PDA

View Full Version : MVP Voting results

kolko
06-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Duncan earned six MVP votes while Ginobili earned four in the balloting from nine national media members, plus an additional fan vote conducted via NBA.com.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/finals_notebook_05.html

Phil Hellmuth
06-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Close!!!

timvp
06-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Duncan earned it. Manu played great in some games in the series, but Duncan lead this team to the championship in Game 7. Duncan makes this team go.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Manu makes the highlight reel, Tim makes the plays that no one would bother to watch again. Manu is more exciting to watch for the media and the casual fan but anyone with legit basketball IQ can see that this game, like so many big games before this, were all Duncan when it mattered most.

CalsonicKansei
06-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Yes he was definitly the MVP.

BigVee
06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
The great thing about this team is I don't think they really care. They all need one another and when each does their part on both ends of the court, they are nearly unbeatable. And, it is just beginning.

Dex
06-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Spurs fans need to appreciate the fact that we actually have TWO players who are willing to put themselves on the line like that, whenever everything matters.

Struggling to figure out which of our guys is MORE incredible, and splitting a Finals MVP vote as closely as one can be split is a great, great thing.

One major question from before this season has now been answered. We have two legitimate superstars. You don't combat Tim Duncan for MVP status without having something special in your heart.

Now Tony just needs to make it three. :smokin

WalterBenitez
06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Nobody asked me in that ... balloting

I'd voted ... CO-MVP TIM + Manu or TP + Eva or Rasho + Beno

:lmao

TMTTRIO
06-24-2005, 12:56 PM
I do think Tim deserved it. I think that they were both very important to the Spurs success and I don't think we would be here without both of them. Just like Tim said there were others that played like MVP's during this series. I really don't think they give a care who won it especially Manu who only wants to win in the end. By the way, Manu is now one of the few including Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen to win a gold medal and a NBA championship in one year :elephant .

Rick Von Braun
06-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Whoaa!! It was 6 to 5!!

That was pretty close.

Horry For 3!
06-25-2005, 02:48 AM
Yeah, Manu is exciting so a lot of people like him and wanted him to be MVP but Timmy is truly the MVP.

whottt
06-25-2005, 02:58 AM
Horry, Bowen, Manu and Tim all deserved it IMO...any of them could have won it and been deserving...That award is meaningless to me after this title...because it took a lot of guys to win it...and Duncan could have the best numbers ever...but he needed help bigtime in this series.

What Horry did in game 5 was really special...If he doesn't put out one of the greatest performance of his career..and perhaps one of the greatestindividual 4th quarter and OT periods in NBA finals history...then aint nobody on the Spurs hoisting trophies last night. That was the game we weren't supposed to win...and Horry won it for us.

Bruce is similar...I actually got pissed when Pop pulled Bruce out of the game for Barry with a min 1:17 to go in game 7...that was a first for me...I was like...what the hell are you doing Pop...Bruce is ruling ass out there....it was like having my Teddy Bear taken away from me as a child. I was saying...get Bruce the hell back out there before Chauncey gets us again.

And Manu was more than just flashy...he scored some big buckets down the stretch and his FT shooting was life saving.

This was a great team championship...it wasn't about Duncan or any one player....

However since Duncan was the one gettting destroyed in the media...I am glad he shut them up by winning that award...that's the important thing...now maybe they'll stay shut up and stop calling him soft.

milkyway21
06-25-2005, 03:17 AM
Manu makes the highlight reel, Tim makes the plays that no one would bother to watch again. Manu is more exciting to watch for the media and the casual fan but anyone with legit basketball IQ can see that this game, like so many big games before this, were all Duncan when it mattered most.amen.

anyway, not winning the MVP trophy didn't bother Manu.Look at him after the game.....he's crazy!
that's why i love this team. There's no prima-donna!
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2005/BowenManu20_295_050623.jpg
:wow :wow :wow

kolko
06-25-2005, 04:22 AM
Voted for Manu:
- Johnny Ludden (San Antonio Express-News)
- Perry Farrell (Detroit Free-Press)
- David Dupree (USA Today)
- nba.com fans vote

Voted for Duncan:
- Mike Monroe (San Antonio Express-News)
-?
-?
-?
-?
-?

orhe
06-25-2005, 04:41 AM
i liked how some writers did it...
Tim Duncan is the very foundation of this franchise but Manu Ginobili is the one who gets them over the top.
which is very true... they are the two guys who were constants in all the series

polandprzem
06-25-2005, 04:47 AM
Hey are they in Argentina talking about that situacion?
And do they thing that Manu deserves it more than TD?

I'm asking Argentinians of course

smeagol
06-25-2005, 04:55 AM
However since Duncan was the one gettting destroyed in the media...I am glad he shut them up by winning that award...that's the important thing...now maybe they'll stay shut up and stop calling him soft.
Great point whottt.

This is a big "Fuck You!" to those dumb talkig heads in the media (and some dipshit spurs fans that post in this board too)

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 05:41 AM

I'm asking Argentinians of course That's one tough question, you can't say they, really, 'cause its not like EVERY Argentinian thinks the same way. I'd say its mixed emotions. Ofcourse most people here are a bit biased because of national pride but if you overlook that, most people understand why Tim got it and why he deserved it.

polandprzem
06-25-2005, 05:44 AM
Thanks MaNuMaNiA

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks MaNuMaNiA
no prob

ata
06-25-2005, 05:51 AM
Horry, Bowen, Manu and Tim all deserved it IMO...any of them could have won it and been deserving...That award is meaningless to me after this title...because it took a lot of guys to win it...and Duncan could have the best numbers ever...but he needed help bigtime in this series.

What Horry did in game 5 was really special...If he doesn't put out one of the greatest performance of his career..and perhaps one of the greatestindividual 4th quarter and OT periods in NBA finals history...then aint nobody on the Spurs hoisting trophies last night. That was the game we weren't supposed to win...and Horry won it for us.

Bruce is similar...I actually got pissed when Pop pulled Bruce out of the game for Barry with a min 1:17 to go in game 7...that was a first for me...I was like...what the hell are you doing Pop...Bruce is ruling ass out there....it was like having my Teddy Bear taken away from me as a child. I was saying...get Bruce the hell back out there before Chauncey gets us again.

And Manu was more than just flashy...he scored some big buckets down the stretch and his FT shooting was life saving.

This was a great team championship...it wasn't about Duncan or any one player....

Good point!
However, I would give it to Bruce.

Rummpd
06-25-2005, 06:42 AM
I agree with the vote this year but this is too small a poll - there are a hell of a lot of basketball experts out there - give each team one vote to a local writer of each team plus an equal amount to national "experts" or something.

Ginobili!!
06-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Here in Argentina most of the people think that should be a Co-MVP, actually I think even in the USA everybody thinks that too....but i think it would be weird to give a MVP trophy to a "latin american" player, right? :angel

NCaliSpurs
06-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

Duncan is the engine that makes this team run. Manu brings us over the top.

But don't get your panties in a wad, cause I think before all is said and done, Ginobili will have a finals MVP of his very own.

WalterBenitez
06-25-2005, 04:50 PM

I'm asking Argentinians of course

Are you asking if we consider Manu as MVP :angel

Of course we DO, even Maradona (Best soccer's player ever) said

"This time Manu deserved it" :king

Well, This year was TD's TIME

2006 MUST BE Manu's time, ok??? :drunk

FoxMulder
06-25-2005, 05:56 PM
As argentinian I must say than Manu was great this playoffs. Maybe if he wasn´t get injured in games 3 and 4 he could have a shot to be MVP. But being realistic Tim Duncan is the real MVP of that team. Is built around him. Just in Games 1 and 2 Manu was carrying the team but Duncan made significant numbers too. 3 and 4 were awful for both of them. Game 5 was all about Horry. And Game 7 was the sintesis of the Spurs, great game inside the paint by Duncan open spaces to Gino and the other outside players such as Horry, Bowen and Barry.
T parker was too frenetic but did and an acceptable job guarding Billups and specially Hamilton in game 7.

Again Duncan deserves his MVP. There will be anothers trophys to win to Manu.

Duncan is like Jordan-Magic-Larry-Shaq
Manu is like Pippen-Worthy-McHale-Kobe

Great and uncanny partners and sidekicks...
And they still have a better relationship than Kobe-Shaq

Greetings and Congratulations Spurs!!! Just sign Scola next year, he is a real star in Spain right now.

nkdlunch
06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
They both could have shared it.