PDA

View Full Version : Any health experts out there?

Wild Cobra
07-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Some years ago, when I didn't eat so healthy and smoked, my eyes would be an odd yellow-green tint that seemed to change in darkness and degree of yellowness. For some years now, I have been treating myself better, and my eyes have maintained a solid olive green color. Is there any way, by eating certain foods, that I can get a brighter, lighter green color in my eyes? I've seen people with bold green eyes before, and I think they are awesome.

I did some searching on the internet, but...

Information overload. Can't seem to find the topics I want.

The Reckoning
07-18-2012, 06:26 AM
usually yellow means a fucked liver imo

Halberto
07-18-2012, 06:59 AM
If your iris is turning yellow that's one thing, but if your entire eye turns yellow you need to see a doctor immediately. Yellow eyes are life threatening indications of liver failure.

Wild Cobra
07-18-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm speaking of the iris people.

CavsSuperFan
07-18-2012, 08:58 AM
I noticed “years ago” that objects were blurry when night driving…I made an appointment with the local optometrist & he diagnosed weak vision plus astigmatism…He made me glasses for driving and another pair for working at my computer…It changed my life…I am not longer uneasy about driving at night and I am more productive at work…I hope this helps…

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Some years ago, when I didn't eat so healthy and smoked, my eyes would be an odd yellow-green tint that seemed to change in darkness and degree of yellowness. For some years now, I have been treating myself better, and my eyes have maintained a solid olive green color. Is there any way, by eating certain foods, that I can get a brighter, lighter green color in my eyes? I've seen people with bold green eyes before, and I think they are awesome.

Don't be an idiot. There is some natural color that your eyes are supposed to be. Eat healthy, stay away from processed foods, don't drink, don't smoke, don't drink sodas (diet or otherwise), avoid enriched wheat, no red meat or pork, no caffeine, take fish oil, do a two week body cleanse, exercise, drink plenty of water.

CavsSuperFan
07-18-2012, 09:27 AM
stay away from processed foods, don't drink, don't smoke, don't drink sodas, avoid enriched wheat, no red meat or pork, no caffeine, take fish oil...

You lead an exciting life...:smokin

DMC
07-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Don't be an idiot. There is some natural color that your eyes are supposed to be. Eat healthy, stay away from processed foods, don't drink, don't smoke, don't drink sodas (diet or otherwise), avoid enriched wheat, no red meat or pork, no caffeine, take fish oil, do a two week body cleanse, exercise, drink plenty of water.
Basically live a shitty life so you can live a longer one.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 09:31 AM
You lead an exciting life...:smokin

:lol

I actually tried that several years ago. Lost a ton of weight, felt great mentally and physically.

But fucking impossible for me to stick with.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Basically live a shitty life so you can live a longer one.

Yeah...basically. Although, once you get on a lifestyle like that, you lose your cravings for a lot of the "bad" foods. In fact, they don't even taste right at first. The downfall for me was the time between T'giving and New Years. Too many parties and family get-togethers.

tlongII
07-18-2012, 09:36 AM

Tinted contacts. Duh.

DMC
07-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Tinted contacts. Duh.
sup Tlong.

Condolences on the team.

clambake
07-18-2012, 10:15 AM
yellow's a good color for you, tbh.

mrsmaalox
07-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Eye color is a genetic trait, can't be changed naturally but can be "brightened" with healthy living. Not the sort of thing you can change by eating lots of a certain thing, like how eating tons of carrots can give you a "tanned" look. In adults a dulling of eye color is normal (aging), but a noticeable change of color can be a symptom of certain conditions (iridocyclitis, pigmentary glaucoma and some rare nervous system disorders I don't recall the names of) and should be medically evaluated.

O.J. Simpson
07-18-2012, 12:38 PM

I'm pretty sure you have AIDS.

2Blonde
07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Coming to Spurstalk for "expert medical advice"? That's the symptom I would concentrate on. ;)

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Coming to Spurstalk for "expert medical advice"? That's the symptom I would concentrate on. ;)

are you Indian?

or is it your friend?

2Blonde
07-21-2012, 07:21 AM
are you Indian?

or is it your friend?

:lol just didn't want my daughter's face shown. :toast

redzero
07-21-2012, 08:04 AM
:lol just didn't want my daughter's face shown. :toast

Then why would you use a pic of your daughter's face as your avatar?