PDA

View Full Version : Sources say Bulls will not match Rockets for Center Asik

Indazone
07-18-2012, 12:43 PM
http://www.thedreamshake.com/2012/7/18/3167186/sources-say-bulls-not-expected-to-match-rockets-offer-to-asik

Take it for what it's worth, boys, but rumor has it that Daryl Morey might go 2 for 2 in his restricted free agent quest this offseason. From Houston sports radio guru, Lance Zierlein:

Sources close to Omar Asik tell me Bulls not expected to match Rockets offer.
18 Jul

So what would this mean for DwightWatch? Absolutely nothing. I'll explain after the jump.

BimaThug, Larry Coon and other NBA capologists have gone on record as saying that even with the addition of Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik that the Rockets, with the amnesty of Luis Scola, would still have room under the cap to potentially add Dwight Howard. It's crazy what some cap management allows you to do, huh, Knicks fans?

What might hold up a possible deal would be that it would limit the amount of bad money Houston could take back in a deal from Orlando, which is something that could potentially be a dealbreaker. But if it came down to that, I'm sure the two could get a third team involved to move some money around. So the pro-Dwight people can relax. This would change nothing.

The second most asked question I see is why would Houston pursue Dwight if they lock up Asik? Well, it's simple, really.

You've got a guy like Dwight Howard who has health questions already. What is the hurt in having a guy like Omer Asik backing him up? McHale could even put both of them on the floor at the same time in defensive situations. In other words, this is a good problem to have.

But even if Morey takes a pass on Dwight, adding Lin and Asik doesn't hurt the going young/rebuild scenario. To me, this is a win-win scenario. More updates as they come.

djohn2oo8
07-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA
My source is telling me Bulls have already notified that they will NOT match." Your source is wrong or non-existent.

djohn2oo8
07-18-2012, 12:50 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/209/021/1322517608891.png

Lukor
07-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Houston blew up their team for nothing. Welcome to the lottery.

Indazone
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Asik is a total Daryl Morey Moneyball move. Advanced Metrics shows he's in the 96th percentile in defense. He is a rim protector and averages 12 rebounds per game per 36 min. Downside is that he has no shooting touch and has hands of stone. I kinda remember a guy named Dikembe Mutombo who had similar credentials. So I'm down with getting Omer Asik.

Excerpt from Yahoo Article.

Bulls' fans know Asik's game well. He plays exceptional defense and is a great rebounder and shot blocker, averaging 12 boards and 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes. He's a formidable presence in the middle, a capable backup for Joakim Noah, and the defensive anchor of the second unit.

On the downside, Asik poses no threat whatsoever to opposing defenses, with most of his points (8 per 36) coming on stick-backs; some say he's met his ceiling as far as offensive potential. He has horrible hands and a bad habit of bringing the ball down, resulting in a high turnover rate (2.5/game). He's also an abysmal free throw shooter (48 percent career), and is prone to fouls, averaging five per 36.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bulls-overpay-omer-asik-fan-view-022800119--nba.html

TIMMYtoZO
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Lin and Asik? :lmao:lmao

djohn2oo8
07-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Asik is a total Daryl Morey Moneyball move. Advanced Metrics shows he's in the 96th percentile in defense. He is a rim protector and averages 12 rebounds per game per 36 min. Downside is that he has no shooting touch and has hands of stone. I kinda remember a guy named Dikembe Mutombo who had similar credentials. So I'm down with getting Omer Asik.

Excerpt from Yahoo Article.

Bulls' fans know Asik's game well. He plays exceptional defense and is a great rebounder and shot blocker, averaging 12 boards and 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes. He's a formidable presence in the middle, a capable backup for Joakim Noah, and the defensive anchor of the second unit.

On the downside, Asik poses no threat whatsoever to opposing defenses, with most of his points (8 per 36) coming on stick-backs; some say he's met his ceiling as far as offensive potential. He has horrible hands and a bad habit of bringing the ball down, resulting in a high turnover rate (2.5/game). He's also an abysmal free throw shooter (48 percent career), and is prone to fouls, averaging five per 36.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bulls-overpay-omer-asik-fan-view-022800119--nba.html
God I'm gonna troll yo azz so hard when the Bulls match, faggot.

TDMVPDPOY
07-18-2012, 01:11 PM
lol overpaying a scrub while gettin rid of the guy that gives them any chance of being competitive....rockets fighting for lottery picks instead of that no.2 spot they been spewing

DPG21920
07-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Moneyball is finding value based on advanced stats. Paying ASIK a ton of money that he has to live up to (and does not seem likely) is quite the opposite.

Indazone
07-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Only Troll you need to be concerned about DJohn is the one you wack between your legs.

Indazone
07-18-2012, 01:35 PM
God you are stupid

djohn2oo8
07-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Rumor that Bulls won't match has been debunked. Still stupid to make that offer.

djohn2oo8
07-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Only Troll you need to be concerned about DJohn is the one you wack between your legs.
If Koolaid was actually a real poster, you'd make that fucker look like a hall of famer.

djohn2oo8
07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Never thought anybody would be more retarded than Horse, but Indazone clearly takes the cake.

Indazone
07-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA
My source is telling me Bulls have already notified that they will NOT match." Your source is wrong or non-existent.

What part of NOT matching do you not understand? I repeat. You just trolled yourself Moron!!!!

LOL :downspin::lol

hater
07-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Lin + Asik

Lasik - sponsorship potential

djohn2oo8
07-18-2012, 01:47 PM
What part of NOT matching do you not understand? I repeat. You just trolled yourself Moron!!!!

LOL :downspin::lol
LOL you're fucking dumb. Read the tweet again, he's responding to the statement that the Bulls won't match. He says that's not accurate.

lefty
07-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Nobody can match the Rockets offers :lol

They fattened that bank account :lol

Indazone
07-18-2012, 02:03 PM
LOL you're fucking dumb. Read the tweet again, he's responding to the statement that the Bulls won't match. He says that's not accurate.

Do the math. Chicago is hosed the same as the Knicks

The matter will not be resolved quickly, as the Rockets must waive one player and then wait 48 hours to sign Asik to his offer sheet. After that, the Bulls will have three days to make a decision on whether or not to pay the 26-year-old Asik $25.1 million over the next three seasons.

Reports have differed on what the Bulls plan to do, with the latest being Lance Zierlein, a Houston radio talk show host, saying sources close to Asik "tell me Bulls not expected to match Rockets offer."

This differs from Chris Sheridan's report from July 11 that "every single offer sheet except Landry Fields' will be matched."

If anything, the Bulls releasing shooting guard Ronnie Brewer and trading small forward Kyle Korver would only suggest more the team is trying to free up room to bring back Asik.

The seven current players on the Bulls roster (Boozer, Butler, Deng, Gibson, Hamilton, Noah, Rose) will make approximately $63.3 million next season. First round draft pick Marquis Teague's rookie contract will not count against the salary cap.

The luxury tax for the 2012-2013 season is $70.307 million, and with Kirk Hinrich expected to sign a deal worth $6 million over two years, the Bulls would almost certainly go over the luxury tax by signing Asik, who would make $5 million in his first season.

The Rockets "poison pill" against the Bulls would see Asik make almost $15 million in his third year. That would mean Chicago would pay Rose, Noah, Boozer and Asik more than $60 million in 2014-15.

Even if the Bulls used their amnesty clause on Boozer before then, it's a big risk if Asik does not pan out and the Bulls are then unable to re-sign either Luol Deng or Taj Gibson, who will become a restricted free agent after next season.

Mel_13
07-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Lin + Asik

Lasik - sponsorship potential

50 million dollars and still can't see the playoffs.

whitemamba
07-18-2012, 02:22 PM
:lol
50 million dollars and still can't see the playoffs.:lol

Kidd K
07-18-2012, 06:42 PM
No shit they won't match the offer. Asik isn't worth even half that.

Literally. I watched him play all year. Lumberwagon + worse at layups than 10 year old girls. Again, literally.

racm
07-18-2012, 07:17 PM
50 million dollars and still can't see the playoffs.

Real talk

No shit they won't match the offer. Asik isn't worth even half that.

Literally. I watched him play all year. Lumberwagon + worse at layups than 10 year old girls. Again, literally.

Didn't he choke in the playoffs? Granted, Watson had no business passing to a bad FT shooter in a close game, but even Blake Griffin would make FTs in a close game.

Kai
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Houston blew up their team for nothing. Welcome to the lottery.
Been in the lottery for 3 years. At least the arrow would be pointing down instead of stuck sideways with this current team.

Koolaid_Man
07-18-2012, 09:17 PM
The Rockets are in a free fall....it's like going to the Grand Canyon finding the steepest canopy and then doing a Tak-shemi Sushi Roll off the cliff... basically it's a 360 degree line twist... jumper facing the exit point... and then doing a front flip/360 'misty' over the canopy to the bottom where your soul awaits your stupidity...with a little blood lol

Indazone
07-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey Djohn. Tell me how my @ss tastes. Damn stupid malacca!

djohn2oo8
07-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Not gonna quote that for the simple fact that I don't take anyone who quotes Coldplay serious.

Indazone
07-24-2012, 11:53 AM
you got pnk'd plain and simple. Own it dumbasss

djohn2oo8
07-24-2012, 11:58 AM
lol thinking signing Asik is a victory. You're Asian aren't you?

DeadlyDynasty
07-24-2012, 12:01 PM
lol indazone...gook-loving rockets homer:lol

Add him to the list of biggest ST homers (and faggots)

djohn2oo8
07-24-2012, 12:09 PM
lol indazone...gook-loving rockets homer:lol

Add him to the list of biggest ST homers (and faggots)

Indazone at Yao's retirement party :lol

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GZ6742wwDV0/0.jpg

Indazone
07-24-2012, 01:39 PM
:lol

Best u 2 faggots can come up with?

Kai
07-24-2012, 03:21 PM
only a 3 year deal for a great defensive young center on a contract that despite what the prodigies of this site will have you believe, won't break the bank. Add in the fact that he's on a team that seemingly wants to focus on developing young talent. Yes, let's all chastise the Rockets for this certain monumental blunder before anybody even sees him suit up for us.

TIMMYtoZO
07-24-2012, 03:27 PM
:lol Asik blows, but props to him getting a nice deal despite a shitty series against that undersized sixers frontline. :lol

Pelicans78
07-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Asik isn't worth 8 million to the Bulls coming off the bench. He will be a very good defensive center and rebounder for the Rockets, but is terrible offensively. He came up very small starting for an injured Noah in the playoffs.

racm
07-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Would rather have Splitter than Asik, homerism aside.

Latarian Milton
07-24-2012, 07:50 PM
double successful hits @ RFA this summer, congrats to houston and hope they get a 3rd to make a hat-trick