07-18-2012, 09:35 AM
:lol

sO-msplukrw

DMC
07-18-2012, 09:42 AM
:lmao

Blake
07-18-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure what all they were saying, but I caught ” don't make baby Jesus cry” which was an lol.

clambake
07-18-2012, 10:14 AM
that was great

bus driver
07-18-2012, 10:49 AM

did it say that chickfila hates gays ?

boutons_deux
07-18-2012, 11:02 AM
"We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.

'Guilty as charged,' Cathy says of Chick-fil-A's stand on biblical & family values [BP News]

http://www.goodasyou.org/good_as_you/2012/07/chick-fil-as-flippant-response-to-years-of-lgbt-controversy-guilty-as-charged.html

mrsmaalox
07-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Great video! :lol

Damn I wish Burger King would take a stance like that, it'd be sooo much easier to boycott; but I just can't live without my monthly chargrilled chicken salad :depressed

Ginobilly
07-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Chick-fil-A is a wasp owned and operated business(I hate that they don't open on sunday's, but I like how they're not sell outs and stay true to what they believe in). Yeah, they might be racist and hate gays but they make a pretty darn good chicken sandwich and it's not expensive.:toast

leemajors
07-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Chick Fil A is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Do you also admire the Catholic Church sticking to their guns as their priests have been raping kids for over 1000 years?

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Chick-fil-A is a wasp owned and operated business(I hate that they don't open on sunday's, but I like how they're not sell outs and stay true to what they believe in). Yeah, they might be racist and hate gays but they make a pretty darn good chicken sandwich and it's not expensive.:toast

They are the shit. Thank god they aren't only at the malls anymore.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Chick Fil A is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Do you also admire the Catholic Church sticking to their guns as their priest have been raping kids for over 2000 years?

:lol

holy fuck...what an escalation

Ginobilly
07-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Chick Fil A is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Do you also admire the Catholic Church sticking to their guns as their priest have been raping kids for over 2000 years?

I don't know cause I don't go to church. I don't admire them or hate them. I admire people who stick to what they believe in, just as long as they don't do anything illegal and hurt people physically. Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe in. As for those priests who rape children. They should lose their priesthood(just like how a teacher would lose his license) and do prison time. Once out, they could find a real job like everybody else.

CitizenDwayne
07-18-2012, 01:53 PM
It's one thing to close your restaurant on Sundays to show your beliefs.

It's another to only hire Christians (I could be wrong on that one, but they certainly ask on applications) and donate money to hate organizations.

I don't understand Christians; if Jesus came back, do you really think he would hoist up a "God Hates Fags" sign?

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 01:57 PM
It's one thing to close your restaurant on Sundays to show your beliefs.

It's another to only hire Christians (I could be wrong on that one, but they certainly ask on applications) and donate money to hate organizations.

I don't understand Christians; if Jesus came back, do you really think he would hoist up a "God Hates Fags" sign?

lmao...you're full of shit. I haven't seen one but I'm pretty sure they don't ask about religion on a job application.

leemajors
07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
lmao...you're full of shit. I haven't seen one but I'm pretty sure they don't ask about religion on a job application.

Chick-fil-A, the corporate parent, has been sued at least 12 times since 1988 on charges of employment discrimination, according to records in U.S. District Courts. Aziz Latif, a former Chick-fil-A restaurant manager in Houston, sued the company in 2002 after Latif, a Muslim, says he was fired a day after he didn't participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program in 2000. The suit was settled on undisclosed terms.

The company might face more suits if it didn't screen potential hires and operators so carefully. Many Chick-fil-A job candidates must endure a yearlong vetting process that includes dozens of interviews. Ty Yokum, the training manager for the chain, sat through 7 interviews and didn't get the job. He reapplied in 1991 and was subjected to another 17 interviews--the final one lasted five hours--and was hired. Bureon Ledbetter, Chick-fil-A's general counsel, says the company works hard to select people like Yokum, who "fit." "We want operators who support the values here," Ledbetter says.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0723/080.html

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 03:12 PM

I don't see anything saying that they ask if an applicant is a Christian or not.

leemajors
07-18-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't see anything saying that they ask if an applicant is a Christian or not.

It may come up in your 5-10 interviews

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 03:17 PM
It may come up in your 5-10 interviews

maybe...but I bet it's not ever a direct question

baseline bum
07-18-2012, 03:18 PM
LOL 7 interviews to put chicken in a fucking fryer for minimum wage.

CubanMustGo
07-18-2012, 03:22 PM
For positions at the corporate office, you're asked to send your own resume - there is no application per se. They claim "Chick-fil-A, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment decisions based on any factor protected by federal, state or local law" but there is this: "the franchised Operators of Chick-fil-A Restaurant locations are in business for themselves. They recruit, hire, train and manage their own employees, handle all matters regarding employment of the Team Members at their Restaurants, and set their own employment policies and procedures." It would not surprise me to have some of the franchisees ask such inappropriate questions.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 03:22 PM
LOL 7 interviews to put chicken in a fucking fryer for minimum wage.

have you tasted their chicken?

Ginobilly
07-18-2012, 03:23 PM

He could of just participated like everybody. I don't believe in prayer/religion or anything like that, but I respect my boss and I participate in prayer when I have to because I'm thankful that he is providing me with a job. It's a small price to pay if you want to live in America. Your not going to die if you pray! If my boss was Muslim or Jewish, I would join in prayer the same way. Don't like it? You could always go back to the middle east/mexico, where ever they came from and start their own business there. Lets see if they could sell their subways and gyros there?

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 03:24 PM
For positions at the corporate office, you're asked to send your own resume - there is no application per se. They claim "Chick-fil-A, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment decisions based on any factor protected by federal, state or local law" but there is this: "the franchised Operators of Chick-fil-A Restaurant locations are in business for themselves. They recruit, hire, train and manage their own employees, handle all matters regarding employment of the Team Members at their Restaurants, and set their own employment policies and procedures." It would not surprise me to have some of the franchisees ask such inappropriate questions.

I would be surprised if they weren't taught how to ask those questions without asking.

I'm not saying that they don't discriminate. It's obvious they do. I just don't believe that it's in writing as the poster earlier claimed.

baseline bum
07-18-2012, 03:25 PM
have you tasted their chicken?

Yeah, it tastes just like McDonalds' but costs more.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Serious question though.

If U.S./Muslim relations continue to get progressively worse and they (Muslims) begin attacking citizens on U.S. soil, wouoldn't you have second thoughts about going to a restaurant where you knew Muslims prepared your food?

baseline bum
07-18-2012, 03:27 PM
It's actually not a bad way to run a place though, since Christians are obedient and don't ask questions tbh.

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah, it tastes just like McDonalds' but costs more.

Bullshit. McDonald's has a decent copy with the Southern Style sandwich but it falls short of Chick fil A.

baseline bum
07-18-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't eat a lot of fast food, but they tasted the same last time I ate at either one.

leemajors
07-18-2012, 03:34 PM
He could of just participated like everybody. I don't believe in prayer/religion or anything like that, but I respect my boss and I participate in prayer when I have to because I'm thankful that he is providing me with a job. It's a small price to pay if you want to live in America. Your not going to die if you pray! If my boss was Muslim or Jewish, I would join in prayer the same way. Don't like it? You could always go back to the middle east/mexico, where ever they came from and start their own business there. Lets see if they could sell their subways and gyros there?

It was unlawful termination and they settled because they didn't have a leg to stand on. Pretty fucking simple. You don't have to be a Christian to live in America. People left Europe to practice what they pleased.

Ginobilly
07-18-2012, 03:45 PM
It was unlawful termination and they settled because they didn't have a leg to stand on. Pretty fucking simple. You don't have to be a Christian to live in America.

you don't have to, true. But the majority of the business and corporations are run by Christian Americans and it reflects their values through their policies and procedures. I say lawsuits are for pussies who can't handle shit and expect everything to abide by their rules. I was born Catholic, but I no longer follow my religion. If I were to get a job at a Muslim or Jewish university, it would be stupid of me to start bashing religion/prayer and be like that Texas A&M teacher. It makes you look like a reverse bigot when you do that and you anger a lot more people because you are becoming just like those bigots and racist you claim your not.

leemajors
07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
you don't have to, true. But the majority of the business and corporations are run by Christian Americans and it reflects their values through their policies and procedures. I say lawsuits are for pussies who can't handle shit and expect everything to abide by their rules. I was born Catholic, but I no longer follow my religion. If I were to get a job at a Muslim or Jewish university, it would be stupid of me to start bashing religion/prayer and be like that Texas A&M teacher. It makes you look like a reverse bigot when you do that and you anger a lot more people because you are becoming just like those bigots and racist you claim your not.

How would you take being fired simply for being uncircumcised? Would you just let it go and not sue just so someone wouldn't think you were a pussy?

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
How would you take being fired simply for being uncircumcised? Would you just let it go and not sue just so someone wouldn't think you were a pussy?

If you're getting fired for being uncircumcised, things have already gone way wrong during some other point of the interview.

Ginobilly
07-18-2012, 03:57 PM

I would just let it go and move on. I'm not the type of person who holds grudges or anything like that. It's the way I was raised. Not to depend on anybody or have anybody's approval. You don't want me to work for you based on my beliefs/body anatomy, good. I'll ain't going to stay in a place I'm not wanted. simple as that. Get a job cutting grass at a golf field so you don't talk to anybody.

leemajors
07-18-2012, 03:59 PM
If you're getting fired for being uncircumcised, things have already gone way wrong during some other point of the interview.

neither that or religion is your employer's business.

leemajors
07-18-2012, 04:02 PM
I would just let it go and move on. I'm not the type of person who holds grudges or anything like that. It's the way I was raised. Not to depend on anybody or have anybody's approval. You don't want me to work for you based on my beliefs/body anatomy, good. I'll ain't going to stay in a place I'm not wanted. simple as that. Get a job cutting grass at a golf field so you don't talk to anybody.

that's why corporations are allowed to treat employees as expendable pieces of shit.

Ginobilly
07-18-2012, 04:06 PM

what if your satanist or a Muslim fundamentalist? Those guys take religion seriously and physically harm people. So yes, a lot of your employers are interested in your religious beliefs. Just like how they are interested in your facebook to see what type of person you are. Sad but true!

cantthinkofanything
07-18-2012, 04:10 PM

It was a joke. Implying that for some reason, your penis is exposed during the interview.

leemajors
07-18-2012, 04:18 PM
It was a joke. Implying that for some reason, your penis is exposed during the interview.

I figured :lol

bcaVSTsYyOI

DMC
07-18-2012, 04:20 PM
It depends on the job "opening".

CitizenDwayne
07-18-2012, 06:01 PM
I heard from someone that applied there that that was on the application. I thought that would have been illegal but they insisted, so either our local branch had a different application or that person made it up. Either way it's not THAT much of a stretch given this company's track record.

And if Chick-fil-A's mission is to approach their business with a Christian mindset, why discriminate by religion? Wouldn't the Christian thing be to accept people of all races/religions/sexual orientations?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Um I'm Jewish and have worked at Chick-fil-a......was hired on the spot after 2 interview questions, and worked with 2 openly gay butch lesbians.

The Chick-fil-a I worked at must not have gotten the memo

baseline bum
07-18-2012, 06:07 PM
No, the Christian thing is to pay minimum wage and beat your employees over their heads with your beliefs.

Drachen
07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
I am a little curious, this is the only quote that I am finding about this from the company president:

"Guilty as charged. We are very much supportive of the family - the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that,"

was there more? This quote seems relatively benign. I don't agree with him, but damn this is a pretty big furor over this comment. I can see why people would want to boycott, but people are getting MAD. I don't know, somehow the emotional response seems outsized.

Drachen
07-19-2012, 11:23 AM
This seems a little more deserving of outrage since something actually happened.

http://blogs.phillymag.com/gphilly/2012/07/19/gay-teen-longer-eagle-scout/

The Gemini Method
07-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Chick-fil-a is overpriced. However, the one located near my house is pretty progressive in that it has a few gay workers. It could be indicative of the SoCal population, but it is interesting that on the surface they're a little bit different than what a Chick-fil-a supposedly represents.

DisAsTerBot
07-19-2012, 11:55 AM
I am a little curious, this is the only quote that I am finding about this from the company president:

was there more? This quote seems relatively benign. I don't agree with him, but damn this is a pretty big furor over this comment. I can see why people would want to boycott, but people are getting MAD. I don't know, somehow the emotional response seems outsized.

it's the company's history as well. Multiple lawsuits claiming discriminatory hiring practices as well as their history of donating to anti-gay christian groups

leemajors
07-19-2012, 12:01 PM
This seems a little more deserving of outrage since something actually happened.

http://blogs.phillymag.com/gphilly/2012/07/19/gay-teen-longer-eagle-scout/

Ugh, saw that earlier. Are Eagle Scouts still pretty much auto scholarships?

The Gemini Method
07-19-2012, 12:08 PM

I think you get one for spewing anti-gay slurs and the like...don't know if it is full scholarships any more.

Drachen
07-19-2012, 12:11 PM

Yep. Auto scholarships indeed, as well as many other benefits. Damn, this sucks. I had so much fun in Boy Scouts. I love camping and the outdoors and looked forward to going through all of this with my son. Actually, the day he was born, I told my dad that he has to stay in reasonably good shape for 15 more years so that we can go, three generations, to Philmont. He agreed.

baseline bum
07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
I know some Eagle Scouts and they don't get any kind of scholarship for it.

Drachen
07-19-2012, 12:14 PM

Then they didn't apply for it.

edit:

This is just the main "official" ones, there are many many more.

http://www.nesa.org/applications.html

baseline bum
07-19-2012, 12:27 PM

edit:

None of those are automatic. You don't think there's only 153 Eagle Scouts in whole nation, right?

Drachen
07-19-2012, 12:36 PM

edit:

Here are some interesting words that I believe that you missed.

Ginobilly
07-19-2012, 12:41 PM
No, the Christian thing is to pay minimum wage and beat your employees over their heads with your beliefs.

That goes for every group. People are greedy by nature and it's a human element to beat others with your beliefs. Whether their leftist, or right wing, people are all the same to me. That goes for Christians/Jews/Muslims, atheist and gay people. People need to grow up and realize that not everybody is going to have the same beliefs as you. Grow the fuck up and start acting like adults!

leemajors
07-19-2012, 12:45 PM

the 3-4 i knew in high school all got full rides, but this was in the mid 90s

baseline bum
07-19-2012, 12:46 PM
the 3-4 i knew in high school all got full rides, but this was in the mid 90s

Definitely not the case now.

Blake
07-19-2012, 01:51 PM
We're talking college scholarship? My buddy that was an Eagle Scout didn't get any kind of Scout scholarship.

As in tune with those types of things as he was, I would think he would have been all over that.

Fpoonsie
07-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Fuck it. I'll just buy a Scissor Sisters' track on iTunes or, I dunno, make love to a man each time I decide to get a chicken sammie.

CitizenDwayne
07-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Fuck it. I'll just buy a Scissor Sisters' track on iTunes or, I dunno, make love to a man each time I decide to get a chicken sammie.
Make that an altar boy and you can satisfy both parties.

Drachen
07-19-2012, 05:28 PM
The President of Chipotle, Rodrigo Chipotle, said this in response to this whole thing:

What goes into your butthole is your business, all we care about is making sure Chipotle is what comes out of it

I read this on my phone at work. I busted out laughing so loud.

Edit: I am leaving this up because it is hilarious, but after I posted it, I decided I should have probably looked it up first, and tried to find where this was quoted from and have come up empty. It may not be real. Still f-in funny though.

boutons_deux
07-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Chick-fil-A Seeks To Distance Itself From Anti-Gay Owner

In his interview with the Baptist Press, Cathy admitted that the company indeed has an anti-gay political agenda. When asked about reports that the company was against same-sex marriage, he told the paper “Well, guilty as charged,” adding:

We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit … We intend to stay the course. We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.

Cathy reinforced his views in a radio interview, in which he asked “God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about.” He continued his anti-LGBT campaign Wednesday on Twitter, twice bragging that the Baptist Press interview had “lit up the gay community.”

Today’s statement on the the Chick-fil-a Facebook page takes the exact opposite view. The company now claims:

The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/07/19/550841/anti-gay-chic-fil-a-contradicts-anti-gay-admission/