism as Dwight, he'd be the biggest freak the NBA has seen since prime Shaq and would shit all over basically anyone he's matched up against. He's never going to have that athleticism it's a meaningless hypothetical.

DPG21920
07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Dwight Howard is most definitely, without a doubt a better and more versatile defender. Bynum may be close on the block, but every other aspect including the ability to switch onto smaller guys in a PnR situation, Dwight is better.

Dwight is not some smooth customer on offense, but he's far from the "only can dunk" picture some try to paint too.

namlook
07-16-2012, 01:24 PM
:lol no shit. He's also 2 inches taller than Dwight and probably 20-30 pounds heavier.

If Bynum at his current size had the same athleticism as Dwight, he'd be the biggest freak the NBA has seen since prime Shaq and would shit all over basically anyone he's matched up against. He's never going to have that athleticism it's a meaningless hypothetical.

It's not just his size, but his skill level. Bynum has post moves Dwight can only dream about.

HeatChamps
07-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Dwight is way more athletic. Not even close. Bynum slows down the offense.

mavs>spurs
07-16-2012, 02:31 PM

so basically he had a couple of boneheads and a guy who for whatever reason his best days are behind him. sometimes it's not about the names or the talent, but the system. i could also argue that the system in Orlando was tailor made for a guy like him. he was free the dominate down low with 4 excellent three point shooters to kick it out to. that team shot a blazing 38% from 3 that year. meanwhile at the other end of the spectrum, bynum had to deal with kobe's insane usage rate and overall ineffectiveness while stealing shots away from him. the comparison you made isn't a very fair one at all imo. bynum is younger, bigger, pwns dwight head to head, more polished post moves and footwork, and isn't lacking behind in shot blocking and rebounding when healthy as we saw last season. the only question is his knees, but outside of that bynum has way more upside.

lakerhaterade
07-16-2012, 02:35 PM
You can decipher between the retarded laker fans and levelheaded laker fans because the retarded ones grasp at every possible attribute that would portray Bynum as better, but it's still D12>Bynum, collectively.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 02:55 PM
From what I can tell, Lakerfans' opinion on who's better flip-flops depending on whether or not there's a rumor of the Lakers getting Dwight that day tbh....

Kai
07-16-2012, 03:24 PM
From what I can tell, Lakerfans' opinion on who's better flip-flops depending on whether or not there's a rumor of the Lakers getting Dwight that day tbh....

:lol sad part is that's typically true for any team's fans.

Indazone
07-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Best off-season ever! :lol

Teams trolling other teams. Drama queens coming out all over the place. Butt hurt fans! Doesn't get any better than this.

djohn2oo8
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Best off-season ever! :lol

Teams trolling other teams. Drama queens coming out all over the place. Butt hurt fans! Doesn't get any better than this.

^ Butthurt Scola fan :rollin

LkrFan
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM
TBH, if Drew had Dwight's work ethic, he would be the number 1 center in this league

Show me credible evidence that Dwight has a good work ethic. I bet you can't. Andrew does. Here's his personal trainer (who also trains Manny Pacman) talking bout it:

thdwJKICw2Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bynum will never have Dwight's motor, but the work ethic is there. Two devastating knee injuries lead to surgery and a ton of rehab. Look at him now. He's an all star only scratching the surface of his massive potential. He'll take the next step in his development this year.

LkrFan
07-16-2012, 04:41 PM

...when KG wasn't healthy.

I bet the argument on who's the best center ends this year. Dwight is as good as he'll ever be. Bynum is still improving and won't hit his prime for 2 more years. :toast

pass1st
07-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Show me credible evidence that Dwight has a good work ethic. I bet you can't. Andrew does. Here's his personal trainer (who also trains Manny Pacman) talking bout it:

thdwJKICw2Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bynum will never have Dwight's motor, but the work ethic is there. Two devastating knee injuries lead to surgery and a ton of rehab. Look at him now. He's an all star only scratching the surface of his massive potential. He'll take the next step in his development this year.

Naw, Dwight is like the strongest guy in the NBA and never got hurt before last season. That's a sign of good work ethic, he just spends too much time on his body rather than his game. Although his body kind of is his game since he's a monkeyballer.

Koolaid_Man
07-16-2012, 04:55 PM

Hey Clippa Nation. I'm here...your pappy Kool is here...I think Dwight is better....I don't really like either of them. Drew has reached his potential as well. He won't get any better because he doesn't think he needs too. When he told Laker Brass that he no longer wanted CAP to train and mentor him I knew then he was a head case. I don't like Dwight because he spurned us for Brooklyn..I'm still sour bout dat.

LkrFan
07-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Naw, Dwight is like the strongest guy in the NBA and never got hurt before last season. That's a sign of good work ethic, he just spends too much time on his body rather than his game. Although his body kind of is his game since he's a monkeyballer.

No, it means he never got hurt. Bynum transformed his body from a straight up porker:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRITYGKKe6fMMMvpadRSO-TJeQuLbJVTagoWGmU1kMR6iEpcV0

{insert bitch tit pic here} :lol

To:
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew_bynum_lakers_rihanna_2.jpg

And I bet if Kobe or Odom fell on his knee he would have been injured too.

callo1
07-16-2012, 05:17 PM
I agree with Worthy, especially now that Howard is coming off an injured back, in fact, I would take Bynum over Howard straight up tbh. The only thing holding Bynum back is his immature actions.

If Bynum didn't have "Black-hole Bryant" playing with him, his numbers would be comparable to Howards.

If the Lakers keep Bynum, you will see an increase in his numbers with Nash on the floor. Nash will also bring a template of professionalism which will really help Bynum.

If the Lakers use their money to improve their bench a bit more instead of chasing Howard, they will be right their in the mix for a ring next year. There is no way in hell Bosh can keep Bynum out of the paint, and with Nash there now, Bynum will become a "happy camper" literally...right under the basket.

Koolaid_Man
07-16-2012, 05:30 PM
I agree with Worthy, especially now that Howard is coming off an injured back, in fact, I would take Bynum over Howard straight up tbh. The only thing holding Bynum back is his immature actions.

If Bynum didn't have "Black-hole Bryant" playing with him, his numbers would be comparable to Howards.

If the Lakers keep Bynum, you will see an increase in his numbers with Nash on the floor. Nash will also bring a template of professionalism which will really help Bynum.

If the Lakers use their money to improve their bench a bit more instead of chasing Howard, they will be right their in the mix for a ring next year. There is no way in hell Bosh can keep Bynum out of the paint, and with Nash there now, Bynum will become a "happy camper" literally...right under the basket.

Both you and Worthy are wrong and you have no real basis for belief...fact is Bynum cannot score unless his feet are set which puts him at a decided disadvantage everytime he touches the ball...he always has to bounce it first he can't just play above the rim on an alley...big difference between he and Howard

DeadlyDynasty
07-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Both you and Worthy are wrong and you have no real basis for belief...fact is Bynum cannot score unless his feet are set which puts him at a decided disadvantage everytime he touches the ball...he always has to bounce it first he can't just play above the rim on an alley...big difference between he and Howard

The need to dribble it every time he's in the post is infuriating. He has much better footwork and post moves than Howard, but it takes him a year and a half to get the shot off. He also still sucks passing the ball out of the double team.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 05:47 PM
People forget how all-around dominant Dwight really is, tbh.... Bynum can't touch Dwight's level unless he somehow gets a lot better at defense this long into his career....

callo1
07-16-2012, 05:51 PM

I hear you, but it isn't like Howard has a real post game either. Keep in mind that Bynum is two years younger and you are comparing a pre-injured Howard to Bynum...I'm telling you right now, Howard will never be the same player after that back sugery. Howard's game, which is built on his elevation will have to change, or he will miss an average of 15-20 games a year for the rest of his career just due to his back.

mavs>spurs
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I was lurking while logged out and saw my first kool post in weeks. Kool trying to talk basketball and sound smart, how cute. And of course he uses the genius argument that dwight>Bynum because he "plays above the rim." awwww that's so precious I guess according to kool tim duncan sucks :lol dumbass

DeadlyDynasty
07-16-2012, 05:58 PM
I was lurking while logged out and saw my first kool post in weeks. Kool trying to talk basketball and sound smart, how cute. And of course he uses the genius argument that dwight>Bynum because he "plays above the rim." awwww that's so precious I guess according to kool tim duncan sucks :lol dumbass

:lolHe probably copied it from somebody on LG again, but it's true. Bynum is his own worst enemy most of the time.

Here come Kobe jokes.

mavs>spurs
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
He might possibly be right (slightly) but it sure as hell isn't because :cry Bynum has to score with his feet set instead of catching oops with his feet off the ground like dwight :cry

Koolaid_Man
07-16-2012, 06:12 PM
:lolHe probably copied it from somebody on LG again, but it's true. Bynum is his own worst enemy most of the time.

Here come Kobe jokes.

Since Tyson is still acting like a soft cake and not speaking to me..tell him I said to please stop jocking me. :lol

mavs>spurs
07-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Awww it's chimpy!!!! I can't see what he's writing right now lol

m>s
07-16-2012, 07:03 PM
DH just an obscene attention whore, his athleticism is real and that's what makes him look good but bynum is hands down the better player overall. DH just shit on bigs who're shittier than him, when he's exposed to better ones (yao might not be as good as him but still made him suck ass everytime they played head to head) he's struggling to perform

Josepatches_
07-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Bynum could be better but Howard would fit better in LA

pass1st
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
No, it means he never got hurt. Bynum transformed his body from a straight up porker:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRITYGKKe6fMMMvpadRSO-TJeQuLbJVTagoWGmU1kMR6iEpcV0

{insert bitch tit pic here} :lol

To:
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew_bynum_lakers_rihanna_2.jpg

And I bet if Kobe or Odom fell on his knee he would have been injured too.

Bynum got work ethic, but so does Dwight. Players who aren't hurt often are usually working hard at preparing their body for NBA,