PDA

View Full Version : Knickfans petition to keep Lin

Bruce Wayne
07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Jeremy Lin is the best thing that has happened to New York Knicks basketball in the last 20 years. With Jeremy Lin as the team's leader, the team won. He averaged 18 points and 7 assists as a starter - All-Star level performance. He has the largest fan base of any player in the NBA, by an order of magnitude. He's got the personality and character that fans love. He's the one player the New York Knicks need to keep, not lose. Don't let Jeremy Lin go - match the Rockets' offer.

6,546 out of 10,000

http://www.change.org/petitions/new-york-knicks-management-keep-jeremy-lin-match-the-houston-rockets-offer

:rollin

Robz4000
07-16-2012, 03:14 PM
He has the largest fan base of any player in the NBA, by an order of magnitude.

Kobe and Lebron say hi

mavs>spurs
07-16-2012, 03:18 PM
i hear yao also has a pretty big fanbase, does that mean the rockets should also bring him back? stupid argument.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Lets look at the names of some people commenting on that site:

Michael Lee
Yang Yang
Eric Chen
Victor Hu

crofl racist slopes who will only watch basketball when they see their own kind playing

Clipper Nation
07-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Sooo pathetic :lmao

lefty
07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
http://abcpastor.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/51l7sqxmqel_ss500_.jpg

Reck
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Lets look at the names of some people commenting on that site:

Michael Lee
Yang Yang
Eric Chen
Victor Hu

:lmao:lmao

GB20
07-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Houston made a lot money with yao and they know that with getting Lin will be the same.

Kai
07-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Houston made a lot money with yao and they know that with getting Lin will be the same.

Going for that reverse Yao/T-Mac with the Asian guard and black center.

lefty
07-16-2012, 03:57 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/02/10/nyregion/LIN1/LIN1-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Indazone
07-16-2012, 03:59 PM
LOL Knicks lockeroom. :lol

J.R. Smith Thinks Knicks Players Would Be Mad If the Team Matched Lin
By Chris Yuscavage | Jul 16, 2012 | 10:27 am | Permalink

Some Knicks fans might be upset that the team isn't planning on bringing Jeremy Lin back next season by matching the offer that the Houston Rockets made to him recently. But, it doesn't sound like there's going to be any love lost between Lin and his soon-to-be former teammates if he ends up in Houston. We've already heard Carmelo Anthony call the contract that the Rockets gave Lin "ridiculous." And, now J.R. Smith is blasting the offer, too, and saying that if the Knicks did match the Rockets offer and re-sign Lin, it'd hurt some feelings in the Knicks locker room next season.

"I think some guys take it personal," Smith said yesterday, "because they've been doing it longer and haven't received any reward for it. I think it's a tough subject to touch on for a lot of guys."

So, from the sound of that quote, some Knicks players feel like Lin doesn't deserve the $30 million contract offer he just received from Houston because he hasn't really proven himself in the league yet. Which is fair. But, don't they realize how much money that guy is going to make for an NBA team regardless of whether or not he pans out as a player? Jersey sales. Ticket sales. Sponsorships. Despite what some players might think, that is the name of game. And, that's what Lin will provide for an NBA team for at least a season or two—even if he sucks on the court. It doesn't sound so "ridiculous" when you look at it like that, right?

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/0...ned-jeremy-lin

Indazone
07-16-2012, 04:01 PM
NEW YORK—Last night’s game between the Knicks and Hawks was delayed for several minutes while Knick guards J.R. Smith and Jeremy Lin engaged in a heated discussion on which of the two “was more Asian.”

The argument apparently started when Smith, who spent several months playing for the Zhejiang Golden Bulls of the Chinese Basketball Association, accused Lin, whose parents are Taiwanese, of not fully understanding Asian culture.

“I grew up in an Asian household!” shouted Lin at Smith. “I can speak Mandarin! I can even apply for a Chinese passport if I wanted!”

Despite Lin’s vocal defense of the authenticity of his heritage, a stubborn Smith refused to back down from his stance. “I figured you’d say that,” Smith said derisively. “If you wanted, you could speak for hours about the moon, but until you actually go there, you don’t fully understand what it’s like.”

Smith then raised his voice, “I’ve lived in China. I’ve been immersed in that culture. You’re just a spoiled California boy who went to Harvard. You got to get out of your bubble man. I know what it's like to be Asian,” shouted Smith as he pointed towards one his Chinese character tattoos.

“Do you even know what that means?” asked Lin about the tattoo.

“I’m not going to explain MY culture to you,” retorted Smith. “Why don’t you go eat some cheeseburgers and watch a Michael Bay movie you ignorant American.”

http://www.tauntr.com/content/jr-smi...who-more-asian

pass1st
07-16-2012, 04:22 PM
That shit sounds fake, but then JR smith is a moron

Kai
07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
If that convo did happen, it was done in jest.

m>s
07-16-2012, 06:48 PM
he's a prospect who may probably exceed jason kidd on the all-time triple double list by his 39th birthday (if he can play till that age :lol), but his TO also reaching double digit ain't no grace imho

Jt.ONE
07-16-2012, 09:15 PM
thinking a petition ever does anything. :lol

rayjayjohnson
07-16-2012, 09:51 PM
lol knickfans being retards

Kai
07-17-2012, 12:01 AM
tbh I signed.

Latarian Milton
07-17-2012, 04:52 AM
H needs this guy more than NY does and that's all. if the knicks really wants to keep his service in NY they could've offered him a contract before anyone, or simply matched houston's offer in a heartbeat. lin is a good player to have but something like 20m over 3 yrs would be too much of a gamble that NY doesn't wanna take.

leave him to H so they can maintain & enhance their chinks fanbase, and lin will enjoy his life in houston with tens of millions of retards licking his balls like they did yao

rayjayjohnson
07-17-2012, 05:02 AM
tbh I signed.

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2012, 05:37 AM
remember the games against the spurs where this turd stat pad his pts in blowout scrub minutes...lol gettin held by the spurs defense for 8pts for 3quarters

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2012, 05:37 AM
remember the games against the spurs where this turd stat pad his pts in blowout scrub minutes...lol gettin held by the spurs defense for 8pts for 3quarters

mudyez
07-17-2012, 07:03 AM
The problem with Lin is just that. he needs to get paid THAT MUCH, but he is only worth it besides the court but not on it (not saying he isn't a nice player).

That shouldn't be needed in NY but obvious it is.

jag
07-17-2012, 07:52 AM
LOL Knicks lockeroom. :lol

J.R. Smith Thinks Knicks Players Would Be Mad If the Team Matched Lin
By Chris Yuscavage | Jul 16, 2012 | 10:27 am | Permalink

Some Knicks fans might be upset that the team isn't planning on bringing Jeremy Lin back next season by matching the offer that the Houston Rockets made to him recently. But, it doesn't sound like there's going to be any love lost between Lin and his soon-to-be former teammates if he ends up in Houston. We've already heard Carmelo Anthony call the contract that the Rockets gave Lin "ridiculous." And, now J.R. Smith is blasting the offer, too, and saying that if the Knicks did match the Rockets offer and re-sign Lin, it'd hurt some feelings in the Knicks locker room next season.

"I think some guys take it personal," Smith said yesterday, "because they've been doing it longer and haven't received any reward for it. I think it's a tough subject to touch on for a lot of guys."
So, from the sound of that quote, some Knicks players feel like Lin doesn't deserve the $30 million contract offer he just received from Houston because he hasn't really proven himself in the league yet. Which is fair. But, don't they realize how much money that guy is going to make for an NBA team regardless of whether or not he pans out as a player? Jersey sales. Ticket sales. Sponsorships. Despite what some players might think, that is the name of game. And, that's what Lin will provide for an NBA team for at least a season or two—even if he sucks on the court. It doesn't sound so "ridiculous" when you look at it like that, right?

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/0...ned-jeremy-lin

If Lin were black, they'd be whooping and hollering and telling him to "get that money from the white man." "Get paid, nigga. Get paid."

But since he's an Asian kid, he's being greedy.