PDA

View Full Version : Duncan deserved the MVP

caspian
06-24-2005, 10:52 AM
I loved Manu long before he became 'Gi-no-bi-li', the media's darling of international basketball. And I agree with Duncan that we're just scratching the surface with our boy, Manu. I watch him like a hawk during games...he does everything and he is everywhere. He rarely disappoints me, and that's saying a lot. Manu is simply amazing.

On a great team like ours, everyone is valuable and everyone contributes preciously to the wins. Horry was critical, Bowen was critical, etc. The MVP is for the 'most' valuable. Without Duncan, the Pistons roll. Without Duncan, Ginobili doesn't get loose. Without Duncan, 4 Pistons aren't sagging and 3-pointers aren't open.

Even Kobe didn't get the MVP...and for good reason. A talented big man is more valuable (and more rare) than a talented guard. In fact, simply being big is half the talent...that's just the way this inherently height-sensitive game is. His trophy is fair and completely appropriate.

caspian
06-24-2005, 11:53 AM
If he blows up like we all think he can, the Spurs are in for some sweet times.

As if we aren't in sweet enough times now...yesterday was my birthday. Thank you Spurs! :)