PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard Graduates from Summer League

timvp
07-18-2012, 08:56 PM
As ace3g posted in the game blog, Kawhi's summer league is over. The Spurs are sending him home after he dominated the first two games.

Nice going, Kawhi :tu

AFBlue
07-18-2012, 09:04 PM
He's leaving Vegas having proven he can handle the ball and create offense off the dribble, whether it's a blow-by or a pull-up jumper. Impressive, if not long, campaign.

ginobilized
07-18-2012, 09:15 PM
leaving for basketball reasons sounds plausible unless there's a secret gambling/prostitution conspiracy coverup and taking him out of Vegas is the only hope the Spurs have of saving a franchise on the brink of becoming interesting.....but, timvp is probably right....or else he's in on it.......I don't know who to trust anymore

gambit1990
07-18-2012, 09:24 PM
i would've liked to see him in the remaining games. don't really care about the summer league now.

as i posted earlier though: over the past two games, kawhi is averaging 25 points on 52% shooting (19-36), 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 steal.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-18-2012, 10:28 PM
i would've liked to see him in the remaining games. don't really care about the summer league now.

as i posted earlier though: over the past two games, kawhi is averaging 25 points on 52% shooting (19-36), 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 steal.

Two words: Blake Griffin

Playing in games that don't mean anything and getting injured isn't worth it. The Spurs saw what they needed to see.

Libri
07-18-2012, 10:29 PM
What should be Leonard's role in the offense next season and beyond? Not only is it clear that he wants to be much more than a corner three point shooter but he is capable taking on more responsibility on the offensive end. It would be interesting to see if the coaching staff begins to draw up plays for Leonard. Perhaps we will see him create his shot on isolation plays and become a legitimate option on offense.

Obstructed_View
07-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Anybody see him shooting? Just makes me wonder about his wrist.

SenorSpur
07-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Now that Leonard has departed, the Spurs summer league team may very well struggle to score without him. Unless, of course, someone else emerges.

weebo
07-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Now with KL gone from summer league, I'd like to see how CJ can run team as the focal point of the offense.

TE
07-19-2012, 01:43 AM
This is a great move by the coaching staff.

Spurs da champs
07-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Now that Leonard has departed, the Spurs summer league team may very well struggle to score without him. Unless, of course, someone else emerges.

Joseph has looked very impressive as well, everybody else not so much.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Two words: Blake Griffin

Playing in games that don't mean anything and getting injured isn't worth it. The Spurs saw what they needed to see.

Most NBA Players play regardless... it's not like they are confined in a padded room. He's just as likely to get hurt playing in pickup games during the summer.

DMC
07-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Most NBA Players play regardless... it's not like they are confined in a padded room. He's just as likely to get hurt playing in pickup games during the summer.
Yes, but it doesn't make the organization look as stupid as if they tell him to go out there and play a meaningless game.

-21-
07-19-2012, 02:36 PM
We've seen what we needed to see out of Kawhi. This gives the others a chance to show what they got. Plus, you don't wanna risk him getting hurt.