PDA

View Full Version : sons as an NBA owner who would you rather have representing your franchise?

BRHornet45
07-18-2012, 12:04 AM
which player would you rather have representing your franchise and city?

Player A

http://shanelmishra.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/kevin-federline-and-carmelo-anthony.jpg

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/0518/20090518__20090519_C02_SP19BKNNUGSCHART1~p2_200.JP G

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/0414/20080414__20080415_CC01_SP15BKNNUGGETS~p2.JPG

Video: example of interacting with the public

cnaoVV46hk4

or

Player B

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/02/20/236121-jeremy-lin-with-the-kids-from-chunghwa-taiwan.jpg

http://cdn.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/JeremyLin.jpg

http://eyedrd.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/lin.jpg

Video: example of interacting with the public

WQ61OkF3qDk

sons enough hating on Houston for overpaying Lin. It was a good business decision ... a goddamn good business decision. he will produce solid basketball on the floor, will be a class act off the floor representing their franchise extremely well, and will bring in a ton of additional revenue for the Rockets. the NBA needs more individuals like Lin in the league instead of uneducated hood rats like Carmelo. LOL at the Knicks

MattBonnerExperience
07-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Is Lin contractually obligated to only be in pictures with other asians?

Kidd K
07-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Lin's more of a role model. . .there's no debate there.

But he's vastly inferior on the basketball court too. There's also no debate there.

Being truthful here, Melo is just a dumb piece of meat who gets paid to help the team win ball games. I doubt anyone in the Knicks front office gives a shit about him personally. They probably wouldn't care if he shot himself after his contract expired (after they got stuff back in a trade or S&T of course). Condolences to his family statement, and that's it. No jersey retired, no statue, and only brief mentions of him when they talk about Knicks history.

He has basically no value off the basketball court, and I think the Knicks are okay with that since he's much better than Lin; the most overrated player of this millenium.

BRHornet45
07-18-2012, 12:32 AM
son Lin has only been in the NBA for 2 seasons and has time to improve. Melo has been in the NBA for 9 seasons and the only thing he has proved is that he is a glorified chucker who has led his teams to 8 first round exits in 9 years (Denver 6, NY 2)

InTheCrust
07-18-2012, 12:40 AM
son Lin has only been in the NBA for 2 seasons and has time to improve. Melo has been in the NBA for 9 seasons and the only thing he has proved is that he is a glorified chucker who has led his teams to 8 first round exits in 9 years (Denver 6, NY 2)

Son this is exactly what I've been saying about this ovverated leader of mediocre franchises! 16-38 playoff record to boot. Pathetic ass ball-dominant wannabe hoodlum who can't lead a half decent team

tediousj
07-18-2012, 12:42 AM
I'd take this guy...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rXH5hyNIyN0/Tm6tlHj5jjI/AAAAAAAABjs/nsSnOexuEHM/s640/Carmelo+Anthony2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7tB0vOWkYhs/Tigl2AfdT-I/AAAAAAAAAgw/vYNQTZpC9bU/s1600/NBA+Carmelo+Anthony++espy+.jpg

http://basketball-n-ent.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Carmelo+Anthony+Tommy+Hilfiger+Womens+Front+z1pbiX YKIq4l1.jpeg

HI-FI
07-18-2012, 12:57 AM
i voted for Lin. Melo obviously has a much higher ceiling, but least Lin will most likely reach or surpass his potential, whereas Melo won't. Plus Houston has a lot of Asians so Lin will represent the team well.

son, who is the new chick in your sig?

BRHornet45
07-18-2012, 12:59 AM
sons just the facts ... Carmelo Anthony led teams =

8 First Round Exits in 9 Seasons

Negative Media Exposure via off the court issues
- drug possession citation in Denver Airport
- appeared in criminal DVD "Stop Snitchin'" that warned residence they would face violence if they reported crimes
- another drug possession citation when one of his entourage members was pulled over in his vehicle
- arrested for driving under the influence and suspended by the league
- overall bad teammate and bad investment

Verified his Pussification
- suspended 15 games for starting a fight, then running from Nate Robinson scared to death like the little bitch he is

Kidd K
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM

The only thing Lin's proved is that he'll never be as good as Melo and can't keep up a decent level of play unless it's against lottery teams with terrible defense.

Sure, Melo's exited the first round 8 times, but he's always been to the playoffs. He's exited in the first round in the west because it's a difficult conference to win in. Not many teams have advanced past the first round more than once out west in the last 9 years. The Spurs and Lakers have been locking shit down out west for a decade. Mavs and Suns have been trying to make runs, but only one of them actually won it, and only once.

Everyone else out west has been a footnote for 13 years. Try not to pretend like the Spurs and Lakers didn't win 9 of the last 13 titles. The west hasn't exactly been a cakewalk.

Let's not excuse Lin's failures either. How many times has been been out of the first round? 0. He hasn't even PLAYED in the playoffs yet. So gtfo. At least Melo gets there, and is otherwise a much larger force during the season.

LnGrrrR
07-18-2012, 01:01 AM
God damn I hate the stupid "geek chic" these NBA players rock. Fucking idiots.

Kidd K
07-18-2012, 01:02 AM
i voted for Lin. Melo obviously has a much higher ceiling, but least Lin will most likely reach or surpass his potential, whereas Melo won't. Plus Houston has a lot of Asians so Lin will represent the team well.

son, who is the new chick in your sig?

Melo's floor is higher than Lin's ceiling tbh.

And do you really care about chicks in sigs? Come on dude. . .stop it.

BRHornet45
07-18-2012, 01:09 AM
The only thing Lin's proved is that he'll never be as good as Melo and can't keep up a decent level of play unless it's against lottery teams with terrible defense.

Sure, Melo's exited the first round 8 times, but he's always been to the playoffs. He's exited in the first round in the west because it's a difficult conference to win in. Not many teams have advanced past the first round more than once out west in the last 9 years. The Spurs and Lakers have been locking shit down out west for a decade. Mavs and Suns have been trying to make runs, but only one of them actually won it, and only once.

Everyone else out west has been a footnote for 13 years. Try not to pretend like the Spurs and Lakers didn't win 9 of the last 13 titles. The west hasn't exactly been a cakewalk.

Let's not excuse Lin's failures either. How many times has been been out of the first round? 0. He hasn't even PLAYED in the playoffs yet. So gtfo. At least Melo gets there, and is otherwise a much larger force during the season.

son this is exactly the type of response that I would expect from a new fan or an "ESPN fan" of basketball. Carmelo has proven in 9 seasons that he is not a leader or a good teammate. If you can't see that and just how pathetic it is that he has been stomped out of the first round 8 times, then just stop reading this thread right now.

Who cares if right now Carmelo is the overall better individual talent? Individuals don't win championships and not only is he a bad teammate and proven failure, he is also one of the worst possible players to represent the NBA. Eric Gordon (when healthy) right now is overall the better individual talent when compared to Tim Duncan, but that doesn't mean that a team with Gordon would do better than a team with Duncan.

Lin has only technically been in the NBA for about a year and a half. he is a better teammate, is steadily improving his game, is younger, and a better representation of the NBA. any owner in their right mind would take Lin over Anthony right now.

mercos
07-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Not saying I would choose Lin over Melo, but I do believe it was a mistake for NY to let Lin go. He showed considerable promise on the court, and tremendous marketing potential off of it. Houston slightly overpaid for Lin, but look at what NY gave Stoudemire. Going on that comparison, Lin would have been a bargain.

callo1
07-18-2012, 02:08 AM
BR, I vote player B.

Give me character, class, attitude and leadership...the type of player that others see in the on and off the floor to become better. I don't expect perfect...perfection isn't reality, but player A has never shown any of those qualities.

I went to my college campus years back to pick up transcripts, and I heard some youngblood in conversation about T.O. this and that, better than Jerry Rice ever was...I couldn't help but nose my way in. I told this guy that T.O. wasn't fit to hold Jerry's jock and he said that if I were a GM, and took any other receiver over T.O., I'd be a fool. I mentioned that I would never want that taint on my team. Low and behold, a few years later he became a Cowboy. There is no denying the talent of a T.O., but for every foot taints move forward, they take your team one foot back.

Youngblood thought T.O. was going to bust all Rice's records, and the chump got cut from an Arena League team.

While Lin was overhyped due to the market he was in, he can make the players around him better...player A will never do that.

racm
07-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic went HAM in Houston. McHale loves em young point guards.

Spurs9
07-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Truth bombs BR, no one can argue with that, but then again you support Lil Boosie as a role model. :lmao

The Gemini Method
07-18-2012, 12:39 PM
God damn I hate the stupid "geek chic" these NBA players rock. Fucking idiots.

Agreed.

I voted for Lin because, well, I'm 1/2 rice-eater.

jack sommerset
07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
It should have been a no brainier to match the rockets. You need look no farther than the isiah thomas chronicles to see that the Knicks have no clue what they are doing. God bless

Latarian Milton
07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
well melo is not a legit leader of his team, nor is lin. little chink got waived like 4 times before his eventual outburst of linsanity in NY, he's a decent backup PG but if you see him as a franchise player that can lead your team you you're either a moronic chink or a complete retard