07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Here we go.
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/225326737788108800

DesignatedT
07-17-2012, 10:53 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190683&page=17

ThaBigFundamental21
07-18-2012, 05:03 PM
He would be a good pickup imo. But does anyone have a realistic scenario in which the Spurs are able to obtain him??? Nope. Didn't think so.

Obstructed_View
07-18-2012, 05:11 PM
He would be a good pickup imo. But does anyone have a realistic scenario in which the Spurs are able to obtain him??? Nope. Didn't think so.

It's not unrealistic that nobody claims him, tbh.

Bruno
07-18-2012, 05:25 PM
We will know tomorrow at 5pm ET whether or not Blatche has been claimed from the amnesty waivers.

If no teams have claimed him, Pop should immediately call him. If Blatche is willing to do what it takes to be a true professional basketball player, then signing him is a no-brainer.

ace3g
07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Nothing on the twitter feeds about Blatche yet.

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Ya, strange, I have been searching all over for Blatche info, but nada. I just hope he was not claimed so the Spurs at least have a shot. I am skeptical he would choose to play with the Spurs even if a FA, but it has a lot of potential to help the Spurs.

ace3g
07-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Ya, strange, I have been searching all over for Blatche info, but nada. I just hope he was not claimed so the Spurs at least have a shot. I am skeptical he would choose to play with the Spurs even if a FA, but it has a lot of potential to help the Spurs.

Yeah usually around 4:05 - 4:10 p.m. CST someone would report something on the amnesty players.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-19-2012, 04:41 PM
yea im thinking a bid may have come in at the last minute & thats what the delay of news is.

TD 21
07-19-2012, 04:42 PM
We will know tomorrow at 5pm ET whether or not Blatche has been claimed from the amnesty waivers.

If no teams have claimed him, Pop should immediately call him. If Blatche is willing to do what it takes to be a true professional basketball player, then signing him is a no-brainer.

Yeah. And unlike a guy like Martin, given the fact that his reputation is at rock bottom, he probably wouldn't complain if he was the fifth big, which he more than likely would be next season.

They should do what the Thunder did with Thabeet: sign him for two guaranteed years. Barring injury, Thabeet won't be in the rotation next season. But the following one, when they're likely to dispose of Perkins so as to free up more cap space to re-sign Harden and Ibaka, is when he should have a shot at a more prominent role.

The same logic applies here. Blatche could come in next season, play the good soldier role, begin to repair his reputation, learn the system, get the occasional game to strut his stuff (like when they give Duncan games off) and wait his turn. Then, the following season, the possibility exists that he could become the starting PF. It's unlikely, as Diaw will probably be back, but if they like what they see from him, I don't think there's any question they'd trade or waive Bonner's partially guaranteed contract. And it's not it's out of the question that he could wrestle the starting position away from Diaw, either.

Nathan89
07-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Captain Blatche ego must be hurt after this.

ace3g
07-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Not sure, from Manchester, if this is out: Just heard Andray Blatche has cleared waivers after amnesty by Wiz. Unrestricted free agent now

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Yea buddy..

ace3g
07-19-2012, 04:45 PM
now next step, see which teams Woj and Spears say are interested

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-19-2012, 04:46 PM
oh. Glad i was wrong.

Bruno
07-19-2012, 04:46 PM
YES :tu

Blatche could be a great addition to Spurs, better than K Mart or Scola.

Nathan89
07-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Please, Spurs be interested. If I was his agent I would encourage him to sign with the Spurs for the betterment of himself and his career.

ace3g
I wasn't totally on board with signing him for the minimum with all his red flags but I think Timmy, SJAX, and Pop can keep him in check.

tesseractive
YES :tu

Blatche could be a great addition to Spurs, better than K Mart or Scola.

You realize, though, that Pop will never play someone that brain dead ahead of Bonner, right?

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 04:49 PM
I really hope the Spurs show interest and that Blatche chooses the Spurs too. This could be a huge lucky break for the Spurs (there is also a chance it's not a chance or if it does happen, he sucks), and is about as good as you could hope for tbh.

gambit1990
07-19-2012, 04:51 PM
wow. want; low risk, high reward.

how much can we realistically offer him?

Nathan89
07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Not sure many teams will be interested in this guy. Celtics and Spurs would be decent for both parties. Other that I can't think of a lot of teams that would show interest in a nutcase. All young teams should stay away.

tdunk21
07-19-2012, 04:58 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Not sure, from Manchester, if this is out: Just heard Andray Blatche has cleared waivers after amnesty by Wiz. Unrestricted free agent now

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Future headline: "Heat sign Blatche"

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Future headline: "Heat sign Blatche"

Celtics, tbh.

xmas1997
07-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Doubt the Spurs go after him, one nutcase, SJAX, is enough.

TD 21
07-19-2012, 05:01 PM
I really hope the Spurs show interest and that Blatche chooses the Spurs too. This could be a huge lucky break for the Spurs (there is also a chance it's not a chance or if it does happen, he sucks), and is about as good as you could hope for tbh.

It's just a hunch, but I don't think they will. The thing they have going for them is that young teams, with cap space, who need bigs, aren't going to want Blatche around their young players more than likely. Although, you never know, one of them might take the chance; maybe they just didn't want to give him the 3 guaranteed years required to claim him. But I doubt it.

So who does that leave that needs a PF? The Heat need help at C more so than PF, but on their team, he'd have to play C anyway. The Hawks had interest in Randolph, so maybe them. Maybe the Celtics or the Lakers, figuring their veterans can keep him in line.

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Celtics, tbh.

If that's true, Celtics have had one whale of an off-season on paper.

ThaBigFundamental21
07-19-2012, 05:05 PM
My next thought. Do the Spurs have the money to sign Blatche??? As for his behavior issues, if anyone can reach Blatche I would think it would be Pop. Obviously he has a lot of natural talent and athleticism. We know he suffers from immaturity and focus. Do the Spurs make the call?

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 05:09 PM
My next thought. Do the Spurs have the money to sign Blatche??? As for his behavior issues, if anyone can reach Blatche I would think it would be Pop. Obviously he has a lot of natural talent and athleticism. We know he suffers from immaturity and focus. Do the Spurs make the call?

It's doubtful that any team offers him more than the minimum, so it's more about find the right match for player and team.

Nathan89
07-19-2012, 05:20 PM
It's doubtful that any team offers him more than the minimum, so it's more about find the right match for player and team.

He'll still get the same amount though, right? More than the minimum just means the Wizards owe him less.

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 05:23 PM
He'll still get the same amount though, right? More than the minimum just means the Wizards owe him less.

He cleared so waivers so the Wizards are going to pay him every penny of his previous contract. He's a free agent now and any new contract he signs is over and above what he'll get from Washington.

slick'81
07-19-2012, 05:29 PM
blatche cleared fck id love him next to timmy 6'11 26 hell yes

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2746.png&w=350&h=254

Bruno
07-19-2012, 05:40 PM
He cleared so waivers so the Wizards are going to pay him every penny of his previous contract. He's a free agent now and any new contract he signs is over and above what he'll get from Washington.

That's not exactly true:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q64

This rule is a good news for Spurs. Blatche should be less interested in getting more than the minimum salary because he will only get half of the extra money.

Trill Clinton
07-19-2012, 05:45 PM
no thanks. he's uncoachable and a ball hog.

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 05:45 PM
That's not exactly true:

This rule is a good news for Spurs. Blatche should be less interested in getting more than the minimum salary because he will only get half of the extra money.

The rule only comes into effect if he signs for more than minimum. I'm assuming that's all he will get.

Nathan89
07-19-2012, 05:52 PM

He's been on a shitty team with no structure or leadership his entire career. I'd give him a chance.

Bruno
07-19-2012, 05:54 PM
The rule only comes into effect if he signs for more than minimum. I'm assuming that's all he will get.

The way I understand the rule is that it applies if he signs for more than the 1 year vet salary ($762,195). Blatche is a 7 years vet so his min salary would be $1,146,337. Wizards will be able to reduce what they owe him by half the difference ($192,071).

Pickle
07-19-2012, 05:54 PM

the only smart post in this entire thread. dude shot 38% from the field and he's a cancer. besides, his defense is worse than bonner's. he's a lazy, chucking fuck. check out his win shares and defensive stats.

Lincoln
07-19-2012, 05:55 PM
A PF who shoots 38% from the field and statistically plays worse defense than than Matt Bonner is going to save y'all :lol

ChumpDumper
07-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Mavfans concerned enough to run upstairs.

Might have to rethink this.

Lincoln
07-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Mavfans concerned enough to run upstairs.

Might have to rethink this.

Almost 70k shitty posts, congrats :lol

Nathan89
07-19-2012, 05:57 PM
That's not exactly true:

Thanks

ChumpDumper
07-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Mavfan trying to deflect with post count smack impotence.

Mind almost changed.

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 06:01 PM
The way I understand the rule is that it applies if he signs for more than the 1 year vet salary ($762,195). Blatche is a 7 years vet so his min salary would be $1,146,337. Wizards will be able to reduce what they owe him by half the difference ($192,071).

You're probably right, but it's extremely unlikely to have any effect on where Blatche signs.

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 06:01 PM
So Blatche doesn't lose any money though, he's getting his full contract + what ever new contract too (money paid can only go up for Blatche, not down). Him losing half of the money still results in an increase to him from my understanding, correct?

Beanzamillion21
07-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Come to SA big guy.

Trill Clinton
07-19-2012, 06:04 PM
He's been on a shitty team with no structure or leadership his entire career. I'd give him a chance.

naw sorry, he's nothing but trouble. dude got shot in a car jacking, our thug quota is already met with SJax.

we don't need this dude and his me-first mentality on the team. signing him would be as bad as the rodman signing.

Mel_13
07-19-2012, 06:04 PM
So Blatche doesn't lose any money though, he's getting his full contract + what ever new contract too (money paid can only go up for Blatche, not down). Him losing half of the money still results in an increase to him from my understanding, correct?

He'll get more than his original salary. The amount he will "lose" is an amount equal to one half of the difference between his new contract amount and the one year vet minimum salary.

Nathan89
07-19-2012, 06:13 PM
naw sorry, he's nothing but trouble. dude got shot in a car jacking, our thug quota is already met with SJax.

we don't need this dude and his me-first mentality on the team. signing him would be as bad as the rodman signing.

Sjax is a fine upstanding citizen on this team.

If he didn't have issues we wouldn't have a chance at getting him. Might as well take the gamble. If he fucks up send him packing.

Trill Clinton
07-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Sjax is a fine upstanding citizen on this team.

If he didn't have issues we wouldn't have a chance at getting him. Might as well take the gamble. If he fucks up send him packing.

no doubt about SJax, the brawl in the palace aside, dude is an asset to the team and truly understands what it takes to be a teamate. blatche doesn't. he's what, 25/26 and still hasn't figured it out. its noone's fault but his own.

can't keep making up excuses for guys like that. he doesn't fit in with the team, at all and the only thing he knows how to do is shoot. no thanks.

Andthentherewas21
07-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Its worth a shot, at this point the only way the Spurs can sign anyone is on a vet min contract anyways. Better it be someone like Blatche that isn't over 35 and is at a position of need. Worse case the Spurs take a gamble with minimum risk and it doesn't pay off.

As for him being a cancer in the locker-room. What impact could he really have in there? Does anyone really think that he is going to have any effect on the vets like Tim, Manu, Tony, Jax, Bonner, Diaw, ect? Leonard has already shown hes above that shit, in fact if Lebron had the work-ethic and focus Kawhi does, he would have had 3-4 rings by now without having to team up with Wade and Bosh. The kid is a beast and can guarantee that Blatche wouldn't be able to change that.

That leaves De Colo is going to follow Parker and Diaw. Then there is Blair who has shown himself to have his own problems without Blatche (Whataburger) and is gone after next season anyways. Splitter, who if he develops problems chances are its because of how Pop has treated/used him the past 2 seasons, and Neal who again pretty sure would be above that shit, but again given his defense chances are he isn't a Spurs after next season anyways. Besides if Blatche was fucking things up as far as chemistry, you sit him at the far end of the bench or just tell him to stop showing up until you can cut him.

Blatche is basically house money, same as Greg Oden, you take the gamble on vet minimums because if they don't work out then congratulations the Spurs are back to where they are right now. But if they do work out then you've got a chance to improve the Spurs with minimal risk.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Splitter, who if he develops problems chances are its because of how Pop has treated/used him the past 2 seasons:lol

DesignatedT
07-19-2012, 06:38 PM
:lol

xmas1997
07-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Blatche is basically house money, same as Greg Oden, you take the gamble on vet minimums because if they don't work out then congratulations the Spurs are back to where they are right now. But if they do work out then you've got a chance to improve the Spurs with minimal risk.

This makes too much sense for the Spurs to do it.:wow

tesseractive
07-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Its worth a shot, at this point the only way the Spurs can sign anyone is on a vet min contract anyways. Better it be someone like Blatche that isn't over 35 and is at a position of need. Worse case the Spurs take a gamble with minimum risk and it doesn't pay off.

As for him being a cancer in the locker-room. What impact could he really have in there? Does anyone really think that he is going to have any effect on the vets like Tim, Manu, Tony, Jax, Bonner, Diaw, ect? Leonard has already shown hes above that shit, in fact if Lebron had the work-ethic and focus Kawhi does, he would have had 3-4 rings by now without having to team up with Wade and Bosh. The kid is a beast and can guarantee that Blatche wouldn't be able to change that.

That leaves De Colo is going to follow Parker and Diaw. Then there is Blair who has shown himself to have his own problems without Blatche (Whataburger) and is gone after next season anyways. Splitter, who if he develops problems chances are its because of how Pop has treated/used him the past 2 seasons, and Neal who again pretty sure would be above that shit, but again given his defense chances are he isn't a Spurs after next season anyways. Besides if Blatche was fucking things up as far as chemistry, you sit him at the far end of the bench or just tell him to stop showing up until you can cut him.

It's not that he's going to poison other minds, it's that the Spurs don't like distractions or bad press. If they sign Blatche there's a pretty good risk that he shows up on the news for beating up a girlfriend or starting a fight in a strip club that led to a shooting, which is exactly the kind of bullshit the Spurs want nothing to do with. The Spurs want to be able to focus on their jobs, not on crap like that.

Vic Petro
07-19-2012, 06:48 PM

This is his fault?

DPG21920
07-19-2012, 06:49 PM
He was dealing drugs out of the car and rolling with 6 hookers ^

Duncan2177
07-19-2012, 06:49 PM
It's not that he's going to poison other minds, it's that the Spurs don't like distractions or bad press. If they sign Blatche there's a pretty good risk that he shows up on the news for beating up a girlfriend or starting a fight in a strip club that led to a shooting, which is exactly the kind of bullshit the Spurs want nothing to do with. The Spurs want to be able to focus on their jobs, not on crap like that.

The guy needs to grow up.

xmas1997
07-19-2012, 06:54 PM
He may just be scared shitless that his NBA career is over, if so, he might see his NBA revival via a team like the Spurs. One can only hope because a reformed Blatche would be an improvement for the Spurs, maybe the only one out there now or in the foreseeable future.

Andthentherewas21
07-19-2012, 07:01 PM

Normally I would agree with you if it wasn't for a certain french point guard that nearly lost his eye in a bar fight between two of the biggest pussy rappers of all time. Or got caught and subsequently divorced for sexting the wife of a former teammate. And then there was all that DUI stuff with R.C..

I like that the Spurs are a classy organization and want them to continue to be, but you don't pass-up a minimal risk/big reward opportunity at a position of need, just to save yourself a potential PR incident, especially given the past couple of years.

Moreover D.C. and SA are very different places, I'm not saying he would stop judging strip club contests just by being in SA, just saying they might be a little harder to find.

P.S. Plenty of people have been saying we need to go after Jordon Hill and hes been charged with felony assault for choking his girlfriend in Houston

racm
07-19-2012, 07:06 PM
The situation in SA is different from DC. Blatche was named opening day captain once, whereas in SA he'll be treated as the new guy. Jax was an old friend returning, Diaw's a buddy of Parker, and then everyone else has gotten the new guy treatment.

tesseractive
07-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Normally I would agree with you if it wasn't for a certain french point guard that nearly lost his eye in a bar fight between two of the biggest pussy rappers of all time. Or got caught and subsequently divorced for sexting the wife of a former teammate. And then there was all that DUI stuff with R.C..

And Tony and R.C. are integral parts of the team. I'm sure it pissed some people with the team off, but you work past some things with an All-Star that you don't want to put up with for a guy who got cut from a shitty lottery team.

Andthentherewas21
07-19-2012, 07:13 PM
And Tony and R.C. are integral parts of the team. I'm sure it pissed some people with the team off, but you work past some things with an All-Star that you don't want to put up with for a guy who got cut from a shitty lottery team.

Exactly, I'm not saying give the guy free reign to do what he wants. Try to get him with the vet min. and if he doesn't work out either on or off the court, you put him at the end of the bench or tell him not to show up until you cut him.

spurspokesman
07-19-2012, 07:31 PM
no doubt about SJax, the brawl in the palace aside, dude is an asset to the team and truly understands what it takes to be a teamate. blatche doesn't. he's what, 25/26 and still hasn't figured it out. its noone's fault but his own.

can't keep making up excuses for guys like that. he doesn't fit in with the team, at all and the only thing he knows how to do is shoot. no thanks.

Even after all that said I still take him over the ginger lol.

Vic Petro
07-19-2012, 07:42 PM
He's 26 and the alpha dog in the locker room basically his whole career was Gilbert Arenas. Even among big men he had that asshole Brendan Haywood to look up to. Clearly there are red flags with Blatche but in no way is he doomed to be a dick and/or selfish player his whole life. Some structure might help. If not, you're only out the minimum. It's a no brainer.

Redshadows
07-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Considering his coach was Flip Saunders and his teammate was Gilbert Arenas, I would like to see Spurs give him a shot.

TubThumper
07-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Mavfan trying to deflect with post count smack impotence.

Mind almost changed.

What if it was all the way changed?

Blackjack
07-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Doubt the Spurs go after him, one nutcase, SJAX, is enough.

Jack ain't no nutcase, he's a case of nuts.

Give me some Blatche.

Spursfanfromafar
07-20-2012, 12:48 AM
There is just no comparison between SJax and Blatche.. The former is a championship winner, someone who performs under pressure and an ultimate team-man who is however edgy and had some off-the-court issues.

The latter is an immature buffoon who has forever played in a losing franchise, been out of shape more than often, has been a selfish player, and a crass asshole off the court.

SJax is a winner with off court issues, Blatche is a loser with off court issues.

The only thing that Blatche has going for him is potential. If the Spurs think they need to take someone on the basis of it, they can take a chance. But I would pass.

gambit1990
07-20-2012, 01:03 AM
i'm surprised there's some people who wouldn't want to at least give him a shot.

it's not like we're talking a trade. and the contract probably wouldn't be expensive.

whoever here doesn't want blatche... if it were between him and blair/bonner, you would prefer the latter? why?

Andthentherewas21
07-20-2012, 01:41 AM
whoever here doesn't want blatche... if it were between him and blair/bonner, you would prefer the latter? why?

That's what I don't get. Its a no-lose situation. If he performs then you've improved the team, if he doesn't its a minimum contract that is probably going to be given to a D-league scrub who isn't going to play anyways.

If he plays too selfish or has off court problems and can't clean up his shit while hes with the Spurs then they can Odom his ass and tell him not to show up. But the alternative is you go with what you've got which, at this point, is regular season 3 point shooting PF that chokes like clockwork come April, and a "6'7" center with a history of weight issues, no ACLs, and who now has his own issues after getting benched for 2 straight postseasons. And while I like Diaw, the big FO plan this off-season is to make a guy who has always been passive and more of a facilitator on offense, more aggressive.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-20-2012, 07:28 AM
^^
Maybe the Spurs don't view it as an "IF" kind of situation. I'm sure they heavily profile the players they think they might want to bring in, and weed out those that are almost certain to fail in this system.

As for the comparisons to Jack, he can be a mess off the court, but the one thing he has always had was an abiding passion for the game. Blatche is just kind of a mess everywhere.

Another thought: no one claimed him. There was no unguaranteed portion of his contract to make up. A straight minimum salary claim puts you at the front of the line, and every team with remaining cap room passed.

Obstructed_View
07-20-2012, 09:32 AM
No brainer. The guy has talked like he wants to do well. As long as he doesn't hang out with Tony Parker's friends he should be okay.

ace3g
07-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Blatche’s agent, Andy Miller, said he doesn’t expect teams to make a serious push for his client’s services until the conclusion of summer league

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/andray-blatche-clears-waivers-becomes-a-free-agent/2012/07/20/gJQAKZASyW_blog.html

--

Probably will be the case concerning Spurs interest in most PF/C, we will have to wait till after SL.

Bruno
07-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Teams mighty wait too to see if players like Leuer or Gomes will clear waivers today.

Nathan89
07-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Ouch... that's a hit to the ego.

Agent- Well... Blatche, teams are going to wait till summer league is over to see if they want your services for the minimum.

Blatche- But...but... I was the team captain. The Summer league is full of scrubs...Oh!

gambit1990
07-20-2012, 09:04 PM
blatche has the potential to be the best big man duncan has played with since robinson.

Mel_13
07-20-2012, 09:07 PM
blatche has the potential to be the best big man duncan has played with since robinson.

That line should be retired from ST.

gambit1990
07-20-2012, 09:13 PM
it's too bad duncan hasn't had better help.

the rockets got the 18th pick for budinger... i think the spurs could've gotten the 14th and selected john henson. but i digress... what's done is done.

Mel_13
07-20-2012, 09:14 PM
it's too bad duncan hasn't had better help.

the rockets got the 18th pick for budinger... i think the spurs could've gotten the 14th and selected john henson. but i digress... what's done is done.

for what?

gambit1990
07-20-2012, 10:35 PM
preferably splitter (serviceable big) and blair (hustle player, small contract) or bonner (can spread the floor). i would've thrown in the 59th pick if need be.

idk... i just feel if budinger could fetch the 18th, maybe that combo could get us the 14th.

but it's all moot anyways.

Mel_13
07-20-2012, 10:44 PM
preferably splitter (serviceable big) and blair (hustle player, small contract) or bonner (can spread the floor). i would've thrown in the 59th pick if need be.

idk... i just feel if budinger could fetch the 18th, maybe that combo could get us the 14th.

but it's all moot anyways.

They already had Dalembert, Udoh, Ilyasova, and Sanders.

gambit1990
07-20-2012, 10:52 PM
truthfully, i hadn't looked into what positions they needed, or wanted. but even with them, they still selected another big man.

it's sucks, i've never liked the bucks, now i have to a little bit. i can't stand their jerseys/colors.

Mel_13
07-20-2012, 10:55 PM
truthfully, i hadn't looked into what positions they needed, or wanted. but even with them, they still selected another big man.

it's sucks, i've never liked the bucks, now i have to a little bit. i can't stand their jerseys/colors.

Right, they took a big man that they will control on a cheap rookie contract for the next 4 years.

gambit1990
07-20-2012, 11:05 PM
yeah, you're right. i guess i let being a fan get in the way of logic. i at least feel better about not having him.

DPG21920
07-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Spurs should not be waiting IMO....

Wild Cobra Kai
07-21-2012, 08:54 AM

Patience has almost always served them well.

Almost no one on this forum should ever play poker.

Beanzamillion21
07-21-2012, 09:58 PM

Too Christmas, tbh.

racm
07-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Patience has almost always served them well.

Almost no one on this forum should ever play poker.

Impatience results in flipping Lou Williams and Elton Brand into Nick Young and Kwame Brown. :downspin:

Too Christmas, tbh.

Christmas Deer as PtR puts it, IIRC.

widowmaker
07-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Blatche would be so money here, too bad its likely not gonna happen.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Blatche would be so money here, too bad its likely not gonna happen.

Blatche would fail here. At this point, he's a deer. He can run and jump, but he really isn't much of a basketball player.

slick'81
07-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Blatche would fail here. At this point, he's a deer. He can run and jump, but he really isn't much of a basketball player.

fck it ill take potential over bonner/blair fck it it realy cant get worse

widowmaker
07-21-2012, 11:46 PM

For real!! Cant get worst than those 2 clowns.

widowmaker
07-21-2012, 11:51 PM

No one really knows if he will fail if hes given a chance no one really knows what he can bring to the table. And I really do belive it's well worth the risk. Hurry up before Dallas snatches him up lol

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-22-2012, 12:12 AM
lets see who would be better at the same price. a starting quality big with a bad past VS a summer league big who would be lucky if he was asked to suit up for the game. sorry but the reward is greater than the risk with Blatche.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-22-2012, 12:26 AM
You guys don't understand anything about the Spurs at all. They don't sign idiots, even if talented. Ever. Really. No foolin'.

slick'81
07-22-2012, 12:42 AM
You guys don't understand anything about the Spurs at all. They don't sign idiots, even if talented. Ever. Really. No foolin'.

no doubt dont think spurs would mess with their chemistry by adding a 6'11 drug dealing buffoon

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-22-2012, 10:18 AM
I understand they only go after professional players, but if they are too take a gamble on a player then blatche is the guy. look at how much McGee changed once he was taken under George Karl.

irdab
07-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Maybe Blatche could be spurs equivalent for Haynesworth to Patriots. Low risk if he wrk out well and good otherwise cut him...

widowmaker
07-22-2012, 11:04 AM

Was Rodman ever a spur? How about Stephen Jackson? He's a "thug" that has a bad attitude. So I heard.

Spurs da champs
07-22-2012, 11:46 AM

He's got some game, so that analogy fails but he just needs some coaching (Pop) & a mentor (Tim) to mature. Jack is really only kept in check here so I can't see why the same can't be done for Blatche.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Jack was never a failure or a bonehead on the court. The analogy breaks down.

Rodman was ancient history. You missed a couple of other blasts from the past like Strickland and Mad Max. Please don't be obtuse to the point where you fail to realize that the Spurs don't do business like that any more.

SA can't compete on talent because FAs won't come here and we always draft late. They have to hang their hat on teamwork and cohesion. That's a delicate balance. You get one guy grousing and complaining and pretty soon all of the dogs in the kennel are barking.

I'm sure SA knows that they could sign him for the minimum and cut him any time. Yet, they don't. That tells me that they know he won't work out. Sometimes the signs are just too clear.

gambit1990
07-22-2012, 06:13 PM

Andthentherewas21
07-22-2012, 06:22 PM
SA can't compete on talent because FAs won't come here and we always draft late. They have to hang their hat on teamwork and cohesion. That's a delicate balance. You get one guy grousing and complaining and pretty soon all of the dogs in the kennel are barking.

Isn't that the point though? If SA can't get talent through FA or the Draft, wouldn't it be prudent to acquire some talent through one of the few means that they can i.e. a troubled young player that has been amnestied/cleared waivers.

Admittedly the Spurs are dependent on teamwork and cohesion to win, but part of that is due to their declining level of talent. As their core gets older they are more dependent on the roles players, like Danny Green, to perform every night. When they don't the Spurs struggle. But again adding some talent (Blatche), lessens that burden and gives those other role players more room for error.

Finally, I think you really underestimate the Spurs leadership and locker-room if you think that one new player, even as trouble as Blatche has been, can come in and completely disrupt things. Don't get me wrong, if on the court he continued to do some of the things he did in D.C. it would piss people off, and chances are Pop wouldn't let him see the court or cut him altogether. But he wouldn't be playing with a bunch of guys just coming into the league or Gilbert Arenas, and wouldn't be expected to have a leadership role.

I'm sure SA knows that they could sign him for the minimum and cut him any time. Yet, they don't. That tells me that they know he won't work out. Sometimes the signs are just too clear.

I dunno, this is the same front office that offered Duncan a contract that wasn't compliant with the new CBA. Besides you can infer what you want from them not signing him so far, but until the FO says that's why they aren't signing Blatche no one really knows why they haven't. Doesn't mean the FO knows that he won't work out. They could just be really cheap and not want to go over into the luxury tax or they are hoping to do a S&T next year. Maybe Pop just wants to coast through the next few years and doesn't really want to do any work so hes making sure the people he brings in can be taught Tony, Tim, or Bud. Who knows.

Point is just because the Spurs historically haven't signed a player like Blatche doesn't mean they shouldn't. Whether they do or not is a different question. But people on here can't bemoan the point that the Spurs never get any players or talent, and then complain and disregard potential acquisitions of it. Admittedly Blatche has red-flags (one of the reasons the Spurs could potentially get him), however there isn't some perfect savior player out there to save the Spurs. Hell there isn't even a perfect player on the Spurs between Manu's injury prone nature, Tony's social life, Tim's age, Neal's height/D, Blair's weight gain and lack of ACLs, Bonner's being Bonner, Splitter's fragility, ect.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Isn't that the point though? If SA can't get talent through FA or the Draft, wouldn't it be prudent to acquire some talent through one of the few means that they can i.e. a troubled young player that has been amnestied/cleared waivers.

Admittedly the Spurs are dependent on teamwork and cohesion to win, but part of that is due to their declining level of talent. As their core gets older they are more dependent on the roles players, like Danny Green, to perform every night. When they don't the Spurs struggle. But again adding some talent (Blatche), lessens that burden and gives those other role players more room for error.

Finally, I think you really underestimate the Spurs leadership and locker-room if you think that one new player, even as trouble as Blatche has been, can come in and completely disrupt things. Don't get me wrong, if on the court he continued to do some of the things he did in D.C. it would piss people off, and chances are Pop wouldn't let him see the court or cut him altogether. But he wouldn't be playing with a bunch of guys just coming into the league or Gilbert Arenas, and wouldn't be expected to have a leadership role.

I dunno, this is the same front office that offered Duncan a contract that wasn't compliant with the new CBA. Besides you can infer what you want from them not signing him so far, but until the FO says that's why they aren't signing Blatche no one really knows why they haven't. Doesn't mean the FO knows that he won't work out. They could just be really cheap and not want to go over into the luxury tax or they are hoping to do a S&T next year. Maybe Pop just wants to coast through the next few years and doesn't really want to do any work so hes making sure the people he brings in can be taught Tony, Tim, or Bud. Who knows.

Point is just because the Spurs historically haven't signed a player like Blatche doesn't mean they shouldn't. Whether they do or not is a different question. But people on here can't bemoan the point that the Spurs never get any players or talent, and then complain and disregard potential acquisitions of it. Admittedly Blatche has red-flags (one of the reasons the Spurs could potentially get him), however there isn't some perfect savior player out there to save the Spurs. Hell there isn't even a perfect player on the Spurs between Manu's injury prone nature, Tony's social life, Tim's age, Neal's height/D, Blair's weight gain and lack of ACLs, Bonner's being Bonner, Splitter's fragility, ect.

:lol When did the Spurs offer Duncan an illegal contract? WTF?

Andthentherewas21
07-22-2012, 10:33 PM
:lol When did the Spurs offer Duncan an illegal contract? WTF?

This off-season. http://blog.shamsports.com/2012/07/tim-duncan-also-may-or-may-not-be-about.html

Not a huge deal, but it did happen.

spurspokesman
07-23-2012, 12:05 AM
This 3x

gambit1990
07-31-2012, 02:45 PM
still no news on blatche? geez.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-31-2012, 10:05 PM
still no news on blatche? geez.

No one seems to be in any hurry to sign the dumbass.

lefty
07-31-2012, 10:07 PM

They did sign Bonner

He is an untalented idiot

Wild Cobra Kai
07-31-2012, 11:34 PM
They did sign Bonner

He is an untalented idiot

Matt Bonner is in no way an idiot, and he has a plus NBA skill: 3 point shooting. He's one of the best in the business, even if he goes out of business in April.

Sean Cagney
07-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Matt Bonner is in no way an idiot, and he has a plus NBA skill: 3 point shooting. He's one of the best in the business, even if he goes out of business in April.

Yes, unfortunately thats the time we need him most :depressed:depressed

FkLA
08-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Id take Darko over this dumb shit tbh.

spurspokesman
08-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Yes, unfortunately thats the time we need him most :depressed:depressed
I concur

gambit1990
08-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Id take Darko over this dumb shit tbh.

i'm not against signing darko, but i prefer blatche. whereas darko is primarily a 5, blatche can play the 4 and 5. he's also more athletic and mobile.

i think a frontcourt of:
blatche/diaw
duncan/splitter
makes more sense than one with darko in it.

Andthentherewas21
08-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Bump