VBM
07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Nash v. Chalmers - at this stage, a wash probably
Kobe vs. Wade - Wash
Artest vs. Lebron - Bron
Pau vs. Bosh - Wash
Dwight vs. :lol - Dwight

Laker Bench vs. Miami Bench - Miami

Miami would handle business in 6 if it came down to it.

The Gemini Method
07-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Probably would come down to which bench puts up a better effort. I'm guessing by the advanced age of the Lakers' bench coupled with the well-known healing effects of Miami on the old folks could surprise a few...if this were shuffleboard.

pass1st
07-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Only real advantage is Howard, if we have Bynum then it's still an advantage. I said it before, Lakers need to make a lot more moves. Namely replacing Pau, backing up Kobe, adding to the bench and getting a perimeter lock-down defender.

Ace
07-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Lakers biggest weakness is perimeter defense and Miami's stars are the greatest perimeter players in the league. Against Miami Dwight will be forced out the paint or will be letting shooters get open.

Ace
07-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Howard makes the Lakers the favorites out West but OKC will be no cake walk.

The Gemini Method
07-19-2012, 10:26 AM
There isn't really any 4 out there to replace Pau...at least not one that can match up with Bosh. They do need a 2, if this were to go down, and if it's a backup--then maybe take on the JRichardson situation...though the money may be too wack to accept.

pass1st
07-19-2012, 10:28 AM
There isn't really any 4 out there to replace Pau...at least not one that can match up with Bosh. They do need a 2, if this were to go down, and if it's a backup--then maybe take on the JRichardson situation...though the money may be too wack to accept.

Would be nice if Aldridgr wanted out of that cursed team.

The Gemini Method
07-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Interesting fit Aldridge would be...

Venti Quattro
07-19-2012, 10:31 AM
The Lakers are not gonna beat Miami with scrubs like McScrub, Blake and Murphy.

Ace
07-19-2012, 10:31 AM

No need to replace Pau, he just needs to remember he's a 7fter. Lakers need to get rid of MWP and find a defender who can hit the three.

lakerhaterade
07-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Miami still wins in 5, maybe 6 games.

The Gemini Method
07-19-2012, 10:33 AM
No need to replace Pau, he just needs to remember he's a 7fter. Lakers need to get rid of MWP and find a defender who can hit the three.

That's a hard thing to do--find someone with the energy to, say, guard LeBron and be able to hit the three with consistency? I don't know if there are anyone out there who can. Perhaps with Nash setting up MWP in the areas he likes it could work for the time being. It all depends on getting that right blend.

DMC
It really depends on factors other than Dwight. For example, does Kobe take 25 shots a game? Bynum is no slouch if he's motivated, and I've seen him take 3 defenders to the rack and dunk on them. Howard is more dominant, but he's no Shaq, except at the FT line.

Koolaid_Man
Nash v. Chalmers - at this stage, a wash probably
Kobe vs. Wade - Wash
Artest vs. Lebron - Bron
Pau vs. Bosh - Wash
Dwight vs. :lol - Dwight

Laker Bench vs. Miami Bench - Miami

Miami would handle business in 6 if it came down to it.

Kobe is better than Wade...offensively and defensively. Lead the league in scoring last yr. Him sitting last game doesn't count either. Wade would not have felt the need to break Kobes nose to avoid being in one of his highlights.

Jamison is better than Mike Miller and/ or Ray Allen. But I admit we need one more bench threat. If we pick up J-Rich in a deal for Howard, resign Hill, add Oneal for Vet min. and still keep Artest then its over..LA in a landslide...and for the record don't compare Nash and Chalmers...at best they score the same points..their both defensive liabilities...the Nash advantage is in assists, offense facilitation, and he simply won't miss if open. Give me Nash over Chalmers 10 out of 10 times over Chalmers in a title game or series.

Clipper Nation
07-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Heatles in 5, as King James shits on them bitches, tbh....

The Gemini Method
07-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Sad thing is this: Miami has the coaching advantage and that's saying something...

jag
07-19-2012, 10:39 AM
I think when it comes down to late game possessions, Miami will go to Wade and Bron, and the Lakers will still rely heavily on Kobe ISO. 60% of that has to do with Kobe, and 40% of that has to do with the players surrounding Kobe. Gasol isn't going to suddenly sprout testicles, and Nash can go through spells of being turnover prone and/or worthlessly dribbling the clock down late in games.

Ideally, the ball should go down-low to Howard, especially against Miami. But Kobe ultimately wants the ball in his hands, and Howard isn't exactly the guy you want taking any shots outside 7 feet. Inside of 7 feet, during crunch time, he's getting hacked and taking his brokedown shooting touch straight to the FT line.

So as much as the lineup has changed, you still end up with Kobe playing hero ball and going 1v1, possibly against LeBron. I'll take LeBron/Wade over Kobe hero ball.

Koolaid_Man
07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Sad thing is this: Miami has the coaching advantage and that's saying something...

Not true...Lakers were great defensively last yr. Pau never showed up because of Bynums emergence and Bynum only wanted to shoot 3's, not play defensive, refuse to join team huddles, and refuse to get his hair cut...

Give me Brown over Spo any day.

Koolaid_Man
07-19-2012, 10:45 AM
I think when it comes down to late game possessions, Miami will go to Wade and Bron, and the Lakers will still rely heavily on Kobe ISO. 60% of that has to do with Kobe, and 40% of that has to do with the players surrounding Kobe. Gasol isn't going to suddenly sprout testicles, and Nash can go through spells of being turnover prone and/or worthlessly dribbling the clock down late in games.

Ideally, the ball should go down-low to Howard, especially against Miami. But Kobe ultimately wants the ball in his hands, and Howard isn't exactly the guy you want taking any shots outside 7 feet. Inside of 7 feet, during crunch time, he's getting hacked and taking his brokedown shooting touch straight to the FT line.

So as much as the lineup has changed, you still end up with Kobe playing hero ball and going 1v1, possibly against LeBron. I'll take LeBron/Wade over Kobe hero ball.

You guys don't realize Dwight will beast on Miami down low and trust me that perimeter advantage Miami has will be Marginal at best given their desire to drive the ball to where the best defensive big will be waiting.

Koolaid_Man
07-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Heatles in 5, as King James shits on them bitches, tbh....

After Artest gets through harrasing that negro he won't have as much energy. We need Artests defensive. He may not stop Lebronze but he will slow him down and lead him right to Dwight...

LA will exploit our inside and Nash will quarter back it all.

Clipper Nation
07-19-2012, 10:51 AM
After Artest gets through harrasing that negro he won't have as much energy.
:lmao

VBM
07-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Kobe is better than Wade...offensively and defensively. Lead the league in scoring last yr. Him sitting last game doesn't count either. Wade would not have felt the need to break Kobes nose to avoid being in one of his highlights.

Jamison is better than Mike Miller and/ or Ray Allen. But I admit we need one more bench threat. If we pick up J-Rich in a deal for Howard, resign Hill, add Oneal for Vet min. and still keep Artest then its over..LA in a landslide...and for the record don't compare Nash and Chalmers...at best they score the same points..their both defensive liabilities...the Nash advantage is in assists, offense facilitation, and he simply won't miss if open. Give me Nash over Chalmers 10 out of 10 times over Chalmers in a title game or series.

Can't factor in scoring when Kobe is the lead dog on his team and Wade deferred to LeBron. I don't see an advantage either way. Whoever is better on a given night probably depends on whether the game is in LA or Miami (i.e. who the refs are sucking off that night).

You're also forgetting Rashard Lewis and Udonis Haslem on the Miami bench.

As far as Nash goes, I actually think he'd be better served on the second unit. Kobe needs the ball in his hands. He's not a spot-up shooter. Nash will be dangerous with Pau and Dwight for sure, but will Kobe take a backseat to let him do work with them? "Facilitating the offense" would essentially mean keeping the rock out of Kobe's hands.

TIMMYtoZO
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Miami in 5 or 6. The Lakers still have an old and slow team. Those teams don't fare well in a 7 game series against Miami. That being said, Howard won't be a Laker. Orlando will pull the deal off the table eventually.

mercos
07-19-2012, 11:07 AM
I'll have to wait and see how this Laker team gels before I make a prediction. I think the Dwight Howard-Steve Nash combo could be deadly. I thought Orlando should have went hard after Nash last season. Howard's game is similar to A'mare Stoudemire, and we all know what Nash did for his career. Imagine how deadly Howard could be in the pick and roll with Nash. With Kobe waiting on the wing when things don't pan out, it could be a devastating offensive attack.

Ace
07-19-2012, 11:14 AM
This message is hidden because Koolaid_Man is on your ignore list

dbreiden83080
07-19-2012, 11:34 AM
They still won't beat OKC. OKC is still much younger and deeper. Westbrook will abuse Nash and Bynum is a better offensive player than Howard..

Koolaid_Man
07-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Can't factor in scoring when Kobe is the lead dog on his team and Wade deferred to LeBron. I don't see an advantage either way. Whoever is better on a given night probably depends on whether the game is in LA or Miami (i.e. who the refs are sucking off that night).

As far as Nash goes, I actually think he'd be better served on the second unit. Kobe needs the ball in his hands. He's not a spot-up shooter. Nash will be dangerous with Pau and Dwight for sure, but will Kobe take a backseat to let him do work with them? "Facilitating the offense" would essentially mean keeping the rock out of Kobe's hands.

I kinda like you VBM so I won't insult you while I destroy your takes....:lol

Can't factor in scoring when Kobe is the lead dog on his team and Wade deferred to LeBron. :lol

^ This comment alone proves my point...Wade doesn't have Kobe's mentality and when faced with play Kobe 1 on 1 it shows

I don't see an advantage either way. Whoever is better on a given night probably depends on whether the game is in LA or Miami (i.e. who the refs are sucking off that night).

^ Again..Kobe takes Wade to the low blocks almost immediately..Wade can try but he's usually not effective trying to post Kobe up because he's smaller than Kobe :lol..Kobe also has a better mid-range game and is a better shooter...tell me again why it's a wash :lol

:lol ^ so at this point who would you take Rashard Lewis and Haslem or Jamison and possibly Jordan Hill...No question you take the latter and not the former

As far as Nash goes, I actually think he'd be better served on the second unit. Kobe needs the ball in his hands.

:lol ^ again not true at all...Kobe has the ball in his hands because he's never had a guard to actually..you know..facilitate the offense...Fisher could bring it up but he couldn't facilitate it..He usually brought the ball up, set a pick or a screen and then ran to the side corner looking for the spot up 3...:lol MJ as a 2-gaurd never had to facilitate that's why he was so devastating on the wings..Ask yourself -> Why did Kobe lobby so hard to bring Nash in...:lol

"Facilitating the offense" would essentially mean keeping the rock out of Kobe's hands.

^ It means keeping Kobe from instructing guys on where to be...Do you realize that the Triangle offense was structured on cutting to the basket..something Kobe has always done very well and in fact it's how he thrives...the iso ball is a result having no PG / floor general that keep it moving...Kobe is a scoring guard and now all Nash will need to do is hit him at the elbows (corners from the top of the key) which is Kobe's sweet spot...this is a no-brainer...Now when Kobe, or possibly Dwight is doubled watch opposing defenses pay with Nash's high FG%

nice doing business with ya VBM :toast

VBM
07-19-2012, 12:27 PM
I kinda like you VBM so I won't insult you while I destroy your takes....:lol

:lol

^ This comment alone proves my point...Wade doesn't have Kobe's mentality and when faced with play Kobe 1 on 1 it shows

2006 disproves that. Wade is second to LeBron on his own team skillwise, and Kobe would be too. Age is a mutha.

^ Again..Kobe takes Wade to the low blocks almost immediately..Wade can try but he's usually not effective trying to post Kobe up because he's smaller than Kobe :lol..Kobe also has a better mid-range game and is a better shooter...tell me again why it's a wash :lol

Wade gets to the line, especially at home. He can still attack the rim. Again, even if I give you the argument that Kobe is more technically sound, they both can pretty much get what they want on offense.

:lol ^ so at this point who would you take Rashard Lewis and Haslem or Jamison and possibly Jordan Hill...No question you take the latter and not the former

I'd take Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Shane Battier and Udonis Haslem over Jamison, Jordan Hill, Blake, Ebanks and such. Ray Allen post ankle-surgery is going to be a problem next year.

:lol ^ again not true at all...Kobe has the ball in his hands because he's never had a guard to actually..you know..facilitate the offense...Fisher could bring it up but he couldn't facilitate it..He usually brought the ball up, set a pick or a screen and then ran to the side corner looking for the spot up 3...:lol MJ as a 2-gaurd never had to facilitate that's why he was so devastating on the wings..Ask yourself -> Why did Kobe lobby so hard to bring Nash in...:lol

But Kobe has had big men who completely dominate in the post and could get easier buckets than him trying to get his on the perimeter. I predict that Kobe runs into trouble going away from what he's used to (even if he actively recruited Nash). Kobe does care about his numbers. Nash penetrates and dishes, and also throws lobs to his big men. Neither of those things really seems to cater to Kobe as much as his supporting cast, unless you want Kobe taking threes from the wing all day.

^ It means keeping Kobe from instructing guys on where to be...Do you realize that the Triangle offense was structured on cutting to the basket..something Kobe has always done very well and in fact it's how he thrives...the iso ball is a result having no PG / floor general that keep it moving...Kobe is a scoring guard and now all Nash will need to do is hit him at the elbows (corners from the top of the key) which is Kobe's sweet spot...this is a no-brainer...Now when Kobe, or possibly Dwight is doubled watch opposing defenses pay with Nash's high FG%

I actually think teams will simply turn Nash into the scorer and make sure they stay at home on Kobe and Dwight. Spurs did that to perfection during their title years, and Nash ain't the player he was then.

nice doing business with ya VBM :toast

:toast

whitemamba
07-19-2012, 12:46 PM
lakers in 5 tbh. lakers D will destroy the heat. no chance.

pass1st
07-19-2012, 12:47 PM

Nash will stop Wade :lol

Ace
07-19-2012, 01:31 PM

The Lakers D that OKC took a big shit on?

tesseractive
07-19-2012, 02:12 PM

This.

With better coaching, I think Dwight would get enough easy possessions against the Heat to make it a tossup, especially with Nash to get him the entry pass. But Kobe doesn't believe in Brown enough to willingly give up the ball, especially down the stretch.

Killakobe81
07-19-2012, 02:15 PM
The Lakers D that OKC took a big shit on?

Heat and Okc would still be Finals favorites but Okc less so. West is tougher conference I would give Lakers a 50-50 shot of beating them. Heat repeating barring injury I doubt they 3 peat though ...

DeadlyDynasty
07-19-2012, 02:18 PM
^There's no way the Lakers aren't the favorites in the WCF if they get Howard. No way.

cheguevara
07-19-2012, 02:23 PM
the team with Lebronze on it easily

but tbh the Thunder, Dallas and even the Spurs have better chance to face Miami next year, so it's irrelevant

Bynumite
07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Whatever happened to that Dwight for Ibaka/Harden deal?

Was it ever a real possibility or just a wild rumor?

Even if Harden had a competent Finals performance, i would have pulled the trigger on that one. Most people would have done the same i guess.

djohn2oo8
07-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Whatever happened to that Dwight for Ibaka/Harden deal?

Was it ever a real possibility or just a wild rumor?

Even if Harden had a competent Finals performance, i would have pulled the trigger on that one. Most people would have done the same i guess.
Rumor.

VBM
07-19-2012, 02:32 PM
^There's no way the Lakers aren't the favorites in the WCF if they get Howard. No way.

Depends on HCA.

m>s
07-19-2012, 08:18 PM
lakers have the edge against miami if they have DH imho. heat struggle against good bigs and they always got pwned by DH singlehandedly everytime they played orlando, DH to LA would be the last thing miami want to see tbh

LkrFan
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
You already know Ace. Your newfound insecurity made you start this thread. :lol

Nash >> Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
MWP << LBJ
Pau = Bosh
D-12 or Bynum >>> Any starting center y'all throw out there

Benches: argument TBD

LkrFan
07-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Kobe had to do everything:

1) score
2) guard Fisher's or Sessions man
3) get the bigs involved
4) lead us in apg
5) close games

Now with Nash onboard, we don't need 3-5 out of pure necessity. Nash can close games, he's an apg wizard, and the bigs will love him.

He'll be more efficient, less ball handling duties, and be fresh come playoff time. The Nashquisition just extended his elite window IMO. His workload just decreased big time.

DMC
07-19-2012, 10:54 PM
This message is hidden because Koolaid_Man is on your ignore list

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 10:43 AM Remove user from ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=19058)
Koolaid_Man (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19058) This message is hidden because Koolaid_Man is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Ace
07-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Nash >> Chalmers
Kobe = Wade
MWP <<< LBJ
Pau < Bosh

Is this only one side of the ball?

stretch
07-20-2012, 01:33 PM
the team with Lebronze on it easily

don't get why people still call him that, despite the fact he has a gold medal now, as well as an NBA championship...

beaners :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-20-2012, 01:37 PM

Nash >> Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
MWP << LBJ
Pau = Bosh

:lmao the ol' arrow argument

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Nash can close games
That's rich.

stretch
07-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Nash >> Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
MWP << LBJ
Pau = Bosh

why do people still continue to do this, when this is virtually meaningless?

Miami wins regardless of LA having Dwight or Bynum. They are simply a better team. The ONLY chance that LA has at winning, is by keeping Bynum, and having him go nuts in the post. I think its very arguable that getting Dwight would hurt their chances, because post scoring is pretty much the only way you can win a 7 game series against them.

ChrisRichards
07-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Not a huge believer that Dwight's addition will make LA better than Miami. LA's bench is still whack. Adding Jamison is a huge lol. Nash is a great addition however, I think his value is higher than Dwight with the Lakers simply because LA's biggest flaw last season was shooting and playmaking and Steve excels on both. Gasol, Bynum, Jordan Hill and even MCRoberts will all come to life next season I bet. I expect high efficiency across the board for these players.

Bottomline for me though is how much will Kobe allow Nash to control the Lakers. If they use Nash as someone who just takes the ball up front and use him as a spot shooter, while Kobe plays ISO ball again, then they're a second round playoff team at best. But if Nash runs the Lakers like he did Phoenix and Kobe fully accepts a Robin role again then I think they're going to be tough to beat with or without Dwight.

JoeTait75
07-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Howard makes the Lakers the favorites out West but OKC will be no cake walk.

Kendrick Perkins has always given Dewey fits, too.